PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Neverland Narrative

Neverland Narrative Join in and never grow up. RPG Forum

Old The Secret of the Purple Pixie Dust

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:57 AM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
So I was thinking Ruby, Hazel, and Misty could meet with the other fairies (Infinity, Peanut, Lemony, Kalani, Phoebe, and Glory--assuming you guys are all together?) and they could all go back to Hazel's house and for tea and discuss the purple pixie dust? That way they can have some time to get to know each other before finding out about the curse. But Primrose, since you wrote that your character was going back to her house, maybe we can write that they invited Primrose over as well?
Anyways, those are my ideas. What do you guys think?
Old 07-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Gone camping
View RiverLunaMorningvalley's Photo Album
RiverLunaMorningvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award Thankful For Award EKB Meme Award 
Total Awards: 34

My Mood: Pixieish
RiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Hiya, Hazel! Is it too late to join? I haven't RP-ed in a while and this sounds really cool!
Old 07-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Actually, Glory's a little late to the party. I haven't even gotten her to the Arrival yet. I'll try to post soon.
Feel free to join, River! We're not that far in yet, so you shouldn't have trouble.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Of course, Luna/River (which do you prefer?)! We are still early on in the RP. I'm glad you like the idea for this!
Umm, I have some news.
Tomorrow I leave for my trip. I get back July 23rd. I won't have internet, but I have a data plan on my phone so I will be able to check this RP and will probably be able to post but might not be able to write long posts. In short, I'll still be here but might not be very active. Feel free to post, I really don't mind! One of the things I like best about RPs is being able to collaborate with so many brilliant writers, so I would love to hear your ideas and insights for our little story.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:31 PM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award Thankful For Award EKB Meme Award 

RiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A list
Thank you both and okay Hazel!

Name: Amethyst Nightheart
Appearance: Amethyst has short, white blonde hair and pale skin. Her eyes are purple and she's fairly tall.
Personality: Amethyst is shy, sweet, and cheerful. When you first meet her, she is very quiet, but once you get to know her, she opens up.
Talent: Garden
Animal Friend: None
Home: A violet in Treetop Bend
Other: N/A

Can't wait to start!
Attached Images
File Type: png Amethyst.png (163.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-13-2015, 09:43 PM
Always learning!
View Book Thing's Photo Album
Book Thing's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 
Total Awards: 150

My Mood: Wishful
Book Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I'm so glad you're joining us, River! Welcome!

I love the idea of having all of us meet up at Hazel's home! I was originally thinking we might notice the fairies who were near our characters getting a little sick, before we leave the Arrival Ceremony. That might give our characters more to discuss when they meet up, and a chance for Jenny and other sick fairies to post? I wasn't entirely sure when everyone was going to become sick, but what do you guys think?

Thank you, Hazel ♥
Old 07-13-2015, 10:20 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
That sounds like a great idea, Hazy! I'd love it if we all got together and introduced ourselves a little bit.
I hope you have an amazing trip, by the way! Guys, since Hazel's going to be absent, let's go throw a wild, raging party at her house! Just kidding. Or am I...

Welcome to the RP, River! I'm glad you've decided to join us.

I really like that idea too, Ruby! That way, we can introduce the sick fairies and get the storyline started. Honestly, I wasn't entirely sure when the sickness would start either, but I think it'd be okay if a few of the symptoms began showing right about now, so we can move the plot along. Though I personally think it'd be a great idea if this was one of those sicknesses that take 7,000 years to spread from one fairy to the next!

Sig made by the amazing Ruby (Book Thing)!

Old 07-13-2015, 10:35 PM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

"Nice job, sugar!" Rosetta clapped. I flashed a timid smile before returning to my job of sorting the flower petals.
Pink petals in the pink bin. Blue petals in the blue bin. Yellow petals in the yellow bin. Altogether, the task was quite tedious, but I didn't mind one bit. The serenity of it all was blessing in itself.

"You should probably go home now." Rosetta piped up after a long silence. "It's almost noon!" I nodded and finished sorting the last few petals before hurriedly dashing off to the Tea Room.

The Tea Room was one of the few places in the Hollow I did my best to avoid. It was always bustling with pixies and the noise in there was just absurd. Nevertheless, I was quite hungry today, and I didn't want to fly all the way back home.

"One sunflower seed soup, please." I managed to squeak out to the waiter. She jotted down my order and zipped off to the kitchen while I sat alone, occasionally sipping my chamomile tea.

The thought of going back to sorting petals after my lunch did not interest me, and I knew Rosetta wouldn't mind if I took the rest of the day off, so I decided I would do what I liked to do best: go for a fly. Gulping down my soup, I hastily left a few diamonds on the table and fluttered out the door, eager to get out of this noisy place.

It was a warm, sunny day; the perfect weather for flying. I hovered above Havendish for a while and flittered left towards the Autumn Forest. The wind kissed my face as I laughed, twirling around in the warm air.

Then suddenly, the wind picked up.
"Oh, jingles!"

I spun out of control and careened downwards, straight towards a towering maple tree.
"Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!" I yelped as sticks, leaves, and branches scraped my face. Tumbling out of the tree with many scratches and bruises, I plopped onto the group, bumping the roots and onto the hill below. I was spawled out across the grass, not daring to move a muscle.
"Pots and pans!" I winced, touching my tender head. "That really hurt!"

Tears were threatening to drop from all the pain. I glanced around to make sure no one was watching and slowly sat up, cringing from the amount of pain rushing through me. I sighed and looked down at the ground. A dark purple pouch was tucked into the roots of the tree.
"Huh?" I tilted my head and reached out to grab it, ignoring the excruciating pain.

I carefully opened the pouch, wondering what could possibly be inside. I soon got my answer. Never bats fluttered out of the folds of the cloth and into the air.

"Huh?" I wondered aloud. What were these bats doing so far away from the Never Mine? Gasping, I followed them, as they began to fly around in one big clump. They suddenly dived towards me and swarmed around me.

"Stop! Stop it!" I screamed and tried to swat them away, but to no avail. I glanced around for an opening in the swarm of bats and swiftly dove through a small hole and fluttered quickly away from the bats.

Once I was safe, I looked around and my jaw dropped wide open. Pixie dust wavered in the air, coming from the trail of my wings.
"What in Neverland!?" I spun around, examining the orchid colored dust. I carefully took a grain of it, inspecting the texture. It felt the same as regular pixie dust, but it looked completely different.

"What is going on?" I wondered aloud. This had never happened before, as far as I knew, so why now? What could have possibly caused this to happen?

My ponderings were disturbed as a conch shell trumpet broke the air. A new arrival! I sighed, and grabbed some of the dust, shoving it into the now empty pouch. I had to tell someone about this!

Dashing east, I noticed the purple dust was still coming off of my wings. The wings were now glowing purple as I landed gracefully onto the platform in Havendish. Fairies were bound to notice. Sheepishly, I tucked my wings against me and stuffed the pouch out of sight, trying to pay full attention to the new arrival.

And here is a picture of Amethyst
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user34813_pic74940_1436899918.jpg (65.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by RiverLunaMorningvalley; 07-21-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:18 PM
Is in my comfy place
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 

Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
I like the idea of us all meeting up at Hazel's house, and also the idea that we'd start noticing a few of the fairies beginning to get sick.
Welcome to the roleplay, River, and nice post! However, the rest of us decided at the beginning that our characters would gain the power to make purple pixie dust after encountering a swarm of bats in the Never Mine... not a group of pill bugs. I'm sorry to bother you, but would you mind changing that?

I took a seat near the back of the water talent section, and was just in time to see the new Arrival choosing her talent. She picked up a pen and leaf scroll, and began writing, her quill flying over the page as her blue eyes shone with excitement.
"Everyone, please join me in welcoming Pandora, a scribe talent!" Queen Clarion declared.
There was an uproar, a cacophony of applause for Pandora. I clapped along with everyone else, feeling excited. She might not have been a water talent, but it would be great to have another scribe around. The others hardly ever left the library or talked to other fairies... Unless it was a research-related topic.
After the Arrival was over, the other scribes stepped forward to welcome Pandora, and take her on a tour of Pixie Hollow. I hoped that I'd get a chance to talk to the new scribe talent soon. She seemed very curious and inquisitive; maybe she'd be more talkative than the other scribes.
As I was flying away from the Pixie Dust Tree, I saw a group of three fairies just ahead of me... Who were leaving behind a trail of pixie dust that was a purple as mine! I hurried to try and catch up.
"Hi there!" I heard a voice call out from behind me. I stopped in my tracks.
Three fairies were hovering there: a light talent with dark, curly hair pulled up into a bun, an animal fairy with wavy brown hair and cinnamon eyes, and a storm fairy with golden waves of hair and sea-blue eyes. Each one of them had wings coated with shimmering purple dust. I remembered seeing them sitting in the water talent section, along with a fairy named Primrose.
"Hello," I say with a smile. "So... You all got the purple dust too?"
"Yes! We were wondering if you knew anything about it," the blonde fairy inquired.
I shook my head. "Sorry, it's a mystery to me too. I've never had this color dust before today. I'm Gloriosa, by the way, but everyone calls me Glory."
"Fly with you!" The brown-haired animal fairy said in a friendly voice.
"I'm Hazel, and these are my friends Ruby and Misty," the light talent fairy added.
"Nice to meet all of you." I nodded toward the small group of fairies I'd been trying to catch up too. "It looks as if they have the strange colored dust too. Maybe they know more about it than we do?"
"Let's go talk to them!" Misty put on a burst of speed.
"After we catch up to them, would all of you like to come to my house for tea?" Hazel asked.
"Sure, I love tea. Thanks," I replied with a smile.
Looking around, my gaze landed on a fairy who was leaning against a tree trunk, looking tired. Two more appeared to be coughing. A sparrow man seemed unable to fly straight, his wings drooping.
I frown. Those fairies almost seem as if they were... sick. Weren't they all sitting near us at the Arrival? I shook it off. That's crazy. It must be some sort of coincidence... Or is it?

(I'm not really sure what the symptoms of the sickness should be... Anyone else have any ideas?)

Thank you, Stormy and Night!

Last edited by Blaze_of_Glory; 07-21-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:48 PM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

How about the dust makes them unable to fly? Or it could knock them out like Zarina's dust did in the Pirate Fairy. Just my ideas.

And yes it is fixed, Glory.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Just catching up!

As she approached the Tree, Peanut looked over and saw a fellow tinker waving at her. In the moment it took her to try to remember who this fairy was, she had flown over. She introduced herself, and found that this fairy's name was Infinity. The two chatted lightly as they flew closer to the Pixie Dust Well, Peanut only tripping over her words once (Infinity didn't seem to mind, thank goodness). Near the edge of the branches, Infinity suddenly blurted, "Peanut, your dust is purple!"
Jingles, she had forgotten all about that! She was about to comment how weird it was before realizing that Infinity trailed the same purple dust!
"So's yours!" she gasped in astonishment.
Infinity paused. "Did you go to the Never Mine today?" She asked curiously.
Peanut blinked. "Yes," she answered slowly. The mystery was eluding her. "What does that have to do with anything, though?"
Infinity looked excited. "I think that's where this dust comes from!" She spoke-whispered.

Peanut tried to process that, but was still confused. The Never Mine? She wondered. What does the Never Mine have to do with purple pixie dust? How can it possibly be connected?
She would have mulled it over longer had she not realized the other members of her talent guild were watching her hovering next of them, completely lost in thought. Peanut's glow turned a soft tangerine orange color. How embarrassing!

She lightly perched next to her fellow tinkers,watching the Well like it was one of Lyria's plays. Carefully guided by a fast-flyer, a tiny wisp of dandelion fluff fluttered down to the Well. Terence, a dust-keeper, was careful not to stir up too much of a breeze as he poured a teacupful of dust over the fluff. The fluff glowed brightly before revealing a fairy, dressed in the dandelion fluff she had arrived in.
As Peanut watched the fairy being greeted by the Queen, and learning how to fly, she forgot her earlier awkward moment and lovingly remembered her own arrival day: arriving at the base of the tree rather than the Well due to some unruly winds (and her huge fluff skirt), learning how to fly thanks to the Queen's steady guidance, being helped back up to the Well so she could find her talent, and watching as the tinkers hammer she had lifted up shone and sparkled...
...much like the new arrival's pen and scroll did.
"Fairies and sparrowmen," the Queen announced with a smile, "please join me in welcoming Pandora, a scribe talent!"
Peanut clapped happily for Pandora. A new scribe talent meant new stories to be written, new stories to be read--how wonderful!

The tinkers flew out slightly early, probably to tend to their poor pitted pots and pans. Peanut, however, hung back, remembering her odd purple dust. Explaining it to one fairy could be easy, but an entire group? She'd probably stutter into submission.
As she pondered, she noticed a few of the tinkers beginning to cough and sneeze. One faltered a bit in flight; another tinker reached down to help.
That's weird, thought Peanut. These fairies didn't seem sick at all during the ceremony.
She had only dwelled on that for a moment before she heard a familiar voice. Turning around, she saw Infinity flying with a fairy with... was that a giant lemon on her head?
Peanut nervously ran her hand through her hair--meeting two new fairies in such a short time was a little nerve-wracking--before flitting over.
"Fly with you, Infinity," she told Infinity, hiding her nervousness beneath a smile, before turning to the other fairy. "My name's Peanut," she told her brightly. "What's yours?"
(Alright, I caught up! I know that the story calls for two fairies flying together, but I knew Peanut wouldn't want to be alone, and I'm guessing Infinity would probably stick by Lemony after the ceremony.
As for the illness, I was thinking it would be like a bad fever: coughing, sneezing, chills... they would probably become grounded as it became worse, the purple pixie dust illness affecting their flight. If you want it to be really bad, there could be hallucinations, but that sounds almost too terrible to put someone through.)
(Also, in case anyone was curious, chills are when most of your body feels like it's freezing--it's called 'chills' because you're shivering so much--but your head feels like it's on fire. Believe me, it's not a fun thing to go through when you're sick. )
Old 07-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Is in my comfy place
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Okay, those are good ideas for the illness. Sorry Popcorn, I changed my post to say three fairies.

Thank you, Stormy and Night!
Old 07-21-2015, 08:28 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Nice posts, guys! I have realized I'm beginning to get less active on here, and that not just because of vacation. I have become what you'd say a casual fan, and won't visit as often as I used to. So, would you guys mind controlling Infinity for a while?
Old 07-21-2015, 10:10 PM
I miss PH & PHF
View Primrosesweet's Photo Album
Primrosesweet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Create A New Holiday Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017  
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Quiet
Primrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Brightsparkle View Post
So I was thinking Ruby, Hazel, and Misty could meet with the other fairies (Infinity, Peanut, Lemony, Kalani, Phoebe, and Glory--assuming you guys are all together?) and they could all go back to Hazel's house and for tea and discuss the purple pixie dust? That way they can have some time to get to know each other before finding out about the curse. But Primrose, since you wrote that your character was going back to her house, maybe we can write that they invited Primrose over as well?
Anyways, those are my ideas. What do you guys think?
Sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Thing View Post

I love the idea of having all of us meet up at Hazel's home! I was originally thinking we might notice the fairies who were near our characters getting a little sick, before we leave the Arrival Ceremony. That might give our characters more to discuss when they meet up, and a chance for Jenny and other sick fairies to post? I wasn't entirely sure when everyone was going to become sick, but what do you guys think?
Maybe fairies start getting sick within the first two days? Some getting it faster than others? And maybe it does just start with some fairies coughing and sneezing, and gradually gets worse, to the point of being unable to fly.

Soft light wound its way through the small window on the eastward side of Primrose's lily pad home. She stretched and groggily went over to her wardrobe and selected a dress made of cotton -dyed a soft water blue color. The bottom was sewn to resemble a Clumsy's kerchief when it was held together in the middle of the fabric. Cotton was one of the few fabrics that lasted the longest, and was also the most practical for Primrose's haphazard lifestyle.
She slipped into the dress and fastened the thick belt around her waist. Primrose scratched her head, was there something she was forgetting?
Primrose stepped back and looked at the full length mirror on the back of her wardrobe door. ''EEKK!'' she screamed, flying backwards and knocking into her kitchen table, and plopping painfully onto the bench right by right. She took a deep breath and looked up again. ''Oh no, oh no, oh no... this cannot be good!''
Primrose's wings had turned a dull purple color, and whenever she fluttered her wings, instead of the usual sparkling color of golden pixie dust, there was a deep-purple colored dust that fluttered around her. The same that she had seen the night before, the same she had seen on multiple fairies. Had her wings been purple the night before, too?
Hand trembling, Primrose reached back and softly touched her left wing. It felt the same as it always had... just a slightly different color. But how would she go back out into public like this? Would anyone notice the difference? Was it contagious?
There was one way to find out. Maybe Elixa would know what was going on.
~~~~~
The sun was just over the tops of the autumn forest trees when Primrose made her way to Neverberry Thicket. So far no one had seemed to notice the change in Primrose's wings, or if they had, they had not pointed it out.
Already it looked like Elixa was up and about, like a busy bee that only rested while it was dark. Primrose could see her red curls bouncing up and down as she busily worked on another remedy. The receptionist was there as well. Her blonde hair pulled up in a tight ponytail, her moody silence permeating the atmosphere, the complete opposite of Elixa.
Primrose landed on the other side of the screen and pinged the bell two times.
''Name?'' the receptionist asked, sliding the green screen aside.
''Primrose, and I have an extremely odd case of discolored wings and pixie dust,'' she rushed through her words.
''Fascinating,'' she answered in a completely bored tone. ''Please sit on the bench and wait till your called in.''
''Okay.'' Primrose turned and sat rim-rod straight on the bench opposite of the screen. A minuted rolled by, then a second one.
''Primrose?'' Elixa called from inside her tree. ''You may come in.''
She stood up, smoothing her long, orange hair over her shoulder, just then realizing that she had done nothing with it that morning. Primrose walked towards the entrance into the tree, and pushed open the door.
Warm light bathed the entire room. There were pillows lying on the floor where several animals lay asleep. Along the walls were several shelves all full of bottles, ingredients, and leaf books. Elixa had quickly run out to the adjoining room, and came back with a steaming kettle.
''Tea?'' she asked, setting down the copper pot on the table just to the right of the center of the room. The table had already been set with at least ten teacups, all set in two stacks. She gestured for Primrose to sit down. ''It is just peppermint. Most pixies like it.''
''Sounds lovely,'' Primrose answered, taking a seat on the red divan just to the right of the table, inwardly wondering how many fairies had had tea with the same teacup which was set before her.
Elixa looked up and analyzed Primrose. ''What seems to be the problem? The wings?'' she asked. ''Honey, or sugar?''
''Honey please,'' Primrose responded. ''The wings are the problem. They turned purple! Same with my dust! Do you have any idea what is wrong with them?''
''Hmm...'' Elixa tapped her tea spoon against her chin. ''Have you felt quesy recently? Too many blackberries maybe? Eat anything odd?''
''There has been nothing odd! That is what is so strange!'' Primrose exclaimed. ''Besides getting frightened in the Mine yesterday... that wasn't odd, just alarming.''
''What happened in the Mine?''
Primrose waved her hands vaguely in the air. ''Some bats frightened the dust right off of me and my group while we were in the Never Mine.''
''Are they experiencing any symptoms?'' Elixa asked, pouring the peppermint tea into the teacups.
''Not that I know of...'' Primrose answered. ''But there were a few fairies last night that may have had purple wings as well.''
''May have?'' the doctor's eyebrow went up. ''Are you sure that a fairy is not just playing some kind of prank on you? For that seems to be the only conclusion that I am able to reach.''
Primrose had to gulp down a bit of tea to keep herself from the irritation that was welling up. ''I do not think that this was a prank. If it was, wouldn't my dust still be yellow?''
''Hmm,'' she looked over to the door, then sitting down on a part of the tree that curved into a convenient seat. ''Perhaps. But to tell you the truth,'' Elixa said looking Primrose in the eye, a kind of worry fixated within, ''If what you have is a sickness, I have no knowledge that would allow me to prescribe anything that might allow you to return to normal.''
The world seemed to go silent. Primrose looked down into her tea; all irritation suddenly vanished. She realized then why Elixa wished it to be a mere pixie prank.
''I better head out,'' she said softly, placing her teacup down on the table and standing up. ''Thank you for your time, Elixa.''
''Come in tomorrow, Primrose,'' ordered Elixa, her voice quiet as well.
''I will,'' Primrose answered, waving, and then leaving.

Last edited by Book Thing; 08-02-2015 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Merging posts
Old 08-02-2015, 06:48 AM
Always learning!
View Book Thing's Photo Album
Book Thing's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 
Total Awards: 150

My Mood: Wishful
Book Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Ruby

As Pandora took off with the other scribe-talents to begin her first trip around the Hollow, her eyes gleamed with wonderment and joy, as bright as the radiant leaf scroll. I smiled to myself, musing upon how much she would adore all of the knowledge her new home had to offer. With all of its nooks and crannies, Pixie Hollow's library abounded with secrets and stories waiting to be discovered. And as much as I would have loved to welcome another animal-talent, the possibility of a new scribe uncovering more tales and legends was immensely exciting.
All of a sudden, something in the distance caught my attention, tearing my thoughts away from the new arrival. A fairy had just faltered in flight, and although her friends had quickly supported her, she hung weakly in their arms. I frowned in concern as I noticed her listless wings and her sickly white complexion. Even her friends didn't look too well, as they began a brief fit of coughing and sneezing. Just as I was about to rush over and offer help, Hazel exclaimed, "Look! Those fairies have the same purple pixie dust as we do!"
I spun around to follow Hazel's gaze, and sure enough, there were three fairies with purple specks fluttering from their wings. Although I knew none of them by name, I had undoubtedly seen them before. I'd often seen the two tinkers whisking by in the Tearoom, usually carrying pots and pans to repair. And it was easy to recognize the garden-talent, for I'd always found her striking lemon hat wonderfully unique.
"Should we go talk to them?" Misty suggested.
"You guys can if you want." Primrose looked tired. "I think I am going to fly home. It has been a long... day."
"All right. Fly with you later, Primrose!" Misty said.
As Hazel and Misty started toward the group of fairies, I chanced a glance at the sick pixies I had seen. They must have recovered and continued on their way, because they were nowhere to be seen. After another vain look around, I turned back hesitantly and caught up with my friends.
"Hey! That water-talent has purple pixie dust, too!" Hazel remarked once more, gesturing toward a fairy with mulberry dust and a cascade of long, dark hair trailing behind her.
"Wow, there seems to be quite a few fairies with the same mysterious dust!" I said.
"Yeah. Maybe we're not actually that unique and special after all!" Misty teased. "Let's talk to her, too!"
"Hi there!" I called out, causing the fairy to turn around abruptly.
The water-talent greeted us with a smile. Glory, as she had introduced herself, noticed our purple pixie dust immediately, but she was as mystified as us regarding its meaning. We hoped the group of fairies ahead of us would know more. And so, Hazel, Misty, Glory, and I hastened to meet the three pixies who were, like us, entangled in this everlasting mystery.

Thank you, Hazel ♥