PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Beyond the Hollow

Beyond the Hollow For anything not relating to Pixie Hollow or Fairies

Old Pets

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-17-2015, 03:44 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Pets

I'm sure a thread like this has been posted before, but talking about our pets is always a fun little topic. Animal-talents can go on and on about their favorite critters, while some of us prefer to call them "pests". So, do you have any special little pets in your life that you take care of? I'd love to hear about them!

We have a cat who has lived with us for over ten years now (she's around 16 at the moment).

Spoiler for Photo:

(The Photos are in my Private album so they'll be hidden if you're not on my Friends list )

She basically lives in one room of the house and is a cranky old lady. ^^ She yowls for attention whenever she's feeling lonely and grows so much fur that we have to brush her twice a day so that it won't be left all over the bed and carpet. Too bad we can't use the fur for knitting, otherwise we could probably knit a sock every day, lol!

We also had a gorgeous kitty live with us for a couple of years. He was very friendly and liked to nuzzle your face, which was so adorable! He would do anything it took to make me pet him when he wanted it, even sit right in front of my laptop screen and on my typing hands if he managed to do so!
I can't quite recall what his breed was, but he had very long, slender legs and a good memory, so he must have been an expensive purchase for his original owners.
He always had health problems during his stay with us, so we were constantly nursing him, which made us even more attached to him.
Spoiler for Photo:

We also have an aquarium with tropical fish. Our previous one was about 140 litres (around 36 gallons?) but it broke so now we have one that is twice as less.
I don't have any photos to share at the moment as the aquarium is a bit overgrown; I haven't cleaned the glass in a while and the plants need some pruning. But I searched up photos of the type of fish we currently have.

We've had a range of fish throughout the years, but at the moment we have a Swordtail female (we need to get some new friends for her, she seems lonely). She is red with black fins so she's our little Spanish dancer.

We also have a school of Neon Tetras which brighten up the aquarium.

Our most recent purchase was a Golden Plecostomus. He lives in the castle tower so all we see is his belly through the little window and his tail because he can no longer fully fit inside it. He was tiny when we first bought him and now he's about 3 inches long and will continue to grow!

Finally, we have a school of Peppered Catfish; they are placid during the day but are fun to watch when they wake up closer to nighttime.

So there you have it! We've always had a pet or two to keep us preoccupied; we had a white mouse many years ago but I've always wanted a parrot or a puppy - maybe some day I could have both. ^^ (One of my friends said she would like a pig and an owl so my wishes shouldn't be too far-fetched, right?)

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 10-17-2015, 03:30 PM
Listening to LET IT GO!:D
View xXKitty_LunaXx's Photo Album
xXKitty_LunaXx's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 33

My Mood: Exasperated
xXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent
Heart

I've got three cats, I think they're in one of my albums on here. Originally I had my three kitties Blankan(very lazy and friendly, female), Percila(she's shy to mostly everyone but me), and Lucky (friendly and lazy, but unfortunately he passed). We got a new cat named Hank who is lazy and friendly like my other kitties but he's a bully to the other cats, especially Percila. We used to have a bunch of goldfish but my dad put them in the wrong water and they unfortunately passed. Those are my pets ☺️
Old 10-21-2015, 08:24 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Aww, what a great idea for a thread! I agree, it's always fun to talk about (and hear about everyone else's!) pets.
I have two cats that are about five and six, respectively. Lily is a white angora kitty -

Click the image to view the full version

And Blossom is a gray tabby. (She was named that because when she was a kitten, she loved to chase falling cherry blossoms. )

Blossom is rather lazy and can usually be found sleeping in a patch of sunshine on the couch. Her days of chasing cherry blossoms are long since past, and we even considered renaming her once... Lily, on the other hand, is really energetic, and has a fondness of climbing and perching in high places. We've since learned not to put anything breakable on the higher shelves of the bookcase...

I also have a little Maltese dog named Snowball.

He's full grown (we're not exactly sure how old, since we adopted him from a shelter), but frequently gets mistaken for a puppy because of his size. For such a small dog, he seems to have endless amounts of energy, and let's just say the house seems a lot like a zoo when he and Lily are having a game of chase...

(Oh, and by the way, these are all images I searched up, but they're almost exactly what my pets look like. My parents don't let me post images of home online, even if it's just a picture of a pet.)

Sig made by the amazing Ruby (Book Thing)!

Old 10-31-2015, 07:06 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
@Luna: Wow, three cats, that should be interesting! Your kitties look so cheeky in your photos, hehe.
Oh it's always so unfortunate when cats don't get along - our two cats could never be in the same room without spitting remarks at each other.

@Night Wish: Your pets look and sound sooo adorable, even if a bit boisterous! And that is completely understandable to not share personal photos, your parents are doing the right thing, you can never be too careful.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 10-31-2015, 07:54 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
This is such a great idea for a thread! I currently don't have any photos of my cats uploaded onto my computer, so I'll post pictures I found on the internet of cats that look really similar to mine:

This is Tiger, one of my two cats. He's the adventurous one of the two--he loves going outside when the weathers' warm and adventuring around the neighborhood. Sometimes, he even likes going outside in the rain, and comes back in soaking wet and cold!
He sometimes gets into fights with other cats around, although I think he likes the action--he occasionally comes home with bits of fur missing or scrapes and wears them proudly.
He's also the more social of the two cats, especially lately. He's usually attached to me at the hip, following me around and sleeping on my bed while I'm doing homework or flitting on the internet, but lately he's becoming more attached to the rest of my family, which I think is great.
His favorite thing to play with is a catnip-filled banana, and his favorite place to be is on my bed, on the corner closest to the window that overlooks the street--he loves to sleep there or watch the birds flit by.

And here's Shadow! Or, sort-of Shadow. She actually looks a bit more like this:

She and Tiger are from the same litter, so they've known each other all 7 or 8 years of their lives. The two of them get along really well, although they are known to play-fight occasionally. Surprisingly, shy Shadow usually wins!
Shadow was named really well, actually--she's a shy kitty that enjoys staying in shadowy, dark places until evening. Around then, she usually comes out and meows like crazy for her favorite thing of all: wet cat food. And then she'll start cuddling with whomever is sitting on the couch.
Her favorite toy is her cat tree, which she obsessively scratches at, and her favorite place would be on the couch, being pet and cuddled with.

Signature by someone, avatar by Neverbelle ~ Come flit by my Userpage! ~ Switch friend code: SW-0846-5678-6094

Last edited by popcorn1234; 10-31-2015 at 07:59 PM.