PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Shops, Tailors, Bakeries & Tinkering > Out to Lunch

Out to Lunch Archives for various Shops and Tailors threads.

Old Sewing in Pixie Hollow

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:56 AM
Has Animal Talent
View texastinkerbelle's Photo Album
texastinkerbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Curmudgeon
texastinkerbelle is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaticRose View Post
I love tailoring ^_^ I just got my last badge today. But I definitely think the spider sewing is the most difficult part. Rarely do I get an awesome score, like when u sewing over the hole, its usually just great and good. Any tips on how to get an awesome score on spider tailoring?
I have the third badge & I can tell you I think there is no right or wrong way.

I think the spider just does what she wants!
I always hated spiders...Now I have a reason.
I get a few (Green) Awesome's But usually it is the (Yellow) Great.
And sometimes when I click it I get "Nice Try".
I know I got it but the Spider says I didnt!

Old 11-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Is a Fairy
View KarmaticRose's Photo Album
KarmaticRose's Fairy
KarmaticRose has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastinkerbelle View Post
I have the third badge & I can tell you I think there is no right or wrong way.

I think the spider just does what she wants!
I always hated spiders...Now I have a reason.
I get a few (Green) Awesome's But usually it is the (Yellow) Great.
And sometimes when I click it I get "Nice Try".
I know I got it but the Spider says I didnt!
Lol, yep, I think u got it! I'm sure it depends on the internet connection too. At home we have cable internet and it runs fine, but on my husbands office computer, which is DHL, it lags. I will click when the spider is over the whole and it will say Nice Try. But yeah, mostly yellow, great, for me too. Eh, guess I will just keep trying. Good to know I'm not the only one =)
Old 11-27-2008, 03:16 PM
~*the animal whisperer*~
View JulieFlutterlily's Photo Album
JulieFlutterlily's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Sluggish
JulieFlutterlily has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
I click when the spider is right on top of the hole and my scores for sewing are still in the 70's. I get awesome the first time and then the next two times usually a great..

Last edited by JulieFlutterlily; 11-27-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Is a Fairy
View Morningstar_Sky's Photo Album
Morningstar_Sky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Lifetime Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Pixieish
Morningstar_Sky has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent
The spider was driving me crazy so I tried a bunch of techniques and finally found one that works 90% of the time. Like some of you others trying to get the spider when he was on top of the hole didn't cut it for me. Here's what I do:

1. Let the target come up and place mouse pointer over the bullseye.

2. Right before the spider gets to the bullseye click on the bullseye. For holes on the left side that would be when the spider is to the left, for holes on the right side when the spider is on the right, always on his downswing.

Hope this helps some of you. Sure made getting the patterns done quicker for me.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:10 AM
Is a badge hound fairy
View Violet Merryvale's Photo Album
Violet Merryvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 55

My Mood: Balanced
Violet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosinmotion View Post
If you read in the leaf journal under crafts, it lists how many patterns you've attempted and completed. The sewing badges tell you that you get the first badge after completing 5 patterns, the next one at 25, and the third one for doing all 100 outfits FOR THE SEASON! Which means every season there will be 100 patterns????
You have to do the sewing 100 times, not 100 patterns. Whew, that would be too much! But the key is you have to be working on a featured item for the season. The ones at the top in blue are the only ones that count towards badges. Also you have to be doing community tailoring, not for yourself. I think your score has to be over either 60 or 80 for it to count towards the badges. I have all 3 autumn and finally all 3 winter. Thank goodness!

As to the spider, it used to be you click on the screen when the spider was over the green in the bullseye. Now you have to RELEASE the button when you think the spider is in the correct place.

Depending on the pattern, I do okay with the spiders, but the 9,000 plus patterns are ridiculous. Adults will have a hard time let alone kids! The dye is too fast and the caterpillar moves at the slightest mouse touch, the pattern pieces are microscopic and the spiders move 10 times faster.

I don't think I will ever unlock all the patterns, because I only sew 100 times for the badges with one fairy. Not my favorite.

VM
Old 02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
PH Founding Fairy
View Pink Plumeria's Photo Album
Pink Plumeria's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Hot
Pink Plumeria has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
The spider is not my favorite part of tailoring and has been my downfall since I stitched the 1st pattern! I know alot of you prolly liked it better when it was click when the spider passes over target but I have had better luck since they changed it to the click and release. I still have a terrible time at stitching but managed to get the points above 60-70 before getting into the high point patterns. Now I am back to the nice try, good with maybe a great or awesome happening along the way, don't know anyone can get through some of these patterns but I am sure going to try!!

PinkPlumeria-aka Magenta, Mulberry and Koko
Old 02-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Is a badge hound fairy
View Violet Merryvale's Photo Album
Violet Merryvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 55

My Mood: Balanced
Violet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLEDCOYOTE View Post
I've found out that you don't need to wait for the 'bullseye', put your cursor over the hole in the fabric and click when the spider swings over.
That works, but I have never been able to do better than great with this technique. Better chance waiting for the bullseye.

VM
Old 02-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Is a Zelda fan
View animegrl's Photo Album
animegrl's Fairy
My Mood: Artistic
animegrl has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Light Talent
I didn't even realize there were sewing badges but I guess it makes sense. After all, there are badges for the games. I just like attempting to make new clothes for my fairies. I agree with everyone about the spider, it is the most difficult for me too.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:56 AM
Has Animal Talent
View texastinkerbelle's Photo Album
texastinkerbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Curmudgeon
texastinkerbelle is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
I Like the Spider now

I have decided I like the spider better now.....
I have figured out when to release it!

Let the Bullseye come up....
Place cursor on green center & click down...
When the pendulum line is on green let go!
The Pendulum line is the one that is always straight!
I get Awesome most of the time now.
Sometimes you may have to let it swing a few times.
Let it go when you are ready...dont hurry (like I used to!)

EDIT: March changes:
They have changed it back to the old "Click" down to hit the target
NOT THE "RELEASE" anymore!

Last edited by texastinkerbelle; 03-30-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Never Council Changes
Old 03-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Arizona on my mind...
View Bug's Photo Album
Bug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 107

My Mood: Purrfect
Bug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Wow I'll try that. I always try to line up the spider herself!!

Where Dreams Really Do Come True TY Stormy
Old 03-11-2009, 02:53 PM
PH Founding Fairy
View Pink Plumeria's Photo Album
Pink Plumeria's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Hot
Pink Plumeria has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastinkerbelle View Post
I have decided I like the spider better now.....
I have figured out when to release it!

Sometimes you may have to let it swing a few times.
Let it go when you are ready...dont hurry (like I used to!)

Great advice and screen cap for a visual, TXTinker! You touched on a very important piece of advice- let it swing and don't hurry.

When you get into the real high point patterns the spider swings so fast it is going to test your stitching skills. But if you look in the shops and see these pieces for sale, you will see the quality numbers are not that high. I know there are many pieces I have made for the community that are barely hanging on by a thread so to speak and know that I am not alone when I see them for sale in the shops!

I don't know how they have come up with the quality points in the shops but I imagine they have the people who designed them, complete the patterns to come up with those numbers. But that is just my thought and only spectulation!

Pink Plumeria