PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Shops, Tailors, Bakeries & Tinkering > Out to Lunch

Out to Lunch Archives for various Shops and Tailors threads.

Old Upset with the Tailoring Minigames!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Is a Pixie
View strangeseraph's Photo Album
strangeseraph's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Book Titler Participant's Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Winter Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Amazed
strangeseraph is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Angry Upset with the Tailoring Minigames!

I hate the changes to the tailoring games. Hate hate hate. I miss the cute ants that bought me pieces, they were the cutest thing ever and they're gone! The spider sewing is not a intuitive as it used to be.

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE DARN CATIPILLAR! I always jump when it tells me to jump and I still hit the darn thing its telling me to jump over. (Is that a bead or something? What the heck?) I don't get the compass bit, I'm pointed at the green and still go way off course, the compass basically does nothing. I hate it.

I'm frustrated that I have to do the game over and over again. I really hate tailoring now, I used to have fun making things. This is not fun.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:44 AM
just vibing
View kass101's Photo Album
kass101's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Boo!
kass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
You should probably write the Never Council about it

Last edited by Mommy 2 Jules; 11-09-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: inappropriate
Old 11-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
I am slightly annoyed that they made the games harder, too ~ but there are some nice new changes to it.
I agree with Kass ~ maybe you can e-mail the NC.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Gosh, really? I find Tailoring much easier now, and I'm not trying to boast. I used to jump when it told me to, but I noticed - as you did - that it doesn't work. You need to wait until you are about to ram into the nut before clicking to jump. And I never pay any attention to the compass at all. When I do, I mess up. I watch the caterpiliar and gently turn when I need to.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:08 AM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I prefer tailoring now. I think it is so much better than it was.
And the caterpillar is so much easier to navigate now.

~Twi
Old 11-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Animal Talent
View Jellyblossom's Photo Album
Jellyblossom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Make A Wish Award National Cookie Day 2012 Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Dreamy
Jellyblossom is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I'm happy with the changes, too. The caterpillar and spider are a lot easier for me since they changed it. The only thing is that I never do practicing anymore, because I don't need it to unlock news clothes, so I forget about it and I still have to get my royal badges of course
Old 11-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Summer's end, fall begin
View Julie Roseblossom's Photo Album
Julie Roseblossom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 54

My Mood: Artistic
Julie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
You don't need to keep the compass in the green. Just put your cursor in front of the caterpillar and turn it to whatever side you need it to go. Making semi-tight turns on those corners helps too

Last edited by Julie Roseblossom; 11-09-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Pixie typo ;)
Old 11-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Goodbye!
View Jillian Snowdew's Photo Album
Jillian Snowdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Sad
Jillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
The cake leading was a great headache for me.
Now here's a tip for the caterpillar: Just continue pressing the mouse even before the time and starts and twist your way along the line, jump when you reach the bar, but then immediately click back.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Rainbow Over the River
View Riverbow's Photo Album
Riverbow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
School Days Contest End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Cookies
Riverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Tailoring isn't for me

Yes I agree; I didn't like tailoring much before the changes, except the cute caterpillar following the cake and the ants that brought pieces, but now that those 2 enjoyable parts are gone, I just don't tailor at all anymore. It's easy to avoid, but sometimes I do want to make my own clothes.

But it sounds like the changes worked out well for everyone else, so I'm glad.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Is a Pixie
View strangeseraph's Photo Album
strangeseraph's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Book Titler Participant's Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Winter Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Amazed
strangeseraph is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
I think I may have reacted too soon to the caterpillar and spider. I've been doing other tailoring patterns and getting good scores on them, it may have just been the configuration of the pattern I was trying was a bit difficult.

I also tried that trick of waiting until the bead was right at my nose before jumping and it worked, so thank you to everyone who gave that bit of advise!

I still miss the pattern piece ants though.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Getting to Know You
View Julie Dazzleshimmer's Photo Album
Julie Dazzleshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ July the 4th Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: QuiteMad
Julie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent
I find it much more easier now then it was before. I didn't like it how before they didn't have a outline around where the pieces were supposed to go.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
The caterpillar cutting was always hard for me, and it didn't improve with the hurdles -_-
But everything else is okay ~ the new activities like knitting & beading is fun, and spider stitching & the usual activities are easier or just the same. So I guess the changes aren't bad at all ^^
Old 11-12-2011, 10:38 AM
loves to fly!
View ella_roseplume's Photo Album
ella_roseplume's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Create A Talent Award Autumn 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Thankful Award Riddle Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Pixieish
ella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Caterpillar Cutting used to be a nightmare for me and at first the new changes seemed even worse, but recently something clicked and I realized the new way of doing it is super easy. You're right, the compass is useless, but the caterpillar is much easier to control now. And with the jumping, it helps do it as soon as you see the item rather than when it says to because there's a bit of a lag.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:46 PM
A Hot Cup of Tea
View Flora's Photo Album
Flora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2016 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Autumn 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award 
Total Awards: 82

My Mood: Rainbow
Flora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the Queen
Garden Talent Light Talent Water Talent
I don't mind the new changes much, but I still like the old way better. And I REALLY REALLY wish they didn't change it so you can't make the old tailoring patterns now. They were so much more fairyish!!

Old 11-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Let's make some magic!
View Charlotte Frostsparkle's Photo Album
Charlotte Frostsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Purrfect
Charlotte Frostsparkle is a Fast FlyerCharlotte Frostsparkle is a Fast FlyerCharlotte Frostsparkle is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Animal Talent
tailoring is my least favourite thing to do in the hollow, but its not because its difficult. I find most of it to be pretty easy, though it did take a while to get the hang of the new caterpillar cutting. The only think i can't do is the shaving. no matter how well i think im doing, i always get a really low score!