PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies Minigames and Quests

Fairies Minigames and Quests Talk about the various minigames and quests around the realm

Old Snowflakes Sweep Tips

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:28 AM
knows the muffin man
View Buttercup PollenPuff's Photo Album
Buttercup PollenPuff's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 44

My Mood: Sneezy
Buttercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent
Smile Snowflakes Sweep Tips

I'm not sure if this thread needs to be here or in the Spoiled area so beware there is infor about the Snowflakes Sweep and some tips. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how to do that.

Let me first say this game was really hard for me so I gave up after level 7. My fiance being the competetive type had me log out and got on with his water fairy (Crystal Bubblestream.) I'm proud to say that Miss Bubblestream made it to the end of the game.

The game is 30 levels long. With each level either you must get more snowflakes (5, 7, 10, etc.) or tyou must get more types (purple, green, blue, silver, pink) or the wind picks up, or there are more icicles melting in your way.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you accidentally drop a wrong snowflake in (pink in the purple bag) it will not only not count but add to the number you need or, in the case that you have a thread with multiple flakes, not count them.

After a few levels an hourglass drops which gives you 30 seconds more. Sometimes two will drop at one time. A blinking snowflake of a certain color = three snowflakes. So if you get a pink flashing one you get three. If you get the special snowflake that flashes sort of blueish purpleish pinkish it can go in any bag. Eventually a pretty bubble will drop with a pink snowflake in it. If you click that one all snowflakes on the page will turn into the special anyflakes.
Towards the end of the levels you will have one bag right in front of another bag, you should fill that one first because if a different type of snowflake hits it, it will knock out the snowflakes you have collected.

That's all for now.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 AM
*~Arcade Award Winner~*
View Petunia Frostyblossom's Photo Album
Petunia Frostyblossom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award EKB Day Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Spring 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 57

My Mood: Manic
Petunia Frostyblossom is a wiz at Fairy TagPetunia Frostyblossom is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Happy Thanks for the Info!

Buttercup, thanks for the tips! I think I made it to level 26 or 27 with a bit more that 32,000 points. I ran out of time. Wow-wee! Is this game time consuming or what? It reminds me of Petal Pick-up that way.

How many total points was your fiance' able to get?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:02 AM
knows the muffin man
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 

Buttercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the Queen
Congratulations on getting so far.
He got 111,096.
I put up the pictures in my gallery. I think a Mod has to approve them before you can see them.

Last edited by Buttercup PollenPuff; 02-11-2009 at 07:05 AM. Reason: needed to add pics
Old 02-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Is a badge hound fairy
View Violet Merryvale's Photo Album
Violet Merryvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 55

My Mood: Balanced
Violet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Good to know how many levels!

I was stubborn and got to level 30, but my keyboard stuck-my end not the game-and had to quit. (Wish I had known it was the last, and sadistic, level.) When there are hourglasses, it helps a lot! You can get over 200 snowflakes as a reward, so sticking it out to get the 1000 for the badge can be useful.

Thanks for the tips!

VM
Old 02-11-2009, 06:30 PM
loves Rosetta
View JoBroFan's Photo Album
JoBroFan's Fairy
Awards Showcase
PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award Happy Easter Happy Valentine's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Pixieish
JoBroFan has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent
i love the new game, but it wasnt giving me my snowflakes as rewards

xoxo
Old 02-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Proud Mom Fairy!
View Lila Mossgarden's Photo Album
Lila Mossgarden's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Crossword Winner's Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 115

My Mood: Baking
Lila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
The game I was playing froze on level 8!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:06 PM
knows the muffin man
Awards Showcase

We had alot of lagging, especially towards the end, it was evven irritating for me to watch. My fiance has the patience of a Saint, as long as the cause is competetive. I know he had to play some of the levels multiple times because not enought extra time dropped the first time he played.

btw I noticed there is no badge for how many times you play, nor is there a high score badge yet. When they come out will they be applied retroactively?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Has Animal Talent
View texastinkerbelle's Photo Album
texastinkerbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Curmudgeon
texastinkerbelle is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup PollenPuff View Post
:

btw I noticed there is no badge for how many times you play, nor is there a high score badge yet. When they come out will they be applied retroactively?
This is a Pre-release Pre-view.
I imagine the badge will appear when the game is Open to everyone.
And No i dont think the game play will count.
It didnt with the other games before badges were being awarded.

Also I too was not recieving ALL the snowflakes awarded.
I checked my badge & pouch before playing...
I won 17 snowflakes but ONLY 5 were added to to Collection Badge & Pouch.
I did this experiment again & it happened again.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Proud Mom Fairy!
Lila Mossgarden's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Crossword Winner's Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Terrific Spotter Award 

Lila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magic
Iguess it was my fault. I upgraded my adobe and i didn't have problems anymore
Old 02-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Has Animal Talent
View texastinkerbelle's Photo Album
texastinkerbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Curmudgeon
texastinkerbelle is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
I am playing a different fairy today & she is getting the correct amount
deposited in her account for playing the snowflake game.
Maybe first day jitters. lol

Old 02-17-2009, 07:11 AM
wants those Twirly Boots!
View slightlyremoved's Photo Album
slightlyremoved's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2011 Award Winter Solstice Award Autumn 2010 Award Summer 2010 Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award Summer Fun Screenshot Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: owoooo
slightlyremoved has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Yeah, I've been playing this game to collect the ingredients but it does get hard and really frustrating after a while. My highest score was something like 65000 before my internet stopped working...and I didn't get my ingredients either. It was a very sad evening for about 5 minutes.

Otherwise the game is fun, for the most part. I wish it wasn't so much like Petal PickUp though because that's definitely my least favorite game. :\
Old 02-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Collector
View Ali_Lenora's Photo Album
Ali_Lenora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Winter Solstice Award 2010 Holiday Award Spring 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Bored
Ali_Lenora is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
sounds great, but i'm not a member so i cant do it BLAH! well- when SOON comes i'll be able to do it!

is this game open for non-members yet?!?!??!?!??????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 02-17-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: merged double post
Old 02-19-2009, 08:39 PM
playing DI on Xbox One
View Littlebell's Photo Album
Littlebell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Creative
Littlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Lightbulb a few more tips :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup PollenPuff View Post
there is info about the Snowflakes Sweep and some tips.
thanks for the tips! i've actually been able to complete it more than once now. it takes a *long* time - maybe a half hour - but it's worth the ingredients if you're trying to buy stuff.
  • the "purple" flakes can sometimes be confused for white or pink if you're trying to go too fast - i do that a lot.
  • keep the name of the game in mind. if something is in your way, like a color that you're not collecting, you can "sweep" it out of the way and focus on the rest.
  • you can sweep stuff in any direction, including up - that helps sometimes.
  • if you're not short on time and there's an hourglass on the screen, always get that first - especially if you're on your last bag and only need 1 more flake to finish the level.
  • when using the bubble to change everything, get as many "anyflakes" as you can and stuff them in the nearest bag.
hope this helps!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:44 AM
3 "Sweet" Fairies
View Sapphire Sweetfeather's Photo Album
Sapphire Sweetfeather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 May the 4th Award 2017 Mother Earth Day Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 175

My Mood: Cookies
Sapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
So, will there be a way to tell when it's open to the general public? I was just thinking that maybe the snowflake may be a little different on the sign so that we non members will know it's open to us. Just wondering I didn't know if they did something like that with any of the other games when they were new.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Proud Mom Fairy!
Lila Mossgarden's Fairy
Awards Showcase

They said it would be available 'a few weeks later'. Sorta like soon, I think!

I, too, agree that I do not like the games with 40+ levels. I don't like paying a game for over an hour...

It is open now!! Yay!

Last edited by Sillyasacat; 02-20-2009 at 08:28 PM. Reason: merged double post