PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Pixie Tales > Hollow Tales

Hollow Tales When the pixie dust runs out.

Old STORY: Go Ask The Wise Woman

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Role-Player
View Caspar's Photo Album
Caspar's Fairy
My Mood: Author
Caspar has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Garden Talent
STORY: Go Ask The Wise Woman

Hello! Thank you for looking at another one of my stories, Go Ask the Wise Woman. Please check out my others, and I'll be posting more soon. Message me if you have any requests, comment your opinions, and enjoy!

Go Ask the Wise Woman

Jessica and her mother lived a happy and simple life. Every day they would rise at the sun's first light, go out to the barn and milk the cow and collect the chicken eggs, and then spend a hard day of work in the fields, cutting down the long grasses and bundling them up. Every day as the sun went back to sleep they would clean the house, sweeping and changing the bedding. On one particularly hot and humid day, Jessica and her mother came stumbling back inside the house, exhausted. Jessica's mother limped to the kitchen table and sat, breathing hard. Jessica felt like falling into a deep sleep, but she knew she still had chores to do. "Mother, I am too tired to make a hot meal. Can we just have some cheese and bread?" Her mother nodded. "Yes, dear, that would be fine." Jessica cut two slices of bread and cut off two hunks of cheese and set them onto the table. "Thank you." her mother said, and they both sat and quietly enjoyed their meager meal.

After they were done, Jessica noticed her mother rubbing her feet. "Mother, I can tell that both of our feet hurt. I'll go fill a tub so we can soak our tired feet." "That would be perfect." her mother agreed. Jessica went out to the barn and brought back a heavy, metal tub. She placed it under the water pump and filled it halfway full. She then stumbled back to the kitchen. The two tired women placed their sore feet into the water, sighing with relief.

Jessica awoke with a start, and splashed her mother’s legs with the feet water. "Oh my," Exclaimed her mother, yawning. "Did we fall asleep?" Jessica nodded, rubbing her eyes. Even though she had fallen asleep, she still felt tired. "Come on, mother. Let's go to bed." "Aright." agreed her mother, and the two tired women went to bed. There is an old legend that Jessica had totally forgotten. When you have feet water, you're supposed to dump the water out and place three large stones on top of the tub. That way you'll be safe from the Feet Water People. The Feet Water People were little men and woman about half as tall as a normal person that live in the mountains. They come into your home and . . . well, we will see.

As Jessica and her mother slept soundly in their beds, there was a knock on the door. A little voice called out into the night, "Feet water . . . feet water. Open the door. Feet water . . . feet water, let us in." There was a crash from the kitchen, and Jessica bolted straight up. "The feet water!" she exclaimed. Her mother, also waking up, yelled, "Close the bedroom door!" Jessica jumped out of bed and banged the door shut, locking it. She then ran to her mother's bed and together they huddled close and waited. In the kitchen, the water from the tub spilled all over the floor. It started to creep towards the front door, rising in height. The water formed a hand and it opened the door. Seven tiny men and seven tiny women raced it, carrying wool and thread and spinning wheels. They immediately ran to the kitchen, and started to spin the wool, singing, laughing, and shouting merrily. Jessica and her mother were terrified. "The Feet Water People," Jessica whimpered. "We forgot about the tub." The two frightened women listened to the chaos beyond the door. “Jessica,” her mother finally whispered. “Go ask the Wise Woman. She will know what to do.” “The Wise Woman?” Jessica said, amazed. “I can’t go past the Feet Water People!” Her mother held her hand and squeezed. “Be brave, my daughter.” Jessica kissed her mother on the cheek and crept towards the door. She took one deep breath, formed a plan, and flung open the bedroom door.

The Feet Water People didn’t even look at her. They just continued laughing and weaving. “Hello!” Called Jessica. A few looked up, but they didn’t seem fazed. “I’m going to get some water for tea.” Jessica said, grabbing the feet water tub and marching out the door. Once she was outside, she threw the tub into the barn and started running through the woods towards the Wise Woman’s house. When she arrived, she saw the Wise Woman sitting on her front porch. “Oh Wise Woman!” Gasped Jessica, stopping right in front of her. “It’shorriblethelittlepeopleareinourhousingyelling and . . . “ The Wise Woman snapped her fingers in front of Jessica’s face. “Hold up, girl! Clam down. I can’t understand a word you’re saying.” She gestured towards the seat next to hers. “Sit down and tell me what’s wrong.” Jessica sat down and started to explain about the feet water and the little people. When she had finished, the Wise Woman nodded thoughtfully. “Ah yes, I know exactly what to do. Listen up, child.”

Jessica stared at her house, the lights blazing out of the windows and the shrieks of laughter echoing through the woods. She must follow exactly what the Wise Woman had told her to do. First, she went back to the barn and grabbed the tub. She walked straight to the middle of the yard and dumped any left over water into the ground. Then she turned the tub over and place three large rocks on top of it. After she had finished, Jessica stood in front of the front door, breathed in, and flung the door open. “Monchala!” She yelled at the little people. “Monchala is on fire in the mountains!” Just as the Wise Woman had said they would, the Feet Water People grabbed their tools and rushed out of the house and into the woods. Jessica slammed the door shut and locked it. She ran to their bedroom. “Mother! They have left but we must shut all the windows and curtains. Quickly!” They did just as she had said. After they were done, they huddled together in bed again and waited.

Just as the Wise Woman had said, the Feet Water People returned. Someone pounded on the door, and a gruff and angry voice called, “Feet water . . . feet water, open the door! Feet water . . . feet water, let us in!” Nothing happened. They pounded on the door again, and the voice screamed, “Feet water! Feet water! Open the door! Feet water! Feet water! Let us in right now!” Then another voice came out of the ground. “I can’t let you in! I have been poured out and now I lie under your stinking feet!” The Feet Water People looked down at their grubby toes and yelled in outrage. They started to race around the house, beating the walls with anger. After an hour the noise died away, and as Jessica peaked out of the window, she saw that the Feet Water People had left them. She walked back over to her bed and pulled the covers over her head, and neither of the women said a word.

From then on life continued the way it always had. Jessica and her mother worked hard and lived happily, but they never forgot to pour of their feet water.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:28 PM
cool
View Cerise_Ivory_Electro's Photo Album
Cerise_Ivory_Electro's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ EKB Meme Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Winner's Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Skilled Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 34

My Mood: Apathetic
Cerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dust
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Wow, that was an amazing story! Feet water people sound scary! I'm defiantly not using feet water anytime soon!