PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Pixie Tales > Hollow Tales

Hollow Tales When the pixie dust runs out.

Old The Winter Palace

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:47 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
The Winter Palace

OR "Whatever Happened to the Minister of Winter"

Written by Sapphira110

*Part One*

Seasons ago, in the realm of Pixie Hollow, a Great Freeze took place; quiet by accident. A warm-season fairy, known as Tinker Bell, learned she had a twin sister among the Frost Fairies named Periwinkle. In order for her sister to visit the warmer seasons, Tinker Bell built a snow machine to keep Periwinkle cool. But that is another story altogether, for after the Great Freeze came the Great Thaw and Pixie Hollow was back to its meadows of four seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall.

During that crisis there was one question on everyone's mind in the warmer seasons: Where was the Minister of Winter and why did she not appear to help combat the Great Freeze? Not only that, but the Minister of Winter had suddenly vanished after that and had not been seen since. Whatever happened to her?

Rani, a water fairy, was going to find out. In the Winter Woods warm-season fairies' wings grow cold and tear or break. But Rani had no wings, so she could cross into the Winter meadows easily.

It was now spring on the Mainland and the winter fairies were taking a rest from making snowflakes and practicing frost creations.

Dressed in warm caterpillar fur, Rani stepped across the border between autumn and winter. Not too many frost-talents were about, but Rani bumped into an energetic fairy who introduced herself as Gliss.

"Do you know where Periwinkle is?" Rani asked, "or maybe you don't know Periwinkle..."

"Oh, I know her. She's one of my bestest-best pixie pals!" Gliss said. "She's with her sister, now, I'm not sure - "

"-where? That's all right. Um...are you friends with the Minister of Winter?"

Gliss laughed. She was just a bubble of joy. But when she saw that Rani was confused, Gliss became serious. "You could say that all frost-talents are friends to the Minister of Winter, however...she is quite a mystery to us all. Probably only Lord Milori would truly know her secrets and could call her 'friend'."

"Ah. How come?" Rani asked.

"Hm...well, the only time she comes out of her Palace of Ice is when winter is due to the Mainland. Or, she used to, anyway. She used to venture out when Queen Clarion called, too, yet none of us have seen her for many winters. Many frost-talents wonder why Ree chose her for the title of the Minister of Winter, when Lord Milori could have been chosen. Snowflake - oh, ah, that's what we call the Minister of Winter - is rather anti-social."

"Oh. Maybe that is why she did not come out to help with the Great Freeze..." Rani tried to guess.

Gliss shrugged. "It sounds cold-hearted, but that may be the case. However..."

"Yes? Yes?" Rani prompted when Gliss paused. "Did something dreadful happen to her!?"

Gliss shook her head. "Lord Milori would have said something...No, it's the Winter Palace that's the greater mystery. Did you know that it had once been covered and encased in snow and ice for a long, long time and almost lost to myth?"

"I believe I've heard of such a tale," Rani nodded.

"Ooh! I know! Why don't the two of us go to the Winter Palace and check it out? We might find Snowflake and could ask her why she didn't come to frost the seasons and help save the Pixie Dust Tree," Gliss said. She began to flutter and flit around in excitement.

"Is...that all right?" Rani asked.

"Of course it is! Come on, I'll lead the way!" She began to fly away, then flew back when Rani only walked. "Er...you want me to coat your wings in frost? You might be able to - "

"-fly? No..." Rani shook her head. "I gave my wings up to save Mother Dove."

Gliss gasped. "Well, um...Ah! I know. Be right back!"

Gliss came with a pair of skis made from Popsicle sticks. She explained how they were used.

"-Oh, just like water-skiing," Rani said. "That's my favorite sport. All right, Gliss, lead the way!"

*To Be Continued*
Old 04-21-2014, 07:12 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Sounds great so far!
Old 04-22-2014, 02:48 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Rainbow Good job!

I think it is VERY clever how you used Rani as the investigator because of her special wing situation.

Stormy Lightningberry

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 04-22-2014, 06:50 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 

Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
The Winter Palace

Written by Sapphira110

*Part Two*

The last of the way had to be done by foot, as the Winter Palace was perched on a cliff that overlooked the Winter Woods. Wings could get there, but skis could not.

"And there -."

"- it is?" Rani finished Gliss's line. "It's...shimmerific. Is it made of -."

"-ice?" Gliss adopted Rani's way of finishing a fairy's sentence. "Indeed it is. Let's go inside. Are you excited? I'm excited!"

The two walked the stairs up to the doors - and into the Great Hall of the Winter Palace.

Rani gasped and stared at everything. It was all frozen over. Rani had made hundreds of water sculptures, being a water-talent, but all of this...the long staircase, the organ, pillars - all made of frozen water! It was too amazing to believe.

"Water turned to stone..." Rani murmured, "that's what it's like."

Unthinkable for a water fairy.

Gliss grinned. "All of this was made by Snow and Ice fairies, long ago." She went down a hallway, beckoning for Rani to follow.

There were portraits all along the corridor, made from ice. Rani admired them all, finding it amazing that she could actually see ancient faces of fairies and sparrow men in the different shades of blue ice. "Do you know where we're -."

"-going?" Gliss said. "Nope." She saw a staircase and climbed up it.

Rani smiled. Gliss was just like a stream or river, going wherever she liked. Spontaneous. Calm one second, wild the next.

*To Be Continued*

(Come back tomorrow for the exciting(?) conclusion!!)

{Thank you Rainbowswirls and Stormy Lightningberry for the comments!}
Old 04-23-2014, 06:53 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

The Winter Palace

Written by Sapphira110

*Part Three*

High up Rani and Gliss located a balcony that looked over a frozen waterfall. Rani, though, could hear the water still rushing downward, like a friend whispering a secret.

The Winter Palace at first appeared empty and lonely, but suddenly Rani and Gliss came upon snow fairies building snow castles in a large room. Gliss insisted that Rani should try her hand at snow sculptures. It was difficult at first; snow may be made of water, but it didn't act like water. Rani was able to make a wobbly fortress of snow, after awhile.

"But where is the Minister of Winter?" Rani wondered.

A snow fairy named Opal pointed at a door across the room.

Gliss flew over to it, all aglow with excitement.

Opening the door brought them to a long wide hall, with stained-ice windows. Rani stared and stared, trying to figure out how they were made.

"Berry juice mixed with water, and then frozen," Rani finally deduced.

Another door was opened - and there she was: Snowflake, the Minister of Winter.

"What...what is she doing?" Rani asked

Gliss turned her head this way and that, finally shrugging.

They ventured forward, but a closer look told them nothing.

The Minister of Winter just stood there, arms spread upward, eyes closed, wings open wide. Still as a statue save for her slow, steady breathing. Ice crystals had formed around the hem of her snowy gown.

"Is she okay?" Rani wondered.

"I'm sure she is."

There was the sound of boots. The two turned around.

"Lord Milori...Hi," Gliss said, waving a little dubiously.

"Hm. And what are you two doing here?" Milori asked.

"Well, you see, I wanted to know why the Minister of Winter never showed to help with the Great Freeze," Rani explained. "I know that was a pretty long time ago, but us warm-season fairies still wonder." She glanced at Snowflake.

"The Minister of Winter is a special fairy, or more precise she has a unique role. It's difficult to fully explain, but her main role is to keep the Winter Woods the Winter Woods. If you have noticed, Never Land is changing, it is getting warmer; becoming one, steady temperature - and it is affecting the meadows of Pixie Hollow.
"Snowflake's presence here helps with keeping it cold, but she also must keep this seasoned land in balance. Neglecting that duty would spell doom for the Frost Fairies, but being overzealous would result in all of us being buried in snow.
"The first Minister of Winter was overzealous, the poor child. He tried too hard to keep winter here, and that is how the Winter Palace became lost to us for a hundred years. He froze this place as well as his entire body." Milori opened a new door to reveal a small room where an ice sculpture of a sparrow man stood, in the same way Snowflake did.

"That's...the first Minister of Winter?" Rani asked, shocked and saddened.

Milori nodded. "His soul still lives, though, as what the Clumsies call Jack Frost." He closed the door. "Now do you understand?"

Rani did, and she couldn't wait to get back to the warmer seasons to tell the others what she had learned...

~The End~

(To note, I wrote this story in June of 2013.)

Last edited by Sapphira110; 04-24-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:29 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Feel free to comment or ask any questions in regards to the story; especially if you weren't satisfied with the ending
Old 04-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Flitterific Garden Fairy
View Coconut Tulippetal's Photo Album
Coconut Tulippetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 102

My Mood: fairyish
Coconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Flitterific job! I really enjoyed reading it.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:12 PM
Busy with Pets or Books
View AutumnNeversprite's Photo Album
AutumnNeversprite's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Autumn 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Thankful For Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: Artistic
AutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Water Talent Water Talent
lovely story i so miss the ice place.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:08 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Cool story! I think you should make a sequal!
Old 04-25-2014, 01:36 AM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Bravo GREAT Story!!
Old 04-27-2014, 02:41 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thank You all. I'm not sure how I would do a sequel, since I'm going along with what Disney did in pretty much making the Minister of Winter disappear.