PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Virtual Items

Virtual Items Talk about the things you get in the game.

Old Animal Friends Gifts

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Flying in for a visit
View dandelion_wish's Photo Album
dandelion_wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Design A Costume Winner's Award Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Pixie Parade Participant's Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 35

My Mood: Bouncy
dandelion_wish is a talented Fairydandelion_wish is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Did anyone eles know your pet can bring you a gift associated with another pet? My firefly glimmer just brought me the humming bird shirt
Old 12-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Foxfeather Animal Fairy
View Foxfeather's Photo Album
Foxfeather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 173

My Mood: fairyish
Foxfeather is a Fast FlyerFoxfeather is a Fast FlyerFoxfeather is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent
You can get different animals on the shirts.
BUT how many animal bed does one fairy need? I get only ingredients and animal beds. Gee why am I not lucky?
Sure wish I could get that hat and other clothes and the new curtains.
Wish, wish and wish some more
Oh, no ! I thought this was the wishing stick. Tee hee !
Old 12-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Is a Pixie
View Magnolia's Photo Album
Magnolia's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Design A Shop Participant's Award Book Titler Participant's Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Winter Solstice Award Make A Wish Award Spring 2010 Award Patriot Pixie's 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 13

Magnolia is a talented FairyMagnolia is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblemist View Post
It takes me between 2 hrs to up to 45 min. flying around just to get the gifts
Hmmm...

I timed it the last two days and today. I fed my bee (started the clock) and then went gathering (server-surfing). The first gift came at 20 minutes and the 2nd gift at 35 minutes (15 minutes after the first gift). The same timing, all three days. So, total 35 minutes to get both gifts. Being in a game (Vidia) didn't affect the timing. I don't know if being in the teahouse or a fairy home would affect timing.

What have other fairies' experiences been?

Last edited by Magnolia; 12-13-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:56 PM
3 "Sweet" Fairies
View Sapphire Sweetfeather's Photo Album
Sapphire Sweetfeather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 May the 4th Award 2017 Mother Earth Day Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 175

My Mood: Cookies
Sapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
Well, I logged in today at 8:22am. At 8:46am (24 minutes later) after a game of Crazy Cakes, Sweetberry brought me some Dragonfly Blue Dye. Then, 10 minutes later, while talking with Cricket and Yasmine about duplicate items, Sweetberry thought it was her cue and brought me another Hummingbird tee (Same color as before ). So, from log in/getting Sweetberry with me, to receiving both gifts it was 34 minutes. (I took pictures so I didn't forget the times )

Question though, is two all you get for one day, or have some of you received more than two "gifts" from your animal friends in one day? If you have received more than two, did you log out and back in, or just stay through till you got them? Thanks for the info!

Profile Pic from Coconut. Thank You! Just Remember... I think I'm funny!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Hall of Fame
View pixiedust34's Photo Album
pixiedust34's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Bahahaha
pixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queen
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
as far as I know Sapphire the limit per day is 2. I this has even been stated, but I have never tested it.

I haven't timed how long it takes, but from vaguely paying attention it is usually about what everyone else experiences, about 30 to 45 minutes for both gifts. The only time it has taken longer is when my pet unexpectedly gets hungry, usually sometime after the first gift but before the second gift.

It has happened more times then I like and because it is only a little, (bar goes to 86) I am not notified, but it is enough to knock out the gifts as it is below 90. So I don't know if that counts against the time.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rill Wildspirit's Photo Album
Rill Wildspirit's Fairy
Awards Showcase
National Cookie Day 2014 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Sad
Rill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblemist View Post
Well I think I am not liking the new animal gifts myself, it is taking up way to much of my time flying around trying to find these gifts that our pets are giving us, and most of the gifts are like 10 lilys or 10 ivy, which I can just get by collecting. It takes me between 2 hrs to up to 45 min. flying around just to get the gifts and I would much better be cooking or playing games then wasting time trying to find a gift from my pet for it to turn out to be 10 lilys.

I have feed them, played with them, flew them all around each meadow trying to find the gifts faster and nothing is working. If any of U out there have the secret to finding the gifts faster please post, because to me it's not worth the 4 to 5 roses I spend each day to feed the pets when I could be spending the roses on clothes....LOL I also notice that I have to feed my pets more then before, anyone else notice this? I wish Pixie would just post gift post in each meadow so we can click on it and then back to work collecting, cooking, ect......

I have found that after I have been in a game or crafting/baking for awhile, when I come out, the gift follows very quickly. You don't really have to change the way you play. It is not necessary to look for the gifts. It seems to be a matter of time that has passed, and the gifts appear to be random. So go ahead and play games or bake as usual. Oh, and I have noticed having to feed the animal friends more than before.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Is a Pixie
View SapphireSeaglow's Photo Album
SapphireSeaglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Winter Solstice Award 2010 Holiday Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Sick
SapphireSeaglow has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Light Talent
I'm going to agree with Rill. I've had a dragonfly (adult and let go) and a firefly (current) as pets and I've found that finding the gifts are random. Sometimes they come often, sometimes not; sometimes they come after getting done in a shop/game/etc, sometimes not!

So, I haven't changed the way I play, and i can move around and gather and chat and my pet still goes and finds a gift. I hope that helps
Old 12-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Believe in Miracles!
View Lark's Photo Album
Lark's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 74

My Mood: Pixieish
Lark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rill Wildspirit View Post
I have found that after I have been in a game or crafting/baking for awhile, when I come out, the gift follows very quickly. You don't really have to change the way you play. It is not necessary to look for the gifts. It seems to be a matter of time that has passed, and the gifts appear to be random. So go ahead and play games or bake as usual. Oh, and I have noticed having to feed the animal friends more than before.
I agree with Rill on this one - at first I could fly through the meadows collecting for an hour or more and still receive no gifts.

In the past few days, just by chance, I have found that if I go in and play a game or get involved in an activity like baking, tailoring, tinkering - the gift is almost always waiting for me when I am done. I only have three fairies and three animal friends and they all seem to be behaving in the same way yesterday and today.

I understand from others though that it is very important to check you animal friend when you start because they can not give gifts if they are too hungry or if they are ill or their mood is low.

So, take care of them first thing, go play, and it should be faster - it's worth a try!

-Lark
Old 12-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Shocked gifts from my pet

This surprized me Because Pal is a Ladybug!
Olivia
Old 12-14-2010, 12:07 AM
omg i found fairyabc! :D
View Littlebell's Photo Album
Littlebell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 84

Littlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
i've seen gifts anywhere from 10-30 minutes, with the average being about 20 minutes. it doesn't seem to matter what i'm doing, so if i'm going to be on that long, might as well bring my animal friend with me.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:26 AM
crabby old lady fairy!
View Grace Moonglow's Photo Album
Grace Moonglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 77

My Mood: Dancing
Grace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Thank you pixiedust34 - I think I get it now. YAY!!
Well, I actually had it before, I was just all confused by all the other discussions.
BUT I'm all good now, thats what counts, right? LOL
Thx again!

And to the general query of how long it takes for my pet to bring me both gifts: average is about 35 minutes.
I also make sure my pet is fed, happy & healthy as the FIRST thing I do when I log in.
Then I go try my luck in Spinning Vidia into giving me something other than ingredients!

Last edited by Grace Moonglow; 12-14-2010 at 01:38 AM. Reason: oops!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:51 AM
3 "Sweet" Fairies
View Sapphire Sweetfeather's Photo Album
Sapphire Sweetfeather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 May the 4th Award 2017 Mother Earth Day Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 175

My Mood: Cookies
Sapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
So, I was wondering if after my animal friend brought me my gifts if I switched animal friends (ie, released my current friend and bought a new one) if I would get more gifts. I, sadly, let Sweetberry fly to the mainland and bought a new pet named Sweetthistle. To my disappointment, but not complete surprise, I did not get any new gifts. Tomorrow I'm sure Sweetthistle will bring me something, but they have it set to 2 gifts per fairy per day not 2 gifts per pet.

Profile Pic from Coconut. Thank You! Just Remember... I think I'm funny!
Old 12-14-2010, 05:10 AM
Hall of Fame
View pixiedust34's Photo Album
pixiedust34's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Bahahaha
pixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queen
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
My Ladybug, Dragonflame, brought me a Gold present, I was quite surprised.

In it was the Buggy Bear Ears. Here is what they look like.

and here is what all different color presents look like for those who care.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:42 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark View Post

In the past few days, just by chance, I have found that if I go in and play a game or get involved in an activity like baking, tailoring, tinkering - the gift is almost always waiting for me when I am done. I only have three fairies and three animal friends and they all seem to be behaving in the same way yesterday and today.
I agree with you Lark, whenever I bake tailoring, go into the wilderness, play a game etc. when I exit I almost alway get a gift from Jo-Jo!

~Twi
Old 12-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Thinking about things
View Breezy lemonwind's Photo Album
Breezy lemonwind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner - Retired Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Flutterish
Breezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust34 View Post
My Ladybug, Dragonflame, brought me a Gold present, I was quite surprised.

In it was the Buggy Bear Ears. Here is what they look like.

and here is what all different color presents look like for those who care.

The ears look so cute on your ladybug. And I did notice the different color presents the pets bring. Thank you for posting this.