PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies Minigames and Quests

Fairies Minigames and Quests Talk about the various minigames and quests around the realm

Old Gem Juggle tips :)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:35 AM
playing DI on Xbox One
View Littlebell's Photo Album
Littlebell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Creative
Littlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Lightbulb Gem Juggle tips :)

just a few things i've figured out since the game was released.

scoring:
  • minimum score is +15 for 3 gems, then +40 for 4, +75 for 5, +120 for 6, etc. (maybe +175 for 7?)
  • double head arrows take out one row or column for +100. quad head arrows take out both an entire row and column.
  • the gem bunch adds +100 to the gems it takes out (+10 for the 2 to make the minimum of 3 = +110).
  • the mining hat takes out a bunch for +150.
  • the pick axe takes out up to 8 gems for +200.
  • rocks aren't just there to take up space; i've seen an arrow take out 2 for a total of +300, so i think they may be worth +100 each

tips:
  • i think someone else noticed this too, but you don't have to click+click to swap gems; you can click+drag instead. i find that to be a little faster myself. maybe Vidia contributed the feature.
  • if you're working on the high score badge, don't forget to use the special items when you get the chance. also, while you have to get a certain number of one or two gems on higher levels, if you have the time, try to get matches other than the ones the game wants. think of it kind of like Petal Pick-up when it only wants one kind of petal.
  • once you have the high score badge, if you want to get the other three badges right away, play the first 1 or 2 royal levels. you only need to get about 3505 points in order to also get 10 talent skill points. 100 games x 10 points = 1000 points, plus 500 while getting the high score badge = 1500 talent skill points, which is like another entire talent skill level. might as well multi-task.
  • be careful with the mining hat, it may take out special items!
  • the gem bunch seems to match not only multiple gems, but in multiple directions at the same time.
  • if the pick axe is on the edge, move it in towards the center instead of along the edge, otherwise you'll only take out 5 gems instead of 8; and don't move it into a corner, or you'll only take out 3.
  • arrows can take out rocks. they can't take out frozen gems, but if you use an arrow on the same row or column as a frozen gem, you'll unfreeze the frozen gem.
  • use arrows before some of the others, but watch out that you don't wipe out another special item when you do. also note that you don't have to drag the arrows in the same direction they point.
  • not specific to this, but while you're working on badges, don't forget to let your pet out and check on it every 5 minutes or so until you get your gifts.
  • ...and don't update tips while the timer is still running!

Last edited by Littlebell; 05-28-2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: added more info :)
Old 05-27-2011, 01:49 AM
Is Back For a Few Days :)
View vetcat1234's Photo Album
vetcat1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick Day 2016 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Graphic Trio Award 
Total Awards: 60

My Mood: Sugar-Rush
vetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
thanks Littlebell! i got it with Sarah and trying to get it with Ivy and Alec. thank you again!
Old 05-27-2011, 03:24 AM
♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥
View Juniper's Photo Album
Juniper's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'11 Award Autumn 2011 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Reading
Juniper is a wiz at Fairy TagJuniper is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebell View Post
...and don't update tips while the timer is still running!
Great tips, Littlebell! I especially like the last one.

Last edited by Juniper; 05-27-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:56 AM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Thumbs up Thanks Littlebell

WOW Littlebell thnx so much for all that information! Thats a great help! Juniper you have a great sense of humor! waiting for approval (sig compliments of Mia Lightingwillow)
Old 05-27-2011, 04:53 AM
Likes to go with the flow
View Pearl Moonsplash's Photo Album
Pearl Moonsplash's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 30

My Mood: Curious
Pearl Moonsplash is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Littlebell Rocks

Awesome tips! Great to know such organized pixies! Just finished the high scores yesterday but was wondering on scoring... gotta think Great Games ... Ya know! GL all! And, Littlebell You are a gem yourself! Thanks! ~Pearl
Old 05-27-2011, 05:08 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Thumbs up

That sums it up nicely!
I also notced that the click+drag option works faster; found it out while playing Bejeweled and tried it in Gem Juggler too!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:39 AM
3 "Sweet" Fairies
View Sapphire Sweetfeather's Photo Album
Sapphire Sweetfeather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 May the 4th Award 2017 Mother Earth Day Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 175

My Mood: Cookies
Sapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
You are right about the Rocks Littlebell.... if you remove them (by taking them to the bottom or by using the arrows) they are worth 100 points each.

Profile Pic from Coconut. Thank You! Just Remember... I think I'm funny!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:19 AM
Busy ♥
View Isabelle_Limegreen009's Photo Album
Isabelle_Limegreen009's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Shop Till We Drop Pixie Parade Spirited Shopper's 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award St. Patrick's Day 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Mellow
Isabelle_Limegreen009 is a wiz at Fairy TagIsabelle_Limegreen009 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Thanks so much! This helped alot!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:39 AM
Off to new adventures
View lillyfairy's Photo Album
lillyfairy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 National Cookie Day Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Guess Who Winner Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2015 Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Klingon 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 45

My Mood: Crazy
lillyfairy is a wiz at Fairy Taglillyfairy is a wiz at Fairy Taglillyfairy is a wiz at Fairy Tag
I noticed that unfreezing a gem gets you more points than just a bunch of gems. Wow, that doesn't make much sense..lets see how to better put that...... Well say you have just 3 hearts-you get 15 points, but if one is frozen you get more-I think 30 or something like that. Maybe someone better at these help kind of things can figure it out and explain better than I do. Oh, thanks Littlebell, I knew some of these, but not nearly all, you must have done alot of work to get every so organized and figured out
Old 06-05-2011, 11:54 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Great tips Littlebell!

~Twi
Old 07-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Is a badge seeker
View RiverBubblesplash's Photo Album
RiverBubblesplash's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Spring 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Patriot Pixie's 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Sad
RiverBubblesplash has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent
Oh! LOL I have had a few instances where "bonus" matches that form when the empty spaces fill in can take you past the time limit for that board's goal. Ugh!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Is a Pixie
View momwhoplays's Photo Album
momwhoplays's Fairy
My Mood: Disney
momwhoplays has chosen their Fairy magic
I managed to get this badge yesterday. I honestly have to give Hewelett(hp) Packard credit though!
My newest computer is a touchscreen, &,...my-o-my...it works like a charm - no mouse issues, you just tap the screen, &, the game couldn't keep up w/ME! LOL
I personally think that it's the FUNNEST game the hollow has come up with! I adore that game!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Thinking about things
View Breezy lemonwind's Photo Album
Breezy lemonwind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner - Retired Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 66

Breezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
I love the game myself.
And for those of you that need talent points yet.
Play the game from start to finish and you'll get
lots of talent points.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:50 AM
NOT a care bear....
View Lotuspuppy's Photo Album
Lotuspuppy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2015 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Spring 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Creative
Lotuspuppy is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Okay, maybe I am being daft here but I am having a difficult time figuring what the 'Gems Bonus' is. Is it based on a cascade? Bonuses from collecting more than three at a shot? I have tried to figure it out but there are times I have gotten a cascade and the gems bonus was very low and other times I got very few matches that were more than three and got a bonus of several hundred points. I am very confused...

Lotuspuppy - crystalline clueless

Last edited by Sapphire Sweetfeather; 12-13-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: poor color choice on default skin
Old 12-13-2011, 04:45 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Hmm... I'm not exactly sure. You're not talking about the Time Bonus, right?
All I know is that you receive more points when you make matches with over 3 gems. Also, the special bonuses (the rainbow gem, the pick-axe and mining hat) give extra points as well.
Maybe the cascade that was shorter had more matches with more than 3 gems?