PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion

Fairies General Discussion General Pixie Hollow/Fairies Gaming Discussions which do not fit anywhere else.

Old Missing Pixie Hollow

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-10-2019, 05:19 AM
loves to fly!
View ella_roseplume's Photo Album
ella_roseplume's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Create A Talent Award Autumn 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Thankful Award Riddle Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Pixieish
ella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Tonight I found myself on a late night youtube binge of Disney theory videos (perfectly normal behavior!) and ended up watching a few about the Tinkerbell movies and I was overcome with nostalgia. Seeing all the beautiful Pixie Hollow scenery again really struck me. I still think about the game here and there, but hadn't actually seen anything related to it in a few years. So magical!

I feel like Pixie Hollow was a huge part of my life. It was the first video game I ever enjoyed and I played it almost daily for a good 3.5 years. I've been on the hunt for something like it ever since and have settled on The Sims Mobile, where my main sim Eloise is an homage to my fairy Ella. I don't know exactly why PH became so important to me. It was gorgeous, it was immersive, it was escapist, there was community around it, and it was just plain fun. But even with all that, it's still even more than the sum of its parts for me. It was really special.

I have seriously considered if I ever have a daughter naming her Ella after my fairy! That's how big a place this game has in my heart.

I may not think about PH too often anymore, but I remember it so fondly and am really glad I got to fly there. I haven't had a happy life, but I was always happy in Pixie Hollow.