PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > A Bug's Life

A Bug's Life Bug reports? Repeat after me: There are no bugs, there are no bugs...

Old Okay.. Maybe this is a clue?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Why would you think that Pixie Hollow is not coming back? That site is a testing page. Maybe the site is being tested and is closed for a while. And even if it doesn't reopen, we can still protest!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
When I look up the page on Google, I get this:

Quote:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /live.html on this server.

Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at doldislapp.disney.go.com Port 80
It does seem weird to have the site appear as a testing site, if they planned to delete it. One reason could be that someone bought the domain name and is making a new site out of it.
Of course, that doesn't mean it will be the beloved Pixie Hollow we all remember. It could be completely different and just have information on Disney Fairies and their home.

What the Disney Fairies website has now is a very sorry version of what it used to be. You used to be able to see information about all the famous fairies, like Rani and the Queen. Now you would have to find a fan site to see that kind of info; like their unique homes, best friends, and so on.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:05 PM
∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞
View Infinity Mistyvalley's Photo Album
Infinity Mistyvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Pixie Scavenger Hunt Participation Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Pixieish
Infinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent
Heart

I am hoping this "maintenance" could mean that they are bringing the "old" Hollow back. I originally joined PH in January of 2009. My fairy's name was Dewdrop and she was a Garden Talent. So, I know first hand how the old Hollow was more magical and more believable. A month after I joined, I stopped coming on PH and deleted my fairy. I then returned to PH last February as Infinity Mistyvalley. I bought a membership and stayed until it closed. Initially, I was so SHOCKED at how different it was. I couldn't believe how expensive things were... and how different the clothing styles have changed. Sadly, I think PH lost it's touch and in some ways... it just didn't feel "fairy" like. It was too modern. I hope Disney can go back to the old Hollow. The new Hollow was too materialistic. Perhaps they recognized that error?

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 01-12-2014, 05:05 PM
"You're a fai-"—"I know!"
View Cornflower's Photo Album
Cornflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Thanksgiving Award EKB Meme Award Trick or Treat Award Halloween 2014 Award If Staff Were Silly Sweets Participant Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Bahahaha
Cornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Before the hollow closed, we tried to point out reasons as to why it was closing. One of those reasons was that an evil bug was eating up Pixie Hollow's code, meaning they had to shut down the game in order to do maintenance and get rid of the bug so probably the player's wouldn't get harmed by it? It would explain why some storage items and furniture items we've never had before came out into the shops when the September 19th closing was announced. (I'm going to assume there is an evil bug eating up code, for a second) When the people at Disney heard of the bug, and that they had to shut down the hollow to fix it, they went ahead and put all of the future clothing and storage items into the shops early. That they weren't planning to shut down PH. But that wouldn't explain why Disney is ''shifting their development focus'' to Club Penguin. If there was a bug, they could of said, ''Hey, there's a bug, we'll have to shut the hollow down for a while to fix it! Enjoy the hollow till September 19, the day we start the maintenance. The hollow will be back soon!''
Maybe (keep in wings that I'm assuming that there is a code-eating bug) Disney was all like ''Eh it's too much work, let's just shut down PH and the other too games infected by this bug too, (BUT what if the other games were shut down for other reasons?! So confusing!!!) CP is the only game NOT infected, so let's just keep working on CP instead!''

If this bug does exist, that would explain the creepy pages we've been finding. The pages that showed the log in screen with the endless loading spiral, and the page that showed a PH homepage we've almost never have seen before. Maybe the bug was preventing Disney from shutting down all of the PH pages? It had a big website, after all. And that would explain the page found on this thread.

What if Disney gave up on PH, TT, POTCO, but found out there was an easy solution to save the games from destruction from the bug? So they were probably all like ''Oh wait... this was a lot easier than we thought... Ummm... Maybe we should reopen the games after we fix this bug...'' (Disney would be at least a little embarrassed, right? I would if I was in their wings!) So their probably going to be all like ''HEY EVERYBODY! THE HOLLOW IS BACK! IT'S COMIN' BACK! ''
What I'm afraid of is that Disney decided to be a little lot (A little?! Cornflower, what the socks do you think you're typing? -Coriander Tanglesocks knocks Cornflower out of chair and fixes what Corny typed-) rotten and decided to lie in our faces, saying the Hollow along with TT and POTCO would be shutting down permanently, so people would be all like ''BREAKING NEWS! DISNEY IS SHUTTING DOWN THREE OF THEIR GAMES!'' and the news would spread, as a publicity stunt so that when Disney returned the three games, saying the games are back, the news would be all like ''MORE BREAKING NEWS! THE THREE GAMES DISNEY SHUT DOWN ARE COMING BACK!'' So that Disney would get attention and people would be all like ''Hmmm... I wonder what the three games Disney had said they shut down are like...'' so that Di$ney could get more of their precious ching ching.

Justtt a thought. Sorry for the longggg post.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
I had a second thought after I got off of the computer... the other reason for the testing page could be that Disney doesn't exactly want to close the site officially by deleting it, because they may want to use the domain name 'pixiehollow.go.com' in the future. That means, it could be in 'testing mode' for several years before they decide to do anything with it.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira110 View Post
I had a second thought after I got off of the computer... the other reason for the testing page could be that Disney doesn't exactly want to close the site officially by deleting it, because they may want to use the domain name 'pixiehollow.go.com' in the future. That means, it could be in 'testing mode' for several years before they decide to do anything with it.
Years?? YIKES!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:44 AM
BK
View xAmberXOX's Photo Album
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: CantWait
xAmberXOX is a talented FairyxAmberXOX is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
I'm really keeping my wings crossed that this test page is a good sign. After emailing Disney Interactive several times I'm already exhausted because of their responses! I don't know how else to beg them than email. If they return the same idiotic response I'm not gonna email them anymore probably. I just came up with this saying "You can't cut the chicken if the knife isn't sharp enough". This saying is symbolic: the knife is the authority, meaning you can't get something done unless the authority makes a move. And I think you all know who the knife is -chants Disney Interactive in whispering tone- XD

~Amber
Old 01-14-2014, 01:44 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia Diamondsky View Post
Years?? YIKES!
It did take 5 years to create PH, maybe it is possible they are recreating it so there isn't so many problems? Maybe Disney heard our plead or they don't want to close it? It's all there EVIL SECRETIVE PLANNNN!!! I think maybe they decided to not close it by deleting maybe PH is coming back!!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Pixie Scavenger Hunt Participation Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award 

Infinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver LightflowerPH View Post
It did take 5 years to create PH, maybe it is possible they are recreating it so there isn't so many problems? Maybe Disney heard our plead or they don't want to close it? It's all there EVIL SECRETIVE PLANNNN!!! I think maybe they decided to not close it by deleting maybe PH is coming back!!
Yeesh, let's hope it's not another 5 years. I highly doubt I'll be that interested in playing PH 5 years from now. As great as it was... I just don't see myself playing it in 5 years.

~Infinity Mistvalley
Old 01-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver LightflowerPH View Post
It did take 5 years to create PH
Whoa, whoa, wait. 5 years? The Disney Fairies franchise was started in 2005, so that would mean that the production of Pixie Hollow would (probably) have taken 3 years or less. I'm pretty sure that this is how it happened, since they (might have) wanted to see how popular the Disney Fairies franchise was in order to deem if it was worth it to make Pixie Hollow.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:59 PM
Awards Showcase

Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn1234 View Post

Whoa, whoa, wait. 5 years? The Disney Fairies franchise was started in 2005, so that would mean that the production of Pixie Hollow would (probably) have taken 3 years or less. I'm pretty sure that this is how it happened, since they (might have) wanted to see how popular the Disney Fairies franchise was in order to deem if it was worth it to make Pixie Hollow.
That would make more sense because PH officially opened in 2008 which would have been 3 years after the franchise began. I can't see it taking 5 years to make. Not even Pixar Movies take that long to make.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 01-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rose Starbloom's Photo Album
Rose Starbloom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 5

Rose Starbloom is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Garden Talent
Rainbow

I have seen this page! In fact I just saw it earlier today! Cool beans! Hope, Hope, Hope!

Love,
Rose Hope (Lol)
Old 01-15-2014, 02:44 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Quote:

I meant that it took 5 years to create the game, like animating, and editing, and that stuff. It started with the "Create a Fairy" in 2005, to see how many created a fairy. Then when they continued creating the game because it was a beta test.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Our fairies are in our ♥s
View PixieHollowForever's Photo Album
PixieHollowForever's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Arcade Champ Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 2016 Holiday Traditions Contest PHF Winter Award 2016 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: fairyish
PixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Angry Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

IT HASNT OPENED YET!!!!! I HEARD IT WOULD OPEN ON THE 19TH!! IT HASNT YET AND ITS THE 20TH!!!!!! WHY DISNEY, WHY!!!! Sorry for the caps, i am just really upset.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
And as we all know, according to Disney Customer Services back in August, they were hoping for a reopening time in January. Remember, that was five months ago. Disney Interactive (or SilverTree Media, if they're working on Pixie Hollow again) easily could have messed up on something, and pushed the release date to February or later.
Just putting that out there just in case in eleven days we don't have any new news.
Plus, no one from Disney ever confirmed a Jan. 19 release--someone just made it up since it was the 4 month anniversary. No need to freak out, we still have time, and we still have hope.