PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old What is your favorite book?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:36 PM
~Dream a 'lil dream of me
View Mia_Sparkle_Fairy's Photo Album
Mia_Sparkle_Fairy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award DOW Follower Award - Retired Pixie Resolution Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: CantWait
Mia_Sparkle_Fairy is a talented FairyMia_Sparkle_Fairy is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Hmmm... well let's see...

Hunger Games Series
Harry Potter Series
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her Own Making
Number The Stars
The Giver
Percy Jackson series
Dragonriders Series
A Year Without Autumn
Emily Windsnap books
Anne of Green Gables (Currently reading, and CANNOT put it down! )
A Little Princess
Little House series
A Seires of Unfortunate Events
The Disney Fairies books
The Secret Garden
Trading Faces
The Kind of Friends we Used to Be
The Hobbit
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Redwall
Ella Enchanted

Y
eah... I'm a big reader.

Last edited by Mia_Sparkle_Fairy; 06-03-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Wishful
glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflower View Post
  1. Fairy Wings
When you say Fairy Wings, do you mean the one by E.D. Baker? I love that book! And its not a single book anymore. There's a second one now.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Proud Mom Fairy!
View Lila Mossgarden's Photo Album
Lila Mossgarden's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Crossword Winner's Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 115

My Mood: Baking
Lila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
My first favorite is definitely Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Neither one of the movies do it justice so please read the book. It's great.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:30 AM
We heart PHF!
View Indigo Twinkleheart's Photo Album
Indigo Twinkleheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pixie Resolution Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: QuiteMad
Indigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dust
Light Talent Tinker Talent
fantastic thread, everyone!

I started to write everything down. So far I've gotten up to post 54, and it's going to take me a while. But I actually want to compile this list and put it in order of mentions. If I do, I'll post it.

Nobody has mentioned the Shoe Books by Noel Streatfeild yet, so I'll add them to the list.
Oh, and what about poor Nancy Drew? Is she forgotten now?

For teen/adult fantasy/sci fi reading my very favorite author is Orson Scott Card with Ursula LeGuin a close second. Their books change my perspective.

*Twink*

Last edited by Indigo Twinkleheart; 08-04-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Junior Pixie
View Pearl Lilydew's Photo Album
Pearl Lilydew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Busy
Pearl Lilydew has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
I can't just pick one and I do love Maximum Ride but I's not my favorite. I would have to say Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and most of Wendy Mass's books (such as a Mango Shaped Space, Pi in the Sky, and Leap Day). Both of these authors are so good and I think that they are the best I have come across with the best books to come with.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:46 AM
Lemon Queen
View Lemonyfairy44's Photo Album
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter Treat Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood: Annoyed
Lemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the Queen
Garden Talent
My fave book series? Oh boy this is a tough one to many good choices I did enjoy the Hunger Games though
Old 11-05-2014, 04:46 AM
PEACE AND LOVE!!!!
View guardianluna2003's Photo Album
guardianluna2003's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Blah
guardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyer
Light Talent Water Talent
I am not to much of a reader. But i guess my favorite book would be Lilies of the Field.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:37 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
One of my favorite series is an older one that most of you probably have never heard of, the Chrestomanci series by Diana Wynne Jones.

My favorite book is also written by her, "Howl's Moving Castle". I also like "The Worst Witch" series, that one is really cute. All of them have to do with wizards and witches and are much more lighthearted than Harry Potter.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows" made me sad and depressed for a particular character that didn't get the respect they deserved in the end, in my opinion. The fourth book in the series made me kind of not like the books for a while. (Take no offense you Potter fans, I don't dislike the series completely; I'm simply a very sensitive girl.)

Oh, reading some of the posts, now, I like Nancy Drew, too, I started reading those after getting into the Boxcar Children series.

"The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her Own Making", I've heard of this one and have it on my mental book list in my head (I forgot about it!)

Last edited by Sapphira110; 11-06-2014 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Wow--ten pages of posts and I haven't posted anything yet?

One of my favorite book series' is called The Penderwicks. It's about a family of four girls who go on fun, real-world adventures in their normal lives. They're also really funny, and I find that I can relate to them really easily.

Other than that, there's the Gallager Girls series (teenage girls as spies novels), the Disney Fairies chapter book series (not The Never Girls, although those are good too, but I'm referring to the older series), Nancy Drew (although I admit it's really hard to read them in chronological order, since they're not that common to find these days. At least not in my local bookstore and library), and... other than that, I can't think of anything. I'll probably edit this post later with new ideas.

Wait, Harry Potter... is not my favorite book series. It's good, but I didn't finish the book series because I don't want to read all of the negative stuff that happens in the last few books/movies. Yes, I know that I should have finished them, I just don't want to.

Speaking of book series I haven't finished: Hunger Games. Read the first book, and then got to page 36 of Catching Fire before deciding I could not continue to read all of the back-and-forth love triangulating stuff. My sister then proceeded to spoil me on the remainder of the book series.