PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub > Fairy Bookclub Archive

Fairy Bookclub Archive Archive for Fairy Bookclub

Old Ask me anything about Pixies, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Neverland, or anything related

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Is a Pixie
View Neverheart's Photo Album
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Procastinating
Neverheart is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
That's a good question, Puck...I've no idea what the answer is. =P
I don't think it would be Tinker Bell's nature to want to save Jane. I mean, she hated Wendy enough. So it probably wasn't some kind of miricle from determination. Or maybe she and Jane are better friends than I thought. Never mind. I just think Gail Carson Leviene forgot about that tiny detail, or maybe Disney got it wrong. I'm not sure! Does anyone else know?

-Never

P.S.
Good to see ya again, Puck!
Old 05-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Is a Pixie
View Puck's Photo Album
Puck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Easter 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Daring
Puck has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverheart View Post
That's a good question, Puck...I've no idea what the answer is. =P
I don't think it would be Tinker Bell's nature to want to save Jane. I mean, she hated Wendy enough. So it probably wasn't some kind of miricle from determination. Or maybe she and Jane are better friends than I thought. Never mind. I just think Gail Carson Leviene forgot about that tiny detail, or maybe Disney got it wrong. I'm not sure! Does anyone else know?

-Never

P.S.
Good to see ya again, Puck!
I personally imagine that either Gail Carson Levine decided to add that part afterward or Disney asked her to. Though I wonder if it water should have an effect on pixies at all. I can't see their wings as being...absorbant, exactly, but I can see them sticking together with water and making it difficult to fly. Kind of like that clear plastic that sticks when you get it wet?
Old 05-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Is a Pixie
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 

Haha, I was just using that plastic. Packing and all. I'm moving.
I don't think they look very absobant, either. Why would Disney ask her to put that in there if they already made Tink swim? Maybe she added it in there herself to add to the plot (Rani having to give up her wings, etc.). This is an interesting topic...

-Never
Old 05-18-2009, 02:10 AM
Is a Pixie
View Puck's Photo Album
Puck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Easter 

Yeah, I agree. I think that's probably it. Ty was really sad Rani lost them too, because she was one of Ty's favorite pixies.

You're moving? Huh. Are you glad about it?
Old 05-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Is a Pixie
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I've always liked Rani, too. Bobble is a big favorite of mine, and I think he's the only character I really like in the new Tink movie. Disney did a good job with Tink's vain character in the movie Peter Pan, but the new movie makes that character vanish (for the kids, I guess).
Hmm, back to the subject of this thread. Do any scorpians live in Never Land? I'm not a big fan of them, but I'd like to know anyway. I guess anything can live there, though.

-Never

P.s.
Yeah, I'm moving. I moved six years ago, and now I'm moving back to where I moved from. I've, erm, mixed emotions. I've friends here, but I've two back there. I'll get to see old friends and leave others behind. Even with all the packing, I can find time to sneak away and post on the forum, hehe. So I may be a bit distant for the next 2-3 weeks. One thing I'm hating is that we already packed up our scanner...and I just drew a great picture of Crabapple...
Old 05-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Is a Pixie
View Puck's Photo Album
Puck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Easter 

@Never ~ Yes, I'm really upset that they toned down Tink's firey attitude so much. But hey, what can you do? People probably wouldn't like her very much if they thought about her true personality. She's more of an icon. Bobble's pretty cool, though.

As for scorpions, I personally believe that every species of fauna and flora that live on Earth (and possibly a few that don't, such as a unicorn I read about in a Neverland comic) can be found on Neverland. After all, the island has almost every if not all of Earth's biomes.

Wow...tough move. I wish you the best of luck. I know what you mean about mixed feelings too. Take your time, no rush. XD We'll still be here when you get back.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:57 PM
is a very OLD fairy :)
View rainbowfairie's Photo Album
rainbowfairie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2010 Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Sleepy
rainbowfairie has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Water Talent Light Talent
well tink wanted bad enough to grow big in return so maybe that same determination enabled her to be able to swim. i saw a wet moth once until they dry they are very helpless so maybe fairy wings are different
Old 05-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Is a Pixie
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Yes! I figured out we didn't pack our scanner. So I uploaded my best drawing of Crabapple yet. Puck, I think you'd like her. From what I read in the Sisters Grimm, you two have a few things in common. I'll be putting up her bio in a sec.

Hmm, if Never Land has all of those creatures...man, what if winged lions live there? I really want a winged lion, as a pet or a friend. Is there a specific name for winged lions, or are they just nameless statues that watch over Venice?

Yeah, the fact of moving is probably going to hit me once we're driving away; when I know we won't be coming back. Stupid high bills.

-Never
Old 05-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Winged Lions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
As for scorpions, I personally believe that every species of fauna and flora that live on Earth (and possibly a few that don't, such as a unicorn I read about in a Neverland comic) can be found on Neverland. After all, the island has almost every if not all of Earth's biomes.
Yay! You said biome! Makes sense as nature sprites for us to know that word.

Quote:
Hmm, if Never Land has all of those creatures...man, what if winged lions live there? I really want a winged lion, as a pet or a friend. Is there a specific name for winged lions, or are they just nameless statues that watch over Venice?

-Never
I didn't know they were in Venice. I always think of a winged lion as the King of the Island of Misfit Toys from the movie "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"

Stormy

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 05-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Is a Pixie
View Puck's Photo Album
Puck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Easter 

@Rainbow ~ Grow...big? Are you sure you're not thinking about the movie Hook? Yeah...I always think of fairies with insect wings, fairies being about 5-6 inches tall to human-sized (such as the mainland fairies mentioned in the second fairy quest book by disney).

But NEVER fairies, (which I simple consider/call pixies, because they have so many differences and may be considered a different species of fae altogether) are probably around 3 inches average in my opinion, and they're so small that their language sounds like bells and they have a glow that makes them appear as a ball of light. Some examples of this might be like Navi from the Legend of Zelda, Cornelius and the other pixies from Thumbelina, and Pips & Krysta, from Fern Gully. If you notice, they all produce pixie dust, have glows, have the same wing shape (not an insect's wings) and can appear as spheres of colored light.

Some other differences I've noticed between fairies and pixies is that though they're both types of fae, fairies are weak/allergic to iron and sometimes silver (just like werewolves, djinn, and a number of other magical beings) and that's why horseshoes are said to bring good luck - because they're made or iron and keep away michevious spirits (aka magical creatures). And while Tink can work with things like iron, I don't think that affects pixies. But maybe that's just 'cause it's Never iron? I'm still styudying that...

And my friends and I are a little upset about how they mixed the Never pixies talents up with the nature fairies that change the seasons on earth. We figured that Never pixies stayed on Neverland to do work there, and even then, season-changing is the work of other fae, not pixies. *sigh* Why is Disney merging everything together...? I preferred the books, where the pixies stick to their work in pixie hollow and don't mess with 'changing the seasons'. But I guess that only happens after the Pixie Dust Tree is destroyed according to the Tinker Bell movie. I wish they had kept the original story for that movie instead of changing it. You know, the one in the trailers? That art was better too than the actual final product's art. Their eyes are much smaller than the trailer's and they look weird...

@Neverheart ~ Crabapple? Yes, she's pretty interesting. Very nice drawing. It'll be interesting to get to know her.

As far as winged lions, I wouldn't doubt it. I actually happen to know one by the name of Enzi, and he DOES come from Venice. Well, he did before he moved to Africa when the winged lions in Venice began to die off. He lived off of sea birds and then got addicted to flamingos once he got to the savannah. I'd show you some pictures of him, but I don't know if I should upload them. Heh, and yes, there is most certainly a race of winged lions. Didn't we discuss this when speaking of Water Mirror and Thief Lord books? The Water Mirror has the whole history of winged lions in there, only those are made of stone and I believe there's also a species made of flesh and blood. Possibly the offspring of stone winged lions and African lions.

I'm sorry about your situation. I can only say I might know how you feel... And I'm sure you'll make new friends wherver you go.

@Stormy ~ Yes, biomes. I'm not sure how else to describe the variety of landscapes Neverland covers. ^^;

I figured THAT winged lion would be a toy, considering he's the King of the Misfit Toys.

However, there IS a race of winged lions, and they do originate in Venice, Italy. In fact, Venice is famous for them, just like the Notre Dame in Paris is famous for its gargoyles. If you ever get a chance to go to Venice, look for them. They're on a lot of buildings. There's also a lot of history on the race in the books Water Mirror and Thief Lord, as I told Never, if you're interested in reading about them. Those are great stories.

Last edited by Jezzi; 05-19-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: personal information
Old 05-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Is a Pixie
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I don't think I've read Water Mirror (though I do tend to forget sometimes), but Thief Lord did have a few winged lions, so I figured they came from Venice. I'll need to look up more about them; winged lions and griffins are some of my favorite creatures. Stormy, you made me smile. It's been years since I've seen Rudolph... I didn't even think of the winged lion in that movie.

Oh, I'll make friends. I didn't when I moved here because I figured we'd just move again. But now, since I'm pretty sure we'll be staying this time, I'll..."open up" a bit more.

Ooh, I saw the Fern Gully movie. The first one was so much better than the second. And me and Krysta share the same name, so I thought that was pretty cool. Krysta isn't a very popular name, but it has a special meaning.

Which Lost Boy is your favorite, forum fairies?
Tootles is mine. He's so cute in Peter Pan, and it was rather humorous what happened to him in Peter Pan in Scarlett. He is very humble and seems to totter around the other boys, minding his own business and helping when needed (he's rather to opposite of Slightly...). I wish they made him talk in Disney's Peter Pan.

-Never
Old 05-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Is Off to Never Land :)
View peter_pan3002's Photo Album
peter_pan3002's Fairy
My Mood: Adventurous
peter_pan3002 has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:

Which Lost Boy is your favorite, forum fairies?
Tootles is mine. He's so cute in Peter Pan, and it was rather humorous what happened to him in Peter Pan in Scarlett. He is very humble and seems to totter around the other boys, minding his own business and helping when needed (he's rather to opposite of Slightly...). I wish they made him talk in Disney's Peter Pan.

-Never
My favorite Lost Boy is Slightly
He's so fun and cute haha
Old 05-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Is a Pixie
View lily.'s Photo Album
lily.'s Fairy
lily. has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Yes, in fact it does!

Ooh, really now? Good, I have a question.

Why do you think in the second movie, Peter Pan: Return to Neverland, Tinker Bell could swim when she dove into the water after Peter (to save Jane?)

Isn't it that pixies can't swim?
Okay, well I don't know the answer to that. Lol. It's funny you ask though, because it's always botherd me.

Oh, and for the Lost Boys...
My favorite's are The Twins! I love how when they say something, one says it first then the other follows right after.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Is a Pixie
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily. View Post
I love how when they say something, one says it first then the other follows right after.
Kind of like how Rani-
-Is always finishing other peoples' sentances!

-Never
Old 05-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Is a Pixie
View lily.'s Photo Album
lily.'s Fairy
lily. has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Lol yeah, I love Rani