PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old Photoshop Elements 9: A Simple Signature (Tutorial)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:39 PM
loves to fly!
View ella_roseplume's Photo Album
ella_roseplume's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Create A Talent Award Autumn 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Thankful Award Riddle Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Pixieish
ella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Thanks so much Iris!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
You're welcome Ella ~ hope it helped
Old 12-26-2011, 02:26 AM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I need to Thank You Iris for the amazing guide to making a signature.
Your step-by-step is just wonderful and so easy to follow. It is perfect for someone who knows nothing about graphics (points to herself ).
Yesterday I made my first signature following your guide. If it was not for
your guide I really do not think I would have figured out how to work
PhotoShop, and for that I thank you. Now I just need to play around with it for awhile, I want to find the glow button.

Here is my very first signature, I am very proud and happy with how it turned out ~

~Twi
Old 12-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Goodbye!
View Jillian Snowdew's Photo Album
Jillian Snowdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Sad
Jillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
You did a brilliant job, Twi!

Iris: Heya, Iris! I use Standard Photoshop 9.0.

Can you tell me the Angle and Altitude of the Belevel and Emboss?
I want a watery text like the one you use, but can you tell me the rate of the Bevel and Emboss in your computer?
I mean, after you choose the text from the menu, then can you look the bevel and emboss?
Old 12-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 

Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
That's such a pretty signature Twi -- and on your first try too! I'm so happy that you worked it out, it took me months to understand the simple concepts of resizing an image, adjusting effects, and much more.
And I'm very glad that I helped you on your way to your first signature, too!

Jillian, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "watery" text. If you mean how it's kind of shiny on top and dark on the bottom like highlights and shadows, then it's just a matter of adjusting the pixel size in Bevel to make it work the way you want it too. If you check the little "Preview" box that's at the bottom of the pop-up block, you can see what the text will look like when you click "Okay", which might help.
The many effects in your "fx" or "Effects" bar can also help a lot if you choose an effect which gives a watery effects on your bevel & glow adjustments.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:36 AM
roar
View Roar's Photo Album
Roar's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2013 Thanksgiving Award Graphic Trio Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Pixie Resolution Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 23

My Mood: Adventurous
Roar has made Fairy Mary's A listRoar has made Fairy Mary's A listRoar has made Fairy Mary's A listRoar has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Heart Awesome! :D

Thanks for the post, Iris! This is sooooooo helpful! Just one question, I recently ordered PSE10... Does this info work on that as well, and is #10 just as good? Thanks! Keep it dusty, Iris Waterdew!

~ Rosie
Old 04-18-2012, 12:58 AM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
I haven't used PSE10 before, so I actually don't know if it's very different or not
But Twilight does use PSE10 and she has followed the instructions from this walk-through/tutorial so I'm assuming it's pretty similar.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:42 PM
roar
View Roar's Photo Album
Roar's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2013 Thanksgiving Award Graphic Trio Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Pixie Resolution Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 

Roar has made Fairy Mary's A listRoar has made Fairy Mary's A listRoar has made Fairy Mary's A listRoar has made Fairy Mary's A list
Question Question...

Uh-oh! My fairy won't move at the point when I make it signature size! What do I do?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:26 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
This worked for me PSE10, Rose.

What I do when I make a signature is I open a new window in the
signature size 500x200, then I make the background and drag your
fairy up from the project bin at the bottom of your screen.

I am not sure why your fairy will not move but maybe this will help.

~Twi
Old 04-18-2012, 11:40 PM
roar
View Roar's Photo Album
Roar's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Heart Fixed :D

Yay! It moved to the right spot! Uh, now it won't allow me to attack the backround imagine... A little help?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Quote:
Originally Posted by June Rosewillow View Post
Kass, I downloaded a free PDF creator program a while back. It acts just like a "printer" meaning that when you go to your fairy page to print your fairy and it gives you the option to select which printer you'd like to use, you just select the PDF creator program instead and--voila! It's makes a PDF for you! Just do what Iris suggested and search for a free one.
I love PDF Creator!! I use it alot ~Olivia
Old 04-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Baking cookies for Pluma
View Sweet Cupcake's Photo Album
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Halloween 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Creative
Sweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Thumbs up

Me too! THanks to Iris that learn me when I came
Thank you again!

Iris I love your tutorial! I saw this in your albums before,
you did a good job here!! I'm sure that this tutorial help a lot!!
Thanks!

I use Photoshop CS5 extended and no is easy to use... i went learning it little by little for myself (try and error ) Photoshop Elements is a basic version of Photoshop as the name is Photoshop Elements! is easy and intuitive , you have all the tools that you need in sight instead with PCS5 you can to lose among many tools but if you learn much of them you will achieve their full potential!

Old 04-19-2012, 07:41 PM
roar
View Roar's Photo Album
Roar's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Heart Woot!

It all worked out, accept for when I make my room for the text, I type and NOTHING happens! I've applied all my effect to my text yet no text comes up... Help?

~ Rosie
Old 04-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Yes; PSE is more for editing your images in a faster and easier manner, while PS is for basically anything from drawing to coloring to editing.

And Rosie, you might want to see if the text is above or below your image in the layer panel.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:31 AM
i am ME <3
View slow_potato's Photo Album
slow_potato's Fairy
My Mood: Freezing
slow_potato has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Anyone use PhotoShop Elements 6?

ik i had some sort of photoshop on my comp but sadly its only Photoshop Elements 6. I was wondering if anyone else has this and has used it successfully b4??