PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies Minigames and Quests

Fairies Minigames and Quests Talk about the various minigames and quests around the realm

Old Any tips for aspiring Butterfly Painter leaders?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Mmmmm...vanilla!!
View vanillabug's Photo Album
vanillabug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Winner's Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Charming
vanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queen
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Any tips for aspiring Butterfly Painter leaders?

I just checked the leaderboards and we have several PHF fairies who have received their garden trophy! Congrats to all of you!

Any tips for those of us less talented painters?

Siggy by the ever so talented Twilight!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Baking cookies for Pluma
View Sweet Cupcake's Photo Album
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Halloween 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Creative
Sweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Aw yes... this game have a trick..
I had all my levels with bonus and i just got 60000 like final score.. then i start to think...um... how they have so high score???

well.. i have noticed how... i will try to explain good.. is a hard way but is the only i think...

In the first levels you need make this fast and get the bonus,but when the level have butterflies with 2 colors..
you have to paint just one color, then you get for that 10 points for each butterfly,also will appears the ice, then take this each time
there you have 50 points extra, the trick is lost the bonus and spent all the time doing this (DONT FINISH THE LEVEL UNTIL YOU GET THE POINTS THAT YOU NEED PER LEVEL).. paint just the half of each butterfly and get the ice
each time, while the time spent you will earning much points, i was doing between 2000-6000 points (with the trick )for each level for get my score..

when appears the ballon with all the colors get this but dont use, bc if you use this, you will paint the butterfly in 1 time and you will get 60 points
but if you paint the butterfly in 2 times, you got 70 points.

in the level 27 you have that play fast bc you cant get ice there, so dont have sence spent time.

I played like 1 hour for get this score..

I hope that you understand me.. idk how explain this perfect, but this work, im on the leaderboard thanks to this..
late when i have time i will post snaps for explain better if someone dont understad me..

Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I did what Cupcake said and got the trophy.
Each level gives you 10 minutes so play almost to that time.
Just keep hitting the ice cubes and painting half the butterflies,
it will take you at least an hour if not more to play all the way through.
Twilight was lucky enough to make the leaderboard today with this trick.

~Twi
Old 07-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Mmmmm...vanilla!!
vanillabug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Winner's Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 

vanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queen
Ah, ok! What you're saying is don't worry about the bonus for time, just paint as many as you can in the time you are given. Once you are close to the number you need to paint to complete the level, just paint half of the butterfly to get extra points. Is that right?

Also, take the ice as often as you can, and take the paint bubble but don't use it.

Thank you, thank you, Cups and Twi! I'm going to give this a go! Wish me luck...I'm going to need it, hahaha!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Getting to Know You
View Julie Dazzleshimmer's Photo Album
Julie Dazzleshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ July the 4th Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: QuiteMad
Julie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent
I always use the "ice cube trick" to get myself on the leaderboard for Butterfly Painter. It's so simple but it takes like FOREVEEER, I mean it! I think I'm just going to wait til Saturday to get the trophy. Good luck getting on the leaderboard!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Founding Fairy
View Heather Cedarspeck's Photo Album
Heather Cedarspeck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 

My Mood: Chocoholic
Heather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magic
Light Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
I'm sorry Cups... I think I may need to see pictures. My highest has been 58,370 lately.

Here is Butterfly Painter up on the WIKI that might help a few.

Good luck to everyone! I know you all are trying your best.
And, congrats to all the talented Fairies that got their trophies!!!

|| Pixie Hollow Online Wiki || Siggy made by Stormy. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Baking cookies for Pluma
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Halloween 2014 Award 

Sweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magic
You are welcome friends!
I could not start a post for explain bc i'm a little busy right now..

@Heather I will post the snaps later ( i need finish something first )

Old 07-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Founding Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 

Heather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magic
Don't worry, Cups! Take your time. No need to rush. I think I somewhat understand. I think I'll give it a try.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:21 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Heather the best way to explain it is.

when you get to the butterflies that take two colors only color half of them
for 10 points each, and always click the ice cube for 50 points. When the color swirls
comes up click but do not use it because it will color the whole butterfly at once.
You get 10 minutes for each level go almost to the end before you finish painting
all of the butterflies needed for that level. Try to save the colored pot that colors
all of the butterflies for the last moment for extra points.
Hope that helps.
~Twi
Old 07-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Founding Fairy
Awards Showcase

Ooooh, okay. After the time bonus runs out, you have 10 extra minutes to complete the level. Clever...

Old 07-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Baking cookies for Pluma
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thanks Twi for explain this better
English no is my language.. so idk how explain this good, i'm sorry
I'm gonna take the snaps for complete the help

I will explain a little better the steps.

In the first levels you need make this fast and get the bonus..

when the level have butterflies with 2 colors you have to paint just one color (the half) then you get for that 10 points for each butterfly

After will appears the ice and power up*, then take this each time
there you have 50 points extra..

The trick is lost the bonus and spent all the time doing this.. paint just the half of each butterfly and get the ice and power up* each time, while the time spent you will earning much points, i was doing betewen 2000-6000 points (with the trick )for each level for get my score..

Click the image to view the full version

The ice and the power up give you 50 points

Ice

(wiki pic)

Power Up

*(take the power up but dont use this!)
(wiki pic) if you use this, you will paint the butterfly in 1 time and you will get 60 points, but if you paint the butterfly in 2 times, you got 70 points.

Wave Paint Ball
use this in the last moment for finish the level and use this when you have the most of the butterflies without paint.
(wiki pic)

In the level 27 you have that play fast bc you cant get ice there, so dont have sence spent time.

You have 10 minutes for finish the level, you can do the trick before this time is over.. but if time is running out you can repeat the level again and you wont lose points

I hope that this help

Last edited by Sweet Cupcake; 07-19-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: adding snap
Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Founding Fairy
Awards Showcase

So far, I have done this for one level, and I must say doing it this way is VERY relaxing. I don't have to be in so much of a hurry to get the bonus. I kind of like doing it this way.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:41 PM
"You're a fai-"—"I know!"
View Cornflower's Photo Album
Cornflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Thanksgiving Award EKB Meme Award Trick or Treat Award Halloween 2014 Award If Staff Were Silly Sweets Participant Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award 

My Mood: Bahahaha
Cornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
Heather the best way to explain it is.

when you get to the butterflies that take two colors only color half of them
for 10 points each, and always click the ice cube for 50 points. When the color swirls
comes up click but do not use it because it will color the whole butterfly at once.
You get 10 minutes for each level go almost to the end before you finish painting
all of the butterflies needed for that level. Try to save the colored pot that colors
all of the butterflies for the last moment for extra points.
Hope that helps.
~Twi
Thank you for making it clear. I'll try my luck to get that Trophy!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Mmmmm...vanilla!!
vanillabug's Fairy
Awards Showcase

So far I have 53,290 points and I just completed level 16. This definitely works! If you plan on playing using this strategy, make sure you have lots of free time. So far, I've been playing like 80 minutes.

Thanks again to Cups and Twi for the pointers!!!

EDIT: Level 17 DOES NOT have any butterflies that require two shots of paint. Play this level quickly to get the bonus!

2ND EDIT: I completed level 23 with a little over 75,000 points and then quit the game as it was enough to be on the leaderboard! Thanks again for all the help!!

Last edited by vanillabug; 07-20-2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: added edit
Old 07-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Baking cookies for Pluma
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Congrats Vanillabug!!
woot woot!!! you did! you did!!!