PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Pixie Events and Parties > The Lapsed Haps

The Lapsed Haps Belated Events

Old Fashion Spotlight Information Thread

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:44 PM
"You're a fai-"—"I know!"
View Cornflower's Photo Album
Cornflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Thanksgiving Award EKB Meme Award Trick or Treat Award Halloween 2014 Award If Staff Were Silly Sweets Participant Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Bahahaha
Cornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Fashion Spotlight Information Thread

We all know of the Fashion Spotlight. A difficult and laggy event once every month. But I have noticed lots of fairies do not understand the spotlight. So I have created this helpful information guide/thread, what you wish to call it, to help fairies who don't understand the spotlight. I see many fairies calling regular Pixie Hollow events spotlights, which making these mistakes can waste lots of ingredients and time.

Marina will say a theme in the never news. It might be only in one article or two, or more. Keep an eye on what the Never Council posts, their now doing themes for the spotlights, and you want to follow them for a good chance of getting in.

Now that you know the theme, it is time to make your outfit! (I made a section about that) Once you've complete your outfit, make sure it follows the theme. Doing them earlier means that you will be able to edit, and make more than one outfit if you would like to choose between them. Switching pieces and playing with colors is OK, but I would be careful though, you don't want to scratch your entire outfit 10 minutes, or 5, before the spotlight. That's not much time to select, edit, and dye.

You can either find the time of the spotlight before or after you make your look, I suggest before, thought!
You can find the time of the spotlight on the Event Calender (Don't forget the servers and meadow) or ask a fairy friend for help.

Edit:
tinker406TWO added:
You must stay in your outfit 2 hours (or any time limit said in the Never News) You don't have to be on Pixie Hollow but just stay in your outfit

After the spotlight, your only option is to wait for the results of who got in. They normally post the article of the winning fairies on next Thursday or on Tuesday, depends if they need to post something on Thursday that is not Fashion Spotlight related.

When you win, you will win the Fashion Spotlight badge and almost all the players who play the game will see your pixie and her/his outfit in the Never News.

1: Find the Theme
2: Find the Time, Servers, Meadow, etc...
3: Create your outfit.
4: Find Marina
5: Do what you need to do to have her see you
6: Wait for the results of which fairies won.
7: Look in the winners for your fairy!

I often see fairies flying to Pixie Hollow's regular events saying ''This is my first spotlight.'' ''I hope I get into the spotlight!'' or any other spotlight-relates questions. Like I pointed out earlier, always check the Event Calender for times.

Lyria's Stories
These are certainly not spotlights! Don't assume they are, the only way for it to be a spotlight was if the Never Council said so in a E-mail response or in a news article. If it was a spotlight it would say so on the Event Calender. Also Tink's Comedy show that goes on in April, it's just like a Lyria story but with jokes and probably no Lyria.

Meet-and-Greets with Famous Fairies
A famous fairy might pop up at a spotlight. But you do need to know, though, is that when famous fairies come, they are just regular visits, unless the Never Council does a twist or such. They'd only say so in the news, and Fashion Spotlights have Marina. Fashion Spotlights are only once a month
(unless the NC changes that) so please keep that in mind.

Minister Visits
Ministers come to welcome the arrival of a new series, and they bring a special gift inspired by the new season that came for it's turn. They give gifts, clothing and furniture, not places in spotlights.

And Other
And whatever events are hosted! If it says Fashion Spotlight, and some servers, a meadow, and a time, it's sure to be the REAL fashion spotlight!

One time during a Spotlight Marina said ''NO silly sweets!'' Silly sweets can really lag you and other pixies up. Marina often has to log off because of lag, and silly sweets are one of the causes, if other fairies are shouting ''NO SWEETS MARINA SAID SO!'' then it would be best to follow along in not doing sweets. By no sweets marina means none at all. Even little glowworms can cause lag. So make sure Marina lets Silly Sweets pass before doing any.

Yay! The fun part. This is to tell you the outfit types that Marina chooses.

You might not be able to see the pictures. Maybe they haven't passed moderation, or you might not be able to see them because you are not logged in to PHF. Or it's probably some other issue, but the images are to make the thread a little easier to follow, so they were optional in my making of this thread.Is that incorrect? That you need to be logged in to the forum in order to see the images? I was once viewing a thread with pictures not logged in, and I thought ''Hey, were is the images?''
Please remember that the outfit demonstrated in the pictures is an example. It does not need these particular colors, theme, and pieces. I just made a random outfit for this thread.

Mixing and Matching old pieces with new is great for the spotlight. The more new pieces you work into your outfit, the better chances of you getting in. I decided to use all-new pieces from the new collections instead of mixing with old for this example outfit. Just because I did so in these images doesn't mean you have to, too. Mixing and matching is needed for getting in, by just putting on a new outfit does not randomly get you a spot in the spotlight!

Now we have our outfit so far. I've selected the pieces for my look.

I flew to Daisy's Dyes and dyed my pieces the colors I wanted too. These aren't season colors, I am not so sure if season colors help you count toward getting in.

You don't have to change your hair, but you can always change it to match the outfit better. While changing your hair and editing your outfit, I suggest changing into something else, we don't want copycats copying your look!

All we have to do now is fly to the meadow, go into the right server, make sure we're on time, and now let's see if we can get in the spotlight!

Thank you for reading this, but I would like to share FAIRY important information for when entering fairies in:

It is one fashion-spotlight win per fairy, not account. If you get in on one fairy, she/he cannot get in again, but your other fairies can get in once per each, too.

Mods, move if needed. I couldn't find a place for this.

Last edited by Cornflower; 08-10-2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: tinker406TWO mentioned something that I forgot to add
Old 08-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Wow, this is really helpful. Thank you so much, Cornflower. With this, anyone who fail to win the spotlight can try to win it.

~Alyce
Old 08-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Here is something I want to add:
You must stay in your outfit 2 hours (or any time limit said in the Never News) You don't have to be on Pixie Hollow but just stay in your outfit
Old 08-10-2013, 05:07 PM
"You're a fai-"—"I know!"
View Cornflower's Photo Album
Cornflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Thanksgiving Award EKB Meme Award Trick or Treat Award Halloween 2014 Award If Staff Were Silly Sweets Participant Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Bahahaha
Cornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Thanks for pointing that out tinker406TWO! I added what you wanted added to the thread. I forgot about that part of the spotlight.