PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars

Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars Movie Production, Artwork, Animations, Sounds and other creative things to do with Pixie Hollow and Disney.

Old PH Dress-Up Game Project **PDFs & helpers needed!**

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-29-2014, 05:07 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Thanks! I jotted down the names of the PDFs for the three outfits. I've already downloaded all the files that you've shared so I managed to find those 3 PDFs on my computer.
Those SVG files are impressive! It must be a really handy format that can be used for an online game. I couldn't open them directly in Adobe Flash Player for some reason, but they can be opened in GIMP. If you have GIMP Rachel, you can drag & drop each file onto the canvas and export it as a PNG file. You can even change the Resolution when importing the SVG and it will keep its good quality! *sigh* I wish I knew how to work with vectors, then I would have fewer problems with converting from bitmap.
I'll be sure to add credits somewhere in the Flash file to thank FairyABC and all the volunteers who helped.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 08-29-2014, 02:48 PM
Is The Best ♥
View Rach1214's Photo Album
Rach1214's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Summertime Award Summer 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award St. Patrick Day 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Leap Year 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood: InCharge
Rach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Light Talent Water Talent
I converted all in png!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0mnza8j4e...lHQZrgKFa?dl=0
Old 08-30-2014, 06:03 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Awesome! It must have taken a while. The images are a little small for me to use, but I'll use them for reference to check which files I would need for the dress-up game.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Is The Best ♥
Rach1214's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Summertime Award Summer 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award St. Patrick Day 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Leap Year 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 

Rach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Hey Onionleaf,
Any update on the site so far?
Old 09-20-2014, 08:08 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I'd love to say "yes!" but not yet, I'm afraid. I need to give myself a pep talk to get myself moving with this project. "Get it together, Onion! Set up a schedule, write it on your hand... sleep less!"
The main problem is that I need to find several spare hours in a day as the file takes a while both to load and edit so I want to get as much work done in one sitting as possible. I can't promise much for next week since I have a test, and an assignment, and catch-up work to do, and concert rehearsals, and But thank you for your interest, I wouldn't be doing this without the encouragement!

Old 09-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Lemon Queen
View Lemonyfairy44's Photo Album
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter Treat Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award 

My Mood: Annoyed
Lemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the Queen
Garden Talent
Heart

This is extremely impressive Especially since you found all those colors and even made a team thank you I will have to try this sometime
Old 10-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Is The Best ♥
Rach1214's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Onionleaf, what is the progress, ATM?
Old 10-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Lemon Queen
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter Treat Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award 

Lemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the Queen
Garden Talent
A project cool what is it going to be OnionLeaf?
Old 10-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Funny you should ask, since I started tinkering around with the code yesterday. I've decided to reorganise the project and divide it into several SWF files, so that I can work on one part without having to load the whole project to do so. It will look more like a tree with a trunk and branches. But it also means that I have to figure out how the new code works. It's always a challenge since I have hardly any background in programming. It took the whole day today but I've figured out a huge chunk of it. There are a few more things I need to fix and once I'm done with this I'll finish adding the Tops. *sigh* The more I add, the more challenging it becomes. I can't even imagine how much time is spent on creating a whole virtual world!

Lemony, this is going to be a fairy dress-up game with all of the outfits from Pixie Hollow. At least, that is the final outcome. I'll try and get as much of it done this year as I can - wings crossed!

Old 10-23-2014, 01:13 PM
Lemon Queen
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Garden Talent
Wow that is really amazing go Onionleaf and thank you

Last edited by Onionleaf; 10-24-2014 at 10:19 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:18 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Hey Onion! How's the project going?
I'm here to help if you need any!
Also, what program did you use to create this? Adobe?
Old 11-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Hiya Jenny. Sorry, I've just had my last exam of the year on Wednesday so it's been a busy couple of weeks for me. But, it also means that I'm on summer break, so I really am hoping to start catching up on my to-do list for this project. Thank you for letting me know that you can help, I can't think of any urgent task at the moment, but send me a PM if you have any preferences, otherwise I'll get back to you once I sort out all my notes and figure out what needs to be done.

Yes, I use Adobe Flash for this project. It uses ActionScript 3 as the coding language. I've never delved into programming prior to starting this project so it takes me a while to put all my ideas "into action". If you're interested in learning how to use the program, I can give you links to the tutorials that I learnt from, and might even be able to answer some basic questions.

If you or anyone else has dabbled in the works of Adobe Flash, let me know as I'm sure I'll be able to find some work for you.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:45 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

A long-awaited update

I've been busy these past few days finishing off a bunch of things for this update. It must have been ages since the last time I've posted a real update, so I'm sorry if I repeat something that I've mentioned last time.
So, without further ado, I present.. the notes!

Update Info:
  • The Working List on this thread has been updated
  • Items Completed = Around 100 Tops!
  • Library Names: All files finally organised.
  • Items Added (including the Buttons) = The same 100 Tops

Fixes:
  • Leaf Topper Boots no longer overlap each other.
  • The Wings and dye bottles are now properly transparent and smoothed.
  • Some other semi-transparent wardrobe items are now also in better quality.
  • Removed unnecessary arrows for the Anklets menu.
  • The Primary/Secondary dye option no longer jumps back to the default setting.
  • Fixed the order of layers on the fairy. (Tops go above the Bottoms, I know that...)

Extra Additions: Please Read
  • Huge change! I divided each clothing category into separate SWF files so that I won't have one large file to open and save every time.
    Also, since the file is becoming rather large, I'm giving you the ZIP folder with all the files. The folder contains all the files that you need for the game to work.
    Be sure not to change anything or move anything around, otherwise the game won't work! If you are having trouble, let me know.
    How to Open the game: Extract the folder out of the ZIP, locate the HTML file in the folder titled "Pixie Hollow Dress-Up Game", double-click it and the game should open in your preferred web browser.
    (Remember that you're not actually downloading anything off the web, all the files needed are located in the downloaded folder )
Other Changes (relevant to the change above):
  • Added a Loading page so you can see the progress of the files.
  • Added the rest of the missing menus. They are mostly empty at the moment, but don't be discouraged by this.
  • Changed the code to have the MP3 file be external.

Click here to Download the ZIP (35MB)

So there you have it. Please have a go and post any bugs or if anything could have been done better. I have a long list of ideas that I'd love to add, but all in due time of course. Even so, you might notice something that I haven't thought of before, so do share anything that you might have in mind.

Next step? I'd like to add all the items that are currently finished but haven't been added to the game yet. I can't predict how long it will take, though.

Help Wanted:
I try not to think about how much work is required to finish all of this in total, but sometimes it does frighten me. Hopefully I can get a lot of things done during these holidays, and help is always welcome.

Here's a list of jobs that would be most helpful at the moment:
Testers/Sharing Ideas: Yep, just trying out the game will help. You might notice a problem that I missed!
Cropping: Sure it might take a while, but it is a very simple procedure. Whenever I'm editing items, what I do is turn on an audio book and that keeps my mind entertained while my hands to the work.
Quality Checker: If you look closely at some of the items in the game, where there should be a white color or semi-transparent area, instead there is an unimpressive grey. (For example, the Fanfare Top) I think I've figured out a way to fix this, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. If someone could give me a list of the items that need fixing, that would be great.
Programming: I have a task in mind that would be most helpful, if anyone would like to try their hand with Adobe Flash. It should be quite simple and repetitive, that's why it would save me a lot of time if someone else could work on it.

Erm... that should be it for now. Please enjoy the updated content, and apologies for the amount of time that this project is taking. I understand that it's not too fun at the moment, what with the lack of options, but I am really hoping to add more items to the game as soon as possible. Wings crossed!

Old 11-23-2014, 05:52 PM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
If you're interested in learning how to use the program, I can give you links to the tutorials that I learnt from, and might even be able to answer some basic questions.
I personally am very interested in learning to code even though it's difficult. You've already given me a very helpful link, but if you have anymore links to share I'd love to see them. Every little bit helps!
Old 11-24-2014, 07:57 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I'm glad to hear that you find coding to be an interesting challenge, Neverbelle, I feel the same way about it. I don't have any new links at the moment (well, maybe one), but what I usually do is search on Google using key words for what I want the code to do. Once I figure out the basics of what I need, I search it up using the correct programming terms (for example, "how to call function in child movieclip from parent"). Or if you test the movie and it throws back an error message at you, you can search the Error message number to find out what it means (eg. "as3 error 1009"). Often I find the answer on Stack Overflow, or sometimes a forum thread or tutorial explain it better.

When I first started, I already had a picture in mind of what I wanted to create (a dress-up game with menus, items that change color, with a save option, etc.) and I've noticed that it's much easier to learn the code when you use it for a particular purpose. So if you already have a project in mind that you'd like to do, I would suggest to just dive right into it. If it's something complicated, then I would suggest keeping the code in separate ActionScript files (called Classes), although I personally haven't been able to figure it out for myself yet.

If you're thinking of making a Flash game, I have a (long) tutorial that I've used for some things already. Now, I've been quite naughty by adding almost all of my code straight onto the Stage, but if you can wrap your head around Classes, I would highly suggest using them instead.

Good luck with your coding! If I can figure it out, then I'm sure that you can too.