PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Virtual Items

Virtual Items Talk about the things you get in the game.

Old Stolen Dress?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Is a Pixie
View ariendragon's Photo Album
ariendragon's Fairy
ariendragon has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Same Dress?

I was browsing some lovely reinterpretations of the Disney princesses, when I came across this piece by Claire Hummel:

(Linked from a different site because it would not accept the address).

Which looks an awful lot like the Lovely Lily Pad Dress that was just in the shops a while back:

Was this dress part of a designing contest? If it was in the Never News, I can't remember it >_>

Last edited by Onionleaf; 07-04-2013 at 01:00 AM. Reason: advertising
Old 07-03-2013, 11:35 PM
is Charlotte "Lemonberry"
View silverbell17's Photo Album
silverbell17's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Curious
silverbell17 has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Light Talent Water Talent
Shocked Hmmm..

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't in the Never News.
But I don't know why they would "copy" or "steal" the dress.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Gaming
Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
Maybe they liked the design and asked the artist if they could use it? I remember a similar thread being posted like a year ago or something...
Old 07-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Is a Pixie
ariendragon's Fairy
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw View Post
Maybe they liked the design and asked the artist if they could use it? I remember a similar thread being posted like a year ago or something...
I'm hoping that's the case
Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 PM
hi!
View RosesOfScarlet's Photo Album
RosesOfScarlet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Happy
RosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
I have a feeling (just a thought), that maybe the Lily Pad Dress came out and then they artist of the drawing (who is on Pixie Hollow possibly) wanted to draw someone in that outfit? I could be wrong though.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Is a Pixie
ariendragon's Fairy
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosesOfScarlet View Post
I have a feeling (just a thought), that maybe the Lily Pad Dress came out and then they artist of the drawing (who is on Pixie Hollow possibly) wanted to draw someone in that outfit? I could be wrong though.
That would be nice, but Claire posted her drawing in 2011 :/
Old 07-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Wishful
glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Confused

Wow. Now I wanna go and ask the NC why the outfit in the shop looks a lot like that picture.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Definitely does look like it was Claire's dress. She did a fabulous job, I hope the NC gave her some credit!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Is a Pixie
View Tanglethorn's Photo Album
Tanglethorn's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer Solstice Award 2017 Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 End of the Rainbow Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Autumn 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 50

Tanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A list
Tinker Talent Water Talent Light Talent
I think it is an issue of copyright-- technically Disney owns Tiana but neither the drawing or the PH outfit are exact copies of the original character or drawing. So just as the artist can draw an interpretation of a character, Disney can use an interpretation of that drawing and ultimately because it is Disney "property" they are allowed to use the likeness. (ie the artist could not sue Disney for using their design because the artist first used Disney's character.)

Last edited by Tanglethorn; 07-04-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:47 AM
The Quenchiest
View CactusJuicy's Photo Album
CactusJuicy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Asleep
CactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I am kinda sad to see that as I remember seeing a couple other outfits that seemed like they had to have been based on some reinterpretations of Disney princesses. Perhaps Disney thinks that since they own the characters they own all interpretations? I hope they got the artists' permission :/

But I have also seen items based on designs from old contests that weren't winners. Someone (might have been the artist themselves but I kinda doubt it) may have submitted it for a design contest, but it didn't fit the theme and they didn't get it posted in the news? Anything submitted to the fan art section or contests can be legally used by Disney (if it had been submitted by the original artist), so perhaps it was a misunderstanding. Though that is kinda stretching my imagination a bit.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:00 AM
hi!
View RosesOfScarlet's Photo Album
RosesOfScarlet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Happy
RosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
Oh, well I guess my thought was wrong then I don't know why then.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:09 AM
Is a Pixie
View InSpirit's Photo Album
InSpirit's Fairy
InSpirit has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglethorn View Post
I think it is an issue of copyright-- technically Disney owns Tiana but neither the drawing or the PH outfit are exact copies of the orignal character or drawing. So just as the artist can draw an interpretation of a character, Disney can use an interpretation of that drawing and ultimately because it is Disney "property" they are allowed to use the likeness. (ie the artist could not sue Disney for using their design because the artist first used Disney's character.)
It would kind of put the artist and disney on equal footing, but I hope they at least offered to give her a free membership or something. They might of also thought they were giving a shout out to the artist by putting up a dress based off of her design. Isn't there a saying? "Imitation is the highest for of flattery?"
Old 07-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Wishful
glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
If I drew a picturing then posted it online and I found out that PH copied it then I would go right to the NC and ask them why they copied my design and then ask if I could at least have credit for the design. Cause it would be my design! Actually, I might just write that the design was copyrighted by me. Then PH couldn't be able to copy it at all! Lol.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Pixie Hollow would never stole a dress, maybe they just copy it. I'm appreciate of pixie hollow hard work, the clothes is so similar with the real.

~Alyce

Happy Independence Day
Signature by Me
Old 07-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Is a Pixie
ariendragon's Fairy
Water Talent
I asked the artist if she worked for Disney; she said no. Now I've asked her if she submitted the drawing to a contest and showed her the Lovely Lily Pad Dress as it appeared in the shops. Waiting for a reply.