PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Pixie Screenshots > Scrapbooked

Scrapbooked Archive forum for screenshots

Old Trouble with Screenshots

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Is getting a pony!! : D
View CatLoverFromMars's Photo Album
CatLoverFromMars's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'11 Award Summer 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Make A Wish Award Winter Solstice Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Musical
CatLoverFromMars has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Trouble with Screenshots

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to take a screenshot if Ctrl and Prnt Scrn don't work? Thanks!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:53 PM
aka Ginkgo♥
View Ginkgo's Photo Album
Ginkgo's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Klingon Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award Autumn 2011 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award EKB Day Award 
Total Awards: 35

My Mood: Amuzed
Ginkgo is a Fast FlyerGinkgo is a Fast FlyerGinkgo is a Fast FlyerGinkgo is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
yup prnt screen and v works not prnt screen and ctrl
ok?
btw i am there at that meeting place
Old 06-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Asleep at the keyboard...
View MelodyMoonriver's Photo Album
MelodyMoonriver's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Summer 2011 Award Patriot Pixie's 2010 Award Summer 2010 Award Spring 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Musical
MelodyMoonriver has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Water Talent Water Talent
Uh, I dunno if it will let me do the link here but I'll try...

Screenshot Program

Down there on the bottom right of that page is a link for Printscreen 4.4 It's a free little screenshot program that's saved me a mountain of hassles taking screenies. When you get it installed, (and it only takes a few seconds) you have to set it up.

This is how I have mine set up.

The F11 Hotkey was because I have yet to run into a program that uses F11 for anything else. After a day or two it becomes automatic to hit that for screenies. You can of course assign whatever key you like, just make sure it's not one you need for something. (For those of you who pirate too, do NOT assign any F key prior to F9, all are used in Pirates.)

It's easier on this to just get the entire screen at once, and crop later if necessary. Also, you really don't want the cursor box checked, cause nothing kills a great screenie like a cursor right in front of someone's face.

I copy to the clip board and file, just in case. (Never needed it from there but you never know.) For destination, feel free to choose your own. I just happen to find them much much easier to find if all the screenshots are in one folder named screen shots. Also, I have automatic naming on as you can see. I have this because it will number them in sequence for me. Without having to name them you can take screenshots as fast as you can press the button. I use this program daily in Pirates, and I kid you not more than once I've taken enough screenies in rapid fire sequence to make what could be a short movie. (Yes, really.) One epic day I took over 400 screenies in 30 minutes, with absolutely no lag at all. (Yup, it's just that good.)

I set it to JPEG simply because they are an easy format to work with. From there you can open it with paint, or GIMP, and just have at. Also, JPEG is an acceptable for almost all websites. So you could upload shots for your albums here with no problem.

Anyway, I'm hoping you guys like this little gem. It saves mountains of time and lost screenies. You never have to search for where they are. And you never have to loose that shot of you with a famous fairy again.

*Screenies pending approval