PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old I miss old Pixie hollow!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:27 AM
KTPHPA xoxo
View XRoseyGirlX's Photo Album
XRoseyGirlX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award Halloween 2015 Award Pixie Hollow Parody Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Quiet
XRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Rainfeather View Post
I read some (not all) of the posts on this thread. While I was not around when the "Old Pixie Hollow" was, my first fairy arrived late July of 2010. The Hollow has changed over the years. When I first started, everyone was pretty nice. I didn't see many goth people, but then again, I only had SpeedChat. I felt very content in my own little world, hosting parties, earning talent points, chatting (using SpeedChat) with other "Speed chatters." Then I created a new account, with Speed Chat plus. I realized how much bad stuff there was. There's been a lot more goth people flying around lately, or Fairies that use the fashions inappropriately to show more. But the thing that broke my heart the most was what happened to me today:
I noticed one of my friends was about to go offline, since she had to go. I clicked on her to say goodbye, when I looked at her profile. She originally had blue hair with pink highlights (cute right?!) and she always wore that simple yellow outfit, you know, the one you can get using codes. I won't share her name though, but I'll call her R. Anyways, I noticed she had dyed her hair black, and had red highlights (goth style...?). Her clothes were the witch outfit that had been available in the post office during the animal masquerade. R wasn't a member, but I realized that she was maybe trying to go goth. Here's our whisper conversation:
Me: Are you going goth?
R: trying to
Me: why?
R: because I want to fit in. People dont care
Me: So you think dying your hair black and putting black clothes on will make people like you more?
R: yeah
Me: (This is based off a quote I found in somebody's signature on here) "Everyone else is taken, you can only be YOU.
R: well g2g bye
She went offline. But her words made me terribly sad. People had been judging her since she wasn't a member, she didn't have the latest style, etc. From what I read on the posts, there weren't mean fairies. Look what this Hollow has become! This young girl is going GOTH to fit in and be popular! Doesn't this affect you the way it affected me?
~Lily Rainfeather
Dearest Lily,
It sounds like you really care for her! It breaks my heart to read that she thinks she has to change so she can "fit in" TRUE friends like YOU can help her see she's loved for who she is at heart. Keep doing what you do! (: While yes some consider Black, Red, Blue, and Purple to be goth, some wear it because they like to.
Rosey xoxo
Old 12-05-2012, 12:19 PM
BK
View Take_these_wings_22's Photo Album
Take_these_wings_22's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Get Connected Award  - Retired Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Pixieish
Take_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy TagTake_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Unhappy I miss the old PH!

Remember the days when ingredients were donated, no membership was required for cool stuff, and everything had some cool meaning to it? The badges were more beautiful, the outfits were more natural, the talents had so much unique things to them. But now, I feel like a teenager with wings.

Everything is modern, even the events have become to mainlandish. If I wanted cars, and pumpkin heads, and diamonds, I would go to the mainland for them. Pixie Hollow used to be the secret world of fairies, but now it's just a facebook viral teen trend. I always loved sparkly things (yes when I was younger I was very into fairies and pixie dust, guess I just loved sparkly stuff XD) including fairies and pixie dust, and when I found pixie hollow, I loved it. Playing it made me feel like a real fairy, my arrival day was so sweet and caring, and everyone was so nice. There were kind fairies who loved to lend a wing, and now if you even ask someone where they got an outfit, you'll get "IM NOT TELLING YOU -_-". The audience and the game itself has become horrible. My pros and cons comparing new and old PH:

Old PH Pros:
*Better Fairy Creation
*Fun for everyone, barely ANY mean fairies
*Freedom for all fairies, no division between the non-members or the members.
*Prettier items, and the shop keepers wore more natural clothing
*Even though the wilderness came out not too long ago, 2009 to be exact, more fun games and made specifically for your talent.
*3 Fairies FOR EVERY ACCOUNT
*Deleting fairies
*No Diamonds
*Prettier Homescreen, and no annoying video when you logged in
*While you were waiting to go to a different meadow, you saw your fairy flying
*The games had more magic, and fairy-ness to them
*The signs had no writing on them, just pictures. Besides, the writing is in english, and everyone knows fairies don't write in english, as they have they're own writing patterns.
*Cooler homes
*Personal Crafting for ALL fairies
*More starter items
*More custom arrival days (who wants the same exact arrival day for every pixie??!)
*The Great Games
*The events were more natural
*The badges were more challenging and had better meaning to them, not to mention their extreme beauty
*Better Customer Service
*Mainland items were rare, and looked as if they were found as lost things!
*Not scary halloweens, but animal masquerades to honor our dear animal friends helping us change the seasons.
*Clickables
*Seeing My Fairy At The home screen
*Non-members getting to throw parties
*People not throwing other people out of their home for no reason
*Better Quests
*Many more things that are just too much to list xD
Old PH Cons:
*No Pixie Dust Tree
*Less Space in your Home due to Homes being small
*Couldn't dye furniture or clothes
*Harder to gain tailoring patterns
*No Wilderness

New PH Pros:
*More Games
*Pixie Dust Tree
*Ballroom
*Fairy Coliseum
*Tinkerbell Arrival Day Dress (I guess.. O_O)
New PH Cons:
*Mean People
*Diamonds making people brag and beg
*Members or Diamonds only lock on about 90% of stuff
*Boring and rather annoying arrival day
*Shop Changes
*Dramatic Situations
*Dating
*Sparrow Men (the idea itself isn't really bad, just the way players use it)
*No beds or belly tops
*Modernized shopkeepers
*Modern items
*Boot from home button (like before, not a bad idea, just badly used)
*Bad customer service
*Bad use of the game

By my calculations, new ph has more cons then pros, and old ph has more pros then cons. Who else want's it back?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Miss you all <3
View Julie Sunripple's Photo Album
Julie Sunripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 65

My Mood: fairyish
Julie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I see your point. I'd like it back... but I've given up thinking the Never Council will change it. At this point there is just too much that has changed. Many newer fairies like the new PH and play it all the time... if it gets changed back they will lose those fairies that usually do pay a lot for membership or diamonds.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:55 PM
BK
View Take_these_wings_22's Photo Album
Take_these_wings_22's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Get Connected Award  - Retired Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Pixieish
Take_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy TagTake_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Let those few people complain than I guess. I am tired of all this, and if someone doesn't wanna stand the fact that the game needs to be fair and square for all fairies, then they can go away. This is meant to be fun for everyone, clean good fun, and if they think that thats not good enough for them, then they can go on an adult site. It's really annoying. This is pixie hollow, where a fairy is born from the happiness of a baby. A pure happy being that is giving life from happiness. Fairies aren't supposed to be born from two other fairies. This is wrong, and I want to make a big useful change in PH. I just am sad that nobody gets the point of "Treat others as you wish to be treated", I am sick of the NC not caring, and I'm sick of it being unfair. It used to be "Pixie Hollow, where you can become a fairy." Now it's "Pixie Hollow, a place where you can have payment thrown in your face and get treated like garbage by bullies."

Last edited by Jezzi; 12-05-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Inappropriate
Old 01-13-2013, 05:06 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
I miss it just as much as you guys do. Before I had Jenny, Sky, and Ella, I had Cherry Hollywillow, in '08. Then when the names changed in about '10 I made Jenny Hollybell and Lila Hollyshine. I miss Cherry very dearly and I would still have her if they didn't change the name list. I miss there not being an annoying garden sign. It gets in the way of decorating and how come everything is pixie diamonds? Soon, every shop in PH is going to sell items in pixie diamonds! - Has a nightmare - !!!! I miss Prism's Paints, Sunny's Shades and Colette's Colors. Inside Sunny's Shades is where I met my first every pixie best friend, Rill Wildspirit. It's quite sad how they took away all these memories. There is one last thing I remember. Me and my sister would flight over the computer just to get to Copper's Tinkering Nook to tinker patterns to unlock more. Why talent levels when that was so much fun?

~Jenny
Old 01-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rill Wildspirit's Photo Album
Rill Wildspirit's Fairy
Awards Showcase
National Cookie Day 2014 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Sad
Rill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
I also miss Sunny's Shades, Jenny. It was my regular dye shop because I liked spending sunflower seeds. I still keep trying to fly to that shop when I am ready to dye anything. They may have removed the store, but they can't take our happy memories away from us.
And I miss having new things to unlock in the crafting nooks, too. I never go in them anymore except for quests or seasonal, so I don't know when I will ever complete the badges.
That garden sign has annoyed me from the very beginning! I know they could do something about it if they gave it a little thought.
I still love Pixie Hollow, and many of the changes have been good (new meadows, games, gardens, larger homes). But so much of the original charm is gone. A lot of little things that have changed over time just make it less magical now. Well, we can still hope that these changes may be reversed someday.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 AM
is Helping Flowers Bloom
View Lilac Snowbloom's Photo Album
Lilac Snowbloom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pixie Resolution Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 16

My Mood: Thoughtful
Lilac Snowbloom is a wiz at Fairy TagLilac Snowbloom is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Sunripple View Post
I object to one of those. I think that that fact that they allow non members in the wilderness is great as long as they understand that they must have enough pixie dust to last the entire time.
I agree with you here. It can quite be frustrating when some fairies run out of pixie dust and are unable to refill it.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:31 AM
Flitterer
View stargazer80's Photo Album
stargazer80's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Sleepyy
stargazer80 is a talented Fairystargazer80 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac Snowbloom View Post
I agree with you here. It can quite be frustrating when some fairies run out of pixie dust and are unable to refill it.
My problem is when they refuse to refill it. They just sit there and ignore your request to eat cookies. If it is a lower level fairy and she has been helping I will eat a cupcake to help her our. If they are just being lazy I usually wait until they leave.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:44 AM
Remembering fun times...
View Bellflower Mistyvale's Photo Album
Bellflower Mistyvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: Baking
Bellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Water Talent
Reading through these posts really made me realize a lot of the things I had forgotten that used to be in the Hollow when I played a few years ago. I miss many of the same things and I am sad to a lot of them go. While I don't remember a lot of things, I do distinctly remember how Pixie Hollow made me feel when I would log in. It was magical and adventurous, and I absolutely LOVED how it was just so innocently fun! It was one of those rare places you could go to get away from a lot of the harshness of the world and just relax and have a good time with others. Please don't get me wrong, I DO still think that it has magic, but there are a lot of little things that others have mentioned that just made the Hollow that much more amazing.
- I don't fly to many of the busy servers except when there are famous fairies, so I don't see as many meanies as some of you have found. However, I used to love going into the busy servers to make new friends, and you used to be able to join in on these big fun conversations with a room full of fairies - it was a blast!
- The diamonds are something I like and don't like. It's a nice, fun thing for those who do spend actual money on memberships, but the prices are so crazy, and I'm not one of the ones willing to spend extra to buy the diamonds outside of the membership. For all the diamonds those QB dresses cost, we should at least get some room for creativity! I would love to be able to dye or buy individual pieces for that many diamonds!
- I, too, miss the creativity of the designers in the clothing and I miss how everything was really all nature-inspired, but I do also like some of the modern clothing that they put out.
- I remember feeling like I always used to have stuff to do, but now I find I get quite bored.
- I created a new fairy on a new account to see what it was like for a new fairy, and MY GOODNESS! Not a single clothing option at all (except of course for the very little you can get with a few diamonds after leveling a lot). My home came with a table, lamp, and a vase with no way to get more things except save or buy diamonds for them. My leaf journal was filled with page after page after page of badges that I could never earn unless I was a member. I remember getting so many things and badges when I was not a member way back when! It must be very discouraging for those who cannot afford memberships/diamonds.
I understand that things may never "go back to the way they were," but what I hope for is more improvements in the future to make that spark I once had for the game come back again.