PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old "The Trouble With Tink" Discussion

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Tinker Fairy
View FairiesFan93's Photo Album
FairiesFan93's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Word Search Winners Award Spring 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Smiley Story Award 2015 Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Penguin Awareness Day 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: Adventurous
FairiesFan93 is a Fast FlyerFairiesFan93 is a Fast FlyerFairiesFan93 is a Fast Flyer
Tinker Talent
"The Trouble With Tink" Discussion

I thought it'd be a neat idea to discuss the Fairies books starting with the first one, The Trouble With Tink! We can have nice discussions on characters in the book, favorite moment/quote, and just general feelings on the novel. I haven't started it yet, still need to finish Fairy Dust And The Quest For The Egg, but when I do I will be posting my thoughts!

Think it's just a good way to get this part of the forums more lively, and maybe every 2-3 weeks start another thread for the next Fairies book!
Old 12-11-2014, 02:51 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Post Was that the first softcover Disney Fairies book?

Did this book come out first of the paperback "not-Gail-Carson-Levine" pixie hollow books?

Stormy Lightningberry

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 12-11-2014, 03:57 AM
Lemon Queen
View Lemonyfairy44's Photo Album
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter Treat Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood: Annoyed
Lemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the Queen
Garden Talent
I have heard of the books but I don't think I have seen them before.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:06 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry View Post
Did this book come out first of the paperback "not-Gail-Carson-Levine" pixie hollow books?

Stormy Lightningberry
Yes, it was the first of four: The Trouble with Tink, Lily's Pesky Plant, Beck and the Great Berry Battle, and Vidia and the Fairy Crown.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Tinker Fairy
FairiesFan93's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Word Search Winners Award Spring 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Smiley Story Award 2015 Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Penguin Awareness Day 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award 

FairiesFan93 is a Fast FlyerFairiesFan93 is a Fast FlyerFairiesFan93 is a Fast Flyer
Tinker Talent
Finished a Fairy Dust And The Quest For The Egg last night (very good, getting the next 2 books as an Xmas gift), and am now starting Trouble With Tink tonight! I'll post my thoughts on the first few chapters!

**EDIT**

Finished chapter 1, and I'm loving it already! Love the introduction to Tinker Bell trying to fix Violet's pot for dyeing day, setting up the usual tinker fairy and her love of fixing things. And it's great to see Terence come in, since I loved their interaction with each other in Tinker Bell And The Lost Treasure. I just feel somewhat bad for Terence, how he cares deeply for Tink, yet she doesn't give him the time of day at times, even debating in her head if she should start hammering while he's talking. She likes talking to him, but loves tinkering more.

Loved the explanation and introduction of Fairy Tag, and how it differs from Clumsy/Human tag. Very unique in that each talent has to tag one of the other talents with their talents. Loved how the tinker fairies were making catapults out of pots and trying to throw the water balls back at the water fairies. Also liked the water fairies' strategies of getting the others' wings wet to slow them down. And then the dust keepers are it, and it knew Terence would go right for Tink! Funny how he used pixie dust to close up the branches and trap and tag her!

But then enter a hawk! I felt like I was there and could feel the fear the fairies have when a hawk is spotted, and how dangerous they are to fary kind. Also love hearing about the scout talent fairies, and want to know more of them, which is coming true, Timker Bell And The Legend Of The Never Beast, with Nyx and her other scout fairies. This little event led to the end of Fairy Tag (I could read about it all day really!), and the revelation of Tink's hammer missing! Very anxious to see what happened to it. What's a tinker fairy without their hammer?

More to come with chapter 2!

Last edited by Onionleaf; 12-13-2014 at 08:04 AM. Reason: word filter
Old 12-13-2014, 08:20 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
I remember this was the very first Disney Fairies book that I read. It was a while ago so I don't remember the details except that I enjoyed it. It's even more interesting for owners of tinker fairies to read, you get to immerse into their work a little bit.
I agree, Fairy Tag sounded very interesting! When the game was still open, we could fantasise about what new features could be released and the books had heaps of ideas for it. Fairy Tag was definitely one of those ideas that we would have liked to see in the game.

I didn't know there were different authors writing these books, you can't even tell the difference if you don't know about it in advance.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 12-13-2014, 05:08 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Haha, I remember reading this series a while back... I'm with you, Corey and Onionleaf, I've always liked the idea of Fairy Tag! It seemed like such a fun game, and I'd hoped that it would be added to Pixie Hollow too. Maybe we could've use our Talent Skills from the Wilderness in the game?

I don't remember this book too clearly, but I know I really liked Tink and Terence's friendship in this. He was a really supportive friend to her, and helped her face something that she'd been afraid of for a really long time... Don't want to give anything away, Corey, but I think you'll enjoy it. It's true that Tink doesn't seem to give Terence the time of day at the beginning, but as the book goes on, she really starts to appreciate him more.

It's been a long time since I read these books, they're a bit too easy for my reading level now. But it's still a fun and enjoyable series, and I hope you end up liking it.

Sig made by the amazing Ruby (Book Thing)!

Old 12-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Tinker Fairy
FairiesFan93's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Tinker Talent
Thanks for the info! While they are a little below my reading level, I'll still pace it so I don't finish it in one sitting, which is easily could. I'll be reading chapter 2 tonight, so I'll post my thoughts then!

Chapter 2 thoughts:

A quick chapter that had me feeling sad for Tink losing her hammer. I kept thinking "why doesn't she just get another?", until it said it wasn't easy, as things in the fairy kingdom are made only once, since the mining-talent fairies need the full moon which is a while away, and it's really interesting how they work. Another reason I love the Fairies franchise. It has a deep lore, which I love, and Pixie Hollow just feels so real and lived in.

But then Tink remembers she has another hammer, but this one she left at Peter Pan's home. I feel really bad for Tink, and how disregarded she feels by Peter after he brought "the Wendy" to Never Land, and you can just tell these memories hurt her. Now, I'm a huge fan of the Fairies, but I have never seen Peter Pan. Shocking, yes, and maybe some say I will, so I don't know how Peter and Tink acted with each other in the movie, but from the books it seems like she was really close to him. Again, I felt sorry for Tink when she just admits defeat and sits on a flower looking up at the silver moon, and just says she doesn't need one. Guess she really doesn't wanna see Peter.

Love the set up that's occurring, and loving where this story is going! Chapter 3 thoughts coming soon!

Chapter 3 thoughts:

I like how it picks up the next day with Tink trying to make a new hammer from a pebble from a cave Peter used for skipping stones. Although, of course, the hammer doesn't turn out so well in that it just ruins the pot for Violet even more, causing multiple holes to spew out water when she's demonstrating the pot to Terence and Violet. Love how Tink tries to be sneaky/hide things, like in Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure when Clank and Bobble come to her home to see if she wants to join in on Fairy Tale Theater and she tries to hide the broken moonstone.

Also love how Terence brought her a very twisted ladle to fix. Reminds me of when I'm playing the first Tinker Bell DS game and fairies around Pixie Hollow ask you to repair things for them. Shows how busy Tink always is, and it's sad to see her not being able to fix things and not being good at her talent, which means she's not really talented at all, or so she thinks.

Thoughts on chapter 4 coming soon!

Last edited by Book Thing; 12-20-2014 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Merged multiple posts
Old 12-19-2014, 09:59 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 

StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Wink Early chapters The Trouble With Think

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairiesFan93 View Post
Finished chapter 1
But then enter a hawk! I felt like I was there and could feel the fear the fairies have when a hawk is spotted, and how dangerous they are to fary kind. Also love hearing about the scout talent fairies, and want to know more of them, which is coming true, Timker Bell And The Legend Of The Never Beast, with Nyx and her other scout fairies.

More to come with chapter 2!
There's a Disney Fairies chapter book all about one of the scout talent fairies. It's titled "Myka Finds Her Way" and it's by Gail Herman.

Quote:
Chapter 2 thoughts:
Now, I'm a huge fan of the Fairies, but I have never seen Peter Pan. Shocking, yes, and maybe some say I will, so I don't know how Peter and Tink acted with each other in the movie, but from the books it seems like she was really close to him.
Yes they were close. But Peter is as big as a clumsy, and Peter is too wild to be a reliable friend. Terrence is a better match for Tink.

Your reviews got me to want to read the story, "The Trouble with Tink." I've never read it.

How are the pictures in the chapter book? I'm listening to the audiobook instead of reading it.

Chapter 1.

I liked how Think tugs on her bangs when she's trying to solve a problem. I was surprised at the first appearance of Terrence. He's described as casting a shadow over Tink's work, blocking out the sun, and filling the doorway. It made him seem ominous or even dangerous.

Fairy tag was great. I noticed that when they tag they say "Choose you," instead of "You're it" like clumsies would say. I think there was a "Choose you" phrase in the pre-beta version of Disney Fairies Online, and it never made sense to me why that had that phrase until now.

Chapter 2.

The author says that Tink's hammer is metal, and its shiny reflection is important for what happens to the hammer. But I thought that the symbol of Tinker Talents was a wooden handle hammer with the shaped-stone head. So in the movies are there metal hammers used by tinker talents?

This book talks about Tink's attitude toward Peter. Ever since the Wendy arrived, Tink hardly spoke to Peter at all. Uh oh!

Stormy Lightningberry

Old 12-20-2014, 02:23 AM
Tinker Fairy
FairiesFan93's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Tinker Talent
Awesome to see someone else joining in! I really do love the illustrations in the novel, very beautiful to look at and give you a good gist of the scene. And I love the comment you made about Terence casting a shadow over Tink's work, as if he's a distraction to it, which, again, reminds me of him trying to help Tink in Lost Treasure and just causing her to break her Sceptre and the moonstone. Really interesting observation!!

And yeah, I agree Terence is a much better person for Tink. From what I gather, Peter's too immature and doesn't really have a care, whereas Terence shows deep consideration for Tink.

And interesting thought on the hammer. Like you said, most tinker hammers we've seen are wooden handles with a stone head. Maybe some tinkers carry metal headed hammers, but I think the hammers in the films look more "tinkerish", so to say. Still, an interesting observation.

Thanks for joining in, love your thoughts!
Old 12-22-2014, 05:59 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
Awards Showcase

Post It's Tink's

Quote:
Chapter 3 thoughts:

I like how it picks up the next day with Tink trying to make a new hammer from a pebble from a cave Peter used for skipping stones. Although, of course, the hammer doesn't turn out so well....
Also love how Terence brought her a very twisted ladle to fix. Reminds me of when I'm playing the first Tinker Bell DS game and fairies around Pixie Hollow ask you to repair things for them.
I thought the hammer she created would work great. But it did not.

Terrence is helpful to Tink. The task Terrence had for her also reminds me of the quests we used to have in Pixie Hollow online.

Chapter 3

I liked the description of the badly repaired copper pot looking as though it were as pitted as a grapefruit peeling.

When Think swings the makeshift hammer, the head flings off the stick handle. I thought of the old phrase "Don't fly off the handle," and laughed.

I don't know about Violet the dyeing talent fairy. Is she in the other books, too?

Tink is known to Violet and Terrence as the best "Pots and Pans talent" in the kingdom. I thought it was interesting how in the game and movies they call it "Tinker Talent". I think in the "Peter and Wendy" book by J.M. Barrie she's called a "pots and kettles" fairy.

Stormy Lightningberry

Off topic: I remember saying "It's Tink's" when there were bad glitches in pixie hollow online. "It stinks" sounds like "It's Tink's"

Old 12-23-2014, 01:37 AM
Tinker Fairy
FairiesFan93's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Tinker Talent
Hm, on the matter of what tinkers call themselves, I actually prefer the movies' version better. Tinker talent sounds much more straight forward and to the point, which is why they probably went with that instead of pots-and-pans fairies, although Tink makes reference to it when she says "there's gotta be more to life than fixing pots and kettles".

Chapter 4 thoughts:

Poor Tink. Without a hammer a tinker does seem pretty lost. And again, seeing some Lost Treasure in here with Tink getting irritated on Terence and wanting to blame him, because she has to blame someone. Although I know they used Tink, North Of Neverland for Tinker Bell And The Lost Treasure. Kinda funny how Tink always wants to blame someone else for her problems.

Her going to a carpenter talent sparrow man for a hammer, I thought, would lead to problems, like her being incompatible with a carpenter's hammer, since maybe a certain talent tool works for a certain talent fairy. But the hammer did work, although it was clumsy in her hands, making her feel like a Clumsy. And then enter Prilla! It's nice to see Prilla again after reading Quest For The Egg. She's a very spirited fairy, and I'd like to see her incorporated into the Fairiea films. It seems Clarion's bathtub is one of her most prized possessions, so of course I think Tink would be perfect for fixing it, and her really wanting to fix it and prove herself even more makes me even more sad for her!

And lo and behold, the pies that Dulcie is baking in the pans Tink fixed with the carpenter's hammer are coming out as mincemeat. Hmmm maybe the hammer is incompatible with her after all? I guess only the next chapters will tell!

Also love the illustration of Tink and Dulcie in the kitchen looking at the spoiled pies!

Trying to read through this one a wee bit faster, since I'm getting more Fairies books/guides on Christmas so wanna be prepared for them!

Chapter 5 thoughts

Love the teakettle that wouldn't stop whistling that Tink fixed. Tink got embarrassed when all the fairies saw she couldn't fix things. Vidia! Love seeing Tink and Vidia interact! Vidia's sarcasm is always fun, and I can just hear her voice from the movies in head. Pamela Adlon does an amazing job of making Vidia distinguishable. Now there's a rumor going around Tink lost her talent. It's great to read Tink getting all red in the face and fists in a ball. Classic Tinker Bell. Although I was surprised when Vidia delivered the message that Queen Clarion wants to see her. Must be scary for a fairy to be afraid of being banished, but like Tink said, she didn't lose her talent, just her hammer.

Chapter 6
I always love reading about the other fairy talents going about their business. Really makes Pixie Hollow feel more alive and makes it seem like a real place. Although the harvest talent fairies see Tink and whisper about how she lost her talent. Nice description of queens gazebo, really helps picture the scene in my head more clearly. It was interesting seeing Clarion asking Tink if her glow has changed and if she might have a contagious disease, fairy distemper, another reason I love the fairies franchise, how much lore there is to it. Also like seeing Clarion's calm presence, makes her a very good ruler. Even almost made Tink admit what happened. Funny seeing Rani teach Prilla how to make fountains in the water. Weird how water fairies in the books tend to cry a lot (at least in Rani's case), yet none do in the movies. And can only imagine Tink's frustration at being proclaimed talentless by other fairies. Wonder what she was thinking about that made her rush off to the Home Tree pretty fast.

Chapter 7 thoughts

It's nice to see Prilla get to be an honorary guest at other talent tables during supper since she's the only one of her talent guild. Kinda stinks that Tink is now being neglected by the other tinker fairies because of a few mishaps during some repairs. And I felt Tink's sadness at not being chosen to help fix Clarion's tub, when she is the most knowledgeable tinker in Pixie Hollow. We get nice little thought on Mother Dove, and the events that transpired in a Quest For The Egg (a very good novel). And enter Terence. It's nice how caring he is for Tink, stopping himself from repeating the gossip she lost her talent. And he's offered to go with Tink to Peter Pan's to get her hammer back. A very caring friend, and as he said, she doesn't even need to ask, he'd do anything for her.

Chapter 8 thoughts

So begins Tink and Terence's Journey. Love the illustration of then flying above Never Land! Tink describes the places she's seen with Peter, and I agree with Terence in that she probably knows more of Never Land than any other fairy. Although for some reason I was hoping they would travel in the ballon Tink made in Lost Treasure, even though they are only going a little ways. Tink really is nervous about seeing Peter. Very strange reading how nervous she is. It's funny to see Terence afraid of owls eating them whe in Tinker Bell And The Lost Treasure he goes to an owl for help with Tink. And so they finally find Peter whittling, and I'm kind of in shock he sees Terence and Tinker Bell as butterflies and now wants to skewer them with a pin. Don't know if it's some kind of magic, but shocked at this... Chapter 9 will tell!

Just finished it! My thoughts on the last two chapters!

I guess Peter was just playing a prank on Tink, although not exactly making a good first impression to Terence. Pan really does have a short attention span, just like a boy who doesn't grow up, as during a game of hide and seek with the Lost Boys he decided to watch a passing animal than find his friends. And I guess Tink saving Pan from the shark was the first time they met? It was nice to see Pan keep Tink's hammer safe, showing he has no ill will towards her for leaving, yet wants her to stay. Obviously Tink decides to go back with Terence to Pixie Hollow, but will of course visit him often, which is nice after reading how much Tink wants to see Pan again, but feels too betrayed to do so.

A very pleasant ending as well. What better way to prove to the fairies that she has her talent back (even though she never lost it, just her hammer) than to fix the Queen's bathtub? And I like how Clarion somehow knows Tink never lost her talent, and knows what she's been up to, so humors Tink in letting her fix it. Also like how it doesn't explicitly state she fixed the tub, but ends with her telling Terence she doesn't need luck, showing that Tink truly is he best tinker in Pixie Hollow.

A great read! Can't wait to read the next, Vidia And The Crown, but first gonna read Fairy Haven And The Quest For The Wand, as I need to continue the Fairy Dust trilogy and see how Rani will deal with her promise to the mermaids from Quest For The Egg.

Last edited by Night Wish; 12-26-2014 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Merged double posts
Old 12-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Innocent The post in which I think way too far into things.

Quote:
Although for some reason I was hoping they would travel in the ballon Tink made in Lost Treasure, even though they are only going a little ways. [...] It's funny to see Terence afraid of owls eating them whe in Tinker Bell And The Lost Treasure he goes to an owl for help with Tink.
As great as those Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure references would be, you kinda have to remember the book was first released in 2005, and the idea for Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure was only thought up in late 2007, if not early 2008.

Or, if you don't want to think about it Mainland time-wise, Tink was going on a long journey in Lost Treasure, and she needed the balloon to not only carry all of her food/supplies/Pixie Dust as she traveled, but also needed to carry her across the sea so she could preserve her own daily cup for as long as possible. When Tink and Terence were flying to Peter's Hideout, Tink knew the trip would span a day at most, so all they'd need to pack would be maybe a lunch bag with something extra for a snack--easy to carry in your hand, or in a knapsack of sorts.
As to Terence and his owl fear, there's a good reason for it. In Iridessa, Lost at Sea (one of the chapter books published in 2009, so quite a ways down the chapter book series from The Trouble with Tink), an owl is spotted in Pixie Hollow--a wild owl. Wild owls, as in owls who have never seen fairies or have never been domesticated by fairies, are like hawks: they spot a fairy with her bright glow, and decide that she'd make a wonderful midnight snack. Plus, animal fairies can't reason well with wild animals; the animals believe the fairies have no authority over them, and therefore refuse to listen to them. Dr. Owl from TB&LT was most likely raised if not born in Pixie Hollow, and so any fairy would feel comfortable approaching him to pour out their problems. Terence's fear of a wild owl while out with Tink, however, is completely justified.

I'm sorry if it feels like I'm being mean, I'm not trying to be. I guess I just get carried away when it comes to things like this. I liked reading about your reactions to chapters in The Trouble with Tink, and I hope you continue reading the series despite how hard it is to find the full collection nowadays.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:16 AM
Tinker Fairy
FairiesFan93's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Tinker Talent
Definitely not mean! Appreciate any input in the discussion. Thanks for the clarification on the owls of Pixie Hollow. And if I'm not mistaken, the fairies in the Fairy Haven series use balloon carriers (sort of on the same line as Tink's I believe). But again, they weren't really going a ways, just a quick flight across Never Land, so they won't run out of Pixie Dust.

But again, thanks for your input and adding to the discussion!
Old 12-27-2014, 05:00 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
Awards Showcase

Post The Troubles with Think, middle and final chapters

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Quote:

Chapter 4 thoughts:

Her going to a carpenter talent sparrow man for a hammer, I thought, would lead to problems, like her being incompatible with a carpenter's hammer, since maybe a certain talent tool works for a certain talent fairy. But the hammer did work, although it was clumsy in her hands, making her feel like a Clumsy.
I was expecting Tink to be able to make a Tinker's hammer...she makes and fixes things, after all.

Quote:
And lo and behold, the pies that Dulcie is baking in the pans Tink fixed with the carpenter's hammer are coming out as mincemeat.
Yeah I noticed that.

Quote:
Trying to read through this one a wee bit faster, since I'm getting more Fairies books/guides on Christmas so wanna be prepared for them!
Which chapter book will you do next?

Quote:

Chapter 5 thoughts

Love the teakettle that wouldn't stop whistling that Tink fixed. Tink got embarrassed when all the fairies saw she couldn't fix things. Vidia! Love seeing Tink and Vidia interact! Vidia's sarcasm is always fun, and I can just hear her voice from the movies in head.
The author did a good job. Vidia is right on the edge of "almost mean." But sometimes she shapes up.

Quote:
Chapter 6
Also like seeing Clarion's calm presence, makes her a very good ruler.

Even almost made Tink admit what happened.
What's Clarion's talent?

Things would have gone a little smoother if Tink would have just told Clarion what happened.

Quote:
Funny seeing Rani teach Prilla how to make fountains in the water. Weird how water fairies in the books tend to cry a lot (at least in Rani's case), yet none do in the movies.
I wonder if it's because it would seem too sad to just SEE the crying. In the books we know why because the books explain it. But fans of the movie version of Silvermist would write letters asking why she's so sad. Some of the fans are very little themselves, and might have started crying, too.

Quote:
And can only imagine Tink's frustration at being proclaimed talentless by other fairies.
I thought the fairies in general were pretty disloyal to Tink, switching so fast from "she's the best" to "she has no talent and never will again."

Quote:

Chapter 7 thoughts

And enter Terence. It's nice how caring he is for Tink, stopping himself from repeating the gossip she lost her talent. And he's offered to go with Tink to Peter Pan's to get her hammer back. A very caring friend, and as he said, she doesn't even need to ask, he'd do anything for her.
He's very nice...and he is loyal.

Quote:

Chapter 8 thoughts

And so they finally find Peter whittling, and I'm kind of in shock he sees Terence and Tinker Bell as butterflies and now wants to skewer them with a pin.
In "Peter and Wendy", Peter is VERY forgetful of others. It's his bad side. So I worried that he really did forget who Tink is.

Quote:
I guess Peter was just playing a prank on Think, although not exactly making a good first impression to Terence.
I guess that gave permission for Tink to move on and forget about being jealous of Peter.

Quote:
A very pleasant ending as well. What better way to prove to the fairies that she has her talent back (even though she never lost it, just her hammer) than to fix the Queen's bathtub? And I like how Clarion somehow knows Tink never lost her talent, and knows what she's been up to, so humors Tink in letting her fix it. Also like how it doesn't explicitly state she fixed the tub, but ends with her telling Terence she doesn't need luck, showing that Tink truly is he best tinker in Pixie Hollow.

A great read! Can't wait to read the next, Vidia And The Crown, but first gonna read Fairy Haven And The Quest For The Wand, as I need to continue the Fairy Dust trilogy and see how Rani will deal with her promise to the mermaids from Quest For The Egg.
"The Trouble with Think" is the title. I think Tink's trouble is a couple things in this story. She lost her hammer. She lost her reputation for being a great tinker. She was too proud to admit she lost her hammer. She was too something (proud? afraid?) to ask Peter for her spare hammer.

The spare hammer makes me wonder about something. Early in the story they said that Pixie Hollow only had just enough of everything and no spares. But this story shows the trouble that rule can bring. Maybe having a spare isn't SO bad.

As for owls and stuff, I think what popcorn1234 said makes sense. :-)

Stormy Lightningberry (who had heaps of spare ingredients at the end and even a few pixie diamonds. I wish I'd spent them while I could.)