PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Shops, Tailors, Bakeries & Tinkering > Out to Lunch

Out to Lunch Archives for various Shops and Tailors threads.

Old Ack! Tailoring Leaf Topper Boots

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:41 AM
PH Founding Fairy
View Pink Plumeria's Photo Album
Pink Plumeria's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Hot
Pink Plumeria has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Ack! Tailoring Leaf Topper Boots

Is anyone else tailoring the Leaf topper boots?

I have had these things opened for a few months now and have tried on many occasions to master the 4 steps without much luck! The only thing I can get awesome on is sometimes the roly poly and always on the pattern placement. When it comes to the caterpillar and the spider, they both drag me down to 'good' or 'nice try', I have yet to get higher than 84 before they changed the scoring and after! I am ready to give up on these boots I worked so hard to find and after making 27 and only have alittle over 2200 points! Or so I thought this afternoon when I worked on them, I went back in tonight to give another go at them and find I am back to 1200 points! Arg, plus I unlocked 2 new belt pattern and did 1 of each to see how they go. Well, the stars are back like I just unlocked them and the one each I did is gone! What the heck is going on with the tailoring nooks?? And has anyone have any suggestions on how they have gotten above 84 for a double score for the Leaf toppers? I have been jokingly saying it will take me all year to complete these boots but it feels like right now it will be a reality!

Pink Plumeria for Magenta, Mulberry and Koko
Old 04-15-2009, 03:01 AM
Has Animal Talent
View texastinkerbelle's Photo Album
texastinkerbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Curmudgeon
texastinkerbelle is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
Sorry , wish I could help.
I am dragging through the twirly wraps
so I can get to the twirly boots.
I have had company for a week &
gotten out of the habit of tailoring or playing.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:24 AM
is a very OLD fairy :)
View rainbowfairie's Photo Album
rainbowfairie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2010 Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Sleepy
rainbowfairie has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Water Talent Light Talent
ack dont tell me leaf boots are that hard i unlocked striders today and im not doing so hot three of the 6 pairs i managed didntget high enough in the 80s to double
Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 AM
knows the muffin man
View Buttercup PollenPuff's Photo Album
Buttercup PollenPuff's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 44

My Mood: Sneezy
Buttercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent
I haven't done these yet but I have done some whopping hard ones. (hee hee I almost typed 'wons' ) I personally hate tailoring, but have a twisted urge to unlock all the patterns.

My advice is just take it slow. Try to be as accurate as possible with the catapillar. The more you do it accurately the faster you will get at it, then you can get some of those stars!
As for that Spider, don't feel like you have to rush and click right away, she will swing over the target several times. When she's really fast I stick my face right up against the screen to see as best as I can, I look like a total moron but it does help.

If nothing helps just set a goal for yourself. Try to do it a certain amount of times a day (personally I shoot for 1,000 points a day, but depending on the pattern, I'll do less or more,) that way you can map it out. You can also see if anyone will help you. As I've said before, I get my fiance to help. You could maybe get a friend or relative to take turns with you, see who can do it better make it a game.

I hope some of that helps. And whatever you do just don't give up!

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 04-15-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: minor adjustment
Old 04-15-2009, 10:14 AM
*~Arcade Award Winner~*
View Petunia Frostyblossom's Photo Album
Petunia Frostyblossom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award EKB Day Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Spring 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 57

My Mood: Manic
Petunia Frostyblossom is a wiz at Fairy TagPetunia Frostyblossom is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Angry I feel your pain!

Pink I've been working on this pattern everyday for almost a week now and the nicest thing I can say about it is ~ it's a pain in the backside!

The Caterpillar Cutting gets me almost every time. I have difficulity getting that last star! If you don't get that star forget about the X2 Bonus points.

And the friendship alerts and party invitations popping up make the caterpillar slower, so I've decided this pattern will be my middle of the night tailoring project. LOL

So far I have earned a little over 4,000 points towards this pattern and I know it will be slow going for this one.

And what's up with the 20-21 holes on the Spider Stiching! That is just crazy!

Hang in there and I'll let you know if I come up with any tips for this pattern.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:16 PM
wants those Twirly Boots!
View slightlyremoved's Photo Album
slightlyremoved's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2011 Award Winter Solstice Award Autumn 2010 Award Summer 2010 Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award Summer Fun Screenshot Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: owoooo
slightlyremoved has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastinkerbelle View Post
Sorry , wish I could help.
I am dragging through the twirly wraps
so I can get to the twirly boots.
I have had company for a week &
gotten out of the habit of tailoring or playing.
I JUST finished the Twirly Wraps last night, and I was so relieved... and then those dumb Twirly Boots that I want so badly showed up, and it's 16000 points to get to them! I've lost motivation!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:09 PM
A happy Senior Fairy
View Lavender Fernclove's Photo Album
Lavender Fernclove's Fairy
Awards Showcase
J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Summer 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Divine Costume Designer Award Halloween '09 Award Fantastic Fairy Finder Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award 
Total Awards: 16

My Mood: Annoyed
Lavender Fernclove is a talented FairyLavender Fernclove is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent
Lightbulb No surprise to me!

Pink, it's no surprise about the tailoring. It's for SURE my least favorite thing to do in the Hollow and I'll fly a fairy's wings off to gather ingredients and then buy clothes rather than tailor. You've gotten good suggestions so just hang in there, fairy, and we'll be seeing you sporting those boots eventually! Won't you be proud???

OR.....you could visit Fawn, pick up one of those skunks she had in a quest and drop it off at Mendy's....just as a protest statement???

LOL!

Fly with ya'! Lavender Fernclove
Old 04-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Arizona on my mind...
View Bug's Photo Album
Bug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 107

My Mood: Purrfect
Bug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Hey Pink,
I am proud you have tailored that much to get that far! I would LOVE to have those boots but hate the repetition of tailoring. I guess I don't see the point. I also get so extremely frustrated as they get harder I just give up. I do the first few patterns of each category to get some clothes in colors I want (Black, Purple!!) & that is it. Since the double points I am working on the 5000 to 6000 point patterns now which I hadn't before. I do keep writing the Never Council that the patterns are too long to get etc. Maybe more of us should write them! Anything over 10 xs is too much in my opinion!

Where Dreams Really Do Come True TY Stormy
Old 04-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Senior Fairy
View gingeeann's Photo Album
gingeeann's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pixieish
gingeeann is a talented Fairygingeeann is a talented Fairy
I have finished all but one pattern in Mendy's nook. The catepillar is acting up. I have had lag and it is 35 points for that last star in leaf topper boots. If you start off with any hang ups you cannot make it. Then slow down and try to perfect the rest of the pattern cutting , you might get a good job if your lucky. The black boots I have now are worth it. Stick to it Labyrinth Wilddance
Old 04-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Collector
View Ali_Lenora's Photo Album
Ali_Lenora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Winter Solstice Award 2010 Holiday Award Spring 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Bored
Ali_Lenora is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
ARRRRRUGGH!!!!! They should change tailoring so you only had to get 67 points or more on each step to complete a pattern!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Kinda inactive.
View EllaFlutterBreeze's Photo Album
EllaFlutterBreeze's Fairy
Awards Showcase
PHF Winter Award 2016 Happy Holidays'14 Award Design A Furniture Item Participation Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award 
Total Awards: 17

My Mood: Woot
EllaFlutterBreeze has chosen their Fairy magic
Frankly, it's no surprise for me. It is my least favorite thing to do in the Hollow so I never go on it. I wish too that you could just get a 100 or more points on each step to complete a pattern. And they really need to get low on the thousands! Seriously, 16 thousand??? Way too much for me!! They should give us ingredients too for completing a clothing too! (like at the end of every time you tailor!)

Yeah, I'm still here. PM me/
Old 04-16-2009, 03:58 PM
PH Founding Fairy
Pink Plumeria's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award 

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and sympathy! With all the tailoring I have done over the months-since the day I enter PH on October 2, 2008 and found the tailoring nook sometime thereafter, I should have no problem with these really high point patterns. With each pattern increasing in difficulty you gradually work your skills up to where you should find the high pointers a challenge but not down right obnoxious! It does take several tries of a new pattern to get in the groove of how the pattern flows through the steps. But I have never had this much trouble with any pattern so far as the boot patterns have given me, yes the Twirly boots are a nightmare to make too and they are the last 2 shoe patterns that you can unlock. They were for me anyways as I didn't have anyway of knowing what unlocks what pattern when I was stitching through all the patterns. I have always enjoyed the tailoring nooks over any other games that are in PH, even before I became a paid member, maybe it's because I like to sew in real life that I find myself in the nooks all the time looking for something new and exciting to make and wear! The Leaf topper and Twirly boots are the only shoes I have left to complete for Mendy, I have 2 belts patterns plus one that is yet unlocked to finish before I am done with Mendy's nook for the community tailoring. I was excited to find I had finally got to see the light coming closer at the end of the tunnel of tailoring for Mendy just to run into this major blinding light! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have taken my time on this pattern, the caterpillar you can't make it go any faster than it wants to and messing me out of the last star no matter what I do to get it there before it disappears. I have let the spider swing many times before making the attempt to click and hope it hits the hole, I have tried just clicking when it gets near the hole, no matter what I do to try and get something from the click seems to be in vain! What I have done with all the other patterns I unlock, is pick one to work on and keep at it till I have finished, not with this one or the Twirly boots. I did the hop from pattern to pattern doing a few at a time but your mindset has to change and found that it didn't help improve score when you jump around and why I chose to do just one at a time to be done with it. I am one of those people who try to do the best I can when tailoring and not just go through the motions. I don't want to make more than I absolutely have to complete a pattern, glad they changed the scoring as it is a blessing to get those double and sometimes triple scores. To think, it took Magenta 120 times making the Striders and it only took Koko 85, I have a wrong total for Mulberry but she may not be finished with them yet.

Oh well, I will keep bumbling through the boot patterns till I have finally reached the out-of-this-world point totals and make my girls a pair or 20 with all the hair pulling-maybe just one girl will get them as I can't imagine doing this for my other 2 paid girls! Magenta is the trial girl and the other 2 usually get better points with patterns as I have had plenty of practice before they do them! ROFL

Thanks again everyone for listening to my ramble and rant, I will get through these boots patterns and they will prolly be the last ones finished in either tailor nook! For now I will spend my ingredients in the shops for someone elses efforts in making them for us, they are well worth the I have spent on all the ones available so far!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:16 PM
*~Arcade Award Winner~*
View Petunia Frostyblossom's Photo Album
Petunia Frostyblossom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award EKB Day Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Spring 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 57

My Mood: Manic
Petunia Frostyblossom is a wiz at Fairy TagPetunia Frostyblossom is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Excited Here's a tip!

Pink I discovered sort of a trick that helps me get that last star on caterpillar cutting with the Leaf Top Boot pattern.

I try not to cut exactly straight on the white dots but stay just to the right side still keeping the caterpillar barely on them.

Also, have the caterpillar just nick the corner of each star if possible.

I find this saves time so you can reach the next star.

Sometimes I even completely by-pass the star as I round the curve.

This helps me get to the last star most of the time, almost 2-3 out of every 5 times.

Which helps me get a 2X Bonus score.

I'm around 8,000 points on this pattern now, so I hope these tips work for you.

We'll have to have a Leaf Topper Boot Party when we're finished!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:30 PM
PH Founding Fairy
Pink Plumeria's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleMarie View Post
Pink I discovered sort of a trick that helps me get that last star on caterpillar cutting with the Leaf Top Boot pattern.

I try not to cut exactly straight on the white dots but stay just to the right side still keeping the caterpillar barely on them.

Also, have the caterpillar just nick the corner of each star if possible.

I find this saves time so you can reach the next star.

Sometimes I even completely by-pass the star as I round the curve.

This helps me get to the last star most of the time, almost 2-3 out of every 5 times.

Which helps me get a 2X Bonus score.

I'm around 8,000 points on this pattern now, so I hope these tips work for you.

We'll have to have a Leaf Topper Boot Party when we're finished!
Nicole, Thanks for the tip and I will have to give a try and let you know how it works out for me!

Congrats on getting to 8000 points, I commend you for sticking with it and finding a way to get double score bonus and sharing, that is all I can strive for at this moment, even if it is just 85, it double all the same!

Yes, a Leaf topper Boot Party is in store when I get these darn things completed, I just might have a real drink for the occasion! ROFL

Old 04-19-2009, 12:16 PM
is a very OLD fairy :)
View rainbowfairie's Photo Album
rainbowfairie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2010 Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Sleepy
rainbowfairie has chosen their Fairy magic
nicolemaries tip on cutting has helped me do better on cutting some of those tricky boots my score has improved much thank you!