PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old Glitters fairy book reviews!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Wishful
glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Title: The Frog Princess
Author: E.D. Baker

This is a great book!
It's about Princess Emeralda (Emma for short). One day, she goes to the swamp and meets a frog named Eadric who is an enchanted prince. Emma kisses him, thinking the kiss would turn Eadric back into a prince. But instead, Emma turns into a frog as well. Now they must go on an adventure to find a way to reverse the spell.

I give this book

(If you were wondering, yes, Disney's "The Princess and the Frog" was based off this book).
Old 10-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Wishful
glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Title: Fairy Lies
Author: E.D. Baker

This is the sequel to a book I reviewed earlier on, Fairy Wings. Read my review for Fairy Wings before reading this review, for it will not make any sense without knowing at least a little about the first book.
After returning from the land of the fey, some strange things have been happening to Tamasin. First, she can't stop trying to find an open gate to the land of the fey. Next, another fairy visits Tamasin, claiming that he is here to take Tamasin to see her father, who her mother told her in Fairy Wings, was dead. When Tamasin refused to go with the fairy, he shrunk her and took Tamasin to the land of the fey by force. Soon afterwards, Tamasin finds that the man who was claiming to be her father, was Oberon, king of the fairies. Oberon agreed to let Tamasin go home, but said she has to stay there over night. So when Tamasin wakes up the next day, she can't remember anything, and she actually thinks that she wants to stay there with Oberon. When Tamasin's half-goblin boyfriend Jak finds out that she was taken, he goes to the land of the fey to find her.
I'm not gonna say anymore, cause I don't wanna spoil anything for those who wish to read the book!

I give this book
This book was not as good at Fairy Wings, but it was still pretty good.