PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Computer Technical Support > Fixed

Fixed Computer Technical Support archive

Old Encrypted page with some unencrypted information?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 AM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Question Encrypted page with some unencrypted information?

This has been happening a lot to me lately! Sometimes when I try to log into a website I get a security popup saying that the page is encrypted but contains some unencrypted information. (see picture)

But it only happens sometimes. What does this mean? Is it safe to log in a website when that pops up? I was trying to get a membership for my fairy but I kept getting that popup thing so I was scared to put any of my moms credit card info on there!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:59 AM
•༺💕༻•Just Believe•༺💕༻•
View _Stormy_'s Photo Album
_Stormy_'s Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 113

My Mood: Gaming
_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
It's perfectly safe to get your membership I get it too, it's nothing to worry about. It means that the page is secure and your information you send cannot be sent to a third party. I was worried when I first saw it as well, so I contacted geek squad and they told me it is perfectly safe

Books are a uniquely portable magic
Old 09-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Is a Pixie
View bayberry bubbleweather's Photo Album
bayberry bubbleweather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Happy Holidays'09 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: Sleepyy
bayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queen
Water Talent
yup it is safe, it is that either the computer doesn't recognize the codes there or it is made like that. The encryption is there just to make your information more safer like Stormy said
Old 09-24-2012, 12:11 PM
playing DI on Xbox One
View Littlebell's Photo Album
Littlebell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Creative
Littlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stormy_ View Post
It's perfectly safe to get your membership I get it too, it's nothing to worry about. It means that the page is secure and your information you send cannot be sent to a third party. I was worried when I first saw it as well, so I contacted geek squad and they told me it is perfectly safe
hmmm... interesting... i would have thought the reverse. it's somewhat misleading, as it might imply that "private" information can easily be read by a third party, when that's not necessarily true.

being a bit of a "geek talent" myself, i did a "view source" on one of their secure (https) pages, and found a whole bunch of "http" references (like links to other pages on the site - news, calendar, etc.). that isn't a problem, but the web browser doesn't *know* that it's not a problem. you would think it should...

the important part is that it says the *page* is encrypted, and only contains *some* unencrypted information. being a Disney site, i would expect them to make sure that at least the important/private information is encrypted (like login/password).
Old 09-24-2012, 07:15 PM
idk what to put here!
View Kenzie_Lightningripple's Photo Album
Kenzie_Lightningripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Roflol
Kenzie_Lightningripple is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Oh! That's good to know. I feel safe about that, if I ever see it.