PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Beyond the Hollow

Beyond the Hollow For anything not relating to Pixie Hollow or Fairies

Old Ant-Man Movie Review (Spoiler-Free)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Film Ant-Man Movie Review (Spoiler-Free)

What do you think of when you hear the name "Ant-Man"?

"Ant-Man? That sounds ridiculous!"
"What a stupid sounding movie!"
"Well, that sounds like a dumb, boring movie."
"Ant-Man? *snicker* Can that be any more childish?"

Well, push aside those negative thoughts and GO SEE ANT-MAN!

I, like many others, thought Ant-Man sounded childish. I worried that the movie wouldn't be that great. I did have some hope. I mean, it is a Marvel movie, after all. Even their "bad" movies are great. So, when I went to see Ant-Man last night, I was, thankfully, so pleasantly surprised!

Ant-Man stars Paul Rudd (Anchorman, Clueless) as thief Scott Lang who is contacted by Hank Pym, played by Michael Douglas (Wall Street, Behind the Candelabra), who wants Lang to become the new Ant-Man. With help from Pym's daughter, Hope Van Dyme, played by Evangeline Lily (The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug and The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies), Scott learns to harness the power of the Ant-Man suit and, with a little help from his friends, tries to save the world from Pym's former apprentice, Darren Cross, played by Corey Stoll (The Strain, House of Cards).

Director Peyton Reed really did a phenomenal job with this movie, especially after Edgar Wright left the project. The acting is on point from all the actors, the script is great and has the perfect amount a humor, there was great character development (minus one character. I will address that later), and the CGI, which this movie was bound to be filled with, was wonderful! Michael Pena as Luis really stole the show! He had me laughing so hard! Hayley Atwell returns to reprise her role as Peggy Carter in this and, as usual, does a great job. John Slattery also returns to reprise his role as Howard Stark, Tony Stark's father, and also delivers a great performance, even if both his and Atwell's role fairly small in the movie. And I shouldn't forget about the mid-credits and post-credits scenes. My GOSH they are both SOOO amazing... especially the post-credits scene which, seriously, had me fangirling so hard that I was on the verge of hyperventilating. I walked out the movie theater with a smile frozen on my face and my heart racing. I also experienced all that when I saw the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer in XD. I nearly died... not really, but it felt like it.

I don't really know what other amazing things I can say about this movie without going into spoiler territory, so I will just move on to the cons about this movie. Now, this list might change since I've only seen the movie once. The list might get longer or shorter, but here we go.

Con #1. Darren Cross.

Now, while there have been weaker villains in the MCU, I still felt like Cross was still underdeveloped. It was kind of hard to pinpoint the exact reason behind him being the villain. It didn't really take much away from the movie though.

Con. #1 1/2

This really isn't that big of a con. There were, like, three corny lines throughout that movie that almost made me cringe, but, just like con #1, it didn't take anything away from the movie.

With all that being said, Ant-Man was the PERFECT way to end Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I highly recommend this movie to anybody! And if you are still unsure about seeing this movie...

My dad said this was probably one of his favorite Marvel movies. That is saying a lot. Of course, there is a good reason not to trust him on this, since he likes Age of Ultron better than The Winter Soldier... seriously father? Why?

So, there is my short, spoiler-free review of the movie. I might do a spoiler version. I hope you enjoyed this!
Old 07-22-2015, 10:00 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I saw Ant-Man over the weekend and just loved it. One of my favorite Marvel movies,
the Captain America ones are still my favorite. Looking forward to seeing Ant-Man
in Civil War and hopefully the next Avenger movie.

~Twi
Old 08-03-2015, 04:08 AM
loves to fly!
View ella_roseplume's Photo Album
ella_roseplume's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Create A Talent Award Autumn 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Thankful Award Riddle Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Pixieish
ella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I thought Ant-man was okay, but the way Evangeline Lilly's character Hope was treated really soured the whole thing for me. She was shown to be brilliant and talented, yet she couldn't be a hero herself because her father wouldn't let her. Such a terrible message to show a grown woman having almost no say over her life and just doing what men decided she should. They tried to give reasons to make it seem okay, but there's no excuse.

On the other hand, Ant-man's daughter was great! She had her own opinions and personality and was very brave. I'm glad they didn't make her helpless just because she was a little girl. I dearly hope any girls who saw this movie connected more with her character than Hope.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Well, you should be happy that Hope is going to be the new Wasp and will be featured in a future Marvel movie.