PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old Matilda

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rose Starbloom's Photo Album
Rose Starbloom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Pixieish
Rose Starbloom is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Garden Talent
Rainbow Matilda

Ok if you read Matilda, please tell me it is AWESOME!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 03:29 PM
❤️🌟❤️Hi I'm Kenzie!❤️🌟❤️
View kenzie404's Photo Album
kenzie404's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer Solstice Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Arcade Champ St. Patrick Day 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Butterfly-ish
kenzie404 is a Fast Flyerkenzie404 is a Fast Flyerkenzie404 is a Fast Flyerkenzie404 is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent
Matilda is AWESOME!!!!!!xD
anyways Happy Easter!!

~Kenzie
Old 04-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Listening to LET IT GO!:D
View xXKitty_LunaXx's Photo Album
xXKitty_LunaXx's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 33

My Mood: Exasperated
xXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent
Heart

I didn't read it, but I saw da movie. Does that count? :3

[COLOR="Pink"] HAPPY EASTER[/COLOR
Old 04-18-2014, 03:43 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
I saw half of the movie at Summer Camp last year.

Last edited by Onionleaf; 04-19-2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:13 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Post Matilda by Roald Dahl, right?

How did Matilda get her powers? The movie didn't explain. Was it just because she was super smart?

Stormy "Spoilers" Lightningberry

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 04-19-2014, 02:01 AM
•༺💕༻•Just Believe•༺💕༻•
View _Stormy_'s Photo Album
_Stormy_'s Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 113

My Mood: Gaming
_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
I love Matilda! I have read the book and seen the movie.

StormyLightningberry~ Matilda was born with her psychokinetic powers.

Books are a uniquely portable magic
Old 04-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Proud Mom Fairy!
View Lila Mossgarden's Photo Album
Lila Mossgarden's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Crossword Winner's Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 115

My Mood: Baking
Lila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
I thought she got them by having all this raw talent unused and she was so bored she made things happen ... Guess I'll have to dead the book again. BTW hated the movie. Loved the book. I love Danny DeVito and Rhea Pearlman but ugh, not in that movie. Plus that little girl was so played out that I was tired of her by then, too.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Tinkering...
View Daisybelle's Photo Album
Daisybelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ethereal
Daisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I never read the book, but I've watched it so many times and LOVE it! It's one of my favorite movies.
I hope to read the book some time. It sounds amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila Mossgarden View Post
I thought she got them by having all this raw talent unused and she was so bored she made things happen ... Guess I'll have to dead the book again. BTW hated the movie. Loved the book. I love Danny DeVito and Rhea Pearlman but ugh, not in that movie. Plus that little girl was so played out that I was tired of her by then, too.

Lila, I think Matilda was born with her powers, but later she learnt how to use them properly.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:39 AM
I Believe In Pixie Hollow
View Gwyn's Photo Album
Gwyn's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Artistic
Gwyn has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
I LOVE Matilda! Its one of those books that never get old. She is such a role model to stand up to grown ups when they are morally wrong.
This pic( if it does show up) is my favorite quote from Roald Dahl
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=6
Old 07-06-2014, 01:01 AM
I Believe In Pixie Hollow
View Gwyn's Photo Album
Gwyn's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Artistic
Gwyn has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
I never read the book, but I've watched it so many times and LOVE it! It's one of my favorite movies.
I hope to read the book some time. It sounds amazing!

Lila, I think Matilda was born with her powers, but later she learnt how to use them properly.

Those are both good theories but she lost her powers by the end of the book. So this tells me, and based on what happened in the end, that she gets her power because her brain can use its extra energy for it. But now that she's put in higher classes, her ability to use it isn't anymore because her brain is challenged and it doesn't have that amount of energy left. I believe from last time I read the book, Ms. Honey and Matilda had a conversation about it around the end of the book.