PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fly Home

Fly Home Discussion about your own home, decorating, and other players' homes.

Old Pixie Gardens Megathread *merged*

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:55 AM
knows the muffin man
View Buttercup PollenPuff's Photo Album
Buttercup PollenPuff's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 44

My Mood: Sneezy
Buttercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglethorn View Post
So I guess I'm not understanding. Where do you get sunflowers for growing like Buttercup PP posted (what packet do you buy)? I don't see them in the pictures for what seed packets will grow, so are they a surprise item?
Sorry I wasn't more clear. When you visit the Garden shop you can pick the different seed packets you want. When you select the packet on the right side they show a picture of the possible "harvests" you can receive.

By clicking the arrow you can cycle through and see exactly what the items are called.

For example, after looking at the dyes, I was thrilled to see that Emerald is an option.

I think the "harvests" are entirely random (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) choices from the pictured prizes.

The bonuses are a different story. So far other than the Fancy Flowers none of my bonus gifts are pictured as a reward.

I hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JovialOne View Post
Those are the packets I'm buying simply because they are beautiful flowers and when I run out of diamonds I can place them in the soil spots to have them continually grow in my garden.
I'm not sure that is gonna work exactly. Whenever I try to set anything on the dirt patches, the item jumps up or down on the screen. I've had to arrange my garden under and around the dirt.

BPP

Garden Guru
Old 04-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Is a Pixie
View Tanglethorn's Photo Album
Tanglethorn's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer Solstice Award 2017 Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 End of the Rainbow Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Autumn 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 50

Tanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A list
Tinker Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Oh I see now, thank you so much JovialOne and Buttercup for clearing that up for me. I must have been clicking too fast through the seed packets because I didn't remember seeing them there.

Also on a side note, not sure if it was this thread but someone was complaining about the big garden sign in our houses, but I think you just need to be creative with it. A friend ended up with the sign right over a fireplace so maybe you get to her garden with floo powder! Or you could put it pointing to go through a wardrobe...
Oh and random thought but wings crossed maybe they'll release other ways to get seeds or at least give away some seeds for Nature Days in May.

New question: Has anyone tried singing to their own fairy's plant (not your own plant exactly but two fairies but on the same account)? I remember hearing you could feed pets within your account by having a friends fly to your house then you fly to that friend... so wonder if that would work for gardens.

Last edited by Tanglethorn; 04-29-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:26 AM
Is a proud pixie!
View Dopey Dust's Photo Album
Dopey Dust's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award Spring 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award Klingon Award 2012 Halloween'12 Award 
Total Awards: 46

My Mood: Artistic
Dopey Dust is a Fast FlyerDopey Dust is a Fast FlyerDopey Dust is a Fast FlyerDopey Dust is a Fast Flyer
Tinker Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Not sure if someone has already noted this, or if it's even helpful, but Juniper Firesparkle and I timed several different kinds of plants and it seems to take 5 minutes once someone has sung to a flower before you can sing again.

So if you're making rounds of singing, that's how long it takes before you can sing again. Hope it helps!

~ Kiwi
Old 04-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Lightning Fairy
View Mia Lightningwillow's Photo Album
Mia Lightningwillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award Thankful For Award 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Reading
Mia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
All about gardening!

I really think Littlebell would be the perfect fairy to put all this garden business together, but I will try my best to put in some things I know. Or maybe she has. Or maybe someone else has and I have not seen it yet. Please move accordingly if so.

Please everyone add what you have learned and what can be done to have a great garden, and ways to earn those pesky badges!

One thing I learned:

If you do not water your plants, after two days they will wilt and need to be rescued. Rescuing takes lots of pixie dust. I have two unpaid accounts and used their diamonds to make plants. Great to have my fairy sing to them the first days, but now she can't.

When I went in to take care of these poor plants, I didn't have enough dust to do so, and since it's an upaid account I can't go make more COOKIES!!!!!!

So once again, lose lose. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uh oh.JPG (40.2 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by Heather Cedarspeck; 04-29-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: cannot read color on default skin
Old 04-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Goodbye!
View Jillian Snowdew's Photo Album
Jillian Snowdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Sad
Jillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Everything is changing and I feel a little lost...
One doubt, Mia. I had some plants and they disappeared after I harvested them! Is it like that or can we keep them?
Old 04-29-2012, 11:08 PM
BK
View Tiger_Mangolily's Photo Album
Tiger_Mangolily's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Riddle Participant's Award Summer 2012 Award Create A Wilderness Task Participant's Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Demure
Tiger_Mangolily is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Garden Talent Garden Talent
Thank you Mia

I feel bad for the little plants in the picture

Love,
Tiger
Old 04-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Proud Mom Fairy!
View Lila Mossgarden's Photo Album
Lila Mossgarden's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Crossword Winner's Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 115

My Mood: Baking
Lila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Doesn't your dust replenish every day?
No, Jillian, after you harvest, the plants disappear.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:39 PM
knows the muffin man
View Buttercup PollenPuff's Photo Album
Buttercup PollenPuff's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 44

My Mood: Sneezy
Buttercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent
I posted a good bit of info on the whole gardening thing in the Garden thread. If no one minds I'm just gonna copy and paste it together in this post/thread so it's all here, (plus any other info I've discovered) since this is where people will most likely go when they have questions now.

First of all when you visit the Garden shop you can pick the different seed packets you want. When you select the packet on the right side they show a picture of the possible "harvests" you can receive.

By clicking the arrow you can cycle through and see exactly what the items are called.

For example, after looking at the dyes, I was thrilled to see that Emerald is an option.

Personally I think the seeds for anything you can tailor or tinker or buy normally is a waste of diamonds. Why grow a cookie tree when you can make cookies!? However if you are a nonmember this is a good way to have cookies for the wilderness.

Also you have to be prepared for disappointment. The "harvests" are entirely random (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) choices from the pictured prizes. I happen to be the not so proud owner of 9 Sunflowers and have yet to get a heart plant. With the flowers you will always get an extra of the same kind as a bonus.

With everything else it seems to be random things. I have gotten one or two items not pictured as a reward in the shop. I got a wreath that wasn't the daisy wreath, it was the old berry one, a shovel, a tinker hammer, and this cookie jar. And with the Garden Premier seed I got a watering can that wasn't pictured along with the hairbow that is pictured.

You can also get some extra things that are pictured (this has only happened to me with furniture) Usually it's two different items but some of my plants are a little snarky and like to give me two of the same item. Usually something I already have, or woudn't need two of. Occasionally it's the same thing in different colors.

When I received dye earlier there was the color pictured (Strawberry) plus a bonus Rosetta Red.

With the cookies, you get an acorn cookie unless you are at full bonus. Then you get a random cookie (anything including an acorn) and as a bonus you get the slightly higher equivalent like Honey maple or a truffle.

Most important thing to remember, you want to get that bonus filled up before your plants days run out. If the specified growing time passes you cannot sing to the plant and you don't get the bonus. You can see how many days you have left to sing on the little popup under the plants.

Also you cannot sing to your own plants. I great way of getting your plants sung to is by using a free account to reapeatedly visit your plants. After they are sung to you cannot sing again for 5 minutes. Other than that, there do not seem to be any restrictions on singing.

I have noticed that the plants that take longer to mature don't fill up the bonus as quickly. Each song is only the sliver of bonus on a Premier seed compared to the slice of bonus you get when singing to a cookie tree.

Every day your plants need pixie dust. When you fly in to your garden you will see an exclamation point over the plant that needs attention. This is the same exclamation mark you get when you first plant a seed and it needs your pixie dust for the first time.

There are two other buttons next to the Pixie Dust button. The first is instagrow. If you are impatient you can instantly grow you plant for the paltry () sum of a few extra diamonds. If you decide to do this be sure the bonus bar is full. I mean if you are gonna spend diamonds on your plant you might as well get two items!

The second button is to remove the seed. I have not tried this and do not know if you can keep your seed.

As the days go by you will notice your plant growing. When it has gone the specified number of days you will have a lovely plant needing to be harvested!

If you are lucky your friends will have filled up your bonus meter, you can tell that the plant has a bonus if it is sparkling. You harvest by clicking on it and are presented with your prize! Hooray!! After you harvest the plant is gone! That way you have to go buy more seeds for more plants.

An additional bit of info, if you are planning to cover up your dirt patches with one of your fancy flowers, you are out of luck. Whatever object you set on it will move up and down off the patch automatically. They do not want you setting something on that patch.

That seems to be all I can think of at the moment. Will add more as necessary. I have yet have a plant wilt so I definitely appreciate that bit of info Mia!!

BPP

Last edited by Buttercup PollenPuff; 04-30-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: I can't spell or grammar at all!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
Same here; it's very useful to know when any plants will wilt as Iris has been dutifully checking on hers each day.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:49 AM
BK
View Fairy Goddess's Photo Album
Fairy Goddess's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pixie Parade Winner's Award Spring 2012 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award Talent Pride Participant's Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Winter Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Fiesty
Fairy Goddess is a talented FairyFairy Goddess is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
Tidbit of Info: I was curious to see if I would get double the goodies if I used "Instant Grow" on a plant with BONUS activated on said plant. So, by wasting 2 of my diamonds, I found out that YES, if you use Instant Grow on said BONUS plant, you still get double the goodies.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Oh My Mia I never saw a wilted flower in my gardens, how very sad indeed!! Oh Iris everytime I see one of those Iris plants I think of you! ~Olivia
Old 04-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
Why thank you Olivia, how sweet!

Iris has bought two flower packets; I was proud to harvest one today (tulips) and was extremely disappointed to find that I couldn't dye them.
I wish we could dye our rewards to match our other furniture ~
Old 04-30-2012, 01:41 AM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
well Ella harvested a plant today and she got two different kinds of wreaths.

Both very pretty! The rose wreath is silvermist blue.

~Twi
Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 AM
Lightning Fairy
View Mia Lightningwillow's Photo Album
Mia Lightningwillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award Thankful For Award 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Reading
Mia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Okay I discovered if you heal the cookie ones first then you can eat the cookie you got from that seed packet. Seems it takes one acorn cookie to heal and then water the plant.

Last edited by Mia Lightningwillow; 04-30-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:57 AM
Is a Pixie
View Tanglethorn's Photo Album
Tanglethorn's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer Solstice Award 2017 Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 End of the Rainbow Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Autumn 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 50

Tanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A list
Tinker Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris_Waterdew View Post

Iris has bought two flower packets; I was proud to harvest one today (tulips) and was extremely disappointed to find that I couldn't dye them.
So is it just the flowers that aren't dyeable or is everything grown (clothes, furniture) not dyeable?