PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Beyond the Hollow > Way Beyond the Hollow

Way Beyond the Hollow Off Topic Archive Forum

Old Super Bowl Sunday

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Is getting a pony!! : D
View CatLoverFromMars's Photo Album
CatLoverFromMars's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'11 Award Summer 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Make A Wish Award Winter Solstice Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Musical
CatLoverFromMars has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Super Bowl Sunday

Hi,
SO I was just looking at the PHF Calendar,and I saw that this Sunday there is something called " Super Bowl Sunday " , I was wondering if somebody could tellme what it is.
thanks!
~clfm~
Old 02-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Gaming
Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatLoverFromMars View Post
Hi,
SO I was just looking at the PHF Calendar,and I saw that this Sunday there is something called " Super Bowl Sunday " , I was wondering if somebody could tellme what it is.
thanks!
~clfm~
super bowl sunday is the day of the super bowl - it has to do with football in america. it is on a sunday because that is when they have national football games (i think i really don't watch football, my dad does) it will be the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Green Bay Packers. i believe it will be the 45th super bowl (roman numeral XLV) <--yea i don't know my roman numerals.

to put it shortly, it is basically a big football game between the two teams that made it to the super bowl.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:13 PM
very quiet lately
View Rin's Photo Album
Rin's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 59

My Mood: Cheeky
Rin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
I've wondered before what it was exactly, but is it just a game on TV?
I kinda thought people were supposed to go and play a game themselves!
Does it happen every year or is it only certain years like the Olympics?
Old 02-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 

Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
I've wondered before what it was exactly, but is it just a game on TV?
I kinda thought people were supposed to go and play a game themselves!
Does it happen every year or is it only certain years like the Olympics?
it happens every year around this time of year. basically i think what happens is theres a football game against other teams that those teams play against. which ever team wins goes to the super bowl. so like the steelers went against some other people and they won. the green bay packers did the same. so the steelers and green bay packers play against each other in the super bowl. its basically a holiday in the U.S. and a lot of people buy tickets to get seats in the stadium. basically its yea a football game on tv but evidentally a big deal to football fans. whichever team wins gets a super bowl trophy (vince lombardi trophy) for a year so they only get to keep it until the next super bowl (i think) i guess football is a pretty big deal...

i only like the super bowl because i get to eat pizza and eat in the living room for dinner.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:42 PM
very quiet lately
View Rin's Photo Album
Rin's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 59

My Mood: Cheeky
Rin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Thanks for informing me Straw!
I guess my idea was way off! lol
Where I come from we don't do anything like that and American football isn't very popular, but it's nice to know!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
Thanks for informing me Straw!
I guess my idea was way off! lol
Where I come from we don't do anything like that and American football isn't very popular, but it's nice to know!
your welcome rin i didn't know i knew that much about football OR the super bowl.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Hall of Fame
View pixiedust34's Photo Album
pixiedust34's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Bahahaha
pixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queen
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Granted I am not a big Football fan so take this with a grain of salt.

The Super Bowl is the championship game for the National Football League. Basically it determines the Top team for the season. Think of it on the same level as the Play-offs for Pro Baseball, and the Stanley Cup for Pro Hockey.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:46 PM
AKA SuperChic
View Twill Moonsparkle's Photo Album
Twill Moonsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2015 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Caption Contest Participant's Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 4

Twill Moonsparkle has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Confused

Honestly I don't understand the big deal about the super bowl... but then again i don't really get the point of football either. Can someone explain this obsession to football that they have to have a special day for it?
Old 02-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChic View Post
Honestly I don't understand the big deal about the super bowl... but then again i don't really get the point of football either. Can someone explain this obsession to football that they have to have a special day for it?
football is like...the sport in america i really don't know. i actually don't really get the point of it either, but my dad does. i just see it as, "ok heres a brown pointy ball now take it to that side of the field but avoid getting tackled by those guys." <--well actually that's the point of football. the team tries to get the football to their side of the field without getting tackled, or dropping (it happens), or falling, or slipping or basically any interruption on their way to their side of the field. i really don't know if they slip though...it just came to my mind. i think they have a special day for it to determine which NFL (national football league) team is i don't know, really good.

its like that whatchamacallit soccer thing they had last year....FIFA world cup that's it! and those other sports i don't watch...
Old 02-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Is a badge hound fairy
View Violet Merryvale's Photo Album
Violet Merryvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 55

My Mood: Balanced
Violet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
In America the National Football League has 2 different Divisions that cover/divide the nation. At the end of the season, the best playing teams in each division play each other in special games called wildcard games until there is one winner in each division. Then the winners of each division play each other in the special event of the Super Bowl. It has been held for over 40 years and as stated before is like the World Cup Finals in Soccer/Football or the Stanley cup in Ice Hockey.

Many take this game very seriously and special parties are usually held. If you aren't into watching the game, you may still watch the TV for the ads that are shown-often for a million US dollars for a 30 second TV spot. These ads are sometimes premiers that are shown for the first time, but some are shown ONLY during the event never to be seen again. (I am specifically remembering one showing a cat dangling french fries for a little boy to grab. Shown only once and I have never seen it again.)

If any of you follow Baseball, it is the same things as the World Series where 2 division winning teams face off, only they just hold one game in American football and Baseball has best of seven to determine the winner.

It was just after one of the Super Bowl games that a famous player made this line famous.

Reporter: What are you going to do now?

Answer: I am going to Disneyland!

As to listed in the Pixie calendar. Not sure if it was just listed the way a holiday would be or if something is actually planned as a surprise. Fairies wouldn't know about the game and the ball is a bit big for them to play with in Pixie Hollow.

Hope this clears up things for some of you with questions.

VM
Old 02-04-2011, 01:59 AM
AKA SuperChic
View Twill Moonsparkle's Photo Album
Twill Moonsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2015 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Caption Contest Participant's Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 4

Twill Moonsparkle has chosen their Fairy magic
lol Staw, that's a good way of describing football. Unfortunately I still have no idea why people even bother.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChic View Post
lol Staw, that's a good way of describing football. Unfortunately I still have no idea why people even bother.
i guess its funny seeing people fall down and people get piled on by the opposing team.

JUST KIDDING!

its just like how people like other sports and watch a game for that sport. me, i honestly don't care for football. i'm not that much into sports.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:10 AM
go tell The Spartans
View Maps's Photo Album
Maps's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 52

My Mood: Amuzed
Maps is a talented FairyMaps is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Green Bay....

I will seriously be upset if the Steelers win.

In my family sports are a VERY big deal. If our team does bad it is very grim in my house for weeks.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:19 AM
BK
View Miranda_Flora's Photo Album
Miranda_Flora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Spring 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award Book Titler Participant's Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Quiet
Miranda_Flora serves with Captain Hook willingly
Hey, Maps. Did you read that my friend on the Steelers side? Just kidding, but my friend play that team. And also I have a "nice" chat with you.

It funny when I'm a book *think when Maps caring me* Oh well.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:51 AM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maps View Post
Green Bay....

I will seriously be upset if the Steelers win.

In my family sports are a VERY big deal. If our team does bad it is very grim in my house for weeks.
to be honest with you most everyone i know is going for the Steelers.