PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub > Fairy Bookclub Archive

Fairy Bookclub Archive Archive for Fairy Bookclub

Old What Fairy Books Have You Read?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:31 PM
above the clouds! <3
View Dawn Starvale's Photo Album
Dawn Starvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 58

My Mood: Gloomy
Dawn Starvale is a Fast FlyerDawn Starvale is a Fast FlyerDawn Starvale is a Fast FlyerDawn Starvale is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Water Talent
Peter Pan was my first, I also have the complete guide to Pixie Hollow and Tink, Nort of Neverland. I love the artwork, and they stories are quite compelling. =]
Old 03-14-2009, 05:11 AM
Has Animal Talent
View texastinkerbelle's Photo Album
texastinkerbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Curmudgeon
texastinkerbelle is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Animal Talent Water Talent

Here you can find a List of the fairy Books:
disneybooks/disneyfairies

Books For Disney Fairies:

The Great Fairy Race
The Fairy Berry Bake-Off
Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse
Secret Fairy Garden, The
Actual Fairy Size
Visit to the Fairy Glade: Secret Fairy Homes
Tinkering Tink
Tinker Bell's Tea Party
Tink, North of Never Land
The Shell Gift
Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon
Prilla's Prize
Prilla and the Butterfly Lie
Pixie Hollow Pop-Up
Mysterious Messages
Make Your Own Fairies
In the Realm of the Never Fairies: The Secret World of Pixie Hollow
Disney Fairies Grab-it Plus: Tea Stamper Storybook Fun
Disney Fairies 3-Books Collection with Plastic Purse
Beck Beyond the Sea
A Poem for Tink
A Masterpiece for Bess
Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand
Hidden World of Fairies, The
Disney Fairies Midsize Grab-it
Fairies Storybook Activity Play Tea Set
Disney Fairies Grab It Plus Sticker N Color
Disney Fairies Sticker Stories
Disney Fairies Stamper Fun
Disney Fairies Mini Activity Book
Disney Fairies Diary
Tinker Bell
Paper Doll Sċrapbook Port: Fairies
Dulcie's Taste of Magic
Fira and the Full Moon
Lily's Pesky Plant
Flower Fashions
Fairy Lanterns
Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg
The Disappearing Sun
The Trouble With Tink
Vidia and the Fairy Crown

Last edited by Maps; 01-28-2011 at 04:36 AM. Reason: minor adjustment.... irritating font color
Old 03-14-2009, 06:21 AM
Is a badge hound fairy
View Violet Merryvale's Photo Album
Violet Merryvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 55

My Mood: Balanced
Violet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysky View Post
I've only read one or two of them....

But I've grown out of them. =D

How about you?
Okay, so do you mean only the Disney fairy or any fairy books? Also do brownies count?

Disney style just Quest for the Magic Egg and Peter Pan-the original novel.

Fairy in generalwise-the list would be pages long, but includes all the Andrew Lang Fairy Stories (Brown Fairy, Lilac Fairy, etc.), the L. Frank Baum Fairy Stories (Yes, he wrote them along with the OZ books and they are fairy tales), Louisa May Alcott's Fairy stories, all the Gail Carson Levine fairy tales, all the Teri Wilding updated fairy stories, all the Robin McKinley fairy tales and those are just a few of them.

Fly with you-when not reading fairy tales!

VM
Old 03-14-2009, 04:18 PM
knows the muffin man
View Buttercup PollenPuff's Photo Album
Buttercup PollenPuff's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 44

My Mood: Sneezy
Buttercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent
Of the Disney books I have read all of these:
Peter Pan and Wendy
Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens
Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse
Visit to the Fairy Glade: Secret Fairy Homes
Tinkering Tink
Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon
Prilla's Prize
Prilla and the Butterfly Lie
In the Realm of the Never Fairies: The Secret World of Pixie Hollow
A Masterpiece for Bess
Hidden World of Fairies, The
Dulcie's Taste of Magic
Fira and the Full Moon
Lily's Pesky Plant
Flower Fashions
The Trouble With Tink
Vidia and the Fairy Crown

Most of the stories are cute and the artwork is pretty. They are mostly for younger kids so I breezed through most of them fairly quickly. My favorite of these is the Flower Fashions book. I can't wait for spring so I can make some fairy flower dresses!

And if we're talking about other fairy books, I've probably read a million. My favorite being the Flower Fairies books by Cicely Mary Barker. She covers each season and illustrations are top notch
Old 03-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Post Disney and Not so Disney

Wow you have read so many!

Here's my list.

DISNEY FAIRIES

Beck Beyond the Sea
Learn to Draw the Fairies of Pixie Hollow
Secret Fairy Homes
In the Realm of the Never Fairies: Secret World of Pixie Hollow, The
Rani and the Mermaid Lagoon

NOT DISNEY

Gnomes by Rien Poortvliet
Fairies by Brian Froud
Fifty Famous Fairy Tales by Rosemary Kingston

The Brown Fairy Book by Andrew Lang
The Blue Fairy Book by Andrew Lang
The Green Fairy Book by Andrew Lang
The Red Fairy Book by Andrew Lang
The Yellow Fairy Book by Andrew Lang

Sophie the Sapphire Fairy (A Rainbow Magic Book) by Daisy Meadows

-----
Stormy Lightningberry

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 03-20-2009, 01:24 AM
Is a Pixie
View TexasGirl8's Photo Album
TexasGirl8's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Creative
TexasGirl8 has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Yes, I used to read them when they first came out although they are wayy too simple and easy to read now. I stopped reading after the one about whoever it was lying about the butterfly.... *shrugs* I also heard there's a new PH book like the quest for the egg one, is it good? How small?
Old 03-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Arizona on my mind...
View Bug's Photo Album
Bug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 107

My Mood: Purrfect
Bug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
I have read several of the Disney Fairy books. Both Quest books & I am watching on ebay to get the rest of the series like Rani & the Mermaid lagoon etc. I have read 5 of those 12. I read & collect everything fairies so I have the Lanterns book & lanterns hung on my desk, Tink's tea party etc etc... I am a grown up fairy but still love it all even the simple/easy ones. Guess I must live in Neverland cuz I will never grow up!!

Where Dreams Really Do Come True TY Stormy
Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Summer is coming :)
View Sahara Islandheart's Photo Album
Sahara Islandheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Summer 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Double Puzzle Participation Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Artistic
Sahara Islandheart is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Happy

I have read every one of them, multiple times. They are very good books and have such wonderful pictures. i am excited for the newest to come out in May; Iridessa Lost at Sea it is called.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:14 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Post Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl8 View Post
Yes, I used to read them when they first came out although they are wayy too simple and easy to read now. I stopped reading after the one about whoever it was lying about the butterfly.... *shrugs* I also heard there's a new PH book like the quest for the egg one, is it good? How small?
"Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand" is about as good as "Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg", and about the same size and number of pages. Both of them are more involved than the little books, and the art style is a little different than the little books.

Stormy

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)

Last edited by StormyLightningberry; 04-15-2009 at 06:15 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-20-2009, 02:00 AM
Is a Pixie
View Neverheart's Photo Album
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Procastinating
Neverheart is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Hehe, Stormy, I have the Yellow Fairy Book too. It is a wonderful collection.
I've read Peter Pan in Scarlet, Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg, and Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand. I still have yet to read the first Peter Pan. They have it at my library, but I think the book is too big and clunky. I'd like a small version that I can carry in my pocket. The little Disney Fairy books...they aren't nearly as good as Ms. Levine's books. I read a little bit of Beck and the Great Berry Battle...not so good.

-Never
Old 01-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Writing-Talent Fairy
View Elva Wildleaf's Photo Album
Elva Wildleaf's Fairy
My Mood: Bouncy
Elva Wildleaf has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I've read about half of Peter Pan In Scarlet, and all of Peter Pan, Fairy Dust and the Quest For the Egg, and Fairy Haven and the Quest For the Wand.

Actually, the whole reason I'm even on Pixie Hollow is because I just HAD to read all of G.C. Levine's books, so one thing led to another...

The reason I've only read half of Peter Pan in Scarlet is because it was sitting on my friend's 'Library Checkouts' bookshelf and I got tired of staring at my Earth Science homework. I'll take a Peter Pan/Fairies book over sea salinity and selenite fracturing any day!

:PineNeed les:

-Elva
Old 01-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Hall of Fame
View pixiedust34's Photo Album
pixiedust34's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Bahahaha
pixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queen
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I have read Fairy Dust and the Quest for the egg, and I think all of the Chapter books available in the US. I wanted to read Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand, but it was not avaiable in my local bookstore, so no luck there.

I liked most of them, but Beck beyond the Sea and Rosetta's Daring Day were not my favorites, I just didn't like the portrayal of some of the fairies in those books.

Click the image to view the full version
Old 02-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Fairy
View TyraNightmuse's Photo Album
TyraNightmuse's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2012 Solstice Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Ticklish
TyraNightmuse has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I've only read the Fairies books for kids, but I downloaded Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand as an audiobook for my iPod Touch, so I can have something nice to listen to at work while the guys there blare their loud music throughout the kitchen. I am trying to get Levines first Fairy book soon tho.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:20 AM
Summer is coming :)
View Sahara Islandheart's Photo Album
Sahara Islandheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Summer 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Double Puzzle Participation Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Artistic
Sahara Islandheart is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
I have read all the disney fairy books. I also recently finished a book called "Faery Rebels" it was surprisingly very good, I didnt expect it to be. It is sort of like disney fairies; they all live in a tree; aside from the fact there are very few fairies left, and only female ones at that!
Old 02-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Is a Pixie
View NutmegMoonblossom's Photo Album
NutmegMoonblossom's Fairy
My Mood: fairyish
NutmegMoonblossom has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I have been buying the chapter books for my daughter. I read them once and she reads them over and over. I think the stories are cute, she finds them hilarious. I think we have all but the last two now (the one that came out in January, and one still to come out in May). The fairies do sometimes act out of their established character, but maybe that just helps point out the fact that everybody has days when they are not at their best.
Our favorite scene is in "Fawn and the Mysterious Trickster," when Fawn pretends to be another fairy's reflection, then reaches through the frame and honks her nose.