PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old What is your favorite book?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:27 PM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
It's hard to pick just one! I def. love the Harry Potter series. No other book has ever taken me into their world like the Harry Potter books did.

I also love the book 'The Giver' and The Diary of a Young Girl.

Last edited by Maps; 01-28-2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: removed irritating font color
Old 08-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Gaming
Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
i dont have A favorite book but i have some favorite books:

the outsiders (by s.e. hinton)
catcher in the rye
diary of a wimpy kid series
tom sawyer
the math books by danica mckellar (i no it sounds like im a nerd when i say "math books" but im not the best person at math and the books r helping me get my math grades up)
every soul a star (by wendy mass, its a very good book i'd recommend it to anyone!)
pride and prejudice
oliver twist

thats all i can think of at the moment. u can see some of the books r classics. i like classy books; to my point of view alot of the books back then were way better than the books now. i would recommend all these books to anyone but if u arent the kind of person to read something with alot of pages, maybe u can read it another time. most of these books r really good; but they r all good to me.

Last edited by Straw; 05-29-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Haru-chan!!!
View PandaStripe's Photo Album
PandaStripe's Fairy
Awards Showcase
PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Which Disney Character Participant's Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Participant Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Boo!
PandaStripe has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
My faves are

Diary of a wimpy kid
Warriors by erin hunter (Yea theres 2 warriors sieries) (Theyre making a movie next year or 2012!!!)
Harry potter
The 39 clues
Black beauty
And Around the world in 80 days
My fave childrens book is eather
The easter ribbit (Lol easter!)
Or The lorax (Theyre making that a movie!)
Old 08-29-2010, 02:18 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Happy Acting, Science, and Writing talent? Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw View Post
i dont have A favorite book but i have some favorite books:

the math books by danica mckellar (...im not the best person at math and the books r helping me get my math grades up)

I like Danica McKellar too. She is an acting talent fairy and a science talent fairy.
So she is a writing talent fairy too? Awesome!

Stormy

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 08-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Gaming
Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry View Post
I like Danica McKellar too. She is an acting talent fairy and a science talent fairy.
So she is a writing talent fairy too? Awesome!

Stormy
yup! she writes books about math and makes it seem easy. u can find her books in barnes and noble. her 3rd book just came out. the only time i heard of danica mckellar was wen ppl started talking about the tv show she was in. even though i wasnt born wen they made the show ppl started saying that i looked exactly like her wen she was younger. i must say i do kinda look like her
Old 09-18-2010, 11:56 PM
March 23 :)
View Kyra's Photo Album
Kyra's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valenpixie's Day Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Dopey
Kyra has disabled reputation
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
My first favorite is No Place For Magic by E.D. Baker and i love the Narnia series.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:26 AM
NOT a care bear....
View Lotuspuppy's Photo Album
Lotuspuppy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2015 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Spring 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Creative
Lotuspuppy is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishFencer View Post
Now I want to know everyone's favorite book, it can be anything,
Well, here are Das Pup's faves, in no particular order...

Children's books:

-The Harry Potter series (up until the last couple where it became JK Rowling's goal to wipe out as many cool characters as she could...)
-Disney Fairies Series (My Favorite being 'Rosetta's Daring Day'.)
-The Unfortunate Events series by Lemony Snickett
-Winnie-ther-Pooh collection by AA Milne
- Narnia series by CS Lewis
- The Bella Sara series (my favorite being 'Thunder's Courage')
-Fairytales by Hans Christian Anderson
-Anne of Green Gables series

Adult and/or Teen Fiction

-Everything EVER by HP Lovecraft (particularly 'The Shadow Over Innsmouth')
-World of Warcraft: Lord of the Clans
Rise of the Lich King
-The Sherlock Holmes series by A.C. Doyle
-most of the works of Jane Austen
-most of the horror stories of Edgar Allen Poe

There are about a million more but those are the ones I could spiel out off the top of my noggin.

Puppy

Last edited by Maps; 01-28-2011 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Non G/Controversial/edit quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:58 AM
I miss ya'll!
View arianna's Photo Album
arianna's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Spring 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Book Titler Participant's Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Make A Wish Award Winter Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 30

My Mood: Magical
arianna is a wiz at Fairy Tagarianna is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
I can't decide, because I like books.

- Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand
- Tink North of Neverland
- Quest For The Egg (i dont exactly know the whole title)
- Twilight Saga Books
Old 10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Believe in Miracles!
View Lark's Photo Album
Lark's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 74

My Mood: Pixieish
Lark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Wow - I love to read so much - it is part of my day, everyday. My family has always had a library with thousands of books so as I grew up I could go anywhere my imagination and a good book would take me. To that end, I could never pick just one favorite but there have been some definate front runners.

Children/Young Adult
Miss Bianca (Margery Sharp) - this is book that inspired "The Rescuers"
The Ramona and Beezus series
The Great Brain series
The Harry Potter series
The works of the Bronte sisters (Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre...)
The works of Mark Twain (Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn, Prince and the Pauper...)
The works of Edgar Allan Poe (The Pit and the Pendulum, The Cask of Amonbilllado...)
Lorna Doone (RD Blackmore)
The works of William Shakespeare (where do you start? The Taming of the Shrew, Midsummer's Night Dream, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet...)
The works of Charles D`ickens (Christmas Carol, Oliver Twist, Tale of Two Cities...)
The poetry of Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Robert Browning, John Keats, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Homer, Lord George Gordon Byron, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Shel Silverstein, Dr Suess and so many more...

Adult
I truly love history and really appreciate good historic "faction" authors but love almost all genre's of good writing.

The works of CJ Sansom (Heartstone, Dissolution, Sovereign, Revelation...)
The works of Ariana Franklin (Mistress of the Dark Arts, Grave Goods, Assasin's Prayer)
The works of Jean Plaidy (Heart of the Lion, Widow of Windsor, Plantagenet Prelude, Murder Most Royal...)
The works of Alison Weir (Mistress of the Monarchy, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Innocent Traitor, War of the Roses...)
The more historical works of Anne Rice (Feast of All Saints, Angel Time, Cry to Heaven, Witching Hour...)
The works of Rosamunde Pilcher (Shellseakers, End of Summer, Snow in April...)
The works of Edward Rutherfurd (Sarum, London, The Forest, New York, Russka, Dublin...)
The Tudors - Richard Rex
The works of TR Pearson (A Short History of a Small Place, Off For the Sweet Here After, Call and Response...)
The works of Elizabeth Von Arnim (Enchanted April, Love, Solitary Summer...)
The works of Gregory Maguire (Wicked, Lion Among Men, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister...)

I won't even try to list all plays I've loved or the Greek and Roman myths, the fairytales,... but well you get the picture. I really don't love everybook I touch - believe me I've read a couple lately that were a waste of good paper and ink (as well as my time) - but I do love so many I could never pick a single favorite.

Right now I am reading Elizabeth the Great by Elizabeth Jenkins and it is very well done...

This was my favorite thread so far. Thank you for starting it Irishfencer!

-Lark

Last edited by Maps; 01-28-2011 at 04:03 AM. Reason: removed accidental stars
Old 11-27-2010, 11:12 PM
is a Light-Talent Master
View Gardenia's Photo Album
Gardenia's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'11 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Design A Costume Participant's Award Summer 2011 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Mega Donation Award Pixie Parade Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 30

My Mood: Birthday
Gardenia is a wiz at Fairy TagGardenia is a wiz at Fairy TagGardenia is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Wow, so many great books out there, so little time to read every single one! I have loved reading since I was young and have read lots of wonderful books since then. My bookshelf would always have hundreds of books on it and I would read one every night - perfect way to end a day. Some of my favorites that I've read in my times would be the Warriors by Erin Hunter, and the classic Disney Fairies books by Gail Carlson Levine. I have read many others but these are definitely my all time favorites.

Last edited by Gardenia; 01-09-2011 at 03:12 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Is a Pixie
View EveCottonlace's Photo Album
EveCottonlace's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'11 Award Spring 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Summer 2010 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Winter Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: Artistic
EveCottonlace has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I love the Fablehaven series, as well as the Twilight series, the Inheritance series, and the Inkheart series. I love reading! YAY! My favorite genre is fiction and fantasy. My favorite book in the Inheritance series is Eldest; Twilight, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn; Fablehaven, all of them! I also love Jacquelyn Wilson books (my favorites are Midnight, Candyfloss, and My Sister Jodie). I also love Lauren Myracle books (the Internet Girls series is my fave)!

Last edited by EveCottonlace; 12-21-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:45 AM
Too much homework :(
View SilverCandleshadow's Photo Album
SilverCandleshadow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valenpixie Day Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award Talent Pride Participant's Award Winter Solstice Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Design a Potion Participation's Award Design A Shop Participant's Award Autumn 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Happyy
SilverCandleshadow is a talented FairySilverCandleshadow is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent
I have read most of the Lois Lowry books and I love them all
The Giver, Gathering Blue and Messanger are all part of one series. I didn't realize until I got to the part in Messenger when Leader said he came on a red sled. Then I read Gathering Blue and I started crying! For the record, I knew Jamison was bad all along. I also love A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle.

Last edited by Maps; 03-24-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: language
Old 12-22-2010, 07:34 AM
aka Ginkgo♥
View Ginkgo's Photo Album
Ginkgo's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Klingon Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award Autumn 2011 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award EKB Day Award 
Total Awards: 35

My Mood: Amuzed
Ginkgo is a Fast FlyerGinkgo is a Fast FlyerGinkgo is a Fast FlyerGinkgo is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
twilight saga
the host
shopahoclic series
House of night series
Old 03-14-2011, 03:04 AM
Is a Pixie
View NeverWish's Photo Album
NeverWish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Nerdy
NeverWish has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Oh golly, books! I absolutely love reading. I feel a bit like the odd one out here, though. I don't like the Twilight series at all. (And yes, I have read them. I'm not just a random hater.)

My favorite book of all time is To Kill a Mockingbird. Attics Finch is my hero, I try really hard to model myself after him. See the good in everyone, treat even the people you don't like with respect, and do the right thing, even if everyone else thinks otherwise.

I also love Catcher in the Rye (any anything else written by J.D. Salinger), 1984, Animal Farm, Lolita, The Elegance of the Hedgehog... I could go on and on. And of course the Harry Potter series. Harry Potter was the first book I ever loved. Now I tend to lean a bit more towards "classics", but really I'll read (almost) anything.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 PM
I miss PH & PHF
View Primrosesweet's Photo Album
Primrosesweet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Create A New Holiday Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017  
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Quiet
Primrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Books... there are so many that i like!
but some of my main ones are...
The Faerie Path: by Frewin Jones. Love it! But my favorite book of that series is the first one.
Then,
Dragon Slippers, Dragon Flight, Dragon Spear: by Jessica Day George: those are good and about dragons!
Also,
LOTR's aka lord of the rings. I have read the entire series twice, which I call quite a feat. (My sister fell asleep while reading some of that series! Shocking!)
There are probably more, but it would take to long to write...