PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars

Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars Movie Production, Artwork, Animations, Sounds and other creative things to do with Pixie Hollow and Disney.

Old Create a Tailor-made Pixie Outfit Contest

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Hmmm... there are lots of strong competitors line up. I really enjoy in seeing your entries, everyone (you're all really creative, wow) . Wish you're all a great luck!(I especially adore Popcorn, Night Wish, and Lily entries). I cannot wait to see the winners of the contest.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:10 PM
loves to fly!
View ella_roseplume's Photo Album
ella_roseplume's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Create A Talent Award Autumn 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Thankful Award Riddle Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Pixieish
ella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Heart

I designed my outfit a while ago, but never submitted it because I wanted to make some touch ups. I didn't get a chance to add them, but I'm so glad the contest has been extended so I can still share what I came up with. I drew the shoes from scratch and made everything else out of photos of flowers, and even "dyed" them PH colors.

What a flaptastic contest!

This is outfit great is for fairy fashionistas with a taste for chic mainland styles. It would look perfect at a dinner party with friends or an evening performance at Fairy Tale Theater.

The sheath top and flouncy skirt are both made from delicate white rose petals, with the skirt dyed coffee black. The necklace and clutch are decorated with teeny tiny baby's breath blossoms in bold colors: robin egg blue and primerose pink. The look is completed with a classic headband and platform booties made from tree bark and a kind of moss that mimics suede.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:55 PM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Thanks for extending the deadline again, Onionleaf! Sorry I didn't enter earlier, I was trying my hand at making it digitally using a graphic-making program. It didn't work out so well at first, so it took me a while.
Great designs, everyone! Good luck.

My design is meant for a pixie to wear at the Garden Tea Party, though it would also be fine for any party/semi-formal occasion. It's a knee-length bubble dress made out of violet petals, with a belt of small purple rosebuds. The shoes are inspired by ballet slippers, made using violet petals and dyed meadow grass laces. They also have tiny purple rosebuds at the tips. The outfit comes with a flower crown, of purple roses and lavenders.
The current design comes in Berry Purple , with Pale Purple for the rosebud decorations, but it can be dyed in shades of blue, pink, yellow and green.

Click the image to view the full version

Last edited by Blaze_of_Glory; 12-05-2015 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Can I just say how happy you pixie pals have made me? I am truly thankful for all of you taking the time to enter this contest. I can assure you that this will be a challenge for the judges to mark your entries, but oh-so fun too.

If there is anyone else still needing more time, please let me know so that I'll be aware of it.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 12-06-2015, 04:13 AM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
I drew this for a Pixie Hollow contest, but a Snowflake-inspired outfit won.
I call it Holly Daze (pun on Holidays). Both Fairy and Sparrowman outfit are made from holly leaves, holly wood (no, not THAT Hollywood), and holly berries. It sounds a bit scratchy, but the tailor-talents use caterpillar silk and fluff for the lining. Holly berries are used to dye the spider silk fairy skirt and sparrowman shirt. The sturdy shoes and belt are made from the holly plant's wood; and you can't have a fairy clothes collection without an acorn hat - the sparrowman's is adorned with little holly berries.

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date! When I saw this contest I really wanted to enter it with this ensemble, but I didn't know what I did with the actual drawing OR the picture I took of it. I found it by accident, but then I lost it and just re-found it today. Am I too late to enter?
Old 12-06-2015, 09:21 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira110 View Post
I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date! When I saw this contest I really wanted to enter it with this ensemble, but I didn't know what I did with the actual drawing OR the picture I took of it. I found it by accident, but then I lost it and just re-found it today. Am I too late to enter?
So glad to hear that you managed to find your entry in the end, it's perfect for this contest as well. It's all right, the contest isn't closed yet, there will still be time until I finish working on the participation prizes. I wanted to make a start on them a few days ago, but there were too many things on my immediate to-do list this weekend, so... that will surely extend the deadline a bit more.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Hmm... Onion, sorry if I sound impatient but I just wondering when the winners will be announched? Thanks.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:15 PM
Fly with you!
View Tiramisu's Photo Album
Tiramisu's Fairy
Awards Showcase
First Day of Spring Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day New Years Eve 2016 PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Fairy Feast Award Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: LiveChat
Tiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magic
Light Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
This is such a fabulous idea for a contest Onionleaf. It really brings back some pixie magic and what fairy doesn't like thinking about new clothing ideas? I just finished going through all of them that are posted and all I can say is wow. Everyone really put themselves into their designs and descriptions, and they were all so different and nifty. In my mind everyone won. Smores for all!

I couldn't help but do a design just for the fun of it. It is done with cotton puffs, twigs, leaves, and ivy here and there, and a twisted ivy belt. Everything was sketched in the application Sketchbook with my bamboo tablet.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyce Natalie View Post
Hmm... Onion, sorry if I sound impatient but I just wondering when the winners will be announched? Thanks.
Good question! Erm... as the contest is still open for entries, I'd say we'll leave it that way until Thursday or Friday, with hopefully all/most of the prizes prepared over the weekend. I wouldn't want to pressure my lovely judges & prize makers to do a rush job, you all deserve a treat for the hard work you've put into your outfits. But, we'll do our best to get everything organised for you all as quickly as we can for the beginning of next week.

As always, thank you for your pixie patience! Remember, there is still some time this week to add some last-minute entries.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:51 PM
🔨💚✨Ꭾɾoʋɗ❤Ꭲɪɴκϵʀ✨💚 🔨
View Lily Snowfleck's Photo Album
Lily Snowfleck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Arcade Participants Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Happy
Lily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dust
Tinker Talent Light Talent Water Talent
I should have mentioned this a lot earlier, but I forgot due to my absent-mindedness... But am I the only one that can't see Twilight's outfit? I'm also having trouble with seeing Sapphira's...

About all of the entries I can see, though, I can't help myself and keep looking through them on this thread over and over again... Because all of them are so amazing! Makes me wonder how PHF managed to gather so many pixies with such creativity and talent!

This gorgeous siggy was made by Ruby! Thank you so much!
Old 12-07-2015, 08:41 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Snowfleck View Post
I should have mentioned this a lot earlier, but I forgot due to my absent-mindedness... But am I the only one that can't see Twilight's outfit? I'm also having trouble with seeing Sapphira's...

About all of the entries I can see, though, I can't help myself and keep looking through them on this thread over and over again... Because all of them are so amazing! Makes me wonder how PHF managed to gather so many pixies with such creativity and talent!
Mine is in a private album, and I just noticed that we are friends on here.
So I just sent you a request, then you should be able to see mine. Sapphira might be the same.

~Twi
Old 12-08-2015, 12:29 AM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Mine is hosted on a site that sometimes doesn't work, I noticed that it seems to stop working at the first 10 minutes of every new hour. Very odd. I should probably find a new place to host my pictures, but I don't know of any good ones. I only know of Photo Bucket, and they have a lot of rules, like deleting pictures after a period of time.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:08 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

@Sapphira: You could have a look at the Gallery over at our sister site MMOCentralForums. I don't quite remember how much free space is given for users, but it should be pretty useful for hosting images. I haven't had any troubles with Photobucket before, I did not even know that they delete images, I've never had that happen to me.

Well, as so many of us shared an outfit idea, I couldn't help but join in on the fun too. (The judges can ignore this one, lol)

I simply adore the new dianthuses we bought recently, and they're looking more and more beautiful every day. I realise that a Dianthus outfit was already released in the game, but I wanted to create my own design as well. I really like its leaves so I wanted to incorporate them into the design.

It's a bit of a rush job (not nearly as detailed as the outfits I have seen here) nor is it particularly original (as the skirt looks much like the Euphorbia Skirt), but I hope you'll like it anyway!

The top is made of layered dianthus petals, going from the top down. Each petal is sewn onto a "corset" of woven meadow grass and spider silk so it will keep its shape while being very light and airy on the outside, so the petal layers would ruffle in the wind. The middle star shape though, is the original shape of the centre of a dianthus flower, so the petals at the chest is actually one whole flower wrapped around the body. For the colors I chose Rosy Pink and, surprise surprise, Dianthus Red, but any other white, red and pink color combinations would work just as well.

The skirt is made up of dianthus leaves - I did my best to show their shape, but they are actually much more sharper and more elegant than the ones on my drawing. They are strong and flexible, so it's possible to layer them so that they stick out to the sides, just like they do when they're growing. These leaves are always bright and cheerful, so colors like Springtime or Grasshopper Green are the perfect choice.

The shoes are made out of dianthus leaves woven together. As I've mentioned already, the leaves can hold their shape well so they should be strong enough to be made into slippers. The little decoration at the top of the slippers comes from the centre of the flower.

Finally, the headpiece is made from a flower just beginning to bud. The dianthus flower unwraps its petals very beautifully so looks much like a rose but with a quirky personality.

Overall, this outfit is for the spring and summer seasons as the light layers and open shoulder top will cool a fairy down.

And finally, here is what inspired my drawing:

flowers.jpg

Old 12-10-2015, 05:47 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Time sure likes to tick away quickly... If there's anyone still working on an entry please let me know by tomorrow evening, otherwise us judges will start tying all the loose ends and getting back to you all with the results as quickly as possible. Try not to fall off the edge of your seats when waiting in anticipation.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Always learning!
View Book Thing's Photo Album
Book Thing's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 
Total Awards: 150

My Mood: Wishful
Book Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Thank you again for hosting this contest, Alexia! And thanks to Tiramisu, and Twilight, and everyone else who helped and participated! I absolutely love these kinds of contests, because I just adore admiring all the amazing creations you talented pixies share. I wish everyone the best of luck! I also had a ton of fun designing my own outfit, and I'm so, so grateful that I was able to join!

Ruby created this outfit for Hazel Brightsparkle to wear during their great adventures together, and it was especially designed for exploring the Mainland in autumn. Inspired by the oak trees surrounding her knothole nest and the unique shape of their leaves, Ruby made a coat highlighting the natural beauty of her favourite tree. The oak leaf coat is covered with the softest cotton fibres from Cottonpuff Field, sewn on with gossamer and dyed an original rich yellow colour between marigold yellow and fairygold yellow dye. Because of the outfit's practical uses on the Mainland, Ruby aimed to find a hue that was both vibrant and naturally perfect for hiding among the autumn-tinted foliage. The coat's buttons are fashioned from miniature acorn caps, and the massive oak leaf collar is purposed to make a bold statement while still blending in with the trees when traversing the Mainland. Since Hazel often uses the nearest branch or rock as a writing desk, Ruby stitched on thick oak leaf elbow patches to endure even the most vigorous note-taking, and the wide and sturdy pocket is meant to hold Hazel's leaf journal and pencil. To knit the turtleneck sweater, Ruby spun yarn from the rabbit hairs Hazel collected when she helped Ruby groom the bunnies. Since Ruby was completely enthralled by the curious name of the fisherman's rib stitch when she read about it in a Mainland knitting book, she used a simplified fairy-version of the pattern to knit the sweater, and then she dyed it a dark pomegranate purple to go with the coat's deep yellow. Although simple, the sweater includes a small breast pocket for storing precious findings. The pants are made from the leaves of the resilient winter shrub, the Nepalese paper plant. Its strong, leathery leaves are ideal for cold travels and other undertakings. To complement the rich yellow coat and the natural shades of autumn, Ruby used a dark chocolate brown dye for the pants. The oak leaf boots are secured with thin stems from an ivy bunch, and they are tipped with the strong surface of an acorn shell, so they were designed for the most unexpected wayfaring experiences. Paired with the smokey grey rabbit hair socks, which feature the same fisherman's rib pattern as the sweater, the boots are incredibly comfortable and cozy. Although not pictured, this adventuring outfit is completed with a flat acorn shoulder purse, suspended with intertwined, leafless ivy vines. To emphasize the gorgeous texture of the acorn cap and to add a touch of creativity, Ruby painted an original work of art on the cap with bright autumn pigments.

~Ruby.

Thank you, Hazel ♥