PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Neverland Narrative

Neverland Narrative Join in and never grow up. RPG Forum

Old A Pirate and Mermaid RP

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:12 PM
Lemon Queen
View Lemonyfairy44's Photo Album
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter Treat Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood: Annoyed
Lemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the Queen
Garden Talent
I think Zora having a protective father would really work well into her background and personality. It adds something to the character. Nikolai having fire powers I think we could work a really good back story into his powers. The mermaids may actually have some trouble. Savage Storm is a great name for the ship
Old 05-17-2015, 09:11 PM
Listening to LET IT GO!:D
View xXKitty_LunaXx's Photo Album
xXKitty_LunaXx's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 33

My Mood: Exasperated
xXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent
Heart

Aurelia

(Wow! Everybody's posts are so good! BTW, Cassia isn't one of my characters, I just needed a minor one.)
I smiled, looking not at my birthday guests, but at the presents.
"Thank you everyone!" I smiled, trying to show a hint of thankfulness.
They nodded, and quickly evacuated my house.
I went through the presents as fast as I could, throwing things I didn't need at the moment onto my bed.
"Dear, Cassia's birthday is today as well! Isn't that ironic?" My mother clapped her hands and shooed me out the door.
"So? Why should I ca-"
"Go tell her 'Happy Birthday'!" My mother gave me a good shove then shut the door.
Cassia was one of our neighbors, and someone who I viewed as competition.
She wasn't like me at all, except for the fact that she was extremely wealthy.
She was kind and thankful, and once or twice people had called me the opposite of her.
I just rolled my eyes at them.
But Cassia was still competition in my eyes.
She had a bigger house, more jewelry, and more riches.
I reluctantly swam up to the door and knocked.
Her mother answered, and I peeked inside.
Cassia was thanking guests for her presents.
I then took a good count, and there were definitely more gifts than I had received.
I then took a good look at Cassia, and saw she had the same seaweed cover-up as me.
I almost wanted to roll my eyes, but I couldn't deny she had found a way to make it look better on her.
"Did you need something?" I snapped back to reality and shook my head, quickly swimming away.
*Later that night~
"You can't leave!" My mother looked at me in horror.
"I have to, mother!"
"Aurelia, you listen to your mother! You're not leaving!" My father yelled.
I couldn't explain it, but ever since I had received my gifts, and saw how many Cassia had, I wanted more.
I had done a little research after I left Cassia's and figured out that an island called Zuzela was said to be extremely wealthy in some way.
"I'm leaving,"
"And you can't stop me!" I swam out, slamming the door behind me.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:14 PM
Lemon Queen
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter Treat Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award 

Lemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the Queen
Garden Talent
Shelly's point of view
Here in the waters of Zuzela island life was good. We lived in the waters of a certain part of the island. Away from the mer people protecting the islands treasures. I was inside my little cave cove trying to find my sea shell brush, but it had appeared to disappear over the course of the last few days. If anyone came in here and stole they would surely perish. " Whoever stole this will perish " I yelled jokingly. While doing a few defense moves. I swam out of my home when I saw another mermaid Aurelia swim on by from the looks of it she seemed rather upset.

( I think we need to work on a mermaid leader who assigns the mermaids to guard the treasures and ward off the pirates from the island, and work on making the pirate Captain and introducing the crew to one another )
Old 05-18-2015, 03:50 AM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Lemony, that's fine by me. What kind of "test" will the captain give to Pearl, exactly?

Great posts everyone!

Could Marina be a leader? Not the person who assigns merfolk to their posts protecting the island, but just someone who is a bit more experienced, that others look to for advice/instruction? If you guys don't want that, I can change this post.

"A human ship up ahead!" One of my friends was calling out, during our daily patrol. About time, too. I was already getting bored with the lack of activity, and had slipped into a daydream about going exploring past the coral reefs.
"Marina, can you take care of it?" Another mermaid asked me.
"On it!" I replied, diving into the water. That was the purpose of me being here - of all of us in the Mer Guard being here. To protect our island from humans who would seek to take over it, and steal all of its treasures.
I swam up just behind the human ship, then rose above the surface.

As soon as my head cleared the water, I began to speak, putting a soft, sing-song quality into my voice. As a siren, my power lay in my singing voice, which could act as a sort of compulsion.

This way...Come this way...
Follow my voice...
Come with me...

I waited. Sure enough, before long, the ship began to change course, drifting right towards me. I dived again, swam a little ways away, then began to speak in that sing-song voice again, luring the sailors in the opposite direction from Zuzela.
When I was satisfied that I had the humans turned about enough that they wouldn't be able to find their way back, I dived again, and swam quickly back in the direction I'd come from.
When I was approaching Zuzela Island, I saw the hull of another ship looming up on the horizon. I opened my mouth to sing again.
The ship seemed to hesitate, but it didn't stay from its original course. I sighed.

My power wasn't exactly mind control. It also wasn't all-powerful, not by far. It affected different humans to different degrees - depending on how strong-willed the human was, how badly I wanted to control them, and how partial he/she was to the sound of music.
For this one, I would need some backup.

"Heads up!" I called out to the team. "There's a ship that's not responding to my song. We're going to need somebody with wind power, to blow them off course."
"Or we could just create a giant wave, sink the ship," a mermaid who controlled water suggested.
I set my jaw. "No. We will not harm the humans, unless it is absolutely necessary."
I've always felt compassion towards them. It wasn't always their fault - many ships weren't looking for Zuzela or its riches at all; they just happened to be sailing by. I didn't believe in hurting others senselessly.

"But Marina, you know what they would do to our island, should they ever discover it," a merman reminded me. "They would stop at nothing to exploit its riches. They'll destroy everything."
"I know," I replied. "But if we sink their ship, it makes us as bad as they are. Now, does anyone here have wind power and will be willing to use it? Or maybe animal? We could ask the creatures of the sea for help."

I could tell that the pirate girl was smirking at me all the way to her ship. She obviously didn't think my chances of impressing the captain were high.
I'd show her. I hadn't come all this way just to give up now, when the adventure of a lifetime was so close to being mine.
I carried the girl's supplies without a word of complaint, though she looked rather self-satisfied at making me do this. On my part, I knew I couldn't afford to make an enemy out of her so soon, so I carried her stuff without protest. I refused to give her the pleasure of seeing me nervous, however, so I walked with my head held high, not showing a trace of uncertainty.

She led me to a ship moored at the docks called the Savage Storm.
"Thanks for bringing me here," I said politely. No reason to be rude, though she obviously wasn't keen on making me feel welcome. "So, what's your name, anyway?"
The girl snorted. "Good luck," was all she said. The unspoken "you'll need it" hung in the air between us, just as she no doubt intended.
I walked up the deck of the ship. Some of the pirates looked up from their work curiously, knowing me to be a stranger. I put down the supplies that I had been carrying for the pirate girl.

"My name is Pearl Merrick," I announced. "I heard that you were looking for a navigator and scout."
Technically, the girl never actually said that... But hey, she didn't not say it either.
"You heard that, eh?" A man walked past a group of pirates standing on the deck. I knew him immediately to be the captain, judging by his outfit and the way he carried himself.
"Yes. I'd like to join your crew, on your quest to find Zuzela Island." I replied.

"Would you, now." The captain chuckled. "Well, anyone who wants to join this crew will have to pass... The Test."

(I'm changing Marina's forms a bit. Also, if anyone wants to introduce themselves to either of my characters, that'd be nice. )

Thank you Stormy and Alyce!

Last edited by Blaze_of_Glory; 05-18-2015 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:44 PM
Listening to LET IT GO!:D
View xXKitty_LunaXx's Photo Album
xXKitty_LunaXx's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 33

My Mood: Exasperated
xXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent
Heart

Aurelia
It didn't take much of a swim to get to Zuzela, it was rather close.
I saw a mermaid doing some sort of defense move, and my face quickly brightened.
If I was going to get my hands on any treasure, then I'd surely have to befriend someone on this island. Better yet, a guard(Sorry if you're not a guard, Lemony! I'm just assuming).
I grinned and put on the nicest face I possibly could.
I swam up to her and looked at her as if I was almost too happy.
"Hi, I'm Aurelia!" I smirked.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:11 PM
Lemon Queen
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Garden Talent
I was actually going to wait for the mermaids to see the ship. Not all pirates have been introduced and the ship hasn't left the harbor. Perhaps the ship Mariana sees is a different ship.

Sure Aurelia can befriend a guard, but Shelly ( my mermaid ) doesn't become a guard until the mermaid leader assigns a few mermaids to guard the island.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:47 PM
Is in my comfy place
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 

Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
The ship Marina saw wasn't our pirates'. It was just a random ship. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Lemony, did you see my question? I wanted to know what kind of test the captain was going to give Pearl.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:06 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent

I sauntered up the plank, with a relaxed and confident state. The captain was obviously going to pick me to be his first meet on this "dangerous" journey. Why, I was the best apprentice there was! No pirate other could beat me, the girls swooned, the crews' eyes green with jealo-
I had bumped into a girl with piercing green eyes and wavy black hair. I was dazed but then scowled in annoyance from her disturbing my vibe. I turned on my gentlemanly behavior.
"Sorry, m'lady. Didn't see you there," I winked at her, although she looked at me with complete confusion and disgust. Ah, I thought, she's probably looking at my eyes. My eyes were two different colours, my right eye a clear white and my left, a bold red. No one knew how or why I had them. As a child my father would sail me everywhere looking for a doctor with a cure. But none knew why.
"Don't worry babe, I'm not evil," I chucked and she looked at me even stranger. She then shook her head and tried to move around me.
"Uh uh uh," I said blocking her with my arm. She looked alarmed. "Well, I don't make it a point to talk to people much, and when I do, I want to become acquainted." She relaxed.
"Oh, okay then," She said. "You go first."
"Of course, I am Nikolai."
"Hello, Nikolai. I'm Zora, Zora Ivanoff."
"Iva-Ivanoff?" I stumbled.
"Yes...?" She looked at me confused again.
"I'm Nikolai."
"I know you just told me two-" I interrupted her.
"No, I'm Nikolai Ivanoff."

(Do you like this plot twist? And would anyone like to interact with my characters?)
Old 05-18-2015, 11:08 PM
Lemon Queen
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Garden Talent
Well there will actually be two test. The first one is a test just for laughs. The first test involves Pearl doing really weird things like trying to tame a lobster and properly cracking eggs in the "most perfect manor". The second test is sword skills, and navigational skills to make sure she knows what she is doing.

Jenny are your two characters long lost relatives?

Maybe Marie could interact with Zora and Nikolai.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:51 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
I'm guessing it's too late to join?
Old 05-18-2015, 11:58 PM
Lemon Queen
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Garden Talent
Nope never to late to join! We can always add characters into the story! And we can always give recaps!
Old 05-19-2015, 12:27 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 

Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Alright! I'd love to join! Gotta create my OC's first.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:03 AM
Is in my comfy place
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Lol! Okay thanks Lemony, I'll post the "test" scene soon.
Cool plot twist, Jenny. Zora or Nikolai can talk to Pearl too if they want.
Welcome, Alexa!

P.S. Out of curiosity, is the purpose of the first test just to make the crew laugh at the new girl?

Old 05-19-2015, 03:58 AM
Lemon Queen
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Garden Talent
A little bit. The purpose of the first test is just for a laugh. She must tame Mr. Pincher the lobster than she must prepare the eggs by cracking them "in the most perfect way" the only way. And some other things that make no sense. This should be a very humorous scene.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:38 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Would it be possible to create a mermaid with dark powers? Like... a sea witch?