PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Neverland Narrative

Neverland Narrative Join in and never grow up. RPG Forum

Old Happily Ever After Continued

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:04 PM
idk what to put here!
View Kenzie_Lightningripple's Photo Album
Kenzie_Lightningripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Roflol
Kenzie_Lightningripple is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Brightsparkle View Post
It's actually great, Night! I'm really glad you posted first, because I didn't want to mess your idea up. (And I had writer's block. )

We totally started a trend! Or is everyone just copy catters?

I couldn't take it any longer. While the opening of the cave obscured the sight of the battle, I could hear it. The war cries, the slashing of swords, the aura of magic. I had to get out there and help in any way I could. I wasn't doing much good sitting in this cave, and I didn't know if I would be much better out there. But at least I had to try. I clutched the hat portal in my fingers, as if somehow it could magically open. Annabeth and I had tried, but the hat fell limply on the ground.
Not saying anything, I crept out of the cave. Annabeth tried to grab my arm and repeatedly told me not to go, but I didn't listen. Instead, I gathered my skirt in my hands and ran up the hill towards my parents and Kris. I ducked my head low in case any daggers/arrows/other weapons were thrown my way.
"Julianna!" Mom exclaimed at the sight of me. She enveloped me in one of her big hugs. "Where were you?! Daddy and I were worried sick!"
"Calla put Annabeth and I in the cave down there," I pointed down the hill, "so we wouldn't get hurt during the battle." Dad was about to say something but I cut him off. "Annabeth's still in there, but I couldn't sit there any longer. I know I'm too small to fight, but I at least want to be of some good."
Suddenly, Dad swiped at the air with his sword. I didn't even see it, but a henchman had sneaked up on us. Thankfully he was protecting our little circle.
Suddenly Mom gasped. "There he is," She said so softly I could barely hear her.
"Who?" Kris asked, and turned around to look at the sea of henchmen and villains. Mom lifted her finger warily, pointing at a tall man whose left hand was a--
"Captain Hook?!" Of course, I remembered reading about it in one of the Tales of Estoriana books. My mom -Annalise - was held captive in an ice tower for four years. That was how she and Saige's mom, Laurel, had met. They were captives together and frequently visited each other. That explained Mom's fear: I would be scared of heights too if I had been locked in a tower for four years.
Dad pulled Mom aside and talked to her. I couldn't make out his words, but he hugged her as her tears threatened to spill over.
Just then, Lilac tapped me on the shoulder. She took my hand and tugged at it, wanting me to follow her. We ran down the hill away from the epic battle. "What?" I asked.
"Avia and Calla want us to go back to the castle and get the bracelets. They said that maybe the portal magic thing and the cuffs will cancel out, or something like that. I don't know, but they want us to go to the castle and find them."
"What?!" I exclaimed, but Lilac quickly hushed me. "What?" I repeated, quieter this time. "How are we supposed find a few small bracelets in a burned down castle?! And that's assuming we get through all of the henchmen and villains alive."
"Do you still have the portal?" She inquired. I nodded. "Calla's idea was if we can't portal off Exilia, maybe we can portal within this world. Maybe we can portal to the castle."
The realization dawned on me, and I started jumping up and down a little. "Oh Lilac, we could get off! We could go home!!" I nearly squealed.
"I know! But first we have to find the bracelets." I nodded. I quickly threw the hat into the air, thinking of only Imperia's burned fortress. It opened up with a burst of brilliant light. I grabbed Lilac's hand and looked at her. She moved her head a slight, signifying she was ready. I closed my eyes shut and we jumped.
The air gave way beneath us. We spun around and around and around...
THUNK!
We landed on a pile of stone. I slowly got up, my head pounding in my skull. "I hate portalling," I mumbled.
"Yes!" Lilac exclaimed. "We made it into the dungeon!"
I looked around. The walls were made of some kind of brick, so it had survived the fire. Each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor, flickering as it went out. "Are you sure we're in the dungeon? I don't see any individual cells."
Lilac peeked her head around the corner of the wall. "Well if we aren't in the dungeon, where are we?" The realization quickly hit both of us. I felt a surge of panic.
"Oh no," She said quietly.
"Lilac," I spoke, my voice trembling with fear. I looked at my friend. "I think we're lost."

(I hope this is okay, Eve! I was thinking that once they get their bearings and calm down a bit they will find that they're only a floor above the dungeon.)
(Hazel, I liked your post, but I wasn't planning on having Kris actually get there yet, because I realized last night how I wanted him to get back, especially since it's urgent that he does since he's injured in two different areas now. But the only reason why I didn't do it last night was only because I couldn't get on to do it because the phone was being used by someone else. You don't have to change it, I'll just finish the post now. I think he'll still be injured, though. Maybe Julianna could notice? If you don't like her doing that, it's fine. I just figured because they are close friends.)
Kris:
I keep trying my hardest to keep walking, even though the pain coming from my shoulder has only increased by now. It's not like it's bothering me, though, but I doubt that I had ever been in so much pain before now. I didn't know what to think, or even say. I just knew that I had to keep walking and eventually, I had to come across someone that could help. Then, out of nowhere, I hear a voice quietly call out,
"What are you doing here?? It's not safe, considering you're already injured." The voice says, and I can tell that the person belonging to the voice was hiding in the darkness, which is exactly what I had tried to do, but that didn't turn out very well.
"Who's there?" I say, turning to where I heard the voice come from. I only hear a rustle, before the person comes out, and I don't even notice that my eyes have gone wide with surprise.
"What, you thought I got lost or something?" She says, laughing. I know that she's trying to lighten the mood some, but somehow I'm still surprised that she had made it this far away from everyone else.
"Abbie??" Is all I manage to get out.
She just frowns at the name. "I don't like it when people call me Abbie. You know I go by Abrienne these days. No one calls me Abbie anymore." She says, but all my mind does is go back, to another time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Kris! Come out! Abbie's here!" Mom shouts. I quickly throw my crayon down, not really caring if it broke or not. I was just excited I had a friend. I ran as fast as I can out the door and down the hall. And, sure enough, Abbie was standing there, trying to look at every single thing she sees. Eventually, her eyes land in my direction and then she starts running towards me on her stubby legs. I do the same, and before either of us can do anything, we run into each other, but she just laughs at the accident as she scoots over to me and wraps her arms around my shoulders. I return the hug, and then the memory ends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I look at her, and I notice that she has the same curious looking brown eyes that she did when she was younger. Then, as if she knows exactly what I'm thinking, she puts my good arm around her shoulders, and then she says,
"Let's go look for someone to help you together."
I just smile at her and say,
"Thanks, Abbie."
And she didn't argue this time.

(Well that was interesting! Who knew they knew each other already?!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:39 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Thank you! Glad you like it Popcorn. It's nice to develop Calla and Avia's friendship some more, too... Same with Lilac and Julianna!
Aw, Hazy, you wouldn't have "messed up" my idea. You're free do whatever you'd like with it, I completely trust your judgement.
Same goes for everyone else, you're free to put your own twists on the idea however you want.
I'll post again soon.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:49 AM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Oops, sorry about that Kenzie. Do you want me to edit it so a different character is with Julianna and her family?
Thank you, Night.
Wow, we only have three days until Liri has to leave. What should we do? Can we finish it? If we all post, we might be able to.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
(I'm not sure if we'll be able to or not, but its worth a try, right?)
We were all desperate for some way to end this battle, that was for sure. But Calla's plan sounded so desperate it... it actually could work.
"Oh no!" Cries out Calla, as she realizes the first true fault in her plan. "I left the portal with Julianna and Annabeth when I hid them in the cave!" After thinking it over for a moment, she searches the field before spotting something. I look over in that general direction and see the hat portal, still being clutched by Julianna.
"We have to get--" Calla starts, trying to slide of Cragg but stumbling to the ground instead. She shakes her head slowly, and I realize that there is no way she could portal anywhere--let alone find the bracelets and make her way back here. She just wasn't strong enough anymore.
But who is, anymore? I wonder, looking briefly out over the field. Everyone is fighting bravely, but its easy to tell that everyone--except the villains--are tiring. Swords aren't being slashed with as much conviction. Spells aren't being thrown with as much power. It doesn't seem like anyone has enough energy to portal back.
This is when I spot Julianna out in the field, cowering behind her parents. She doesn't even seem bruised by this point--a rarity right now. Slowly putting the pieces together, I glance behind me briefly to see Lilac, looking at me curiously. She had her legs folded on top of Everett, and her arms behind her--it almost looked as though she was in the garden, cloudwatching, rather than being atop a giant stone animal in the midst of battle.
I swallow hard. We only have one choice, don't we?

"Lilac," I begin to ask, "Can you go to Julianna, please? Would the two of you--" I can't even finish the sentence. Every single part of me is screaming at me, no, don't do this! She's your sister! You're supposed to protect her, not shove her into harm's way! Somehow, Lilac still gets the message, and nods.
"We really don't want to risk you," Calla continues, as I turn to study the rocky surface of Cragg's armor. "But... but the two of you are our best chance. You haven't been fighting, so you'll still have the energy to run if something..." She trails off, and the thought of my sister being chased, alone, makes me want to beg her to not go.
"It's okay," She sounds strong, so I slowly look back up to see the determination in Lilac's eyes. "I can do this."

I sigh a little as Everett walks over to us, placing my sister and I side by side.
"You don't have to do this," I tell her, sounding almost like I'm pleading. "Lilac, no one is really forcing you into this."
Lilac stares at me. "What, so I say no, and then leave us to lose the battle? Avia, we're the last chance!"
"I know," I reply slowly, beginning to study the skirt I'm wearing from when we changed on Sparrow's ship. Its torn up in places--even it has battle scars. "I just... I can't see you get hurt, Lilac. I'm your sister, I can't throw you into a situation like this!"
Lilac thinks it over for a moment. "Well, first off, you won't see me get hurt. I'll be in the castle, remember?" She gives me a small smile--it was a joke--but I don't return the guesture. She coughs awkwardly, and continues. "And second of all, if this was just your choice, yes. You would be a terrible sister."
I make an indignant scoff. And then a giggle escapes. I can't help it--my worst fears, when said aloud, really do sound stupid.
Lilac gives me a small grin, and continues, "...but this isn't just your choice. Its mine, too. I want to help, remember? Plus, Julianna and I are really needed--we're the only ones who can do this. And I promise that we're not going to use each other as bait if something comes along--we'll just get the bracelets and get out of there. I promise."

Here, she slides something over my wrist. I recognize it as a bracelet she made a week ago, and she was going to give it to Mom as a welcome home gift. I look down at it briefly, before looking back up at her.
"A promise," she replies with a smile. "Although when I get back, you'll need to give that back to me, since it's mom's."
We both let out soft laughs, before I lean over and hug Lilac as hard as I can. "Be careful," I tell her gently, and she returns the hug.

After she lets go, and smiles at me, she and Everett begin charging through the henchmen, making their way over to where Julianna was. I watch her go, fear welling back up in my heart, before helping Calla back up onto Cragg. The ride over to where Sparrow and Saige are is relatively short, and we soon call them (along with nearby Jack and Mei) up onto Cragg. As Saige and I help Jack and Mei up, Cragg grumbles, "I feel like a common work horse."
I can't contain the laugh that escapes my lips. I then call out to him, Well, at least common work horses don't have to have six people on their backs at one time.
"Very funny," he replies normally, and I try to suppress my laughter again.

Calla quickly relays her idea to them, and they agree--it might be the only chance we have left.
As Mei looks down upon the battle, I watch as, on the far end of the field, there's a brilliant flash of light, which closes a few seconds later.
"They're through," I tell them all, and look at everyone.
"Wait a minute," Jack seems surprised. "You already told Lilac and Julianna to go through with this? What if we had said no?"
I look at Calla and shrug. "We would have told you 'too late'? I guess this was more of a, just-keeping-you-in-the-loop thing rather than a hey-we-have-this-crazy-idea thing." I pause, then add, "plus, it saves time."
Or, at least, this was what I had been trying to convince myself on the ride over. I had been trying to tell myself that this was a good plan, that they'd be safe, that they'd be back here within a few minutes, that they were our only chance...
...but hearing what Jack said only added to the bad voice in my head, the one that kept saying, you just put your young and inexperienced sister in a very dangerous spot. You don't know what's in a burning castle. There could still be enchantments around it. Even if Lilac and Julianna come home safe and sound, the villains might notice them and their bracelets and decide that they're too dangerous to make it back to us...
My heart pounds at the thought, and I end up rubbing the bracelet she gave me. A promise.
Please return alright, Lilac, I think worriedly, looking back up at the group.

"Lilac," Julianna's voice trembles. "I think we're lost."
I shake my head. "No, no... we can't be. I mean, you portalled us to the castle, right? You did that!"
"Yes," replies Julianna, "But... but the portal doesn't always put you right where you want to be!"
I groan, running my hand through my hair. I can't let Avia down already! Looking over at Julianna, I can see that I've hurt her feelings. After all, she had to be thinking this all already, she didn't need me to make it worse.
"I'm sorry, Julianna," I tell her. "I just... I didn't want to let my sister down. I thought this would be easy!"
She nods. "Me too," she answers. "But since its not, we've got to look for the bracelets ourselves."
I nod, and stand up. Whatever was on the walls that could help show us where we are had burned off. The wood and brick of the walls and floor were crumbling, and were even burned through in places. Bits of ash still floated in the air. We appear to be in something like... a hallway, maybe, or just a really skinny room. It tapers off to the right, but the left is too smoky for me to be able to see if it ends.
I look at Julianna. "Ready to start the adventure?"
She nods, and we begin to carefully walk left.

(In other news, I have no idea what to do with Maurelle. )

Last edited by popcorn1234; 06-20-2014 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Fixing what Avia was thinking at the end of her part
Old 06-19-2014, 03:18 PM
idk what to put here!
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Brightsparkle View Post
Oops, sorry about that Kenzie. Do you want me to edit it so a different character is with Julianna and her family?
Thank you, Night.
Wow, we only have three days until Liri has to leave. What should we do? Can we finish it? If we all post, we might be able to.
(You don't have to change it, I just finished the post(s) up yesterday, so he should be there, it'll just be a little bit mixed up, but that's okay.
Also, Hazel, did you see this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie_Lightningripple View Post
I think he'll still be injured, though. Maybe Julianna could notice? If you don't like her doing that, it's fine. I just figured because they are close friends.)
I'm not going to control her or anything, (even though I did it well, like you said,) but if doing that (^^) is okay with you, then it's okay with me too. I think it would be good if they had another moment, though, because I can imagine Kris wanting to hide his injuries from everyone so they wouldn't worry, but wouldn't it be a little hard to hide a big red stain on his clothes? I think so... Anyway, I'll let you decide what you want to do.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Hanging out in Estoriana
View Liri Dazzlebeam's Photo Album
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 16

My Mood: Adventurous
Liri Dazzlebeam is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Kenzie, do you want Mei to notice him and heal him? If so, I can do that.

I will post soon!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:22 PM
idk what to put here!
Awards Showcase

(Okay, I'm on my sister's phone, and I think that it has spell check, so I'm glad I'm not posting right now.
Anyway, Liri, I'm kinda confused. Is Mei with Julianna and the others or is she somewhere else?)

Last edited by Kenzie_Lightningripple; 06-19-2014 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Stopped spell check...
Old 06-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
I think Liri means later on in the story, Mei can find Kris's wound and heal him. Mei, Jack, Sparrow, Saige, Calla, and Avia are all on Cragg (Avia's giant rock horse). Julianna and Lilac are in Queen Imperia's castle, trying to find the anti-magic cuffs to get back home.
Also, that's totally okay about Julianna, Kenzie!

While Calla's idea sounded ludicrous, it was our only option.
"They're through," Avia said, pointing at Imperia's castle.
"Wait a minute," Jack intercepted. "You already told Lilac and Julianna to go through with this? What if we had said no?"
Avia looked at Calla with a shrug. "We would have told you 'too late'? I guess this was more of a, just-keeping-you-in-the-loop thing rather than a hey-we-have-this-crazy-idea thing." I pause, then add, "plus, it saves time."
"Well thank you for keeping us in the loop," Saige said sarcastically.
"Avia, Calla, Lilac and Julianna are elevenyear olds who probably still play dress up and have tea parties with their stuffed animals!" I threw my hands up in the air, emphasizing my point. "How could you send them to get the very objects that could get us off this stupid planet?!"
Calla and Avia shot each other nervous glances. "Trust me, they weren't our first choice. But--" Avia looked at her powerful friend.
"They're our only choice," Calla finished.
I sighed. "Well, all we have to do is hold on just long enough for Lilac and Julianna to get back with the bracelets. And then we put the cuffs on and hopefully the cuffs and the portal's anti-magic will cancel each other out to get us out of here?"
They nodded.
"We need to get back to the battle," Saige said, gazing wishfully at the fighting occurring in the valley below.
"Agreed," I said, and jumped off Cragg. I looked at his rocky head. "Um--thank you?"
He neighed and Avia suppressed a giggle. "What did he say?!" I demanded.
"He says you're welcome," She laughed.

I continued to fight side by side with my sisters and husband. The pain in my shoulder was gone, thanks to Laurel. But I started to ache all over. It's probably just the battle. Still, I felt short of breath, like I couldn't get enough oxygen. Nevertheless, I needed to brave through this. Everyone else was probably feeling the same. I looked around. We were all beginning to look tired.
Ivory's icy blasts became smaller and smaller. Lillie and Phoebe's wings drooped, and Astrid wasn't strong either.
Layla faced off against Imperia. Suddenly the anger coursed through me and my breath shortness left. That mama-bear instinct took over and I raced to Layla's side.
"Dove! How wonderful of you to join us," Imperia smiled evilly and tried to blast me with a spell. Layla intercepted and shielded us in a protective bubble.
"You stole my daughter from me," I narrowed my eyes at her, the venom evident in my voice. "For fourteen years."
"You steal my daughter, I steal yours." Imperia shrugged. "Nothing personal. Oh wait, nevermind! It was." She laughed maniacally again.
"Obviously that plan backfired," I countered. "Here we are, Layla on our side. And I have Phoenix again."
She grinned cruelly. "But she won't have you much longer."

I will try to post for Julianna and Phoenix later today!
Old 06-19-2014, 09:44 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
You're welcome.
YES! I just finished up my last exam, so it's summer break for me! Freedom!
Anyway, yes, I think we can at least get the climax finished to the point where Liri can post her characters' part in the "love and friendship" moment. Hopefully we can get to the "get off Exilia" part, it's worth a try! And I guess Liri can just PM Hazy with what she wants her characters to do in "The Scene" . We'll make it work somehow!

My sword arcs through the air, bringing down henchman after henchman. The silver metal gleams in the sunlight, and I know my eyes are flashing as well - with green fire, filled with the battle fury.
I'd lost track of my sister a while ago, and I can only hope she and Jack are okay. In all this chaos, I can't see Sparrow, Janelle, or any of my other friends either, except for the occasional bright flash of their hair or clothing.
"I remember you." I stop short when a henchman speaks to me directly. It's the first time any of them have stopped to address me, and I don't like the look of that devious glint in his eyes.
"Good for you. And may my face be the last thing you remember," I growl as I parry his strikes.
"You were quite the little spitfire, you know that? 'You put our parents in a cage?!'" He mimics my outraged tone mockingly.
Rage flares up in my, and I strike out at him, sending him careening back. In my anger, I fail to notice the second dark figure sneaking up behind me, until I felt a sharp sting in my left forearm.
I spun around, bringing my sword up, just in time to see him being brought down by another descendant's blade.
"Thanks, Spares," I smile gratefully at her, grimacing slightly as I pull my sleeve back from the knife wound. I let a single golden tear drip down onto it, watching as the cut disappears.
Don't let your temper get the best of you, Firecracker. In a real fight, it could become your one fatal mistake. I won't be forgetting that again.
"No problem," she replies, her dark eyes fierce and determined.
Without even realizing it, we'd begun fighting back-to-back, striking out at our enemies while watching each other's back.
"Hey, we make a pretty good team," I say teasingly.
"Yeah." I hear the grin in her voice.
It's not hard to figure out that the fight isn't going in our favor. For every descendant I see, there are ten more of the enemy. All of us, including Sparrow and I, are tiring. Our sword clashes don't ring out with as much strength, our spells don't fly with as much power.
But I know there's strength and perseverance in the clang of every blade, in the casting of each magical blast. If I ever stand at the front of any other army, I don't think I can feel half as much pride as I do now.
Just then, I notice one of Avia's rock animals headed our way. I nudge Sparrow. "There's Avia and Calla. Wonder what they want?"
"Saige! Sparrow!" Calla called down to them, "climb up here a moment!" Then spotting Jack and Mei, "Jack, Mei, you too!"
The giant stag knelt down and Avia pulled me up, and then the two of us helped everyone else up too.
"What is it?" I ask, impatient to get back into the fight to help.
"Well we have this crazy idea..." Calla begins, then tells us her idea.
"You're right. It is crazy," I retort. Crazy? It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life! Intentionally block our powers?! "But it might just work," I add grudgingly, consenting that we really do have no other choice.
"Better to chance it. We can't last much longer against the villains." Mei adds, looking down upon the battle grimly.
A shiver goes down my spine at my twin's grim words, but I know that she's right.
We all watch as, on the far end of the field, there's a brilliant flash of light, which closes a few seconds later.
"They're through," Avia tells us all, and looks at everyone.
"Wait a minute," Jack seems surprised. "You already told Lilac and Julianna to go through with this? What if we had said no?"
She looks at Calla and shrugs. "We would have told you 'too late'? I guess this was more of a, just-keeping-you-in-the-loop thing rather than a hey-we-have-this-crazy-idea thing." Avia pauses, then adds, "plus, it saves time."
Calla begins to look like she's regretting sending them over, which Avia worriedly rubs a bracelet on her wrist. Now they're having second thoughts?
"Well thank you for keeping us in the loop," I say sarcastically.
"Avia, Calla, Lilac and Julianna are eleven year olds who probably still play dress up and have tea parties with their stuffed animals!" Sparrow throws her hands up in the air, emphasizing her point. "How could you send them to get the very objects that could get us off this stupid planet?!"
Calla and Avia shoot each other nervous glances. "Trust me, they weren't our first choice. But--" Avia looks at her powerful friend.
"They're our only choice," Calla finishes.
Sparrow sighs. "Well, all we have to do is hold on just long enough for Lilac and Julianna to get back with the bracelets. And then we put the cuffs on and hopefully the cuffs and the portal's anti-magic will cancel each other out to get us out of here?"
We all nod.
"We need to get back to the battle," I say, gazing wishfully at the fighting occurring in the valley below.
"Agreed," Sparrow says, and jumps off Cragg. She looks at his rocky head. "Um--thank you?"
He neighs and Avia suppresses a giggle. "What did he say?!" Sparrow demands.
"He says you're welcome," She laughs.
Somehow I rather doubt that's all he said, but I hide my grin. And voice the thought we're probably all having. "Magic is our strongest weapon. The most powerful descendants rely heavily on magical power to defend themselves. Without it, we'll be sitting ducks. Maybe Avia's stone army can hold them back for a time, but it won't last long."
Everyone nods in agreement, waiting for my point. "So," I continue, "We should get all the descendants together now... Or at least try to. We can't have half our people running around with no powers while we try to track down the other half."
"Let's split up then. Try to spread the news of what we're planning," Mei says firmly.
Looking at her, I groan. "Mei-li... Can you just imagine our parents' faces when we try to convince them of this absurd plan?" I have a sinking feeling they're not going to be the only parents who aren't going to be eager to jump on board.
Mei laughs. "This is going to be fun..."

Last edited by Night Wish; 06-19-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 

Light Talent
Yeah. I meant later on Kenzie. Maybe while they are spreading the word of the plan she can spot Kris and heal him?

Yay Night! Summertime!

Yeah, that's fine. I will send Hazy that and my epilogues. I will have to finish those first.... haha.

Gosh am I going to miss you all!!!!

I will post in a while. We have to go shopping to get the last things I need before I leave on Sunday!
Old 06-20-2014, 12:30 AM
idk what to put here!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liri Dazzlebeam View Post
Yeah. I meant later on Kenzie. Maybe while they are spreading the word of the plan she can spot Kris and heal him?
(Yeah, that'll work I think.)
Old 06-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 

popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
(I'm just going to try something out here; see if I can give Maurelle and idea and let her character play off of it a bit.)
Spoiler for Maurelle:
I don't know how long I cried for. I guess the tears became less about being trapped here, and more about realizing that my father--someone whom I had once loved--had been using me my whole life for his gain.
I didn't hate my father. Even now. I just didn't like that sometimes, he would give me less attention than I deserved. But that was rare when that would happen, and he'd usually have a good reason for being less attentive. I hated the way that he would practice voodoo. Since none of the villains could be convinced that his fortune telling was anything more than a trick, I really only saw him use his voodoo to talk with his friends on the other side, but even doing that was a rarity. He did teach me all I know, and that was where he spent his time and effort--making sure I knew everything there was to know about voodoo.

I guess that was my greatest difference from the other villain's kids. He gave me lots of attention, taught me everything he knows, would tell me stories about when he had lived in New Orleans, and--the biggest difference of them all--he did try to be a true father figure to me. I was his daughter, after all. Not the product of a spell, not stolen away as a baby. My mother had been a peasant in Exilia (one of the female henchmen, so: 'peasant'), and my dad had fallen in love with her. Long story short, she had died in childbirth, something that had haunted my dad for a long time. I know that this is true. Why? One night, long ago, I had crept down into the basement when I had heard my father crying (which villains just don't do), and I immediately saw why: my mother was standing in the portal. My father's friends must have taken pity on him, so they gave him the chance to see her again. It was very brief, only a few questions were asked, but I knew it was her. She looked a little like me, to boot. I never told my dad I saw her, but it did cement all the stories he had told me about her.

Thinking about my mom was what made the tears stop. I can still remember her--well, vaguely, but I can still remember the smile she had on her face. She wasn't evil, she never had been, and yet she had found some good in my dad. That was cause for some hope in him.

But, faith in my dad or not, I was still chained to forever using my voodoo for evil. Even if I went to that battle that was most probably raging between good and evil, and used my voodoo for good to the point where they trusted me and helped me back to Estoriana, the shadows would drag me to Earth, where they would force me into repaying my father's debt.
Shadows could be so sneaky, too. You don't even know you're there, and then they have your shadow in their grasp. Once they do, they can do anything to you--play with you, toss you around... torture you...

I'm laying on my bed, facing the ceiling. My shadow, at least, was nothing like that. Since I wasn't overly involved (at least not yet, I suppose) with my father's 'friends', my shadow was pretty ordinary. It followed me, mimicked my movements, followed the path of the sun... I could be mistaken for a normal girl on Earth. But that didn't mean that other shadows couldn't grab onto my shadow, especially since my shadow was so defenseless...
Suddenly, a thought occurs to me. Shadows can only do things to your shadow, right? They can't do anything to you as a physical person.
Memories of voodoo lessons come back to me. Shadows only live and interact in the shadow 'world', which is more of a dimension. Sure, what they do in the shadow dimension can directly influence the one in the 'real' dimension (aka, our dimension) but they can't directly do anything in our dimension. A shadow can't come out of the ground and poke a living person.
"Wait," I say aloud, sitting up. "So, if a person were to, say, have no shadow..."
...they'd be immune to shadow people.

There's only one person who I know to not have a shadow. But I need more information on them, since their story is so hazy. The Tales of Estoriana book isn't exactly revered in Exilia, but no less, we use it to keep track of what the descendants are doing in their world, since the book "updates" itself with each new happening, no matter where in the world (or in whichever world) you are.
So, I carefully sneak down a floor, and make my way down the hall. The second floor is the only one with a library, and in it, the book I need.
I carefully open up the door and look around. Sometimes, my dad is in here, practicing a new spell or doing some research on voodoo that he can't quite remember. But he's nowhere in sight now, so I carefully sneak in, and shut the door as quietly as I can. He probably doesn't care what I do in the house right now, since he probably assumes I'm still crying; but still...

The Tales of Estoriana book is in what I like to call the "important" section in the library, where all the basic (and most informative) books on voodoo are all kept. Its the most dustiest one in the library, so it isn't hard to spot on the shelf. I quickly pick it up, and blow the dust off of it as I hear a creak in the floorboards somewhere in the house. I pause for a moment, but then regain my composure. My dad wouldn't think leaving my room was unusual, and even if he did, he probably wouldn't come into the library trying to find out what I was doing. So, turning back to my hands, I take a closer look at the Tales of Estoriana book. The book still sparkles with Estorianan glamour, and I rub my fingers on the beautiful jewels on the front cover before flipping through its yellowed pages.
"Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel..." I mumble to myself as I flip through each chapter. "Mulan... oh, wait, wait!" I flip back a few pages, until I finally find what I'm searching for.
"Peter Pan," I whisper, beginning to read all about the boy who never wanted to grow up.

It didn't take long for me to find out what I wanted to know. It ends up that the original Peter Pan lost his shadow by... a dog pulled it off.
A dog pulled off someone's shadow.
I look down at my shadow apprehensively. I knew shadows were fragile, but... a dog? Really?
Still, I can't imagine staging an 'accident' to remove my own shadow. My dad wouldn't do it, no one around here would do it...
The only other person I could think of even being able to do it was Peter Pan herself--Astrid.

(This is continued in a later post.)

Last edited by popcorn1234; 07-24-2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Mistaaaaaaaaakes.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:12 PM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Hehe! I like it Popcorn!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thanks, Liri! I'm thinking that Maurelle could show up during the battle, before Lilac and Julianna return from their adventure, and ask Astrid to remove her shadow. It would probably be a bit sudden, and I would guess that Astrid would be a bit confused as to why Maurelle wants her shadow removed, but I think it has to happen while the battle is still raging on, since the battle will end with all of the descendants leaving Exilia, therefore taking away any chance of Maurelle getting her shadow removed before she (really) turns good.
What do you think?
Old 06-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Sounds fine to me. She will have to convince Astrid though, and probably have to make it through the Lost Boys first haha.