PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old Guide on some things related to Art Shop

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:51 PM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Guide on some things related to Art Shop

Well I guess it's a bit late to post this guide now, eh? I hope it's okay, since this maybe helpful for some users who're planning to open an art shop in the future (I'm one of them too ) This is also helpful guide for some users who're planning to order something from an art shop.

First of all, I'd like to give a huge thanks for the original inspiration that encourage me to post this guide (in a different way of telling) to the awesome Count Bratula and GMT who makes the guides in MMOCF. You can see their guides here:
Now just to shorten up some sort of long things, I'm just going to summarize the main point of both guides, and I hope this guide is easy-to-understand guide for everyone.

Artists Requests
Rushing artists - most of the artist (including myself) really prefer to create a high-quality or maybe good quality art rather than making a lot of things that's not really qualified. Some artists are having some staff that keep them pretty busy in the mainland (I'm one of them), and I think they need more time to complete your order/request, so please don't rush artists when they're making your request. They just really want to give you the best art as they can make for yourself.

Full List - well, this is one of the important thing when you're ordering in an art shop. Please check how many open spots available or if the spots are filled in by a lot of users (ie. 20 users in the list), then please wait until the spot are empty a bit.

Order Forms - some artists are prefer to have their own 'ordering forms', because it helps the artists to organize some things. So I encourage you to use the order form, to make sure you get the things you really wanted/hoping from them.

Other things to aware - please do not PM's Reminder/contact to the Art Shop owner (unless the owner requested to do so) because normal users only have up to 100 PMs space, no spams, credit the artist if possible, and understand what the artists can/cannot make.
Now let me go to the next sort of things.
How to Successfully Build Up an Art Shop
Examples are the Key - its always important for shop owners to provide examples of items/graphics that they're offering in their art shop, because examples can make users understand what items you can do and even can encourage users to come to order from your art shop.

Order forms and organization - its always important to organize everything in your art shop to avoid confusion and misunderstanding. Organized order forms, as I have mentioned above, can also make you understand what your customers really want on how the product look like/what they're expecting to be the result from your artwork. This is not really necessary for some reason, but it's very helpful for some things. Usually order form contains this following items:

What do you want to order? Background/transparent? Anything else/extra? What font text do you want, and its color too? Animated or not? and might need more details for some type of art such as Drawings/3D Fairies photo manipulation

Wait, anyone's here? Why no one is ordering? - this thing happens various times in this forum based on my experience from the Art Improvement thread (even it's not an art shop, but it still take part as an art thread, right? ) Don't give up! That word always happens to be in my mind when I'm seeing my Art Improvement thread is very very quiet, lol. For me, I usually keep the post up to date by posting more art in the Art Improvement thread, but it seems that things came out different when you're opening an Art Shop. Well, patience is the key, and if you don't see anyone's ordering from your shop for a long time, you can Bump it up, so it shows up in the top row of your thread, or you may want to update something from your art shop (banners, examples, etc.) to make it more interesting and then announce it in the art shop thread (well it's just only my idea). Those are some ways on how to encourage customers to order to your art shop (I believe there are better ways to do this)

Upload images to the Profile Albums - I'm encouraging shop owners to do this, because it's easier and more efficient to do for large size of images rather than attaching images, and it also makes customers from your art shop easier to find their art rather than they have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to open up the attachment. Its also the other reason because attachment seems to have small limit of file size than profile albums based on my experience.

Some important information and inclusion of FAQ - this is very important because the additional info such as please don't rush me when working with your art, please do not order when the list is full, keep the conversation G-rated, please credit me from your artwork, etc. is very helpful to keep customers understand and know some things that the artists expect from the customers.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions?
If yes, please post it here, don't worry I will read and try to answer everything if possible. If you have any cool ideas or suggestions to add up from this guide, please feel free to post it so. Your ideas will be very helpful to develop this guide to become a better guide in the future.

Thanks for reading everyone. I hope this guide will be helpful for some members who're planning to open an art shop or ordering from the art shops.

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 07-19-2016 at 10:32 AM.