PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old Save Pixie Hollow! All discussion of PH's closing *mega thread*

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:23 PM
View Misty_12's Photo Album
Misty_12's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 68

My Mood: BusyBee
Misty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe Twinklespark View Post
They DID NOT plan on closing The Hollow yet. They wanted to keep it open. They make good money! They still had plans for it. Someone told me what happened because her dad works for a company that fixes big virus breakouts. Flash got a very bad virus that infected several of it's online games. I've heard other games on other websites are shutting down for the same reason. They didn't want to close it, they had to. PH, Toontown, and Pirates of the Carribean were being slowly eaten away by this virus and they couldn't do anything about it. I can only hope they'll bring it back someday, not running on Flash, and it'll be bigger and better than before.

Also one of my good friends told me they called them and they said they are planning a new PH for us that they want to finish by early next year. That's just a rumor though...so don't get your hopes up yet but maybe the hope will make some of us stop crying for a few minutes. :'(
If this is the case, I wish they would just tell us, instead of making us go through all of this misery.

Edit: By the way, has anyone emailed Disney? If so, have they responded to you yet and what did they say? I sent them an email yesterday...still no response.

Last edited by Misty_12; 08-21-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Her Majesty's a Pretty Nice Girl But She Doesn't Have a Lot to Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyJulie View Post
Maybe we can make a protest list and send it to them?
We should find out their physical address or P.O. Box and mail actual paper letters to them. I have heard that online petitions carry far less weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverLunaMorningvalley View Post
It won't let me write to them they closed the contact never councils link
Anybody know how to find out their mailing address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila Starshine View Post
I know it couldn't last FOREVER, but they could use a different platform. Flash is apparently dying out but there should be some way for Disney to keep our business and spare us some heartbreak :,(
Flash software is no good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayberry bubbleweather View Post
So I was wondering, if all of us would want to meet up for a picture, and take one last picture with everyone on pixie hollow. Something we could all remember each other by and remember our fairies!

And bay just got her 400th badge too
Congrats on your badge! And a meet-up sounds like a great idea! Please post snaps in the Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbow View Post
I've bought an old children's board book, and am printing out my favorite scenes from Pixie Hollow to paste them on top of the book's cardboard pages. Then I can paste my fairies on top of those scenes, their furniture items, etc, like a scrapbook. You can add favorite badges, animal friends, anything. Lots of work but I'm going to do it. I love Pixie Hollow! I have to capture it for my lifetime.

Also, if you know how, which I don't yet, make videos of your fairies doing their favorite things! Anyone know how to do this?

I think once Pixie Hollow closes then we can all share our scrapbooks and videos, and keep Pixie Hollow Forums going so we don't go insane (or at least for a little while to help me get used to the loss?)

Riverbow
This is a great idea. Please post your results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsfeet View Post
My wife said PH saved her sanity when we closed a business and had stress and I joined playing with her to have something to do together. ...
I suppose we couldn't start our own co-op and contract out artists and programmers? Most likely because of copyright issues. Disney should give this game away but they won't because they guard their material so closely. BUT if we could find a way to get our own copy protected game it wouldn't be difficult to find willing builders and artists. ....But I have no answer as to how to get the interested fairies together to hammer out a NEW HOLLOW.
I know what you and your wife mean about stress relief! And your idea is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rosey Trio View Post
Okay, so they're ending this all for Club Penguin...
What about that new Disney InfINity? Maybe they are hoping we all move over there?

Stormy

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 08-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Getting to Know You
View Julie Dazzleshimmer's Photo Album
Julie Dazzleshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ July the 4th Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: QuiteMad
Julie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent
Quote:
They DID NOT plan on closing The Hollow yet. They wanted to keep it open. They make good money! They still had plans for it. Someone told me what happened because her dad works for a company that fixes big virus breakouts. Flash got a very bad virus that infected several of it's online games. I've heard other games on other websites are shutting down for the same reason. They didn't want to close it, they had to. PH, Toontown, and Pirates of the Carribean were being slowly eaten away by this virus and they couldn't do anything about it. I can only hope they'll bring it back someday, not running on Flash, and it'll be bigger and better than before.

Also one of my good friends told me they called them and they said they are planning a new PH for us that they want to finish by early next year. That's just a rumor though...so don't get your hopes up yet but maybe the hope will make some of us stop crying for a few minutes. :'(
So Flash is slowly eating away at many online games? I wish they would just tell us this in the beginning! I guess it's better that they told us when PH will actually close, instead of one day PH suddenly shutting down. But by no means am I saying that I'm fine with the Hollow going away! I'm still very sad about the decision Disney made, and we need to convince Disney to keep it open.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the memories ♡
View Rosalina286's Photo Album
Rosalina286's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award EKB Day Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'14 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Dreamy
Rosalina286 is a Fast FlyerRosalina286 is a Fast FlyerRosalina286 is a Fast FlyerRosalina286 is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Garden Talent
I've been crying for 3 minutes straight now, and my brother wanted me to get off the computer because of that. I'm just... so sad. Not sad. There's no word for it.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
I feel sick. The past months (July and August) has really worn my spirit down with family matters and health, and now this happens. Pixie Hollow is my favorite online game out of the five that I play (Neopets and Free Realms being some of the others.) Now...Poof, it will be gone soon. Why even bother playing it if all that time will be for not?
Old 08-21-2013, 03:25 PM
nostalgic
View Twinklesky's Photo Album
Twinklesky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Memory Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Butterfly-ish
Twinklesky has disabled reputation
Garden Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I started crying when I saw the news. I've been playing PH for almost three years– when my first fairy, Gloria, will get her three year badge, there will only be eight days left to enjoy it. Honestly, I don't see why it needs to be closed! I've been through this with another game and I don't want to see it happen to PH too.

They say that we can go play on the new Disney Fairies site, but as I don't live in the States, I can't view it.

Anyways, if Disney thinks I will spend any more of my time on any of their other games... I've never played Club Penguin– never had interest in it. If Disney thinks that closing down PH will steer people to their other games, it's not working for me. I hope they realize that this is no good...

Edit: I remembered a quote from Dr. Seuss– "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." I'm sad about PH closing, but I am still glad I got to meet such wonderful pixies and even play...

Last edited by Twinklesky; 08-22-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: added contents of my next post to this one ;)
Old 08-21-2013, 03:41 PM
magic dreams...
View paige117's Photo Album
paige117's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2012 Award Riddle Participant's Award Summer 2012 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Spring 2012 Award St. Patrick's Day 2012 Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Winter Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Happyy
paige117 is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Hello fairies,

You probably don't know me. All of my friends probably left here like I did. I used to play this game. I loved it. This place gave me happiness and was my first REAL gaming experience.

I had lots of fun gathering ingredients and making friends. This forum, well, it gave me smiles and laughter, and was my roots of roleplaying. And I am grateful for that.

I left of course. I just grew up. I went on to bigger things, different places. I never forgot about my roots, but the memories slowly faded away.

Today, I saw some website telling about the closing of Toontown, ( of which I am upset as well. Toontown was another amazing gaming experience.) which spiraled into me knowing about the closing of all of the greatest games I have played, except for Club Penguin, which to me, got boring anyway.

I will look back on this game and forum, not with tears, but with smiles, for all it has giving me. I hope you do this as well.

Fly on,
Paige
Old 08-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Is a Pixie
View Tiny wonderbutton's Photo Album
Tiny wonderbutton's Fairy
Tiny wonderbutton has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Garden Talent
I can't believe it. After all this time since 2007 they are closing down! My dad at first said it was a hacker, and that Disney would never give up on pixie hollow. Now I'm not to sure. Is there gonna be a new one? Me and my sister sent an email, and we both got the same replies. Usually it says, love from... But this time it just said 'bye'.
Let's think of some ideas to save the hollow! Come on people!!! Is is my fave game, it can't be closing down. I am crying right now...
Cya people x

Quote:

There's also a petition if any of you are interested in signing it. I used a fake address. :P
Where us the petition...? I will defiantly do it!

Last edited by Jezzi; 08-21-2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: double posted
Old 08-21-2013, 04:42 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Guys on the profile thing, it says new backgrounds in 90 days! And I count on the calendar 90 days and it is November 17. Does that mean there will be new Hollow on November 17? Just wondering...
HOPE!!!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Searching....
View Jezzi's Photo Album
Jezzi's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond repute
Garden Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Hollybell View Post
Guys on the profile thing, it says new backgrounds in 90 days! And I count on the calendar 90 days and it is November 17. Does that mean there will be new Hollow on November 17? Just wondering...
HOPE!!!!!
Jenny, don't get your hopes up. It is just probably something as simple as they forgot to change/edit that info. When VMK closed people were grasping at any little thing and pulling Disney's words apart to see if they actually meant something else. If they had planned for the game to come back they would have announced it on the News page for us to check back in whatever month they were thinking of launching. I am sorry *hugs*

Credits ~ Signature: Alyce Natalie ~ Profile: Twilight ~ Avatar: SweetCupcake ~ Thank you!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:58 PM
so much to do!!
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 

Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
AW
But I found this which is confusing me:
Screen Shot 201jm3-08-21 at 12.58.16 PM.png LINKS!!
Shouldn't this have been removed from the new website even though it is still available now? They won't be able to get new players!!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Is a Pixie
View snickerimp's Photo Album
snickerimp's Fairy
My Mood: Bookworm
snickerimp has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I was glum but pretty calm about the closing when I read the notice last night. But today I found the Frosted Forest and it really hit me that there were people working very hard on new things for Pixie Hollow without knowing that a closing was coming. I can't imagine how much harder it must be on them. I only hope they are keeping their jobs and have already found new departments to create for. (A new technologically sound Hollow would be best). I'm glad that they're at least getting to show us what they have made for one last time. I also appreciate letting everyone try everything the Hollow had to offer one last time.

That said, I wish the ones in charge got to be the ones my nephew asked what happens to the pets at the Animal Adoption center after they close.

(Answer: I told him the fairy's had to close the Hollow to do work on the mainland like in Great Fairy Rescue, his current favorite movie, and will be taking the animals with him. He's keeping a look out in the back yard for evidence of pixies, the sweet little sprout.)
Old 08-21-2013, 05:39 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
SERIOUSLY? Club Penguin? Does anyone even play Club Penguin? As for the platform issue... that's awful, I wish there was something they could do...

Last edited by Night Wish; 08-21-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Click here to sign a petition. Lets try to get to 1000 signatures!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:12 PM
so much to do!!
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Found the link to contact Disney from the Official Site. COME ON, EVERY PIXIE! LETS SPAM THEM INTO GIVING US PH BACK!! WOO!!

http://disney.go.com/guestservices/contact

EDIT: Forgot to post link -_-

I just logged on and found this:
Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 2.38.58 PM.jpg
mistake?

And where the help about closing should be I found:
Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 2.39.05 PM.png

Guys this is too much for me

Last edited by Jenny Hollybell; 08-21-2013 at 06:39 PM.