PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Cave Drawings

Cave Drawings Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars archive

Old New Game Idea Like Pixie Hollow: Tell Me What You Think

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:08 PM
PH is but a star away....
View Calichick15's Photo Album
Calichick15's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Relaxed
Calichick15 has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
I could help out with storytelling as well, I wish you all the best of luck with this!

-Celeste
Old 06-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Okay, I have found multiple animation (mostly 2D) sites/softwares. Another thing I found out, is that MMORPG's (which is what PH was) can take years to make. So, if we somehow find out a way to make this website, it will most likely take a long time, and who knows, maybe some of us will lose our passion for the website during the whole building/designing/etc. process. I'm not saying we shouldn't try doing this. I am willing to make this an actual website. This is just a heads-up/warning.

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 06-30-2014 at 06:17 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:18 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa Diamondflower View Post
Okay, I have found multiple animation (mostly 2D) sites/softwares. Another thing I found out, is that MMORPG's (which is what PH was) can take years to make. So, if we somehow find out a way to make this website, it will most likely take a long time, and who knows, maybe some of us will loose our passion for the website during the whole building/designing/etc. process. I'm not saying we shouldn't try doing this. I am willing to make this an actual website. This is just a heads-up/warning.
Maybe we should ask for extra help to make it an actual website so it would take only months, not years.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 

Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowswirls View Post
Maybe we should ask for extra help to make it an actual website so it would take only months, not years.
We could try that.

Here is some good advice from a person on Yahoo Answers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Realistically, though, you first need a plan. All good software starts with a plan, and it's often the hardest part.
First and most importantly, you really need to learn a programming language. Learning a programming language will teach you exactly what a computer is capable of and what is easily do-able and what is extremely difficult. I recommend learning Java, as it's very portable and will teach you good habits right from the start. There are all kinds of free resources to help get you started learning and some great books on game development if you have some money to spend. On your road to building your MMORPG, I recommend you start with something simpler: Perhaps write a simple single-user 2D prequel to your game. You will need some graphic and sound skills, too. For graphics, the GIMP is a free software program similar to Adobe PhotoShop that will give you the tools you'll need to learn about graphics development. Once you get started developing your simple game, start thinking things like "What if I wanted to make this multi-player? How could I make use of networking to add users?" Fortunately, Java has a rich networking stack to help you pass data around. Once you get THAT working, you can start building 3D models and animating them and so forth, and start thinking about making it client/server, etc. etc. etc. I realize this sounds like a lot of work that won't directly contribute to your end vision, but you must learn to walk before you learn to run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

I find all that very helpful to us!
Old 06-30-2014, 06:28 AM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
That's a good advice, Alexia. Because this game will be built in 2D's, perhaps your advice might be useful. But same as Pixie Hollow, this game will include the 3D's style/real style characters. Well, I need someone who can draw a realistic hair, maybe (because I can't). Thank you for your advice, Alexia.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Whoa, there are 2 more storytellers, maybe you all should continue the story now? I'm still thinking of the battle board. The first world is: Evergreen Wonderland with few of this places you will go (in order):

1. Cozy Central
2. Gameria
3. Central School
4. Shopping Street
5. The Country
6. Wet Tunnel
7. Evergreen Wonderland Waterway (with Access to another Waterway)

The story continues...
~Alyce

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 06-30-2014 at 06:56 AM. Reason: typo + something ;)
Old 06-30-2014, 06:57 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyce Natalie View Post
Whoa, there are 2 more storytellers, maybe you all should continue the story now? I'm still thinking of the battle board. The first world is: Evergreen Wonderland with few of this places you will go (in order):

1. Cozy Central
2. Gameria
3. Central School
4. Shopping Street
5. The Country
6. Wet Tunnel
7. Evergreen Wonderland Waterway (with Access to another Waterway)

The story continues...
~Alyce
Great idea? Is this world for both fairies and humans, or just for humans because, in my opinion, it seems like this world would be for humans. Maybe the fairies and humans would all have their own worlds, but fairies could still visit the human world, and vice versa. This is just an idea.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Pixie Forever
View PenelopeRaindrop's Photo Album
PenelopeRaindrop's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Participant's Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: Rainbow
PenelopeRaindrop has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
fairies world should stick on to nature stuff. Leaf and flower clothing and furniture.

humans world should be normal
Old 06-30-2014, 07:41 AM
Moon Light River
View Moon Light River's Photo Album
Moon Light River's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2014 Award 

My Mood: Bored
Moon Light River is a talented FairyMoon Light River is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent
This is a good idea, but it would take a while to make... Also, this isn't really like the original PH.. It seems like its changing a ton with the resist, health, etc. It kinda sounds like wizard/pirate101 to me.. (but thats just my opinion).. Good luck though
Old 06-30-2014, 09:39 AM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 

Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Yes, Nightshade is right, this game is similar to Wizard/Pirate101 game. But the differences are, you can still gather ingredients, earn many badges, and play games just like Pixie Hollow. Even, you can go to the special meadow like Mermaid Grotto, in this game, not like Wizard/Pirate101. So, this game are also have a glimpse of Pixie Hollow too, but not as much as Wizard/Pirate101. But remember, "The Fun Had Been Doubled!" I hope you enjoy your experience while playing this game, even this took years to finish.
----------------------------------------------------
Another happy news! I had made the first place concept, yes Cozy Central!

This is the concept of Cozy Central. This is the most common and crowded place in this game, because your characters will be bound here in the first time. I can't make the texture of the bricks, so I need some help to make it. Also, in the middle of this place, there's a life pool, when you're defeated in battle with enemies, you will be bound to this life pool, just the same as Pirate101 Life Fountain. This place have no enemies, and you can go up to the Cherryblossom tree to play game "Petal Looping". Play this game once, and an NPC (Non Playing Characters) will appear under one of the tree. The name is Benny (Human) and will guide you to access the next area. If you go up to the stair, you will send to another place, or if you go behind the life pool, it's the same. What's the place, you ask? You just have to find out later by yourself, pixies.

Please tell me what you think, because I tend to make everything perfect at the end.
~Alyce
Old 06-30-2014, 10:19 AM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Alyce, I think your picture of Cozy Central is awesome! I'm thinking of stuff to put in the story, but mainland stuff is beginning to pile up.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:21 PM
I had wings once...
View Orchid Nightwhirl's Photo Album
Orchid Nightwhirl's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Winter 2014 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Angelic
Orchid Nightwhirl is a talented FairyOrchid Nightwhirl is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
I love the Cozy Central idea! I would love to help! Maybe I could do Character Talking? What exactly do they do?
Old 06-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Derp.
View Figfig's Photo Album
Figfig's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Pixie Resolutions Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Cheerful
Figfig has disabled reputation
Garden Talent Animal Talent
This sounds like fun! The concept is very good so far; I look forward to seeing what comes out of this!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid Nightwhirl View Post
I love the Cozy Central idea! I would love to help! Maybe I could do Character Talking? What exactly do they do?
Well, thank you for requesting to become the talking characters. They exactly talk just exactly the same as the story dialog made by the storyteller. Unfortunately, I need lots of character talker and I hope I could have more user who request to become the character talker in this new game. But actually, we need the storyteller in work first.

~Alyce
Old 06-30-2014, 05:30 PM
PH is but a star away....
View Calichick15's Photo Album
Calichick15's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 

My Mood: Relaxed
Calichick15 has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyce Natalie View Post
Well, thank you for requesting to become the talking characters. They exactly talk just exactly the same as the story dialog made by the storyteller. Unfortunately, I need lots of character talker and I hope I could have more user who request to become the character talker in this new game. But actually, we need the storyteller in work first.

~Alyce
If you need more character talkers I can also help out with that as well as storytelling if you want me to, I can also start writing up some dialogue too (sorry if I'm getting a little carried away with this, I just want to be able to help that's all )

- Celeste
Old 06-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
I love the concept art for Cozy Central! It's really good! I'll help with voices and/or story too! I will pretty much help in I can! I hope I don't sound selfish or anything.