PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Shops, Tailors, Bakeries & Tinkering

Shops, Tailors, Bakeries & Tinkering Discussions about the various Shops and Crafting Nooks within the game.

Old Daisy's and Harmony's -- WHAT?!?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:00 AM
Is a Pixie
View KAZ1167's Photo Album
KAZ1167's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 3

KAZ1167 has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
I still haven't quite decided how I feel about the changes to the hollow today. On the one hand, I love that all the dyes are in one place. Flying around to the different stores was a pain. I also love the details in Daisy's new store as well as Harmony's. They just feel like fairy shops.

BUT... I will never shop at Harmony's. Ever. I mean, I don't even use the silly sweets I have and I'd rather bake cookies and have it count toward badges. When I first logged on and saw the new sweet shop, I immediately thought "oh great...another Diamond shop." I even looked through the badge section of the leaf journal with dread (which, trust me, NEVER HAPPENS) because I didn't want it to be the fairy garden situation all over again. I personally can't stand the gardening badges-it bothers me that I have to spend diamonds (and essentially my real-life money) to get a badge so I've stopped collecting them (which is fairly disappointing since one of my favorite things to do in the Hollow is collect badges).

I guess I also feel a little disappointed with Disney's direction on this one. I've always thought a sweet shop would be cute, but I imagined our fairies actually MAKING sweets, like cupcakes we could frost or candy or something. I don't just want another shop.

I also am apprehensive about what the spaces left behind by the dye shops will be filled by. It seems like the only thing the Never Council adds is Diamond shops that further negate the benefits of being a member. Honestly, if we just get 3 more "Diamond-only" shops, I just might go crazy...
Old 09-08-2012, 05:54 AM
Is a Pixie
View Laguna's Photo Album
Laguna's Fairy
My Mood: Artistic
Laguna is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
The idea of "the customer is always right" is something that every business should acknowledge, otherwise they will lose their source of income.
Actually Onionleaf, the customer ISN'T always right. I'm taking a business administration class, and our professor told us that, "The RIGHT customer is always right." Meaning that as long as they cater to their target market (which in this case is girls ages 6-9 or something) they'll carry on their merry way.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Is a Blaugrana Princess ♥
View Serendipity Stardance's Photo Album
Serendipity Stardance's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2013 Award Thankful Award Summer 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Sugar-Rush
Serendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy 2 Jules View Post
So you think that it was fair of them to remove one of the Sparrow Men shops and reduce them to being able to shop at only one place? I guarantee if it had been Gale's that they removed and claimed all Fairies still had Summit Style that you would have a different opinion.

~ Em
I don't mean that, I have a sparrow man too, I just said that it's the same thing, they just need more space for others stores, in this case the beautiful silly sweet store, but for me its just a game, I dont have any special feeling for stores, I love the clothes and I don't care from what store it is, if they take away Gale' its not the big deal for me, in fact I love and collect diamond clothes :P as I said It was just my opinion.

And btw THANKS! I dont notice about the lost dyes!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybloom View Post
Actually Onionleaf, the customer ISN'T always right. I'm taking a business administration class, and our professor told us that, "The RIGHT customer is always right." Meaning that as long as they cater to their target market (which in this case is girls ages 6-9 or something) they'll carry on their merry way.
That's a good point! I guess it would not matter for such a large company to see some of their older players leave the game. I don't know how kids at such a young age would be able to tell the PH staff their own opinions of the game, but I do have to wonder about the type of responses they would receive.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 09-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Foxfeather Animal Fairy
View Foxfeather's Photo Album
Foxfeather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 173

My Mood: fairyish
Foxfeather is a Fast FlyerFoxfeather is a Fast FlyerFoxfeather is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent
Another change... when you make a new fairy you start with one diamond.
my first level instead of 2 I got one more. They are stopping everyone from making new fairies to get diamond items. The levels might be changing too or a glitch I don't know.
UGH!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:22 AM
crabby old lady fairy!
View Grace Moonglow's Photo Album
Grace Moonglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 77

My Mood: Dancing
Grace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Teasing NOT happy!!

I just had to give my 2 cents:

DARN them anyway!!!!
I absolutely DESPISE their little "surprises!!"

I was NOT able to get the Sand Castles from Harmony's Shop,
NOR was I able to get the outfits I wanted from the Post Office!!

I cannot STAND IT when things are done without ANY WARNING!
Had they told us that:
"Changes will be made to the following shops: (listed here). If you wish to purchase something from them, do it BEFORE Thursday at 9pm.
We will be CLOSING at that time to make some BIG changes and you will NOT be able to log back in until AFTER all the updates have been made!"

That sign would have given me (as well as others) the FAIR WARNING I would have definitely paid attention and get done what I needed in time.

I am a very upset pixie right now!!

Oh! and BTW, at 2:40am - when I first log in after the updates, I could trade out for THREE Diamonds a day and now it's only TWO??!!!
How RUDE of them!!

grrrr!!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:23 AM
Animal Talent
View Jellyblossom's Photo Album
Jellyblossom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Make A Wish Award National Cookie Day 2012 Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Dreamy
Jellyblossom is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
So much changes in a day! I like the fact you can buy multiple dyes at once, and I love some of the new colors. However, they should have warn us, so we could stock up or corn cob yellow and others that suddenly are gone.

The Sweet Shop looks nice, but I would never use it. And it's another diamond only shop

I noticed too new fairies got less diamonds to start with and get only one new diamond for a next level, so making new fairies to get the post office things isn't that easy anymore.

Oh well, if we could trade more diamonds a day that wouldn't be a problem, so maybe we can ask that. And I hope they will fill in the empty spaces where the dye shops used to be with new games and stuff because the meadows look so emtpy now!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:41 AM
We heart PHF!
View Indigo Twinkleheart's Photo Album
Indigo Twinkleheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pixie Resolution Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: QuiteMad
Indigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dust
Light Talent Tinker Talent
this corner of the meadow looks a little less empty... wonder who's moving in?

<peers into window>

~Twink

Last edited by Indigo Twinkleheart; 09-08-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:21 AM
crabby old lady fairy!
View Grace Moonglow's Photo Album
Grace Moonglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 77

My Mood: Dancing
Grace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy 2 Jules View Post
Meh, this is a okay whatever update for me. Yeah, it's nice especially for those of us that have full pouches. But to recoup say the Spider Silk I would need to spend in one day to get my 3 diamonds (1,500 Spider Silk); I would have to play Water Web for about an hour and a half (5 times of the Royal Level at 15 minutes per game plus some "wiggle" in between time). And that is not worth my time or energy for 3 diamonds. Having the option available though is nice.
~ Em
Gee, Em, I know you are only using the Spider Silk as an example, but WHY wouldn't you use LILY for the trade?
If you're going to play Water Web anyway (my fave game as well!), you would have to spend far less time re-stocking.

Or, since LILY are Bunching right now in the Ballroom, that would be a faster way to re-stock as well.

My big plan is to use what ever is in the Ballroom for each season, as my "go to spot" for all shopping/re-stocking sprees!

eeeee-hehehe!

Last edited by Grace Moonglow; 09-08-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:39 AM
View Persinette's Photo Album
Persinette's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 2

Persinette is a talented FairyPersinette is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Tinker Talent
Just a thought, but what if you're looking at the diamond trade the wrong way? What if they added that option so you could trade them for ingredients?

One diamond gives you 100, 200 or 400 ingredients depending on what you need, that's a lot easier than playing games. Granted, it's a lot more expensive, but a lot less time consuming especially for those fairies who have already reached level 28 and who can't get any more talent points...

So basically they've given us the option to buy ingredients. Maybe a way to get members to use more diamonds.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Miss you all <3
View Julie Sunripple's Photo Album
Julie Sunripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 65

My Mood: fairyish
Julie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
(Okay, one more post.)

I created a new fairy and she started out with five diamonds. However, in her leaf journal it still says she will get two diamonds to get to level 1. It is virtually impossible to get the pieces of the tricolor dress now, unless you level up to 13 or 14 (I forgot exactly which).
Old 09-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Is a Pixie
View bayberry bubbleweather's Photo Album
bayberry bubbleweather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Happy Holidays'09 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: Sleepyy
bayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queen
Water Talent
what is going on with the diamonds, today it said that i can only trade ingredients for 0 diamond a day and yesterday it said two ( despite the three for many people) i am starting to change my idea about the whole diamond trade.

on the other hand, yes they should have warned us about the shop being changed, this came off as to big of a surprise and not particularly in a good way for me.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Goodbye Pixie Hollow :(
View pink_guavas's Photo Album
pink_guavas's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Userpage Donation Award Pixie Resolution Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Make A Wish Award Thankful Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: BusyBee
pink_guavas has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Moonglow View Post
I just had to give my 2 cents:
Oh! and BTW, at 2:40am - when I first log in after the updates, I could trade out for THREE Diamonds a day and now it's only TWO??!!!
How RUDE of them!!

grrrr!!!!
I noticed them only letting us trade ingredients for two diamonds but I thought it was just a glitch, its a shame really
Old 09-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Cupcake :)
View CookiezPrincess's Photo Album
CookiezPrincess's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Pixieish
CookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
I my self see the up sides, we have one dye shop and we can buy more then one with out buying it over and over, but I dont like not having two furnisher stores! We now have less furnisher then we already did -_- everything is diamonds, diamonds diamonds DIAMONDS! We get it! We can buy stuff with diamonds now, dont bleed us dry on diamonds, because they cost real money... I dont like that not members can do so much with diamonds, if so I am waiting to see members be able to do more with OUT diamonds. Like more levels, a member only shop, something new for members only would make me much happier with these major changes, I dont mind the party games in home but I rarely throw parties, or even go to parties so it doesnt affect me much. I understand that non-members need stuff to do too, but when non-members can do just as much, it annoying I dont like the new sweet shop, I understand now that non-members can go on adventures they need sweets but come on getting rid of a furnisher shop is not worth it, just combine the bakery with the sweet shop instead of getting rid of a furnisher store. I was not very happy with most of these changes, but I am excited to see what will take the place of these dye stores.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Goodbye! <3
View Autumn Sunshimmer's Photo Album
Autumn Sunshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Signature Donation Award Shop Till We Drop Pixie Parade Skillful Shopper's Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 48

My Mood: Moving
Autumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the Queen
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persinette View Post
So basically they've given us the option to buy ingredients. Maybe a way to get members to use more diamonds.
Well, I believe it's to have everyone spend more on diamonds because it is
easier and more convenient. Why spend hours of playing games and gathering when you can just get those ingredients (and a lot of them) for only about .16 cents a diamond!