PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars

Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars Movie Production, Artwork, Animations, Sounds and other creative things to do with Pixie Hollow and Disney.

Old Redrawing old pictures

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 03:50 AM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Wink Art improvement

PHF Members only:

Spoiler for Old Stuffs:
Hi guys, since I was a bit inactive in this forum, I'm start practicing to make a 'little bit' better art creation and start learning from image references. In my learning progress, I make a forum fairy, which named Onionleaf, as a portrait fairy. I want to make the portrait stays in it's true form, so I don't add any accessories in her head. Oh, and if you're wondering about the text 'Onionleaf' that's in the picture, that's my handwritting . I write it with a pen (well, I'm glad I can still use that 'oldish' pen, haha). So without further explanation, here's the portrait:

Let me know what do you think about my art, thanks.

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 03-18-2017 at 08:21 AM. Reason: update
Old 11-15-2015, 05:14 AM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Wow, Alyce! Your portrait is gorgeous! I love how you capture the spirit of Onionleaf's fairy in the picture and at the same time retain your signature art style. You also have pretty handwriting.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:59 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Wow! That drawing is amazing, Alyce! Keep up the good work!
Old 11-15-2015, 08:19 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Wow, what a beautiful sketch, Alyce! It looks incredible; I especially love the way your drew her hair. You also did a great job on her eyes - I find that in portraits, it's often the eyes that makes a model come to life.
I'm sure that Alexia will love this!

On a side note, you have really nice handwriting.

Sig made by the amazing Ruby (Book Thing)!

Old 11-17-2015, 10:57 AM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 

Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Thank you for your nice comments everyone!

Spoiler for Old Stuffs:
Well, I think I would like to show you one of my outfit designs sneak peek, this is for the Onionleaf's Costume Contest, since I really enjoy the result, it looks very nice. This is my first attempt to make costume by graphic tablet, with some contrast coloring experiment. I use Twilight as the model:

and here's the transparent version:

Thanks for lurking and reading everyone.

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 07-20-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:18 AM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Wow! I love that outfit, Alyce! I wish you luck at the contest!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:49 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Oh my goodness, this was such a lovely surprise! I stopped on by this beautiful piece of art yesterday but didn't have enough time to write a proper reply. Thank you so very much for letting Alexia be your model, she is very honored! I absolutely love the "natural look" of your portrait, all I could do was sigh when I first saw it as I was lost for words. And your handwriting is very cute, I like how you added a leaf at the end of the name.

I'll print out your drawing and add it to my precious collection of art gifts. It's truly one-of-a-kind!

And just look at all the detail on your fairy outfit, wow! Well done on completing it, don't forget to add it to the contest thread and best of luck!

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 11-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thank you for your wonderful comments everyone!
Specially to Onion, I'm really glad you like my portrait drawing, and my outfit designs. Your comments make my day becomes better!

Spoiler for Old Stuffs:
Today, I want to share my sketch on a paper, just for fun. It's a fairy named 'Angela' (call her Angel) and she's a Magician talent (description: "Changes anything in their own Desires"). I will color the picture soon, because I really enjoy the result of the drawing.

Everything that I write are the concept and the 'shadow' of the result of the drawing (well, I'm not pretty sure the word of shadow..., I'm very bad at English, yikes). I will post the coloring pages soon, so you can color the picture in your own desires, and you can share your result in this thread. I really want to know in your comment, what do you think? Thanks for reading everyone.

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 07-20-2016 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:03 PM
Our fairies are in our ♥s
View PixieHollowForever's Photo Album
PixieHollowForever's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Arcade Champ Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 2016 Holiday Traditions Contest PHF Winter Award 2016 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: fairyish
PixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Water Talent Light Talent
I wish I could draw as well as you!
Old 11-24-2015, 12:42 AM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Alyce your designs are just wonderful. Twi would most definitely wear that outfit in Pixie Hollow. And the magician's outfit adorable. Can not wait to see more.

~Twi
Old 11-24-2015, 07:38 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyce Natalie View Post
Specially to Onion, I'm really glad you like my portrait drawing, and my outfit designs. Your comments make my day becomes better!
I'm so glad too, thank you so much for sharing your artwork with us!

Ooh, this new design is so pretty, I love everything about it! I'm curious to see how the line-art will turn out - if you'll make a coloring page for it, I will definitely have a go at coloring it in.

Old 11-25-2015, 02:25 PM
🔨💚✨Ꭾɾoʋɗ❤Ꭲɪɴκϵʀ✨💚 🔨
View Lily Snowfleck's Photo Album
Lily Snowfleck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Arcade Participants Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Happy
Lily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dust
Tinker Talent Light Talent Water Talent
Alyce, these are amazing! I love the facial expressions that the fairies use, especially on the third! And about your entry for the costume contest, the first words I came up with to describe it were "fairy" and "goddess"! Even though I plan to enter the contest, if I could, I would, without hesitation, have voted for you!

On a side note, I think your English is great for someone who lives speaking a different one most of the time. I live in Brazil, and I know people who truly speak bad English... You're definitely not one of them!

This gorgeous siggy was made by Ruby! Thank you so much!
Old 11-27-2015, 12:44 PM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thanks a lot for your wonderful comments everyone! Thank you for brighten my day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Snowfleck View Post
And about your entry for the costume contest, the first words I came up with to describe it were "fairy" and "goddess"! Even though I plan to enter the contest, if I could, I would, without hesitation, have voted for you!
Thank you for your fantastic comment about my entry of the contest (lol I feel I don't really deserve it ). For me, your entry in the contest is just awesome! I really like on how you design the castle in the background, it looks very fantastic! Your fairy drawing is 'super' cute, and I really adore on how you design the clothes and its pattern, I really don't have any idea to draw clothes just like that (oh my). Well done! Good luck for you too, I will also vote for you!

PS: I think your clothes is a new inspiration for my art! I hope you don't really matter if I use your clothes as the inspiration for the next art of mine, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Snowfleck View Post
On a side note, I think your English is great for someone who lives speaking a different one most of the time. I live in Brazil, and I know people who truly speak bad English... You're definitely not one of them!
LOL, thanks for your wonderful comment for my English. Well, I don't know some of my friends says my English is bad because they seems to be an expert in English language, but at least I'm very glad that someone (like you of course!) says that my English is great. Thank you once again... (embarrassment face)

Spoiler for Old Stuffs:

Now comes for the information and a bit *serious* part, okay?

Unfortunately, I cannot do the line-art now, because I feel that it's easier to do it after all the picture coloring finishes. For the great news, I'm in my coloring progress, and here's the result:

Click the image to view the full version

(click the image for larger size) There you can see my rough drawing in brushes (I know it's very messy, lol).

I found a new drawing technique (which I see it's very helpful for my drawing improvement), because now I'm not going to use that old (pesky smudging grrrr) technique anymore, which turns my drawing into an ugly results. So, I'm going to explain a bit about the new technique (through the detailed size of the necklace in animated version):

I'm using the 'smooth airbrush effects' tools both on coloring and erasing the picture, with some glimpse of 'rough brushes' tools to erase the sharp edges. I will finish the pictures soon...

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 07-20-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:40 PM
🔨💚✨Ꭾɾoʋɗ❤Ꭲɪɴκϵʀ✨💚 🔨
View Lily Snowfleck's Photo Album
Lily Snowfleck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Arcade Participants Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Happy
Lily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dust
Tinker Talent Light Talent Water Talent
Awww, thank you and your welcome! And no, I don't mind at all; It's an honor that you will be using my entry as inspiration!

Also, your new art is looking fantastic so far! I can't wait to see how the finished result turns out!

This gorgeous siggy was made by Ruby! Thank you so much!
Old 11-28-2015, 04:08 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Wow, your work in progress is looking beautiful so far! I can't wait to see how it will turn out if it will all have as much detail as the face and skin. You're doing a fantastic job with the airbrush tool too.

And your English is not bad at all, Alyce! I actually think that you've improved significantly in the past year. Just like in art, the only way to learn is to practise, practise, practise, so keep on posting and before you know it, you'll start writing just as well as your friends (or even better!)

Closed Thread