PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Site Content > News Articles

News Articles This is the forum for all News-Worthy information. New threads are moderated in this forum. New threads are moderated.

Old PHF Moving Forward

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Magical Mystery Fairy
View Zilly's Photo Album
Zilly's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 
Total Awards: 126

My Mood: Bahahaha
Zilly is on Tink's Buddy ListZilly is on Tink's Buddy ListZilly is on Tink's Buddy ListZilly is on Tink's Buddy ListZilly is on Tink's Buddy ListZilly is on Tink's Buddy ListZilly is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
PHF Moving Forward

We're not going anywhere!

With the recent closure of Toontown Online, Pixie Hollow, and Pirates of the Caribbean Online, and any plans for reopening being off in the future, the administrators have had to make some difficult decisions. Do we change? To what? When? What will we be rated?

We'd like to announce that we know the answers to those questions now. Wednesday October 16th the ToontownCentral.com site will be taken offline. Don't panic! We will reopen Friday October 18th as MMOCentralForums.com. The current URL will continue to redirect for some time. We'll warn you before it stops. Additionally, MMOCentralForums.com will condense most of our current sites into one. All DisneysOnlineWorlds sites except PixieHollowForums.com will be archived.

MMOCentralForums? What will that do?
MMOCentralForums won't be built around a single game. We will be offering forums for a wide variety of games along with the off topic and creative areas our members enjoy. There will also be forums geared towards specific age groups, which we will explain more when the site reopens. A few other surprises are in store!
What happens to my account?
All current TTC accounts will remain active. You will log in with your username and password just like you do now. Your contact list will be there, all images, all posts, reputation... Nothing will change. If you are a member of another site it will be necessary to register on the current www.ToontownCentral.com. We will be transferring all subscriptions (and a few other account perks as well!) from each archived site to the new MMOCentralForums.com. PixieHollowForums.com members will not need to do anything unless you'd like to join the new site as well.
What will these new forums be rated?
After a lot of thought and debate we have elected to remain G-rated with a few changes. Think of it as G+. The family friendly nature of our site is an important part of who we are. We will be posting an updated version of our policies to illustrate these changes.
What do you mean "other sites will be archived."
The current site will be closed and a redirect will be created. Those posts will be read-only. All images will also be saved. It will be necessary to create a new account on the TTC site. Unfortunately that is unavoidable. However, we will still maintain a scaled down forum for those sites on MMOCentralForums.com. You will not lose a place to talk about a game you loved!

I'm part of a clan, what will happen to that?
The decision to stay open or close will be made by your current clan leaders. At this time we have no plans to close any clans.

Obviously, these are only the basics of our plans and what's in store. We have decided to make these changes so that we are more adaptable within the changing world of gaming. We are open to suggestions and ideas. We'll be different, but we hope you'll continue to call us home.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilly View Post
We're not going anywhere!

We'd like to announce that we know the answers to those questions now. Wednesday October 16th the ToontownCentral.com site will be taken offline. Don't panic! We will reopen Friday October 18th as MMOCentralForums.com. The current URL will continue to redirect for some time. We'll warn you before it stops. Additionally, MMOCentralForums.com will condense most of our current sites into one. All DisneysOnlineWorlds sites except PixieHollowForums.com will be archived.
I am worried I read this paragraph wrong, with respect to Pixie Hollow Forums. If Pixie Hollow Forums site won't be archived, does that (eek) mean that old posts will be deleted?

Or does it mean that Pixie Hollow Forums will be completely unchanged?

Anxiously,
Stormy Lightningberry

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 09-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Gone camping
View RiverLunaMorningvalley's Photo Album
RiverLunaMorningvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award Thankful For Award EKB Meme Award 
Total Awards: 34

My Mood: Pixieish
RiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
This could be really fun! However, I have a few questions:

• Would the only way to sign up be to register on ToonTown Forums or can we sign up once the sites are merged?

• Would Pixie Hollow Forums be included in that big site or are we only on this site?

Thanks so much! Looking forward to this!

~ Luna
Old 09-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Is Reminiscing...
View McKenzieO1's Photo Album
McKenzieO1's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Arcade Spooktacular Participant's Award Halloween 2013 Award Design A Silly Sweet Participant's Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Reading
McKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent
Okay, this is super exciting news! and I believe pulling us all together to stand strong "As One, is a wonderful idea and decision and certainly it will help many.

As I ponder on my thoughts as to any suggestions or ideas on how to make this a better experience as we will be moving forward into a much larger G+ rated community, I would also like to know how a "Paid Membership, will work. You can count me in on the donations effort to help maintain/ keep the site running -> Possibly forever! lol!

Hey, a person can dream, right? Never let go of your dreams!

~Toons ~Fairies ~Pirates

Last edited by McKenzieO1; 09-25-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: typo/ Grrrr!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverLunaMorningvalley View Post
This could be really fun! However, I have a few questions:

• Would Pixie Hollow Forums be included in that big site or are we only on this site?

Thanks so much! Looking forward to this!

~ Luna
Thats what I wanna know too? Will Pixie Hollow Forums still be open, or is it being merged into the bigger site too?
Old 09-25-2013, 02:40 PM
View Batleth's Photo Album
Batleth's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Klingon Award 2012 PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 
Total Awards: 130

My Mood: Busy
Batleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry View Post
I am worried I read this paragraph wrong, with respect to Pixie Hollow Forums. If Pixie Hollow Forums site won't be archived, does that (eek) mean that old posts will be deleted?

Or does it mean that Pixie Hollow Forums will be completely unchanged
PHF will remain unchanged for now. Nothing will be deleted or lost. See below for further explanation.

Quote:

• Would the only way to sign up be to register on ToonTown Forums or can we sign up once the sites are merged?
Unfortunately, we can't transfer registrations or profiles from the other sites to TTC. Anyone wishing to join TTC will have to register again there.
Quote:

For now, PHF will remain open. It is a fairly active site even after the game has closed. We will be monitoring it's progress. There are some other pixie and fairy type games out there that could still be discussed.

If the site lapses to the point where there are very few posts and/or traffic by it's members, we may consider merge/archiving it to TTC as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenzieO1 View Post
I would also like to know how a "Paid Membership, will work. You can count me in on the donations effort to help maintain/ keep the site running -> Possibly forever!
If you create a new account on TTC soon to be MCF, then send drop me a PM. I can transfer your subscriptions here on PHF to TTC without any loss of time or anything.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Yay! Pixie Hollow Forums is staying open!
Old 09-25-2013, 04:15 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth View Post
PHF will remain unchanged for now. Nothing will be deleted or lost. See below for further explanation.

Unfortunately, we can't transfer registrations or profiles from the other sites to TTC. Anyone wishing to join TTC will have to register again there.
For now, PHF will remain open. It is a fairly active site even after the game has closed. We will be monitoring it's progress. There are some other pixie and fairy type games out there that could still be discussed.

If the site lapses to the point where there are very few posts and/or traffic by it's members, we may consider merge/archiving it to TTC as well.

If you create a new account on TTC soon to be MCF, then send drop me a PM. I can transfer your subscriptions here on PHF to TTC without any loss of time or anything.

WAIT what? Is PHF closing? Or no..? Im so confused.. I hope old posts stay so many memories stored in this one forum!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Magical Mystery Fairy
View Zilly's Photo Album
Zilly's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 

Zilly is on Tink's Buddy ListZilly is on Tink's Buddy ListZilly is on Tink's Buddy ListZilly is on Tink's Buddy ListZilly is on Tink's Buddy ListZilly is on Tink's Buddy ListZilly is on Tink's Buddy List
There will be NO changes made to PHF at this time. However, if you would like to join the new site as well, simply register an account at www.toontowncentral.com. You can be a part of both sites.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
*sees title*
*panic*
*sees first line*
Oh, thank goodness! I thought we were really saying goodbye!
Also, I may join this new site, but I'll always be a member here!

(And to all who are concerned: all the other sites will be merging, but PHF will still be separate, and will remain open. We're going to be fine, guys. )
Old 09-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Rainbow Over the River
View Riverbow's Photo Album
Riverbow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
School Days Contest End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Cookies
Riverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Ok, so does this mean that the Disney Online Worlds Guide for all things Pixie Hollow game-related (screen shots of meadows, etc) will be archived and not accessible via the links we use now, or will it remain unchanged and accessible after October?

Thanks!
Riverbow
Old 09-25-2013, 07:23 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
I just went through the same emotions as Popcorn! Thank goodness this site isn't closing! I might have fainted right on the spot
Old 09-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Magical Mystery Fairy
View Zilly's Photo Album
Zilly's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbow View Post
Ok, so does this mean that the Disney Online Worlds Guide for all things Pixie Hollow game-related (screen shots of meadows, etc) will be archived and not accessible via the links we use now, or will it remain unchanged and accessible after October?

Thanks!
Riverbow
The wiki will remain accessible as it is now.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:18 PM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn1234 View Post
*sees title*
*panic*
*sees first line*
Oh, thank goodness! I thought we were really saying goodbye!
That was my exact reaction! I had to read it a few times before understanding

It's a good thing I've been registered on TTC for a few months! Out of curiosity, what will happen to the Pirates Online Forums and Club Penguin Forums?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:22 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I'm really glad our forums will still be around (hopefully forever!) But I was wondering, can I sign up for the new merged site even if I've never been on Toontown, Pirates, or any of that?