PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Site Content > News Articles > PHF's Official Contest and Competitions

PHF's Official Contest and Competitions Threads containing our competitions, contests, and suggetions.

Old School Days - September 2016 Contest

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 02:54 AM
How did I end up here?
View Joan's Photo Album
Joan's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 156

My Mood: Clueless
Joan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friend
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
School Days - September 2016 Contest

Today I hurry off to school,
To work and learn and play
I'm in a brand new grade this year.
What a happy day!!! -unknown

Yep, it's that time of year when school fills your days!! So it got me thinking...

What what would a typical school day be like in Pixie Hollow?

Would pixies learn the best and latest advances in clothes dying or perhaps an interior design course to spruce up all of our homes?

Does one get a Culinary Degree from Dulcie's Kitchen or from Harmony's Sweet Shop and can I minor in Silly Sweets?

I definitely would be interested in a semester of Talent games!!

Well put on your "thinking cap" and get those "creative juices flowing" to design what you think a course would look like in your gaming world.

You can write about it, you can draw about it, you can even produce a cartoon about it but make sure how ever you express your idea you post it here by 11:59pm on September 30th!

Once you complete your assignment there of course will be a shiny new award for you to print and stick on your fridge so all your family and friends can admire your brilliance!

A gift from the talented _Stormy_

Last edited by Joan; 09-19-2016 at 03:47 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:38 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I would figure school in Pixie Hollow would depend on your talent.

But to me the most exciting time of the year in Pixie school would be right before the preparations for a new season.
I imagine before autumn all of the Leaf painting Talent Fairies(now sign me up for that talent) would get together
with the Minister of Autumn to get the color palette chosen. And Frost and Snow Talents meet with the
Minister of Winter to discuss when the first frost and snow will come to the Mainland.

As for talents I would think Dulcie would teach Baking 101 to new fairies and then
Advanced Cookies and Silly Sweets to all fairies and then Holiday Treats
at the beginning of a new season with help from Harmony. Tink would show new Tinker Fairies how to gather and use Lost Things,
while Fairy Mary teaches Tinkering for Beginners. Daisy could teach to any fairy that wants to how to make
the perfect dye color. Trinket and Neville can teach decorating for the pixie home.

Pixie School sounds like so much fun, that would have been a wonderful addition to Pixie Hollow.

~Twi
Old 09-16-2016, 10:25 PM
3 "Sweet" Fairies
View Sapphire Sweetfeather's Photo Album
Sapphire Sweetfeather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 May the 4th Award 2017 Mother Earth Day Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 175

My Mood: Cookies
Sapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
I was worried the forum was going to be naughty and not let me into the thread to post my class, but HOORAY! I'm here!

Dye 101 The Basics
(Single Bottle of Dye Clothing)

This class would be a introductory class that would teach you that dying clothes isn't scary, but a fun and exciting way to liven up a item that you no longer use or to personalize any item to fit your personal style/talent.

It would also cover when NOT to dye an item. (For those exclusive items that the game wouldn't let us dye.)

Dye 202 Advance Dying
(Multiple Bottles of Dye Clothing)

This class would cover not only color schemes but the use of additional dyes to help make your clothing a statement piece.

Dye 303 Home Items

Covering the aspect of dying furniture to meet each fairies particular home decor.

I'm sure you all knew that it was going to be about Dye... I practically lived in that/those shops!

I can't wait to hear more about the classes you are inspired to create!

Profile Pic from Coconut. Thank You! Just Remember... I think I'm funny!
Old 09-18-2016, 02:00 AM
Rainbow Over the River
View Riverbow's Photo Album
Riverbow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
School Days Contest End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Cookies
Riverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Animal Talent Classes

I think school in Pixie Hollow for most nature talent fairies would feel a lot like "master naturalist" training on the mainland.

So we would have classes like hummingbird banding, wildlife food studies, native tree identification (and cavity nester classes - that's animals which live in tree holes or human-made nest boxes), how to test the water in a stream and identify itzy bitzy animals that live under the water, mammal identification with fur and pawprint samples, insect studies (which was a really hard class for me - it's called entymology) and fish studies (also difficult - ichthyology) and we would learn things like the three main ways that frogs survive winter and how to help them and recognize each species' voice!

It was really fun learning this on the mainland but in Pixie Hollow it would be the best, getting the chance to speak with the animals in each class! How amazing would that be?!

Riverbow
Old 09-18-2016, 04:19 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
I think everyone's ideas so far sound interesting and would be a great addition to Pixie Hollow.
While my idea is not exactly a class for a school, my first thought was group classes for wing therapy and exercise, sort of like our yoga classes on the Mainland. It could be located right next to the Pixie Spa, where fairies could "stretch their wings" and relax after a long day's work. It could include a range of options for the sessions, from fluttering exercises and correct landing and take-off posture, to knowing what portion of Pixie Dust to use for different tasks. Now wouldn't that be useful?

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 09-18-2016, 10:38 PM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Arrow

Here are subjects I created based on the talent games and crafting. The classes based on the talent games have four levels; each one teaches you a different difficulty (easy, medium, hard and royal)

Light talent subjects

• Firefly lighting-taught by Iridessa
• Gem juggling-taught by Iridessa (mining talents can take this class too)
• Fairy Firework crafting-taught by Minister of Autumn
• Sunbeam bending-taught by Iridessa

Garden talent subjects

• Petal picking-taught by Rosetta
• Seed sorting-taught by Minister of Spring
• Pinecone popping-taught by Rosetta(winter fairies can take that class too)

Water talent subjects-taught by Silvermist

• Water Web dewdrop collecting
• Bubble bouncing

Animal talent subjects

• Harvest hustling-taught by Fawn(harvest talents can take this class too)
• Snowy Lullaby music class-taught by Fawn(music talents can take this class too)
• First Flight teaching-taught by minister of summer

Tinker talent subjects

• Tinker tossing-taught by Tinkerbell
• Butterfly painting-taught by Tinkerbell (art talents can also take this class)
• Tinkering-taught by Copper

Winter talent subjects-taught by minister of winter

• Snowflake sweeping

Fast flying talent subjects-taught by Vidia

• Level 1-Daily spinning 101
o Learn to collect ingredient acorns from the whirlwind (once a day only!)
• Level 2-Advanced daily spinning
o Learn to collect outfits, decorations, badges and dyes from acorns

Sewing talent subjects

• Tailoring part 1 (first semester)-taught by Bobbin
o Learn to tailor tops, bottoms, headpieces and necklaces
• Tailoring part 2 (second semester)-taught by Mendy
o Learn to tailor belts, shoes, bracelets and anklets
• Advanced tailoring
o Learn more advanced tailoring techniques such as beading, buttoning, knitting and shearing

Baking talent subjects-taught by Dulcie

• Level 1-cookies
• Level 2-silly sweets
• Level 3-cupcakes

Dying talent subjects-taught by Daisy

• Dying level 1
o Learn the basics of dying
• Dying level 2
o Learn to dye two color items

I remember creating a school for never fairies a while ago.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:10 AM
Foxfeather Animal Fairy
View Foxfeather's Photo Album
Foxfeather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 173

My Mood: fairyish
Foxfeather is a Fast FlyerFoxfeather is a Fast FlyerFoxfeather is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent
animal fairies would be able to take different courses in animal care.
knowledge of different animals
animal habitats
harvest of natural food
healthy lifestyle of animals
hibernation and music to sleep by and wake up to
fun activities
fitness exercises, swimming and flying for those animals who can
companionship

it would be a full day with time out for all animals to rest and relax.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:03 PM
I miss PH & PHF
View Primrosesweet's Photo Album
Primrosesweet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Create A New Holiday Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017  
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Quiet
Primrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Lemme see....

As Autumn draws near, not only would the Theater continue to hold plays, but Lyria would hold a series of sessions called "The Basic Fairy Tales." Stories of the history of Pixie Hollow, as well as the legends. The event would be held mainly for the Story-Telling-Talents, but others could join as well.

And then Ginger would give a few lessons on the most recently discovered kinds of tea for the Baking Talents going with the other fairies to the Mainland. For who doesn't want some tea while making the weather cold on the Mainland?

Old 09-26-2016, 05:02 AM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Aww... I should've done some artwork this time... but I don't have any time to do that. Perhaps I should have some breaks of drawing activities...
Here's some sort of announcement about my school:

NOTE: The information in the announcement below are totally fictive. Please do not consider this as a real information.

Are you looking for some sort of part-time talent training school?
Then you're going to the right place! Yes, the Pixie Hollow Academy.
You're able to manage and choose your own school time available below (all of
these time are based on Pixie Standard Time):

Session 1: 08:00 - 11:00
Session 2: 13:00 - 16:00
Session 3: 16:00 - 19:00
Session 4: 20:00 - 23:00
____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____

You're also be able to be trained by specialized teacher that's professional in that subject available:

Baking Class

Summary of subjects that will be thought of:

Basics on Baking
How to stir the cream
How to pour the cream
How to bake the cookies

Baking Practical Activities
Create your own cookies
Bring your own ingredients available in PH
Add some sprinkles of Pixie Dust in your baking process

Advanced Baking Activities (such as making a Birthday Cake)
Decorating cake professionally basics
Cupcake making and decoration
Birthday Cake making in Groups of 2 or 3

Classes Available:
Class 101: Baking with Dulcie
Available on Session 1 and 3

Class 102: Baking with Harmony
Available on Session 1, 2, and 4

Speed Class (come if you dare!)

Specially thought by Mentor of Vidia.
Fast-flying talents are compulsory to attend this class. Other talents are optional.

How to create a tornado
Practical activities will be thought in Vidia's Daily Spin Game
Advanced activities will be thought surrounding the Autumn Meadow
during Changing of the Season celebration

How to fly in an average speed of 300 km/h
Fast-flying talents will not be thought in this class
Only other class talent will be thought in this class

How to fly in a spiral movement
Special movement for those fear-less fairy beings
Practical activities will be thought by flying through the tornado
Advance activities will be thought by flying in a storm condition

Vidia will be available in Class 401 in Session 2 and 4

Tinkering Class

Tinker talents are compulsory to attend this class. Other talents are optional.

How to select the best ingredients
Basics on the best ingredients available for each tinkering items (such as Twigs)
Practical activities by searching those ingredients in PH meadow.

How to create a furniture
Basics on how to create a furniture blueprint
Basics on how to build up the furniture shape

Advanced on furniture creation
How to create a high-quality furniture
How to ensure the furniture can hold up in a long period of time
without being brittled out by quality check

Classes Available:
Class 701: Tinkering with Tinkerbell
Available on Session 4 only!

Class 702: Tinkering with Copper
Available on Session 1 and 2

Class 703: Tinkering with Bobble
Available on Session 2 and 4

Class 704: Tinkering with Clank
Available on Session 1 and 3
____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____

Those are only the popular selected classes available.
For more information about the other class, please
contact Fairy Mary. Thank you.

It's very tiring to write everything above. I'm glad that this finally finishes.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Well... I'm not trying to sound impatient, but when is the due date for this contest? (turns out that the thread is still open, is it after the 30th of September?)
Old 10-05-2016, 03:02 AM
How did I end up here?
View Joan's Photo Album
Joan's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 156

My Mood: Clueless
Joan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friend
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyce Natalie View Post
Well... I'm not trying to sound impatient, but when is the due date for this contest? (turns out that the thread is still open, is it after the 30th of September?)
Sadly I have been unable to access the thread for the last week until just this moment!! I ran into a technical problem with the award and we hope to have it fixed this so I can do awards tomorrow evening. I appreciate your patience and please feel free to message me if you ever have a question since I can always open them!

Joan

A gift from the talented _Stormy_
Closed Thread