PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies Minigames and Quests

Fairies Minigames and Quests Talk about the various minigames and quests around the realm

Old Tinker Toss Tips

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Is a Pixie
View DaphneBubbleMoon's Photo Album
DaphneBubbleMoon's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2014 Award Autumn 2014 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 25

My Mood: Happyy
DaphneBubbleMoon is a Fast FlyerDaphneBubbleMoon is a Fast FlyerDaphneBubbleMoon is a Fast FlyerDaphneBubbleMoon is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Shocked tinker toss

can someone please help me on how to beat the tinker toss game?
Old 07-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Tinker Toss Tips

I would be happy to help anyone who is having trouble with this game. Hmm, probably the best trick is to "flick" the items into the correct baskets, instead of having to move the mouse across the whole screen. Also, in every level there is always a certain item that you do not have to pick up - it rolls off the conveyor belt and falls right into its corresponding basket! Each level is different though, so you have to be careful.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki

Last edited by Mommy 2 Jules; 08-14-2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: pixie dusting
Old 07-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Is a Pixie
View Angeleyes's Photo Album
Angeleyes's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Userpage Donation Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Fiesty
Angeleyes has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Hi Daphne
I am with you. the only game i can not beat. Would appreciate any and all help anyone can give me
Good luck
Old 07-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Believes laughter is LIFE
View JovialOne's Photo Album
JovialOne's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2014 Award Spring 2014 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 62

My Mood: Lazy
JovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
I've heard many people say to put the settings on basic in your options because it slows down the lost things a little. I've also heard that this trick works if you are in a busy server or have lag due to many open windows as the result is the same with the pieces slowing down.

Me personally, it took me forever to get it and then when I did i was able to get the high score badge for two of my fairies. I am still terrified of that game though and have not returned unless the mentor fairies make me do it for a quest I know I try to grab the lost things as quick as possible and slam them into the baskets. Sometimes I toss them in the general direction of the baskets and hope they don't bounce out. I grab them right as they can be seen from the sides and do not give them much time sitting on the belt.

Good luck getting past that game and getting the high score badge
Old 08-14-2012, 03:45 PM
is Isabelle Daisypetal!
View Isabelle Daisypetal's Photo Album
Isabelle Daisypetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award National Cookie Day 2012 Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Valenpixie Day Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Thankful Award 
Total Awards: 17

My Mood: Cheeky
Isabelle Daisypetal has made Fairy Mary's A listIsabelle Daisypetal has made Fairy Mary's A listIsabelle Daisypetal has made Fairy Mary's A listIsabelle Daisypetal has made Fairy Mary's A list
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Tips For Tinker Toss

Any body know tips for TInker Toss because I need all the help I can get if I want that trophy...

MY highest is only 50,000 something...

Last edited by Isabelle Daisypetal; 08-14-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:14 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Ok let's see of I can explain this. I hope you understand this.

~When you have the two conveyor belts at either side the lost things alternate sides, so go from one side to the other.
~And usually the emerald and button basket is in the middle, so when you have the two conveyor belts just let those two lost things fall down, they will land right in the basket. And this gives you time to get to the next item.
~The second tip also works when you have the long conveyor belt too.

Other than that just be as fun as you can and try to keep that
chain going.

~Twi
Old 08-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Any more hints? I just played as hard as I could, and only got 52,000 points. No where near Leaderboard status.
Tinker Toss is impossible... did they really need to make the conveyor belts move SO FAST?
popcorn
(PS: I played it on Basic mode, Hidden Ridge server.)
Old 08-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
I would be happy to help anyone who is having trouble with this game. Hmm, probably the best trick is to "flick" the items into the correct baskets, instead of having to move the mouse across the whole screen. Also, in every level there is always a certain item that you do not have to pick up - it rolls off the conveyor belt and falls right into its corresponding basket! Each level is different though, so you have to be careful.
The Green gems fall in by themselves sometimes as do the blue buttons.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:31 AM
Is a Pixie
DaphneBubbleMoon's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2014 Award Autumn 2014 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award 

DaphneBubbleMoon is a Fast FlyerDaphneBubbleMoon is a Fast FlyerDaphneBubbleMoon is a Fast FlyerDaphneBubbleMoon is a Fast Flyer
tinker toss

so recently ive managed to get a score of 61,960 but cant get any score higher than that. i practiced some today and level 26/27 is where i mess up all the time and cant sort them because their just too fast! ive also tried to play in basic mode and even minimal mode as well as go to hidden ridge server to play and it doesnt work. maybe i dont have good hand-eye coordination... lol
Old 08-17-2012, 05:37 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
I am not sure if this will help, but I managed to record on video all the Tinker Toss levels from 15 to 30. Hopefully it could be used as a learning tool.
There's only one problem... My computer lags really badly while I am recording -- the built-in fan buzzes like crazy and the lost things begin moving at random speeds. I had to try clicking several times to get Leaf to hold them. So, just remember that I do not normally miss that many items, and the very last score shown was only for Royal levels, as the game disconnected at one point.

Here's the link: My Photobucket Album. I forgot that PB only allows 10 minutes maximum, so the video is split into two parts. First one is called "Tinker Toss 15-26".
You can mute the music if you wish, I was just bored and felt like tinkering around with the video game music tracks.

Also, here's a list of what items automatically fall off the conveyor belts into the correct baskets, starting from Level 15 (the other levels should be pretty straightforward):
Lvl 15-24: Buttons and Gems fall into their baskets from both directions.
Lvl 25: Gems from both sides, Buttons from the right, and (correct me if I'm wrong) Cogs from the left.
Lvl 26: Cogs and Nails.
Lvl 27: Buttons and Gems from both sides, but NOT at the same time! (otherwise they will hit each other and skew sideways)
Lvl 28: Only Cogs.
Lvl 29: Cogs from the left, Coins and Thimbles from the right.
Lvl 30: Cogs and Nails from the left, Buttons and Gems from the right.

A couple of extra tips to help you out:
  • Don't panic if your items begin falling off the conveyor belts, you will still have plenty of time to catch them!
  • There is normally a "rhythm" for every level, as the lost things appear one after the other at a constant rate. Once you practice enough times, you will know how much time you have for each item.

You can earn 80,000 points by completing the first 28 levels (or was it 27?) perfectly. Good luck!
If you need any other help I will try my best to help you out, but to tell you the truth, most of it will come through practice.

Last edited by Onionleaf; 08-18-2012 at 01:15 AM. Reason: minor edit
Old 08-18-2012, 12:05 AM
Mmmmm...vanilla!!
View vanillabug's Photo Album
vanillabug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Winner's Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Charming
vanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queen
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Heart Wow!!

Those videos are awesome! Thanks so so much for posting them. I don't know that I'll ever be able to play that well, but watching was very helpful!

Siggy by the ever so talented Twilight!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:25 AM
Is a Pixie
DaphneBubbleMoon's Fairy
Awards Showcase

tinker toss

onionleaf, thank you so much for posting those videos! though i havent beaten nor got on the leaderboard for tinker toss i improved my score! it was 61,960 and now its 66,270! if you dont mind, can you do that too for bubble bounce too please? id greatly appreciate it!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:51 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaphneBubbleMoon View Post
if you dont mind, can you do that too for bubble bounce too please? id greatly appreciate it!
Glad I could help, Daphne!
Oh dear.. I would love to help out with Bubble Bounce, but I am not the best at that game. I can normally only score up to 18,000-19,000 points, and it would probably be even worse while I am recording. I could try though!
If you wanted to earn the water-talent mega trophy, then I am afraid that it is no longer available, but you can earn the high score badge for Bubble Bounce at any time.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Feeling Sweet!
View Sweet Tooth Moments's Photo Album
Sweet Tooth Moments's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: BusyBee
Sweet Tooth Moments is on Tink's Buddy ListSweet Tooth Moments is on Tink's Buddy ListSweet Tooth Moments is on Tink's Buddy ListSweet Tooth Moments is on Tink's Buddy ListSweet Tooth Moments is on Tink's Buddy ListSweet Tooth Moments is on Tink's Buddy ListSweet Tooth Moments is on Tink's Buddy ListSweet Tooth Moments is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Wink Tinker Toss Stats

Thanks for the tips everyone! You all have inspired me to help out a little bit, too. Sometimes, I wonder what my score would have looked like if I hadn't made a mistake on a level and then to see how much it affected my score in the long-run. Also, I thought it would be nice to see which levels offered the most bonus points, so I could at least be aware to not carelessly throw one of the Lost Things into the incorrect basket. Hopefully what I have to share below, can help to give you a rudimentary idea of how many points were actually lost in a level, (if any mistakes were made) and how to go about improving the outcome of your score.

Some helpful information about the game:

Only three chances are given, which you will receive at the beginning of the game.

Run time/Duration: 22 - 25mins. depending on how fast you'd like to move, of course.

There are 30 levels in all and are categorized by difficulty level:
Easy Levels 1-5
Medium Levels 6-13
Hard Levels 14-21
Royal Levels 22-30

The most bonus points received in one level: 3,300

If one of the Lost Things happens to fall into the wrong basket -- you are most likely to be deprived of roughly 2,000 points or less. (As far as I know...)

It looks like everyone has already provided their best tips for the game, so there is only one piece of advice I can think of to share that hasn't already been mentioned. I would recommend clicking and dragging all of the Lost Things off of the conveyer belt to their designated baskets, (even if they are easy levels or the gems/buttons fall automatically into the basket without you having to click) only because, after the repetitious task of having to move the Lost Things into their baskets -- it should become a little easier for you to complete the most difficult levels, without really having to pay attention. Whether or not you realize it -- you are practicing.

Finally, listed below are the Stats! Levels 1-30 have been completed successfully without any mistakes being made in the process, showing you the approximate amount of points that can be gained from each level. I'm not sure how others have scored higher than 89,290 points but I guess there are a few tricks hidden somehow, somewhere that I missed...?

Tinker Toss Statistics:

Spoiler for Easy Levels 1-5 :
Easy Level 1 - Complete!
Perfect - 500
Longest Streak: 3 - 150
Chances Remaining: 3 - 300
Total Bonus: 950
Your Total Score: 980

Easy Level 2 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Longest Streak: 5 - 250
Total Bonus: 1,050
Your Total Score: 2,110

Easy Level 3 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Longest Streak: 8 - 400
Total Bonus: 1,200
Your Total Score: 3,530

Easy Level 4 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Longest Streak: 12 - 600
Total Bonus: 1,400
Your Total Score: 5,290

Easy Level 5 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Longest Streak: 15 - 750
Total Bonus: 1,550
Your Total Score: 7,290

Spoiler for Medium Levels 6-13:
Medium Level 6 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Longest Streak: 10 - 500
Total Bonus: 1,300
Your Total Score: 8,890

Medium Level 7 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 10,890

Medium Level 8 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 12,890

Medium Level 9 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Longest Streak: 20 - 1,000
Total Bonus: 1,800
Your Total Score: 15,290

Medium Level 10 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Longest Streak: 25 - 1,250
Total Bonus: 2,050
Your Total Score: 18,090

Medium Level 11 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Longest Streak: 20 - 1,000
Total Bonus: 1,800
Your Total Score: 20,490

Medium Level 12 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 23,290

Medium Level 13 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Longest Streak: 30 - 1,500
Total Bonus: 2,300
Your Total Score: 26,490

Spoiler for Hard Levels 14-21:
Hard Level 14 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Longest Streak: 35 - 1,750
Total Bonus: 2,550
Your Total Score: 30,090

Hard Level 15 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 32,890

Hard Level 16 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 36,090

Hard Level 17 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 39,690

Hard Level 18 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 43,290

Hard Level 19 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Longest Streak: 40 - 2,000
Total Bonus: 2,800
Your Total Score: 47,290

Hard Level 20 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 50,490

Hard Level 21 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 53,690

Spoiler for Royal Levels 22-30:
Royal Level 22 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 57,290

Royal Level 23 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 61,290

Royal Level 24 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 65,290

Royal Level 25 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 68,090

Royal Level 26 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 72,090

Royal Level 27 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 76,090

Royal Level 28 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Your Total Score: 80,090

Royal Level 29 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Longest Streak: 45 - 2,250
Total Bonus: 3,050
Your Total Score: 84,490

Royal Level 30 - Complete!
Perfect 500
Longest Streak: 50 - 2,500
Total Bonus: 3,300
Your Total Score: 89,290

Your rewards for completing all 30 levels perfectly

I hope this helps those of you who are still working on earning your Tinker-Talent Mega Trophy -- you still have about one week left from now to earn it.
By all means, feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I'd appreciate any constructive criticism regarding the work done, and hope it's beneficial towards you.
Wishing you guys the best of

Graphics made by, Twilight! Thanks!! Site Rules ~ The Wiki

Last edited by Sweet Tooth Moments; 08-24-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: tinkering
Old 08-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Oh my goodness, that must have been a lot of work Vanessa! Congratulations on earning a perfect score, too!!
Wait a second... now that I look at that score, I can see that I have indeed completed the game perfectly at one point. (I even made a thread about it, lol!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth Moments View Post
I'm not sure how others have scored higher than 89,290 points but I guess there are a few tricks hidden somehow, somewhere that I missed...?
My only guess would be that if you lose a chance, then you are allowed to try again and your score is not resetted for that level. I haven't tried it before, but that may be the reason.
I really have no idea how else it would work, I think your post pretty much proves it.