PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old Let's protest to save the hollow!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:44 PM
BK
View xAmberXOX's Photo Album
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: CantWait
xAmberXOX is a talented FairyxAmberXOX is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
Let's protest to save the hollow!

Ok ok this is good!! Club Penguin is associated with Disney Interactive right? Plus a long long time ago when PH was still open (this was in 2011 or 2012) I asked for help on something and the PH representative told me they work with Club Penguin too. Anyway let me cut to the chase. I'm sick of all the negative comments saying Pixie Hollow won't come back "Stop hoping it'll come back cause it won't" ok I'm sick of those! How do people even know if it will come back or not. Even if it doesn't we can still influence their decision. So I went through a couple of threads about protesting and I came up with a logical idea. We can email Club Penguin and make a deal with them. Now before you freak out let me explain. We can make a deal with them saying if we get enough (a certain amount) protesters to reopen the hollow, they will convince Disney Interactive OR ANOTHER COMPANY to reopen it! Isn't that logical or what?! So I can't do this alone, I need help. We need people to email CP (including me) and make a deal with them. But just don't act suspicious about this plan....

Now there's a site called care 2 petition site where you make petitions. Loads of pixies made petitions on this site when we first heard about the closing. Let's make a brand new one, I'll start it. So are you guys in with the plan? We have to give it a shot cause I think its a good plan and may work.

Ooh but while I'm making it, I need help on a couple of slots. It says--
Who do you want to petition? - should I put Disney Interactive?

Again let's just give it a shot! Who knows what'll happen?

Last edited by Onionleaf; 01-07-2014 at 12:05 PM. Reason: pixie dusting..
Old 01-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Club Penguin was not Disney's game originally, they bought it in 2007. So the big penguins waddling around was not their idea.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:54 PM
∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞
View Infinity Mistyvalley's Photo Album
Infinity Mistyvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Pixie Scavenger Hunt Participation Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Pixieish
Infinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent
Heart

Here is a tidbit of what I just sent to Club Penguin:

What I am about to say might be pointless, but it needs to be said. I was a member on Pixie Hollow. That game truly embodied everything Disney is about. Since the closing, I thought I would give Club Penguin a fair try. 3 1/2 months is a fair enough try including membership. I know Pixie Hollow is never coming back. But at the same time, just know you have lost out on a paying membership because your game could not keep me due to its lack of magic and creativity.

In the words of Lloyd Bentsen, I love Disney, I grew up with Disney, Disney is magic... Club Penguin, you are no Disney.

Fly with you,
Infinity Mistyvalley

~Infinity Mistyvalley

Last edited by Onionleaf; 01-07-2014 at 12:07 PM. Reason: moved post
Old 01-06-2014, 01:03 AM
BK
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 

Water Talent
Let's protest to save the hollow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Mistyvalley View Post
Here is a tidbit of what I just sent to Club Penguin:

What I am about to say might be pointless, but it needs to be said. I was a member on Pixie Hollow. That game truly embodied everything Disney is about. Since the closing, I thought I would give Club Penguin a fair try. 3 1/2 months is a fair enough try including membership. I know Pixie Hollow is never coming back. But at the same time, just know you have lost out on a paying membership because your game could not keep me due to its lack of magic and creativity.

In the words of Lloyd Bentsen, I love Disney, I grew up with Disney, Disney is magic... Club Penguin, you are no Disney.

Fly with you,
Infinity Mistyvalley

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Wow great job Infinity. You nailed them!

Infinity, Club Penguin not only doesn't have magic or creativity, it has no point to play. Pixie Hollow was about fairies right? Club Penguin is just like penguins roaming around... I mean what's the magic in that? Big fat penguins wearing outfits, I mean Pixie Hollow had a lot of magic because it was about Tinkerbell, however CP is just about big fat penguins being penguins. They really should've thought it through better.

Last edited by Onionleaf; 01-07-2014 at 12:06 PM. Reason: moved posts
Old 01-06-2014, 01:18 AM
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Pixie Scavenger Hunt Participation Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award 

Infinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent
Heart

Amber, I truly admire your spirit. I agree that a petition after almost 4 months since it has closed (omg, has it really been that long!?) wouldn't hurt. No worse off than we are now!

However, I have some news. I am sure most of you have seen my post in the "I think I have an idea (IMPORTANT)" thread. If you haven't, I basically sent a long e-mail to CP about why I am canceling my membership and my thoughts on the closing of PH and their support of CP. A representative wrote me back and did not even write a word of a response to what I said concerning PH. They probably skipped over all of those parts. They just told me what to expect since I have asked to cancel my membership and permanently delete my account. Excuse my choice of words... but what a bunch of jerks! So, that to me means CP representatives will not comment nor respond to anything PH related. I am sure they have been trained on how to handle these situations. If you do get a response, it will just be the generic "PH closed on 9/19... thank you for everything (yeah right!)... blah blah blah."

If pixies want to continue to e-mail and send petitions, you're going to have to climb higher up in the food chain. By that I mean the executives of The Walt Disney Company.

This post is in NO WAY meant to be negative. Because I too loved PH and want it back and hope it comes back as much as everyone here. But, we have to look at our options. At this point in the game, we have to go above CP people because they are irrelevant to this decision.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 01-06-2014, 01:18 AM
Awards Showcase

Animal Talent
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn1234 View Post
Club Penguin was not Disney's game originally, they bought it in 2007. So the big penguins waddling around was not their idea.
Thanks, Amber! My entire e-mail to them was about 4 paragraphs in length.

Popcorn, I know. But regardless, they still support it.

I highly doubt I'll get a response back. I just don't understand the point in that game? Or how could it have THAT many faithful users that they feel it's a good idea to "save" and to continue to develop upon to make it even bigger? I just don't get it? I thought it was fun for a while there. But, I have lost complete and utter interest in it.

HAHA! I did not mean to get all political or anything... but I came across a clip from a vice presidential debate from years ago and thought that one candidate's comment was a zinger and I had to use the framework.

~Infinity Mistyvalley

Last edited by Onionleaf; 01-07-2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: moved post
Old 01-06-2014, 01:19 AM
BK
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Infinity, who else can we contact other than Club Penguin? I don't know Disney Interactive's contact information if they have any.

Last edited by Onionleaf; 01-07-2014 at 10:02 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:25 AM
Awards Showcase

Animal Talent
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAmberXOX View Post
Infinity, who else can we contact other than Club Penguin? I don't know Disney Interactive's contact information if they have any.
Here is what I found through The Walt Disney Company site. I went to Contact Us, then clicked on Disney Interactive, then clicked on Disney Interactive again and here is the page I was given:

http://news.disneyinteractive.com/we...e/default.aspx

On the far right, hover over About Us and then click Contact Us.

I think this might be our best shot.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 01-06-2014, 01:28 AM
BK
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Oh sorry guys. I have to agree with what Infinity said. I did email CP too like a couple days ago and they didn't mention one word about PH (from what I said.) Infinity's right, I'm sure they're trained to handle these situations that way. Anyway while I was browsing through the internet looking for Disney(Interactive)'s phone number, I had some luck. It didn't give me Disney INTERACTIVE's contact information, but it did give me Disney Guest Services contact information, which associates with the games they run.

Heres the link-- http://disney.go.com/guestservices/contact

Now you can do more browsing yourself to reach higher services if you want to and give an update on THIS thread.

Good luck guys
Old 01-06-2014, 01:41 AM
Farewell, beloved Hollow
View nevaeh's Photo Album
nevaeh's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Memory Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Winter 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award Halloween 2013 Award Design A Silly Sweet Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Angelic
nevaeh met the Queennevaeh met the Queennevaeh met the Queennevaeh met the Queennevaeh met the Queen
Water Talent Tinker Talent
I just sent an email. Wonder if I will get a reply?
Old 01-06-2014, 01:43 AM
Awards Showcase

Animal Talent
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevaeh View Post
I just sent an email. Wonder if I will get a reply?
That is wonderful! Keep us posted.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 01-06-2014, 03:22 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I sent them an email months ago, back when the Hollow was still running (but with only a week or two left), and from what I can remember, their response was not very positive. I'll see if I can find it somewhere in my inbox.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:32 AM
Awards Showcase

Animal Talent
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn1234 View Post
I sent them an email months ago, back when the Hollow was still running (but with only a week or two left), and from what I can remember, their response was not very positive. I'll see if I can find it somewhere in my inbox.
Same here. I sent an e-mail a few days after they announced the closing. What I can remember from their response was it was rather vague. The person who wrote me back said that at this time they could not comment on the return of PH. So take that comment how ever you'd like. To me, it wasn't a DEFINITE no. But, I feel like since then... it's become more evident on their position of the matter.

I wish I saved the e-mail. I deleted it because I was so frustrated and sad over the closing that I didn't want the reminder sitting in my inbox. However, I did save my e-mail to them. Here it is:

To whom it may concern,

The world of Pixie Hollow received terrible news on Tuesday. All of us keep asking, Why? How could they? and Can it be true? Well, apparently the answer to why is to save Club Penguin. The how, I suppose goes along with wanting to save Club Penguin over Pixie Hollow. That, I will never understand. Pixie Hollow represents what Disney is all about, more than Club Penguin ever could. Pixie Hollow is a magical world. A place to believe, to never grow up, to express ourselves, and to forget things that make us sad going on in life. I looked forward to logging on daily for new adventures as did millions of other users. Lastly, can it be true? I certainly hope not. I hope there is a chance to save our Hollow. There are already online petitions. I am sure angry, sad and hurt letters are being sent constantly along with phone calls. I have been hearing rumors that Pixie Hollow is not leaving forever. I do not know how true this is. Today I heard it would come back within a year and that it would be as if nothing ever happened. Meaning, we would still have our fairies, their stuff, etc. Is this true? In the world of Disney, all it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust for dreams to come true. Well this is our dream, the world pf Pixie Hollow. Please, do not get rid of it. Please keep it. Please think about all of us. All of those who believe in this world, and believe that there truly is a Never Land. Do not take our Never Land away from us.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 01-06-2014, 04:12 AM
BK
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Isn't it amazing how Pixie Hollow had such an impact on all of us? I mean unlike other virtual worlds Pixie Hollow definitely stood out best. I'll never understand how they could just choose CP over PH. Disney is made of things CP could never maintain. I'll always be confused on this matter

And please whoever participates in this has to keep us updated! If you send emails and get a response, write it on this thread. ALWAYS keep us updated on what you guys do and what happens! Its really important because then we'll see if things are working out or not. And don't give up, there has to be some way for PH to come back!

Sorry that I'm talking too much guys, but I'm trying to give as much information as I can. Thanks to Infinity, I sent an email to Disney Interactive and it says:

I want to make a deal with you, Disney. Pixie Hollow meant the world to us and you tricked us by closing it just in front of our eyes. Now were going to take a stand against this. Me along with other pixies are making a deal with you. We just opened a petition to reopen the hollow either by you or someone else who works with you.Give us a number of protesters to sign this petition and if we get that certain amount, you have to agree to reopen Pixie Hollow, no matter what it takes. I'll never understand how you can choose CP over Pixie Hollow. Disney is made up of magic and CP will never have any of that. Anyway Beware that I notified other pixies about this, and we're about to take a stand. This is the real deal, its no joke. We may have been players on your little game, but Pixie Hollow taught us that with faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust, anything can happen. So Disney Interactive... what do you say to this deal?

I think its good enough to seal the deal. Now all I have to do is wait for a response and I'll keep us posted...

Last edited by Onionleaf; 01-07-2014 at 10:06 AM. Reason: merged posts
Old 01-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Tinkering...
View Daisybelle's Photo Album
Daisybelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 

My Mood: Ethereal
Daisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Good morning everybody! I was thinking about emailing Club Penguin all morning, and I couldn't go back to sleep
I did not expect to see this thread here!

Did you guys email them using the "contact Club Penguin" on their website?
On the very bottom of the site, there is a business section where I got more contact information from them.

The link to the website: http://www.clubpenguin.com/company/news-media

Here is what I saw:

Contact Media Department

[email protected]

Club Penguin

c/o Disney Online Studios Canada Inc.
Suite 500 - 1628 D'ickson Ave
Kelowna, British Columbia, V1Y-9X1
CANADA

(Just go to the website to properly view the address)

I'm going to try emailing Club Penguin first, and this time I'm going to demand a more accurate response.
The letter will be polite but will push some sense into them!
I'm also going to include the fact that without PH, POTCO, and TTO Club Penguin is not Club Penguin. Why do they need to be so selfish?
Where is all their magic and imagination? We can be Neverland together and play all day, battling the pirates!
If they need it, I am going to include screen shots and clips from our beautiful
Pixie Hollow!

Last edited by Onionleaf; 01-07-2014 at 10:09 AM. Reason: word filter