PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Pixie Tales

Pixie Tales Pixie dust your stories and poems here

Old The Tale of Princess Ivy and Lady Fern

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:07 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Chapter 11

“Ivy, please,” pleaded Fern, “why are you doing this?” She watched her green and pink gown turn black flowers on white leaves.

“You should know by now. Black and white, so simple, so full of character. Colors? They are just a mish-mash of too much THIS and THAT!”

“But...each color is unique and beautiful,” Fern said.

The steward went to find the royal wizard while the princess' parents tried to capture the butterflies.

“Rosy pink, cheerful yellow, peaceful blue...” continued Fern.

“You mean gaudy and unnecessary. The CROWN, Fern,” Ivy put her hand out.

“N...no. Ivy, I am not going to let you ruin Azurevale, it is what it was meant to always be: a rainbow of colors.”

Turning her nose up at that, she causally sent a dragonfly Fern's way.

Fern smacked it away, then flung her magic at the butterflies, turning them and the room colorful.

“Grr,” Ivy used her own magic and soon Fern was exhausted from righting all her sister's wrongs, she could barely stand.

“Everything would be a whole lot easier if you would just give me what I want!” Ivy said.

“I...I-I can't,” Fern's voice was a rasp. “I will not. I want to...protect Azurevale...”

“Ashenvale, you mean,” insisted Ivy.

“No. Azurevale.” Fern struggled to stand straight. She was the queen, now, and she was determined to never let her kingdom be dreary ever again!

Princess Ivy summoned a tornado of butterflies and one hidden dragonfly meant for her sister. But it suddenly died down and vanished in a spray of sparkles. “W-what?” she glanced at her wrist, what was a gold bracelet doing there? She looked to her right.

The royal wizard Schmendrick was standing there; very tall, very thin, and very out of breath. “THAT should hold her. What is going on here, your Highness?”

Ivy tried to take the bracelet off; when she couldn't she attempted to run away, but the guards had come to restrain her.

It was a sad day for Fern, she loved her sister. Sometimes she was conceited and always had to be the center of attention, but Ivy was her best friend. Yet Ivy was bent on taking the crown and ruling over her ideal Black & White Kingdom. She couldn't let that happen. On her parents' insistence, Fern sentenced her sister isolation on Bleak Island – a lonely prison for Azurevale's worst criminals, named so for its ability to cancel out magic powers. It hadn't been used since a certain warlock cursed the kingdom hundreds of years ago.

“I have hope,” Fern told Ivy, “that someday you will understand the evil of your actions and...that the world cannot be just black and white, but all the colors in between.”

Princess Ivy glared at Fern, secretly wishing for revenge, as she was teleported to Bleak Island; where ten years later a selfish young princess would summon her...

The End
Well, sort of...

Did you guess right, Popcorn?

Yep, this story was based on the little special from Disney's "Sofia the First". I have no idea how many of you watch that show, but I think it's really cute and the story telling is pretty smart. Plus, funny man Wayne Brady voices the rabbit Clover, which really surprised me. Anyway, back to the story. When I was watching the show I instantly wanted to know the story behind Princess Ivy, she seemed like such an interesting character. And what was with her growing up in a 'black and white kingdom'? That sounded too impossible. So I created this story to go with it. Since Princess Ivy is kind of like a villain, I have no idea if I can give her a happy ending, but I can think on it...

Ooh, almost forgot. If you think the name Schmendrick sounds familiar (OR if you've never heard of it), he's the very wizard from Peter S. Beagle's "The Last Unicorn"! Yes, he moved up in life since his bumbling days of magic.

Last edited by Sapphira110; 01-16-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:07 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Oh, I was wondering how you managed to find the image that looks so much like Princess Ivy, now it makes sense. I think you did a very good job at describing Princess Ivy's past, it fits very well with the story in Sofia the First. I still can't quite imagine her to be (or become) a true villain, I'm sure she would be able to learn from her mistakes in the future. People usually don't like change, and it's something we can all relate to.

I might start rambling after this point, forgive me. Your story also reminded me of a particular book series that I really enjoyed reading when I was a kid. I even picked it up again a few years ago and really liked reading the stories even then. The author is Russian (Tamara Kryukova), and she has written fantasy novels, as well as fiction novels based on modern times, and also books for kids. The particular series I thought of was her fantasy books about young children (pre-teen) who have a throne waiting for them, but unkind and selfish people keep getting in the way to their "happy ending". Each book follows the story of a different character, but they meet each other in different places as everything happens in the same fantasy world. Anyway, her stories are filled to the brim with the kind of adventures that you read in fairy-tales, but most importantly, the characters learn a lot of life lessons in the process and you experience them all along with the characters. Even adults would find it a very interesting read, my mom read these books as well and really liked them.

So yes, I just wanted to make the point that fantasy stories such as yours are still very much read by children and adults alike. If a fairy-tale is written well and expresses useful life lessons, why, I would pick up a book like that any day!

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 01-17-2016, 06:41 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 

Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Aw, thanks Alexia. I know Princess Ivy isn't a complete villain, but she's awfully stubborn if she can't learn her lesson after ten years on an island. But, I would be pretty upset, too, if that had happened to me. I was actually thinking of a really good second part to this story yesterday, so more might come next month.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:47 AM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Awesome! I'm interested in finding out what will happen if you add on another part to the story, and I'll keep watch for any new posts on this thread!

Old 01-18-2016, 04:32 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn1234 View Post
I think I might know just what this is based off of!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira110 View Post
Did you guess right, Popcorn?
Yes, I did! I was so excited for the culmination of the story that I even hid a secret picture of Princess Ivy in the excited emote in my post above.
Disney Junior also recently aired The Curse of Princess Ivy, so it was cool to go back and read the nods you had to the show, like the "things would be a lot easier" quote and how she was marooned without a trial. I really enjoyed reading her backstory, Sapphira, and I will read a sequel!

Also, I think it would be fitting to post Ivy's song from the special here, for anyone that's curious.
Spoiler for A Kingdom Of My Own:

Signature by someone, avatar by Neverbelle ~ Come flit by my Userpage! ~ Switch friend code: SW-0846-5678-6094
Old 01-18-2016, 09:33 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Hee, hee, I didn't see that hidden link to the picture of Ivy - and I even moused over it (since I oftentimes get confused with the 'excited' face and 'happy' face smilies.) I watched The Curse of Princess Ivy in order to get a good feel for the story, all the while writing down notes. I had to rewind Ivy's song a few times just to get all the facts, as well as that one quote to make sure I wrote down exactly what Ivy had said.

Here's a hint at what's to come: In one of the most recent mini Sofia the First movies, Sofia became Storykeeper, a special role that allows her to finish a story that hasn't been completed yet. So Sofia will be in the next part, as well as two special Disney princesses.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:30 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

And the story continues!

The Story of the Black and White Kingdom

Long ago a wicked warlock cursed the Kingdom of Azurevale, draining it of its color. For countless years the people of that land knew not what true colors were – until a brave princess found Mother Nature's cure and set things right. Once more the kingdom sparkled with a prism of hues.

However, not all were happy with the change: an elderly witch and Ivy, youngest sister to the heroic princess. The two combined their powers – with Ivy's will and the witch's evil potion, made from the residue of the Black and White curse – they attempted to take over the kingdom and steal its colors. Thankfully Ivy was caught and sent to be imprisoned on a desert island.

But...the story does not end there.

A magic stone, known as the Amulet of Avalor, momentarily set Ivy free; causing a rip in the shield that normally made her prison island immune to magical effects. That rip helped Ivy escape and recapture the Kingdom of Azurevale, where in a fit of revenge she threw her sister, Lady Fern; her parents; as well as the royal wizard onto the desert island – where they now wait for a miracle to bring about a more happier ending.

Princess Sofia the First, recently given the new task of Storykeeper by her Aunt Tilly, sat in the Secret Library and wondered what to do about the take given to her.

“PRINCESS Ivy...? Could it be? It's the princess that Amber summoned when she took my amulet... Does this mean I have to also give HER a happy ending? After she tried to take over Enchancia and erase all of our memories?

“This will be a tough one.” Sofia started to pace. “But!” She suddenly stopped. “Even selfish princesses deserve a happy ending!” She couldn't help but fleetingly think of her sister Amber.

Amber was selfish on a number of levels. So was her brother, James, once in a while. Geez, when Sofia thought about it longer, she, too, had been a little selfish once or twice.

But none of them deserved to be imprisoned for it.

“Maybe there was a misunderstanding between Ivy and her sister.” That decided, Sofia mounted Minimus, her flying horse, and headed toward Azurevale; which was easy to find as it was in shades of black and white – all but a little island in a gray sea, which could be tainted by a warlock's curse but not by Ivy's magic.

On the desert island was a lone tower surrounded by a few shrubs and palm trees. The tower was of red stone, the plants a pale green, and the sand golden; it acted like a beacon in a kingdom of drab tones.

Sofia thought about saving Fern and her family first, but then wondered if it would be better to talk with Ivy and get her to willingly free them.

On the other hand, Ivy was a dangerous and tricky foe; it probably WOULD be best to have all the help she can get – after all, didn't the story say that the royal wizard had also been imprisoned?

“Uh, Princess Sofia?” Minimus said. “We have company.”

“Huh?” Sofia looked in the direction Minimus was gazing in. “Ah! Ivy's butterflies! Minimus, get us out of here!”

“Already on it, Princess!”

But the butterflies surged forward and twirled around the two like a tornado, carrying them to the feet of Princess Ivy...

End of Chapter One.

~To Be Continued~

(Just a little note about the desert island: I think it must sound contradictory when I say magic is made void there, yet a 'magic' curse can effect it; and Lady Fern can return its colors with HER magic, but Ivy can't change it to black and white with her own magic. So, to clarify, I consider the warlock's curse to be different than average magic, since it has a different make up made from various substances. Though Ivy's magic is taken partially from the curse, it is still a weaker version and so it doesn't work on the island. Fern's magic was able to cleanse it of the curse because she is, in a sense, taking her powers from Mother Nature herself - meaning her magic is of a different caliber. In fact, it might not be considered 'magic' at all, but a special power. Anyway, I hope I didn't confuse anyone )

Last edited by Sapphira110; 02-22-2016 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:10 AM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter Two

“When I saw a lavender flying horse with a rider in plum purple I knew something was afoot,” Princess Ivy glared at Sofia. “But...I NEVER suspected it would be YOU of all people – Sonia, was it?”

“SOFIA,” the Princess of Enchancia corrected, glaring right back at Ivy.

“Humph! Whatever. Tell me what you are doing in MY kingdom of Ashenvale?”

Sofia dismounted Minimus. “Ashenvale? I thought this kingdom was called Azurevale.”

“It was, once upon a time. Now it is MY kingdom and I will call it what I please.”

“Why are you doing this?” Sofia questioned. “What is so great about a black and white kingdom?”

“You think colors are so great?
Just think of my state –
When the perfect world I grew up in
Turned into a chaotic rainbow by some cruel fate!

I was blinded left and right,
By this colorful gaudy sight.
What I've know all my life
Was suddenly taken from me with magical might!

I longed for the black and white days of yore,
Hues that were simple, noble, and pure.
I felt trapped in my own pink skin –
I could do nothing more but stomp out the door!

Blue, red, green, and yellow
Everywhere I looked I wished to bellow:
'I hate it! It's too bright!
Bring back the tones that were mellow!'

Finally my wish came to light,
And over was my blight.
I brought the sun back to Ashenvale,
And Azurevale sunk into the night!”

Sofia balled her fists up. “That's horrible. I don't understand you at all. The different colors of the rainbow are beautiful – “

“That's your problem – you DON'T understand. NO ONE does. That's why I had to banish my family and erase the memories of everyone else.”

“No. There had to be a better way, Ivy. If you just talk to your sister I'm sure you can come to some kind of an agreement.”

Princess Ivy regarded Sofia with a bored annoyance. “Not happening. And YOU, dear Sofia, have worn out your welcome and will be joining my family.” She commanded her butterflies to scoop Sofia up.

“Sofia!” whinnied Minimus.

“YOU are not going with her,” Ivy told the flying horse; she may not have heard him, but she knew he was trying to go after Sofia. “I can't have you flying off the island.” She sent a dragonfly to stun Minimus with forgetfulness. “And to prevent you, little princess, from using your amulet, I'll be taking it.”

The Amulet of Avalor remembered its last encounter with Princess Ivy, and let out an electric charge that zapped Ivy backwards; picking herself off the ground she watched her butterflies take Sofia away.

“Huh?” Sofia stared at her necklace. “It's glowing...Gasp! That means – “

Sofia was suddenly swept away and dropped into a dungeon room on Bleak Island. Ivy had learned new ways to use her magic after her first confrontation with Sofia the First.

Sofia wasn't alone for long, as particles of light materialized into a girl with two red-orange braids.

And unbeknownst to Ivy, golden dust swirled behind her; becoming a princess with a single braid of white-blonde hair.

End of Chapter Two.

~To Be Continued~

(Yes, I did, indeed, write a song for my story. You'll have to put a tune to it, though )
Old 02-23-2016, 05:11 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 

popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Well, color me excited! I can't wait to keep reading this amazing story, Sapphira, and I was smiling the whole time while reading the recent chapters.

Signature by someone, avatar by Neverbelle ~ Come flit by my Userpage! ~ Switch friend code: SW-0846-5678-6094
Old 02-28-2016, 03:34 AM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter Three

“Oh! Who are you?” Sofia asked. Normally she recognized the princesses her amulet summoned – this one she did not.

“I'm Anna. And...this doesn't look like Arendelle.” Anna wandered around the small cell.

“Anna? Arendelle? Oh my gosh! Olaf told me about you!”

Anna swung around. “You know Olaf? You must be Sofia, then!”

In all the excitement the two clasped hands and danced around laughing.

“Is this your kingdom?” Anna asked. “Although this looks like a dungeon – are we in a dungeon? That can't be good.”

Sofia plopped down on a stone bench. “And that's not even half of the problem...” She told Anna about her first encounter with Princess Ivy, ending the story with her last encounter with the Black and White Queen.

“Do you have any advice?” Sofia asked.

“Hm...well, first we should probably find this Princess Ivy's sister and get out of this dull place,” Anna said.

Sofia laughed. “It's not much better outside. Just look.” She pointed to the cell's barred window.

Anna peeked out. The island didn't look so bad, but beyond it...? “Oh boy, I've heard of gray seas, but not THAT gray. Where's all the color? Is Princess Ivy that powerful? It's like Elsa when her powers went out of control and turned Arendelle's summer to winter. But instead of deep, deep snow this is dull, dull blah – is there a world that means both black and white?”

Sofia shrugged. “Except, Princess Ivy did all this on purpose.”

“Well, there has to be a good reason behind it; something from Ivy's past, or maybe even her sister's past. Let's blow this place!” Anna was all pumped with energy. But she quickly calmed down and looked at Sofia. “Er...how do we blow this place?”

“Um...my amulet might help,” Sofia said. “Um, Amulet, make me small so I can fit through the bars of the door.”

The purple jewel gave off a pitiful glow, then died down.

“It's not working,” Sofia said. “That's strange, it brought YOU here...”

“If I know anything at all, it's that sometimes magic can't help,” Anna said. “All right, what do we have here?” She glanced at all the things in the dungeon cell, which wasn't much: the stone bench, a wooden bed hanging from the wall by chains with some thin sheets...Anna ripped a board from the bed and started to pound the door's lock repeatedly. After a few minutes she had become exhausted. “Tell me the lock's almost broken...huff, huff...”

“Erm...no. Sorry. But, hey, you loosened a nail; maybe I can use it to pick the lock open!”

“Hah-ha! Great idea.” Anna tossed the board after Sofia took the nail.

“Success!” Sofia said with triumph, after a good five minutes of patient twisting and turning.

“And THAT'S what you call ingenuity!” Anna led the way out.

End of Chapter Three.

~To Be Continued~

(I'm glad you like it Popcorn. Here's hoping I do honor to Anna and the other Disney characters.)
Old 03-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 4

Looking smug, Ivy turned around to head back into her Black and White castle – when she abruptly froze at the new girl in front of her: She wore a shimmery blue gown and appeared to be a bit lost.

“WHO are YOU?” Ivy demanded.

“I...I'm Elsa. Where did Anna go?”

“I have no idea who Anna is. Are you...a princess?”

“Queen, actually; of Arendelle. And you?”

Ivy had a feeling Sofia's Amulet of Avalor summoned this 'queen'. But why was she HERE, with her, and not with that little princess?

Either way, Ivy needed to find a way to send her back from whence she came.

“I am QUEEN Ivy, of Ashenvale – where you are now.”

“Oh...I can see where your land gets its name,” Elsa said. “May I ask where are all the colors?”

To answer Elsa's question, Ivy sent a butterfly to turn her gown white and gray.

Elsa gasped. “Sorcery...” she murmured in surprise. To Ivy she said, “You have powers, too?”

The Black and White Queen sputtered incoherently. “YOU have magic abilities?” Ivy didn't think this Queen Elsa looked very tough compared to herself, but any opponent with magical powers was not to be underestimated.

Elsa produced a bit of snow from her right hand and smoothed out her gown; it shimmered into an icy blue again. “So you used your POWERS to turn Ashenvale colorless? How does that make everyone else feel?”

Ivy plucked a white rose – originally it had been pink. “How does that make everyone else FEEL? Why should I care?”

Elsa tilted her head to one side. “But...you're their queen, of course you should care about your people and their opinions. It is your job to love and protect them, to make sure that they are happy.”

Ivy tossed the rose into a pond. “I only care about what makes ME happy.”

Elsa was shocked. “That's...that's tyranny. A true, fair queen is not a tyrant.”

“YOU are getting on my nerves, DEAR Snow Queen. How dare you come to MY land and tell ME how to rule over it. If I can't send you back from where you came from, then perhaps I should throw you into the dungeons with my sister and everyone else that defies me.” Although Ivy wasn't sure if she could, not if Elsa had her own kind of magic to stop her.

“Your sister? You put your own SISTER in a dungeon?” Elsa went on guard; this situation was getting worse and worse. Ivy was looking like a villain, reminding her of a certain prince she once knew.

“She couldn't understand the wonderful qualities of a black and white kingdom, she kept trying to change it to suit her own needs. If anyone was a tyrant, FERN was...”

“Are you sure she wasn't just trying to help? No land is meant to be colorless, I should know that much...You're all alone here, does that truly make you free? HAPPY?” They had walked through the castle grounds and Elsa had seen no one but herself and Ivy.

“Of course.”

“You don't miss your sister?”

“Certainly not.”

“You prefer blacks and whites to colors, I can guess that much. And your sister, Fern? She likes colors...could not a compromise be made?”

“Ha! Fern wouldn't allow it. I grew up in Ashenvale and SHE changed it by coloring everything with powers gifted to her by Mother Nature's Temple, renaming it Azurevale. My parents stepped down from their thrones to crown Fern the new ruler. It wasn't fair.” Ivy spun around to face Elsa. “It was NOT fair!”

Elsa sensed that Ivy wasn't telling her the whole story. “I used to believe that no one in the world could understand my frustrations. I shut everyone out, including my sister, Anna. I ran away and thought that if I lived in my own castle separated from everyone else they would be safe and I would be free to be myself. I was wrong. Anna chased after me, opening herself to me; offering to bring me home. To thank her...I put a shard of ice in my sister's heart. By accident, yes, but eventually she would turn into a block of ice...and shatter. But instead of saving herself, Anna saved me – and I, in turn, saved her.

“Can't you see the powerful and pure love that families share between one another? And with love, Queen Ivy, comes understanding.”

End of Chapter Four.

~To Be Continued~
Old 03-07-2016, 07:06 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Wow, I wasn't expecting that--Sofia's amulet summoning a princess to help Sofia and a princess queen to help Ivy. That's such a cool idea!!

Old 03-19-2016, 08:51 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter Five

Sofia and Anna raced through the tower looking in every room and cell they past. Finally they heard someone call out to them.

Sofia gasped with delight. “That could be Ivy's sister!”

“Come on, then!”

The two princesses found a dungeon room of three occupants: a man and woman in royal attire, and a girl in a plain gown who looked to be slightly older than Anna.

Sofia recognized them as Ivy's parents and older sister, thanks to the Secret Library's magic mirror.

“Who are you?” Lady Fern asked.

“I'm Sofia and this is Anna. We're here to help.”

“Hi,” Anna waved.

“Oh, thank goodness!” Fern jumped up, “Do you hear that Mother and Father? We're saved!” She clasped Sofia's and Anna's hands through the bars. “How are you going to get us out of here?”

Anna glanced around for a key handy, but Sofia had kept the bent nail and worked the lock.

“Where is your royal wizard?” Sofia asked, getting the door open.

“We don't know,” the king said. “We can only assume Ivy placed him in another cell. That daughter of ours...” He shook his head.

Fern laid a land on him. “Please don't think badly of Ivy, I'm sure we can get through to her.”

“If you don't mind me asking,” Sofia spoke up, “what exactly happened between you all and Ivy?”

Each took their turn in telling about Ivy and her strange obsession with black and white colors and how they came to be in their current situation.

Anna crossed her arms and tapped her foot in thinking. “It sounds to me like there is a lack of understanding between you three and Ivy.”

“Are you saying it is OUR fault for Ivy's actions?” the king said.

“Well...in a way, yes.”

“What do you mean?” Sofia, who had had a firsthand encounter with the Black and White Princess, asked Anna.

“Lady Fern, if you please,” Anna spoke, “you act as if everyone should welcome colors – and I, growing up in a world of color, agree with. HOWEVER, Ivy did not. She had grown comfortable to this black and white world. And then suddenly! – it was taken away from her. It was like chaos had come to stay and wreck her peaceful and simple life.

“Have you ever heard of facing fear by flight or fight? My sister, Elsa, chose to flee when her powers were discovered. She didn't think I or anyone else could understand her fear, confusion, or concern. It seems your Ivy chose to FIGHT the fear that welled up inside her. She TRIED to have you understand her feelings, but none of you wanted to listen. And that lack of understanding created the situation you are in now.”

Fern and her parents exchanged looks.

“I...I never thought of it in that way,” the queen said.

“Neither did I.” The king lowered his head in shame.

“I tried to, but...” Fern paced, “I need to talk to Ivy.”

“That's why I'm here!” Sofia said, “to give you AND Ivy a happy ending.”

End of Chapter Five.

~To Be Continued~

(Sorry it took almost two weeks for the latest chapter, especially since I wrote it last Friday! I'm working on trying to get two books published this year, so I'm spending more time on that than this.)
Old 03-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
The latest chapters of this story are awesome! I can't wait to read more!

Old 03-26-2016, 06:28 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter Six

There were now four people following Sofia through the dungeon tower. The young princess suddenly felt like a leader, with Lady Fern deep in thought; her parents looking a bit lost for words; and...why hadn't Princess Anna returned to her own world? Sofia knew what she needed to do: find Ivy and get the family to come to an understanding. Although...she wasn't sure how two opposites could reach a compromise. How one world could be color AND colorless. Maybe THAT'S why Anna had not left.

Then again, magic in general seemed to be on the fritz – as it was proved by the royal wizard of Ivy and Fern's court; when they finally found him, the spindly wizard was muttering to himself as he only occasionally succeeded in getting a spell to work. And even when the magic performed to his satisfaction, he would cry out when the spell would abruptly sizzle out – just like Sofia's Amulet of Avalor.

“Schmendrick!” the queen said. “THERE you are.”

He's making unicorns out of smoke, Sofia laughed to herself.

“Are you so bored you've resorted to children's spells?” asked the king, trying to lighten the mood.

“Oh! Your Majesties,” Schemendrick stood. “It's good to see that you're all well and safe. Actually, I've been conducting some experiments.”

Sofia looked this wizard over. He was so much taller than Cedric. And how could he be so skinny? He practically disappeared in the immense folds of his robe and pointy hat of blue. “Experiments? What kinds? Oh, I should introduce myself; I'm Princess Sofia of Enchancia.”

“She's here to help us reclaim Azurevale from Ivy,” Fern said.

“And I'M Anna, a princess too – though of another land entirely. So you're a WIZARD, huh? I've never met a wizard...What kind of powers do YOU have?”

“Not too many at the moment,” said Schmendrick. “Bleak Island cancels out magic abilities, that is why we originally send Princess Ivy here. But my experiments, I've found, show that some sort of rip occurred that momentarily allows magic spells to be performed – though not in a desirable manner for the most part. I'm guessing these fluctuations helped in Ivy's escape from her prison – and they just might help in OUR escape as well, if I can time it right.”

“I'm sure you can do it, Mr. Schmendrick,” Sofia said. “Do you need any help? I have a little practice in the magic arts.” She took out a wand.

Schmendrick stared at the wand, then Sofia. “Hm. My magic may be different than yours. But...if you can concentrate all your powers into my spell, I think that would be just what I need.”

End of Chapter Six.

~To Be Continued~

(It's too bad Disney would never be able to use Schmendrick in an actual episode )