PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old What is your favorite book?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:30 AM
A Fairy Remembered
View randomkitty4207's Photo Album
randomkitty4207's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'11 Award Spring 2011 Award Twins Participants Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Autumn 2010 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Summer 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: Reluctant
randomkitty4207 is a talented Fairyrandomkitty4207 is a talented Fairy
Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Besides the huge load of mangas I read, I would have to say that my favorite books are:
Warriors series
Charlie Bone series
The Series of Unfortunate Events series
The Cat Master
The Hunger Games series
Old 12-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
Oh my RK I love all the books you just named except for The Cat Master ~ I will have try that one out!
Warriors just took me from the start, Charlie Bones was amazing (reminded me of Harry Potter actually), The Series of Unfortunate Events was captivating (I loved the guide thing released after the series), and The Hunger Games was... well... "the best of them all" is the only way I can describe it
Old 12-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Let's make some magic!
View Charlotte Frostsparkle's Photo Album
Charlotte Frostsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Purrfect
Charlotte Frostsparkle is a Fast FlyerCharlotte Frostsparkle is a Fast FlyerCharlotte Frostsparkle is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Animal Talent
I found some old books of mine, from when i was 13, called Ally's world. They are really good and funny and im still a worry wort like the main character lol I've started to collect them again
Old 12-01-2011, 01:07 AM
A Hot Cup of Tea
View Flora's Photo Album
Flora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2016 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Autumn 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award 
Total Awards: 82

My Mood: Rainbow
Flora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the Queen
Garden Talent Light Talent Water Talent
I love reading books so I don't know if I have a favorite... Id' have to think about that. These are the ones I like the best:

The Fellowship of the Ring (It's the only one I've read so far)
The Hobbit
Rangers Apprentice (That might be my favorite)
The Brotherband Chronicles (The Outcasts. Finally came out! It's from the same author who did Ranger's Apprentice)
Anne of Green Gables series
Star Wars: (I'll name the series era) Legacy of the Force; The Fate of the Jedi(So far the eight that have come out)
The Binding of the Blades series (Awesome!)
Elsie Dinsmore (books 1,2 and 3)
The Chronicles of Narnia
Redwall (who doesn't like a world about animals?)
Little House on the Prairie series (Though it's been a while)
Disney Fairies
American Girl (especially the mysteries)

That's all I can think of right now I know someone who has read Erogon, but I haven't.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 

Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
Oooh... Redwall *Dreamy sigh*
Brian Jacques is a phenomenal writer, Redwall is one of my old favorites.
Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series, also by Jacques, was one of my favorites ("old favorites" as in when I was younger lol) to.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:29 AM
just vibing
View kass101's Photo Album
kass101's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Boo!
kass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
I am just a fan of any dramas.

Like the ones I right on TTC.
I can't pick out any, I really love writing and reading them.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Gaming
Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
American Girl (especially the mysteries)
i LOVE those books! my favorites are the history ones, though
Old 12-01-2011, 01:52 AM
thanks, Stormy and Lilac!
View Sophie Silkpetal's Photo Album
Sophie Silkpetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Shop Till We Drop Pixie Parade Skillful Shopper's Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Amazed
Sophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Twilight Child, by Sally Warner.
It's awesome. I don't usually read books more than once, but this one I've read 4 times in the last 4 or 5 years.

Signature by Ruby {BookThing}. Thank you!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:52 AM
A Fairy Remembered
randomkitty4207's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'11 Award Spring 2011 Award Twins Participants Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Autumn 2010 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Summer 2010 Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris_Waterdew View Post
Oh my RK I love all the books you just named except for The Cat Master ~ I will have try that one out!
Warriors just took me from the start, Charlie Bones was amazing (reminded me of Harry Potter actually), The Series of Unfortunate Events was captivating (I loved the guide thing released after the series), and The Hunger Games was... well... "the best of them all" is the only way I can describe it
Wow! It's amazing that you like the same books as me! (I'm not much of a reader...) It's very nice to hear!
The Cat Master is kind of like the Warriors series...it's very good! You should read it sometime!
I fell in love with Warriors 5 years ago. I own all but perhaps 2 or 3 of the books that have been published, although I have not yet read 4 of them.
I actually hate Harry Potter (I always have...), but I really like Charlie Bone! I found it very interesting. I have the first 7 books.
I never did finish reading The Series of Unfortunate Events because it was so depressing and the books were starting to get very long. I stopped after the 7th one. But I'm going to re-read the series soon, and I am determined to finish it this time!
The Hunger Games ...is... AMAZING!! At first I kept thinking "I will NEVER read this series because I hate how popular it is and how much everyone is obsessed with it!", but my grandma got me the whole series for Christmas, and recently I was somewhat forced into starting to read the first book, which I began to REALLY enjoy after several chapters. It got so bad that I couldnt even put it down until I finished it! Same with Catching Fire. I am currently just over halfway done with Mockingjay. I must admit this is one of THE best book [series] I have EVER read! <3

Last edited by Jezzi; 12-01-2011 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Personal Information
Old 12-01-2011, 02:35 AM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Lol RK! I often steer clear of popular books but, well, sometimes they're popular for a reason And sometimes... when I pick them up... they stay there in my hands, lol!
And you simply have to read the other Unfortunate Events books -- they are just wonderful and you will love them if you have the same taste in books I do ~ the only bad thing about the series is that Lemony Snicket always leaves us hanging...
And Warriors is great, as usual -- I fell in love with the series 3~4 years ago and have loved it ever since though I really need to catch up on the more recent books Erin Hunter has published. Bluestar's Prophesy is my favorite one so far -- I have personally always preferred the super specials to the actual series books, lol!
I'm so glad you have the same taste in books I do ~ fantasy is my specialty!
~ Iris
Old 12-01-2011, 02:56 AM
A Fairy Remembered
randomkitty4207's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Yes I am that way with popular books too. Was like that for Twilight (then my friends forced me into reading them...) and then for The Hunger Games (then my grandma forced me into reading them...), but I am very grateful that my I was forced into reading The Hunger Games, because it turned out to be EXCELLENT!

Yes, I will re-read the SoUE series, because I did like it, it was just getting too long and too much for such a young'n. :/ But I agree that it kind of stinks that Lemony Snicket keeps us hanging...that's exactly what I don't like in a book cause then I cant't stop thinking about what happens, even though I'll never know!

I, too, need to catch up a little with Warriors. I still have the last 2-4 of the latest series left, plus Bluestar's Prophecy...I only got a few pages read before I had decided to move on. Personally I like the series more, although I REALLY enjoyed the Firestar's Quest super special. I started out reading Warriors kinda funny, started with the New Prophecy, then went back and read the originals, then Firestar's Quest and Power of Three, then the comics and guides, and lastly the first of the Omen of the Stars. Then I kinda stopped reading, but I'll pick em up again soon!
Old 12-01-2011, 02:59 AM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Lol RK!
I hate how authors can just stop and leave us hanging -- I will never forgive Mr. Snicket -_- Lol!
& I will have to catch up with Warriors too
Old 12-01-2011, 03:20 AM
thanks, Stormy and Lilac!
View Sophie Silkpetal's Photo Album
Sophie Silkpetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Shop Till We Drop Pixie Parade Skillful Shopper's Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Amazed
Sophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Lemony Snicket. My sister loves those books. So does Abigail.

Me? NO! LOL.
I don't like the Unfortunate Events, mostly because I don't like how he rights. Especially when the little baby girl "talks". Drives me crazy!

Signature by Ruby {BookThing}. Thank you!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Gaming
Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
i love series of unfortunate events my favorite will always be The Bad Beginning i remember seeing the movie, too
Old 12-01-2011, 03:59 AM
A Fairy Remembered
randomkitty4207's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Well it looks like we both have some catching up to do Iris! heehee

Man, I really want to see that movie! I had forgotten there was even one out based on it! :O Thanks so much for reminding me Straw!