PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old Sailor Moon!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Wishful
glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Glitters fairy book reviews!

Hi pixie pals! I am a big fan of fairy books so I decided to start a book review thread! I recently started reading a fairy book called Fairy wings and I love it! I thought I should tell you all about it since I liked it so much! Here is what I think of this book!:

The book is about a girl names Tamasin and she has always been quite unusual. She has sparkly freckles that she calls spreckles, she has pointy ears and she dances under the full moon. The book starts out on Halloween and she sees weird creatures everywhere that look kind of like humans with animal features (goblins) but she seems to be the only person who can see them. Then she gets chased by them. She escapes but vows never to trick or treat again. This took place 4 years before the rest of the story takes place.
Anyways one day a new boy named Jak (he is half goblin) comes to her school then a few days later she grows real working wings! Then at Jak's Halloween party the weird creatures return and chase her again, and thats when the story gets cut off and it tells us why Jak came to Tamisin's school and its pretty much Jak's perspective of everything that happened in part 1 of the book!
Then a few chapters later it cuts back to where part one was cut off!
So part one is Tamisin's point of view of the first few chapters, part 2 is Jaks point of view and 3 is there adventure threw fairy land!

I give this book and I definitely recommend this book to fairy tale lovers everywhere!
There is also a sequel to this book called Fairy lies! I have not read it yet but I will give a review on it as soon as I can get it from the library!

P.S. Other people are welcome to give there fairy book reviews too!

Last edited by glitter8pony; 04-11-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
I enjoyed reading your book review Glitter, I'll have to check out Fairy Wings sometime.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 

glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Thanks Iris! I knew all of you here would appreciate my love if fairy books! I am almost done with the book! I have tried to stop reading it but I just keep wondering what will come next!

The author of the book is E.D. Baker and she specializes in fairy tales if anyone wanted to check out any of her other books! But I am only interested in the books with Tamisin in them

I wish I could tell you Tamisin's true identity but that would be no fun would it! I wasn't so surprised when I found out who she was but that was just because it was the obvious answer but I will save the surprise for all of you!

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-12-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: double posted
Old 05-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I am working on another book review so keep watching for it! Just a heads up!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Sorry I took so long! I decided not to just do books about fairies but about other mythical creatures as well! This one is about mermaids!

Title: Daughters of the sea: Lucy
Author: Kathryn Lasky

Daughters of the sea is about different girls who find out they are mermaids. This is the 3rd book in the series.
Lucy Snow is the daughter of Reverend Snow. One day her father is invited to come to Bar harbor for the summer. Lucy is very excited because it is very close to the sea. But when she gets there her parents want her to hang out with the rich folk who visit during the summer. Lucy doesn't want to though. A few days later they get invited to go on a boat trip with one off the other families visiting and Lucy meets Phineas, the boat makers son. Lucy likes Phineas but her parents don't. They think Lucy should be spending more time with Percy, the Duke who is visiting Bar harbor. But Lucy continues to visit Phineas. She also finds a cave near the sea. She notices that the cave has been visited but by who? Lucy soon meets the people who visit the cave, her sisters, Hannah and May. They are mermaids! Lucy begins to visit her sisters a lot!
There is more but it is more towards the end and I do not want to spoil to end so you will just have to read it to find out more!

This is a great book and I definably recommend It! I give it !
I would only recommend this book to people 12 and up because it can be confusing to understand at times! Other then that it is a great book!

I am working on reading the 1st book in this series so that is what I will do next! There are 3 books in all! But the book I reviewed came out earlier this year so I am sure they will make more! (They better make more because they left a huge cliff hanger! I would tell you what it is but nobody likes a spoiler! But I can PM it to you if you want to know!)
Old 06-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
Daughters of the Sea sounds interesting. Since I've read many of Kathryn Lasky's other books and enjoyed them (The Guardians of Ga'Hoole, The Wolves of the Beyond), I think I might check these out ^^

Sig by Olivia, thankiis
Pixie Page | Profile | Shop | Userpage
Old 06-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Daughters of the sea is amazing! I am almost done with the first book! The first is about Hannah, second is about May and the third is about Lucy! Kathryn is an amazing author!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Title: Daughters of the sea: Hannah
Author: Katheryn Lasky

Hannah is an orphan who lives in the Boston home for little wanderers. The place where she stays has a rule that when you turn a certain age they give you a job and you do that job. But they decided that Hannah was not fit for any of the jobs so they but her on an orphan train. But on the way to her new home she got sick because she was so far from the sea. She is adopted by a nice family but she gets so sick that she insists that she has to go back to Boston so her family lets her. When she gets back there is a new person in charge of the Boston home for little wanderers and she is a lot nicer then the other lady so she gives Hannah a job. She is to work for the Hawley's. A rich family in Boston. But when she gets there she meets the Hawley's oldest daughter, Lila, who is very crazy. Then she meets the painter who is suppost to paint all 3 of the Hawley girls but he seems to know something about Hannah that she deosn't. But Lila seems to like the painter so she is mad when she sees that he is always watching Hannah so she gets really mad and starts being really mean to Hannah. Eventually she is sent somewhere to hopefully be cured from her cazyness. While Lila is gone, Hannah goes to Bar harbor with the rest of the Hawley's. Later during the trip Lila comes back and everyone thinks that she is cured but one night Lila goes to Hannah's room and Hannah thinks she is sleep walking so she takes Lila back to her room but Lila was just pretending and when nobody was watching she attacked Hannah and chased her all the way to the sea. Lila gets in big trouble. While Hannah is in the sea she finds out that she is a mermaid.

If you want to know the rest then you will have to read this book! I give it

Amazing book! I am working on the second book now!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:21 PM
BK
View Lilac Rosewillow's Photo Album
Lilac Rosewillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Riddle Participant's Award Summer 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 3

Lilac Rosewillow has disabled reputation
Your book review was awesome! I definitely want to read that book! Also I think the whole book review idea is great! It's really gonna catch on! Please do more book reviews!!! I would love to read them!!!
-Lilac Rosewillow
Old 09-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase

HAha! Thanks Lilac!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Title: The Wide-Awake Princess
Author: E.D. Baker

This book is about Princess Annabelle (Anna for short), who is Sleeping Beauty's (She's renamed Gwendolyn in this book) younger sister. When Gwendolyn and the rest of the people in the castle fell asleep, Anna stayed awake because when she was younger, a fairy cast a spell on her so magic couldn't touch her and magic fades when she is around it. Now Anna must go and figure out who is Gwendolyn's true love so he can wake Gwen (Short for Gwendolyn) up.
This story is also a jumble of several fairy tales from Sleeping Beauty (Obviously), to Rapunzel.

I give this book
Old 06-06-2013, 09:35 PM
"You're a fai-"—"I know!"
View Cornflower's Photo Album
Cornflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Thanksgiving Award EKB Meme Award Trick or Treat Award Halloween 2014 Award If Staff Were Silly Sweets Participant Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Bahahaha
Cornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
I have the book Fairy Wings and I loved it! I believe I read it three times. I enjoy reading your book reviews, to see other people's opinions on some particular books. I also like your review for The Wide-awake Princess, which is on my wish list! Do you have the second book that goes to the The Wide-awake princess, Unlocking the Spell?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase

"Fairy Wings" is a great book! I just wish it was easier to find "Fairy Lies". It looks like a good book.
I'm glad you like my reviews!
No I have not read "Unlocking the Spell" yet, but I want to. I saw it in the store one time, but I decided to get "The Wide-Awake Princess" Instead. It's always best to read the first book a series before reading the second one.
I am almost done reading "The Frog Princess" and I will do a review on that one next!
Old 06-07-2013, 05:17 PM
nostalgic
View Twinklesky's Photo Album
Twinklesky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Memory Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Butterfly-ish
Twinklesky has disabled reputation
Garden Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Fairy Wings wasn't really my favorite book. I do enjoy reading your reviews, and I'm looking forward to your review on The Frog Princess. I've read it twice and while I didn't love it that much, it was an enjoyable read.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I read "Fairy Wings" a second time, and it wasn't as good as I remembered it. Probably because I knew what was gonna happen