PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Beyond the Hollow

Beyond the Hollow For anything not relating to Pixie Hollow or Fairies

Old Legend of the NeverBeast Movie

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:32 AM
just vibing
View kass101's Photo Album
kass101's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Boo!
kass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
I've been reading through some of these, and the soundtrack "Mourning Fawn" could mean that Fawn is the one mourning, and the title may be implying that Fawn is is doing the action of mourning. Maybe, as Sapphira stated that Gruff may go back into the 1000 year slumber, and she could be mourning for that reason.

I also love you guys' ideas from all the songs, we've got a lot of detective pixies here!
Old 02-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Tinker Fairy
View FairiesFan93's Photo Album
FairiesFan93's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Word Search Winners Award Spring 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Smiley Story Award 2015 Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Penguin Awareness Day 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: Adventurous
FairiesFan93 is a Fast FlyerFairiesFan93 is a Fast FlyerFairiesFan93 is a Fast Flyer
Tinker Talent
Got the novel! And although I'm not reading it until after I see the film, I did spoil myself and checked: Fawn and Gruff both live!

Last edited by Mommy 2 Jules; 02-05-2015 at 03:53 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags
Old 02-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Just as a quick tip: you might want to put the spoilers in [ SPOILER][/ SPOILER] tags. When you do that, the words black out until moused over. Like this!
We should... probably start doing that from now on in this thread.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:49 AM
Tinker Fairy
FairiesFan93's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Word Search Winners Award Spring 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Smiley Story Award 2015 Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Penguin Awareness Day 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award 

FairiesFan93 is a Fast FlyerFairiesFan93 is a Fast FlyerFairiesFan93 is a Fast Flyer
Tinker Talent
Ah, ok. Didn't know the board had that! Thanks!
Old 02-05-2015, 01:48 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 

popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Click the image to view the full version
Old 02-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Tinkering...
View Daisybelle's Photo Album
Daisybelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ethereal
Daisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
1 month! Yay!
Old 02-09-2015, 04:06 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Partial Review: Legend of the Neverbeast

My family and I saw Legend of the Neverbeast at a Disney theater.

First Tinker Bell came out on the stage and danced for the audience. Then the previews started. The moms in the audience loved the trailer for "Inside Out" when it made the joke about the Brazilian Helicopter pilot.

At first the end credits are motionless watercolor paintings. Then it starts with plain looking credits. But there are a few little extra animated things during the "plain part" of the end credits with Fawn helping some animals, for instance: ducks.

We thought the movie was good, and the littlest pixie in my family especially liked the Neverbeast. Candlefeather liked the three rabbits learning to hop.

I liked the music.

The audience clapped enthusiastically at the right parts. Some of the littler viewers were frightened by some scenes and had to be reassured by their mothers that things would turn out OK.

I heard a child near me ask "What does locate mean?" "It means find" said the mom.

If any of you know the rabbits's names, could you tell me?

OK, now on to the spoilers. Don't read these if you haven't seen the movie.

Seriously: some of these might ruin the surprises of the movie for you.

There was a lot of emphasis on Fawn. There was no sign of Clank, Bobble, or Terrence.

I was reminded of the legend of Androcles and the Lion. Maybe I will tell that story on here sometime.

The Neverbeast's hair was animated as extra stiff or wiry compared to rabbit fur.

Does anybody know the name of the rabbit who did not like to hop as much as the other rabbits?

Why did they create a new librarian?

I was glad Tink chose to go to Winter, but disappointed we did not see any of our winter fairy friends. I was delighted to see some green tall winter boots on Tink that I think my Stormy Lightningberry used to have.

They had four seasonal areas clearly mentioned. It reminded me of the Disney Fairies Online.

Silvermist seemed slower than the other main fairies to catch on to hints. Was it that way in the other movies?

I was scared at the outcome because of rumors from PHF, but it was not a downer ending.

Watch out for hawks! Maybe even baby hawks.

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)

Last edited by StormyLightningberry; 02-09-2015 at 05:08 AM. Reason: rabbit names, Silvermist, animated
Old 02-09-2015, 04:39 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Glad you enjoyed it, Stormy! I'll make sure to avoid those spoiler tags.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:23 AM
3 Founding Fairies 2008
View Peweli's Photo Album
Peweli's Fairy
Awards Showcase
First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd A Fairy Haiku Award 
Total Awards: 51

My Mood: Festive
Peweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Heart Neverbeast

Hello,:

I heard this is the last Tinkerbell movie; Is that correct?
Just wondering. I will see The Neverbeast soon as I have not seen it yet.

Thanks for the information about the movie, I sounds good.

My Fairies: Quicksilver Cloudshimmer Twilight Diamondshimmer Topaz Nightwhisper
Arrival Date - January 24, 2007
Old 02-10-2015, 01:02 AM
Tinker Fairy
FairiesFan93's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Tinker Talent
Unfortunately it seems this is the last Fairies film for now. Joel McNeely (composer of the music for all six films) has stated it is, as he said DisneyToons Studios has been shut down, not just layoffs. He said never say never, though, for future Tink films. But for now, we won't be getting one for quite some time.

I actually had tears in my eyes when I found this out. These films are extraordinary, Disney's best in my opinion, and they definitely beat out the overhyped disappointment that is Frozen. Disney should put these films in theaters in a wide theatrical release, as they're much more enjoyable than the stuff they've put out lately in my opinion. Alright, little rant over. Just frustrated this is the end for now.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:33 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
I am sad that Neverbeast is the last movie, but I don't think the Disney Fairies franchise is Disney's best. I personally like Disney's Marvel movies ever so slightly better than the Disney Fairies movies. I like Frozen just as much as I like the DF movies, and I don't think Frozen is a disappointment. It had great songs, a great plot, Elsa could've used a bit more character development, it had a great message, and it shows that you don't have to fall in love with a man (or a woman, if you're a boy). I don't think enough people like the Tinkerbell movies, so that's why the movies have never been released in the US. There are probably more fans in the UK, and maybe a lot of people in the UK work on the Disney Fairies movies, so maybe that's why the DF movies are only released there. I don't know.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:35 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Okay, first off, new clip (it continues where the 6 min preview left off--literally, it adds only ten seconds to the clip. Ten important seconds as Nyx reacts to what the Queen has told her.)

Now then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairiesFan93 View Post
Joel McNeely (composer of the music for all six films) has stated it is, as he said DisneyToons Studios has been shut down, not just layoffs.
Could you possibly post a source to this?
Alright, I was midway through writing this post about how this is unfounded and that we don't know for certain if it's true, and then I read this...
Okay, yeah, I know, this isn't official official. But when you hear someone who said they toured DisneyToon Studios, interviewed several people, and the details look grim ("eighty people in the building [...] but the last one's not happening now. The final two Tinkerbells aren't being done now") I mean... it's hard to not believe it.

I still wish I could get an official confirmation from the head of Disney that this is happening, since this is the only website I've heard of that's visited DisneyToon and interviewed people there... I mean, I want to get more than one-two sources on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa Diamondflower View Post
I am sad that Neverbeast is the last movie [...] I don't think enough people like the Tinkerbell movies, so that's why the movies have never been released [theatrically] in the US. There are probably more fans in the UK, and maybe a lot of people in the UK work on the Disney Fairies movies, so maybe that's why the DF movies are only released there. I don't know.
I don't think there's more fans in the UK--at least not more than the US. And I also know for a fact that not a lot of people from the UK work on the movies--in fact, other than DisneyToon studios and Walt Disney Animation Studios, the other studio that works hard on the films is a studio called Prana Animation Studios, which has locations in Los Angeles... and Mumbai, India. If you watch the credits, about halfway through, you start to see some of the people who worked on the film (mostly the animators), and almost all of them have very Indian last names. Of course, I'm not saying that they're all American or Indian, but my best guess is that most of them are American or Indian.

Why I think they didn't release the movies theatrically in the US was for one, simple reason: they wouldn't make enough money at the box office to make it worth the expenses. It's actually kind-of ironic, especially as you look at the chart below (from Wikipedia):

...you can see that the sales started off strong in the US, while everywhere else (mostly theatrical) it was a rough start. Then, over time, the international market picked up steam and support for the movies while the US releases actually... lost steam. You'd think DisneyToon would look at that and go, "well hey, if we want it to be more popular, how come we don't release them in US theaters? They'll meet a wider range of people, we can advertise for them more, sure it would be expensive on our side, but wouldn't it be worth it?"

...yeah, I don't know. It seems as though I started this post with an idea, did a little research, and realized it was the exact opposite of what I thought it would be.
Which isn't totally a good thing either... I really don't want the last Tinker Bell movie to be released in less than a month!
Old 02-10-2015, 03:07 AM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Wow Popcorn, you really know your stuff. Thanks for the clip and the information, too bad that it looks like Legend really will be the last movie.

Thank you Stormy and Alyce!
Old 02-10-2015, 06:23 AM
Tinker Fairy
FairiesFan93's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Tinker Talent
Popcorn, you can find Joel on Twitter and Facebook (where you can add him as a friend, as well as Steve Loter, director of Neverbeast). I PM'ed Joel on Facebook after I saw a post from him stating he completed work on the final Fairies film and how it was an honor for him to be a part of it, and I asked if it really was true if it was the last one. He said unfortunately yes, but never say never.

Although some good news was he said Intrada Soundtracks is working on releasing another Tinker Bell score. I guess that sort of makes up for it. And I don't think Fairie are losing steam. If you go on Netflix, one of the films is always on the front trending on Netflix. Shows a lot of people are interested. Now the franchise won't die, no doubt, as it's been built up too much for Disney to abandon it. But while the mess at DisneyToons gets sorted out, we will wait.

And I don't think it's fair to say the Tink films wouldn't perform well at the box office. It was never given the chance. Neverbeast has brought in an impressive 6+ million in the limited theaters it's opened in overseas. Yet for some reason they give Planes a theatrical release...
Old 02-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
I don't think the fairy films would do well at the box office. Too many people don't like this franchise. Even though, based on the DVD sales, it might seem like they'll make more money at the box office, they probably won't. Not trying to be a pessimist. :/