PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Pixie Tales > Hollow Tales

Hollow Tales When the pixie dust runs out.

Old The Winter Woods Mystery

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Post The Winter Woods Mystery

This is my second official story. I will try not to add as many errors this time! This is the first story to feature my frost fairy Misty.

Part 1

Chapter One

It was late November in Pixie Hollow. By that time, fairies were talking about the upcoming Winter Wonderland Party.

During breakfast at the Tearoom, Queen Clarion tapped her goblet for attention. All fairies stopped talking and paid attention to their queen.

“Thank you” Queen Ree said. “As you know, the winter fairies are busy preparing for the next season on the mainland. But the warm fairies still need to work hard to prepare for the Winter Wonderland Party. The Great Winter Light Up will start on December and the decoration and light fairies need to hang lanterns in the Winter Woods”

After breakfast, Snowflake Neverlily was already ready to light up the Winter Woods.

“Do you want to have hot cocoa with me in the Autumn Forest?” Copperwind asked. “Sure!” Silver, Dewdrop, Rosa and Zephyr exclaimed. “I’m too busy” Snowflake said. “I’ll have cocoa with you some other time”

The fairies headed to Copperwind’s house in Tinker’s Nook. Copperwind made some delicious hot cocoa with sugar. Then, Copperwind and her friends flew to the area of the Autumn Forest close to the Winter Border because they thought it was the best place to enjoy their cocoa.

“I can’t believe I missed tea gatherings just to get ready for some dance I took seriously!” Dewdrop said. She practiced for the Animal Masquerade’s dance too much so she can impress everyone. She didn’t even bother to wear a costume in the first place! But she learned how to have fun from her friends from the Water Talent Society and got a mermaid costume.

Luckily, there’s no Fairy Dance in the Winter Wonderland Party so you wouldn’t have to hear Dew talk about practicing so much.

Silver looked at the wintery scenery on the other side of the border. There was a desk fairy checking in warm fairies that are all bundled up. There were frost fairies on the winter side frosting fairy wings to protect them from the freezing cold.

Silver noticed an Aquamarine right between her knees. She is looking for seven magical gemstones that turn into crystal sprites from the mainland. She already has a sapphire that controls water and a citrine that controls animals (the sprite told her earlier). Silver put the aquamarine in her bag.

After she finished her hot cocoa, Silver decided to go to the Winter Woods to ice skate. She flew to her house to grab her skates. She might meet the aquamarine sprite and find out its power.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:26 PM
Always learning!
View Book Thing's Photo Album
Book Thing's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 
Total Awards: 150

My Mood: Wishful
Book Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Your story is flitterific so far, Tinker! The fact that it starts in late November really drew me in, because that's my favourite time of year! I also love how your story involves the upcoming Winter Wonderland Party. It was definitely one of my favourite events in Pixie Hollow. Would that bit about Dewdrop happen to allude to your Animal Masquerade story? I've never read your first story, but I'm very intrigued by Dewdrop's adventures during the Animal Masquerade! The magical gemstones also sound really interesting! I absolutely adore mysteries, so I can't wait to see how this story continues! Keep up the great writing!

~Ruby.

Thank you, Hazel ♥
Old 11-24-2014, 09:29 PM
Solving life's mysteries
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 

tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Chapter Two

After Silver put on her winter outfit and grabbed her light blue ice skates, she noticed a light blue sprite.

“Thank you for finding me!” Aquamarine exclaimed exited. “I have the power of ice, snow and frost” Then, the spite flew into Silver’s bag and turned into an ordinary gemstone.

Silver flew with her ice skates, ingredient pouch and gemstone bag to the Border. She gave ingredients to the fairy at the desk and frost fairies frosted Silver’s wings.

Silver flew around the chilly Winter Woods. It was freezing but warm fairies love it there. Before, warm and winter fairies can’t go to each others realms until Tinkerbell crossed the border. She and Periwinkle found out that frosting a warm fairy’s wings will protect them from the cold.

On her way to the ice rink, Silver saw a fairy hiding in the quiet forest. She was peeking out. The fairy had short black hair and light blue eyes.

“Who is she?” Silver wondered. “Why is she hiding?”

Silver slowly flew toward the fairy. She quickly flew away on Silver’s approach.

Silver was curious about the fairy but she tried to forget about it and flew to the ice rink in Snowcap Glade. Silver’s sisters Snowflake and Marigold were there. Marigold was with Fawn, Amber and the animals and Snowflake was with Strawberry, Zephyr and Jenny.

“Hi Silver!” Snowflake exclaimed. “I’m skating with my fellow Rainbow Society members!”

Amber seemed to overhear. “What’s the Rainbow Society?” she asked.

“It’s supposed to be a group of fairies in various talents who hang out together.” Strawberry explained. “Fairies usually hang out with members in their own talent but we are all friends”

“Can I join?” Amber asked.

“Sure!” Zephyr said excitedly. “There are only garden and light fairies in our group and we would love to have an animal fairy in our group!”

After ice skating, the fairies decided to take a little flight around the Winter Woods. Silver noticed that same fairy she saw earlier fly toward Chilly Falls.

“I have to go” Silver said.
“Bye!” the fairies exclaimed. Silver flew home.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:03 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Terrific story so far, Tinker! It's really creative, I love the idea of the gemstones that are actually magical sprites.
I can't wait to read more. Would it be correct to presume the dark-haired fairy hiding from Silver is Misty?

Sig made by the amazing Ruby (Book Thing)!

Old 11-26-2014, 02:35 AM
Solving life's mysteries
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Night Wish, you're right! You'll see in this chapter:

Chapter Three

Silver can’t stop thinking about that mysterious fairy. Why did she fly away? Why is she flying toward Chilly Falls? Why is she hiding?

But Silver knew she’s a winter fairy. Later, Sil decided to track down that fairy and see what she’s up to.

When Sil reached the border, she saw Periwinkle on the other side.

“Hi Peri!” Silver exclaimed. “Did any winter fairies arrive recently?” Silver had never seen that winter fairy in the Hollow before.

“A frost fairy named Misty arrived very recently” Periwinkle answered. “But I haven’t seen her since her Arrival Day.”

“I think I seen her!” Silver exclaimed. “She had black hair and was hiding”

“Misty had black hair!” Periwinkle said.

“I got to find her!” Silver said exited. “She must be up to something!”

Silver looked around the Winter Woods in all directions. She couldn’t find Misty.

“The sprites!” Silver thought. She remembered Sapphire telling her that if you put a note in the bag, a sprite will be called and will respond.

Silver flew back home and wrote a note on leaf paper asking how to use the sprite powers to find Misty. She put it in the leaf bag. Nothing happened.

Silver flew outside to do some of her water talent duties. When she flew back in her house, nothing changed. She flew to the Tearoom for dinner. She watched the storytelling show and ate dessert. When she got back home, it was just like last time.

Silver put on her water lily and dandelion fluff pajamas, brushed her teeth with peppermint leaves, combed her hair and put her hummingbird Pearl to bed. Nothing changed.

Silver fell asleep, but she awoken at midnight, because a bright blue light was waking her up. A sprite! Sapphire!

Silver gasped. “What are you doing here?” she asked.

“I got your note” Sapphire explained. “We don’t naturally turn into sprites during the day. When we turned into gemstones after we introduced ourselves, we decided to only reform when it’s dark until we are all found and combined to a Rainbow Sprite”

“Why midnight?” Silver asked exhausted.
“The previous times we’ve become a sprite is when it’s the slightest bit dark just because it’s an emergency or we needed to introduce ourselves” Sapphire explained. “Our minds become fully developed at this time, full enough to answer notes”

“Now answer my question, stat!” Silver commanded. “It’s an emergency!”

“Well,” Sapphire started. “I can create a mirror in the pond at night so you can see the answer”

“Let’s go now!” Silver exclaimed. She quickly flew outside. Sapphire led Silver to a lily pad rested on a smooth pond.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Solving life's mysteries
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter Four

Silver sat on the lily pad staring at the smooth pond. She could see her reflection pretty clearly.

Sapphire flew in a circle above the pond. Bright blue dust fell in the pond. It created a circle. Inside the circle, the water no longer seemed blue. It seemed clear and Silver’s reflection was even clearer then the one before.

“Ask the mirror your question” Sapphire explained.

Silver looked directly in the mirror. She took a deep breath.

“Where can I find Misty?” she asked.

Immediately, the image of Silver faded away. An image of the ice rink in Snowcap Glade appeared. It looked like it was evening. No fairy was there. A few seconds later, Misty quickly flew on the rink wearing ice skates. She began skating.

There was a little fast forward. The sky quickly looked like it was getting darker. Then, Misty flew away from the rink and toward the forest. Other winter fairies entered the area. Then, the entire mirror faded away and there was now a smooth pond with a more blurry reflection image of Silver.

“What does that mean?” Silver asked.

“If you keep entering the ice rink during dinnertime,” Sapphire explained. “You might find Misty. But be sure to hide. She won’t come if there are other fairies around.”

“Good idea!” Silver exclaimed. She flew back in her house and began to fall asleep.

Each day throughout the rest of November and the first week of December, Silver went to the ice rink during the start of dinnertime, but didn’t stay for a long time because she wanted to eat some dinner. After Silver ate, she skipped the storytelling fairy show and even dessert! She stayed at the ice rink until the fairies flew back. Misty didn’t appear.

But one day, Misty did appear. Misty was such an amazing ice skater! She impressed Silver with leaps, spins and one legged skating. Silver likes ice skating and water skating, but Misty is much faster and more impressive than her!

After about five minutes, Silver realized the reason why she came here.

“Good job!” Silver complemented as she walked out of her hiding place.

Misty was shocked. She almost fell but did an impressive save.

“What are you doing here?” she asked. “It’s dinnertime!”

“What are you doing here?” Silver asked.

Misty was silent. Her glow turned pink for embarrassment. “It’s okay!” Silver said understanding the fairy. “I’m Silver” she said. “Misty” the fairy said shyly.

“Why were you hiding recently?” Silver asked. Misty was silent.

“Don’t worry” Silver said comforting Misty.

“I’ll tell you tomorrow” Misty said. “Same time, same place”

Silver flew over to the Tearoom. She has finally met Misty and is soon going to learn what she’d been doing.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Solving life's mysteries
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter Five

The next day at the same time, Misty and Silver met at the ice rink. “What were you going to tell me?” Silver asked.

Misty seemed less shy now. “Ever since I first arrived, I was interested in learning about the Winter Woods” she explained. “I learned about the Ice Palace where the Winter Wonderland Party will take place, but I have something to tell you about it”

It seemed like Misty didn’t want to talk. “Are you going to the Winter Wonderland Party?” Silver asked trying to keep the conversation going.

Misty hesitated. It seems like her shyness is coming back. “About the Ice Palace,” Misty continued. But before she could answer, a weather fairy came.

“You’re a warm fairy, right?” the weather fairy asked Silver. Silver nodded.

“Are you sleeping on the warm side tonight?” the weather fairy asked. Silver nodded once again. “There’ll just be a strong blizzard in the Winter Woods tonight” the fairy explained. “Make sure you don’t go outside there”

The weather fairy flew away. “Did you hear her?” Silver asked Misty. Silver was a little worried.

“I have to go outside tonight!” Misty exclaimed in an urgent sounding voice.

“Why?” Silver asked.
“I just…” Misty said trying to sound reasonable but she paused at the end of the phrase.
“But, the weather fairy said you can’t go outside!” Silver exclaimed.
“It’s just a blizzard!” Misty said. She sounded kind of angry now, and then she flew away.

Silver flew back to the Tearoom worried. Misty wouldn’t listen! It might be serious! But Misty won’t mention why she wanted to go outside and tries to ignore the mention of this being serious.

Silver worried for the rest of the day. But repeated to herself, “It’s just weather, it’s just weather,”

Silver was unable to sleep that night. She knew how the weather fairy seemed serious.

Silver awoken, grabbed her winter clothes and gemstone bag and left her house.

Silver remembered seeing Misty fly toward Chilly Falls recently. “Maybe that’s where she is” Silver thought.
Silver took the Winter Woods entrance in Treetop Bend which leads to Chilly Falls. The blizzard was stronger then Silver thought. She noticed Misty leaving what seemed to be her house.

The strong wind of the storm was blowing Misty away. She can barely fly. Silver was grateful for flying to the Winter Woods to save her.

“Misty!” Silver shouted. But Misty got distracted and the wind blew her toward the forest. She struggled to fly toward Silver.

“Misty!” Silver shouted again as she tried to fly toward Misty. It was very difficult. The freezing wind seemed to be fighting against her.

Then, the wind began to blow all in one direction. It pushed Silver toward Misty, but Misty seemed to be getting pulled toward the forest.

“Help!” Misty shouted.

Chapter Six

Silver flew as fast as she could toward Misty, but she seems to be uncatchable.

“How can I grab her now?” Silver thought. She looked at her gemstone bag. ”Of course!”

Silver tried to grab her citrine and fly toward Misty at the same time. When the two seemed to be close enough, Silver used her gem to summon a snowy owl.

The owl swooped Misty and Silver and took them to safety in Treetop Bend. But it looked like Misty was crying. Her wings seemed to be melting slightly from the warmer spring weather.

Silver used her Aquamarine to create a snow cloud that hung above Misty. The wings seemed to be getting straight again.

“Why did you want to go outside in the blizzard anyway?” Silver asked.

“It’s about the Ice Palace” Misty explained. “I can’t show you now because the blizzard’s way too strong. I don’t think I can fly home either.”

“You can stay at my house tonight” Silver offered. “I live closer to the Summer Glade so we need the Snowmaker instead of the simple snow cloud”

Silver took Misty to her home in Lillypad Pond. Luckily, the snow cloud ran just long enough for Silver to grab the Snowmaker and create an ice block with her aquamarine that will make the Snowmaker run just long enough.
Silver created a bed for Misty by grabbing some flower pillows and using her aquamarine to frost them.

The snow flurry hung above Misty as she slept. Silver woke Misty early in the morning before breakfast.

“The weather fairies said the storm should be over now” Silver explained. “I’ll take you home”

Silver created another snow cloud that would last Misty to the border in Treetop Bend.

“Meet me by the Ice Palace after breakfast” Misty said right before she entered the Winter Woods.

After breakfast, Silver had a difficult time at first knowing exactly where the Ice Palace was, but then it turned out there was no ice palace! It’s gone!

Last edited by tinker406TWO; 12-06-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Solving life's mysteries
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Part 2

Chapter One

“Where’s the Ice Palace?” Silver asked.
“It’s gone!” Misty shouted. “I’ve been investigating ever since it disappeared in early November so that’s why I wanted go outside, even during the blizzard!”

“So the storm did not destroy that” Silver said. “We should inform the Minister of Winter”

The minister was flying toward the Council Chambers. “Excuse me” Silver said nudging the minister’s gown. “The Ice Palace is gone!”

The minister looked at the two fairies. “I know” she said. “I told Lord Milori and now I’m going to inform Queen Clarion”

“What did Lord Milori say?” Misty asked.
“He’s going to examine the area right now” the minister explained.

“Let’s talk to the lord” Misty suggested. Silver nodded in agreement and the two fairies flew to the area.

Sure enough, Lord Milori was examining the area where the palace was.

“Found anything?” Misty asked. Lord Milori turned toward the fairies.

“I know animals didn’t destroy it” Milori informed. “The storm didn’t either”
“I noticed that the Ice Palace was gone before the storm” Misty explained.

Lord Milori sniffed the air. “Seawater” he said.
“What?” Silver asked. She was confused.
“I small seawater” Milori answered.

Silver and Misty sniffed the air. It smelled like seawater fair and square.

“I know about these things” Silver said. “I’ll search the waters in Neverland for clues”

“We’ll do some more investigating here” Milori said. “Come back if you found anything”
Old 12-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Solving life's mysteries
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter Two

Before she began searching, Silver decided to fly home to take off her winter outfit. When she got inside, it was completely covered with ice!

Silver flew outside, it was all normal, but there was still ice inside.

Silver automatically knew who made the Ice Palace disappear and who frosted Silver’s home, a frost fairy that was up to no good!

Silver immediately flew back to the Winter Woods. Misty and Lord Milori were in the spot the Ice Palace was.

“A mischievous frost fairy must’ve melted the Ice Palace and frosted my home!”

“Your home was frosted?” Misty asked. Silver nodded.
“It was all normal from the outside though” she said.

“We need to hold an emergency trial immediately!” Lord Milori announced in a serious voice.

A half an hour later, snowy owls and snow weasels had all the frost fairies in Pixie Hollow gather in the Frost Forest.

“A frost fairy must’ve melted the Ice Palace and frosted Silver’s home” Lord Milori announced.

There was a murmur about the palace in the crowd. Some were confused, but none of them looked like they were pretending to be innocent.

The frost fairies confidently lined up. None of them looked nervous.

Misty and Lord Milori talked to all the frost fairies for a while. Most of them were trustworthy and proven not to have melted the Ice Palace.

During the trial, Silver remembered the seawater smell. She sniffed each of the frost fairies. None of the fairies had the same smell.

“Remember the smell?” Silver asked. “None of these fairies have that”

“All of the frost fairies attended the trial” Milori said double checking his roll call list. “Maybe it isn’t a frost fairy, it’s another winter fairy”

All the other winter fairies were sent. Silver sniffed the fairies and sure enough, there was no seawater smell.

“Only a winter fairy would’ve frosted my home” Silver said confused.
“The Ice Palace probably magically disappeared” Milori theorized. “The snow level didn’t rise and I don’t remember seeing any difference in the surface”

“Let’s just figure out where the smell came from” Silver suggested. “I don’t remember that smell but another water fairy might know” Silver flew back to Lilly Pad Pond.

Chapter Three

“Water fairies!” Silver shouted. “I need your help!” The water fairies looked kind of confused.

“The Ice Palace has magically disappeared, and it has left a strange seawater smell”

“What are we supposed to do?” Cera asked.
“Tell us which location the water is specifically from” Silver answered.

“I have to help the snowflake fairies in Evergreen Overlook” Silvermist said. “I have to arrive as soon as possible so I can’t stop to examine seawater smells”

“I heard about the Ice Palace disappearing from the Babbling Brook” Cera explained. “But I haven’t flown around much so I might not be much helpful”

Some water fairies volunteered, but when they got to the Ice Palace, barely any water fairies there can identify the smell. The fairy who had the best answer was Hydrangea.

“It isn’t Havendish Stream, and I’ve been there a lot” she explained.
“I live near the stream and I get Hydrangea’s point” Dewdrop said.

“So it isn’t Havendish Stream” Silver said to herself quietly.

Silver flew home. She looked up all the water areas in Neverland. The locations included the Never Sea, the Pirate Cove and Crocodile Creek. Silver had never been to any of those places. She flew above the Never Sea when traveling to the Mainland, but didn’t pay attention to it.

She didn’t dare to go to the Pirate Cove or Crocodile Creek and never been to the other areas.

“I don’t have time to go to all these areas” Silver thought. “If only I can narrow it down”
Old 12-15-2014, 10:28 PM
Solving life's mysteries
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter Four

Silver didn’t bother to talk at dinner. She skipped even dessert so she can think about what she can do. “Who can identify water smells?” Silver asked herself. Immediately, her mind turned to Sapphire.

Silver flew back to Chilly Falls. The smell was still there. She created a magical bubble that “captured the smell”.

She guided the magic bubble back to her house. She carefully used her talent power to place the bubble in her gem back and she added a note in it:

I’ve captured a seawater smell in this magic bubble. I want to know where that specific smell came from.

This time, Silver knew she had to wait until midnight for the sprite to be summoned.

That night, the bright blue light woke up Silver again. Sapphire was there.

“I can create another mirror that can sense that seawater smell” Sapphire said. “Let’s go”

Sapphire and Silver flew over to the same lily pad Silver was sitting on back in November when she was still trying to find out who Misty was. Just like last time, Sapphire created the mirror with her blue dust.

“Where was the seawater smell specifically from?” Silver asked the mirror.

The mirror created an image of Mermaid Lagoon. Silver had never been there. She knew mermaids weren’t friendly to fairies.

“Should I go there?” she asked Sapphire.
“You should” Sapphire answered. “But go during the day or you’ll turn into a bat”

The mermaid singing voices can turn fairies into bats at night. Silver decided to go to the lagoon after breakfast the next day. She flew back in her house and fell asleep.
The next day, Silver enjoyed blueberry pancakes and tea for breakfast while talking to her fellow water talent friends. After she ate, she grabbed her bag and used one of Snowflake’s maps to fly to Mermaid Lagoon. The lagoon is less then an hour away from Pixie Hollow, but Silver was flying slowly because she was nervous to approach the mermaids. After all, they might’ve used some sort of magic to make the Ice Palace disappear.

About an hour later, Silver finally reached the lagoon.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:47 AM
Solving life's mysteries
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter Five

The more crowded part of the area was underwater, but mermaids like to hang out on the rocks on the cove. One of the mermaids was there right now. She had a sparkly purple tail and short wavy brown hair with purple highlights.

Silver was afraid to confront the mermaid. She slowly creped closer to her, but before she can say a word, the mermaid looked at Silver and gave a friendly smile.

“Hi!” she exclaimed enthusiastically. “What brings you here?’
“Um… fly with you!” Silver said sounding a little confused. “I’m Silver Iceriver, and I came from Pixie Hollow”

“I remember exploring the streams of Pixie Hollow!” the mermaid exclaimed. “Oh! I’m Iris!”

“I came here to find out what happened to the Ice Palace” Silver explained. “It disappeared and left a seawater smell. My magic sapphire said it came from the lagoon”

“Oh, I should tell you” Iris said. “My friends and I decided to hide the palace because I heard an evil mermaid society is planning on destroying it. If they manage to ruin the Winter Wonderland Party, they might destroy all of Pixie Hollow!”

“Thank you for telling me” Silver said. “We still need the palace for the party. Can you make it appear again?”

“We used a magic stone and some pixie dust to hide the palace” Iris explained. “We unfortunately lost the stone”

“Do you have a clue where it is?” Silver asked.
Iris nodded. “I think it’s somewhere in Havendish Stream” she explained. “When you find the stone, add a pinch of pixie dust to it and the hiding spell will be broken”

“Thank you!” Silver said. Right before she left, she was confused. Why was the mermaid friendly to a fairy? How does she know about fairies and Pixie Hollow? How does she have pixie dust?
Silver asked all these questions. It didn’t seem like Iris wanted to answer.

“There’s something about me” she said. “I can’t tell you now”

“Okay!” Silver exclaimed as she began to leave the lagoon. “I don’t need to know!”

“Bye!” Iris shouted.
“Fly with you later!” Silver shouted back.

Chapter Six

Unlike when she was flying to Mermaid Lagoon, Silver was flying as quickly as possible back to Pixie Hollow. She found out why the Ice Palace disappeared, and needs to report the news to Misty. The stone must be found ASAP.

It took less then an hour to get back to Pixie Hollow. Silver flew home to put on her winter outfit. Then, Silver realized she forgot to ask Iris what happened to her frosted house, but she tried to ignore that and put on her jacket. The palace was more important.

Misty was waiting at the winter side of the border.
“I talked to a mermaid and she told me that she hid the palace so she can protect it” Silver explained.

Misty was confused. “I thought mermaids weren’t friendly to fairies” she said.

“I know,” Silver said quickly. “This mermaid is weird, but we need to fly around Havendish Stream so we can find a magical stone we can use to break the spell”

“Um…” Misty said as she looked at her wings.
“Oh, right” Silver said. “I’ll search for the stone by myself and you’ll inform the Minister of Winter, Lord Milori and the other winter fairies”

“Good luck!” Misty shouted. “But remember, the first day of winter is very soon”

“Okay!” Silver shouted. She rushed back home to take off her jacket. Then, she realized the ice never destroyed her wings.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Solving life's mysteries
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Part 3

Chapter One

Silver remembered Iris telling her that the stone might be in Havendish Stream. She hoped it’s not underwater, or she’ll have to swim underwater and her wings will get wet.

Silver decided to check the water in the cove first because it’s closer to Mermaid Lagoon. “Maybe I should go to Mermaid Grotto” she thought. “The mermaids like it there so they might’ve lost the stone there”

Before Silver can enter the grotto, she realized that she didn’t have the KEY! The mermaid queen gives Silvermist a key for every fairy in the Hollow during the Mermaid Party so they can enter Mermaid Grotto.

Silver decided to fly to Silvermist’s Grotto so she can ask her for a key. After all, mermaids wanted to protect the castle. Silvermist is one of Silver’s best friends anyway.

“Silvermist,” Silver said as she flew in her house. “Can you ask the mermaid queen for the key? I need to get to Mermaid Grotto”

Silvermist shook her head. “The mermaid queen would never give out any keys if it’s not the Mermaid Party” she responded. “Especially if it has to do our property”

“But mermaids wanted to protect the Ice Palace!” Silver explained.
“Not the queen” Silvermist informed. “She would never do that”

“Okay” Silver said getting her friend’s point as she left the grotto.

Chapter Two

Silver decided to check the waters east where something from Mermaid Lagoon is more likely to be. In Dewdrop Vale, she flew into her sister Snowflake.

“Hi Silver!” Snowflake exclaimed. “What are you doing?”
“I’m looking for a magical stone that would restore the Ice Palace” Silver explained.
“Can I help?” Snowflake asked.
“Sure!” Silver agreed.

The two fairies searched the waters in the Spring Valley, there was no magical stone.

Later, Snowflake had to leave so she and the other light fairies can plan spring preparations.
“You can do it later!” Silver shouted. “We need to find the stone!”

Snowflake shook her head. “Even though it’s not even the first day of winter yet, spring preparations are still important” she explained. Then, she flew away.

Silver sadly sat on a nearby rock. She felt like crying. The fairies are depending on her to get the Ice Palace back, but she can’t find the stone. It could even be underwater.

Silver decided to search the stream in Havendish Square, but she didn’t have any hope.

Then, when no one else was around, sitting on a rock was Iris!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:52 PM
Solving life's mysteries
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter Three

Silver was shocked. She’s a mermaid! Mermaids ALWAYS hang out in Mermaid Lagoon!

“What are you doing here?” Silver asked.
“I’ll tell you later” Iris said. “What’s wrong?”
“I’m just worried the stone is underwater and I can’t swim” Silver explained.
“The stone floats so it should be on the surface” Iris explained.

“Any hints on where you lost it?” Silver asked.
“Either the Autumn Forest or the western part of the Summer Glade”

Silver was confused. She thought it would be closer to Mermaid Lagoon. Then, Iris dove back underwater. Just before Silver can ask about her home!

Silver knew though that Sunflower Gully is a more likely location for the stone to be hidden. She searched the entire stream, but there was no stone on the surface.

There’s only one more spot that the stone could be, a spot you wouldn’t expect a mermaid stone to end up, Cottonpuff Field.

Silver didn’t find anything magical or unusual, but she kept rechecking. It should be there if it’s not in Sunflower Gully.

The closest thing to the magic stone Silver could find was a tiny rock floating on the surface. Wait a minute! It was floating on the surface! It must be the stone! Silver grabbed the stone, quickly changed and then flew over to the Winter Woods to show the stone to Misty.

“It’s a rock” Misty pointed out when Silver gave the stone.
“It’s the only stone on the surface of the areas Iris told me about” Silver explained. We have to try”
“When?” Misty asked.
“Maybe we should make it appear when the fairies fly in” Silver suggested. “That would be cool!”

Misty seemed worried. “What if it is not the stone?” she asked.
“We have to try” Silver said. “I hope it works”
“How do you make the Ice Palace appear with the stone?” Misty asked.
“With pixie dust” Silver explained. “I’ll figure things out”
Old 12-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Solving life's mysteries
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter Four

Then, Snowflake quickly flew in.

“Snowflake!” Silver exclaimed. “What are you doing here?”
“I would like to tell you why your house is frozen” Snow explained. “Jenny and I found out that the mermaids needed to move the ice that is on the palace in order to hide it so they chose a random home to freeze”

“Why isn’t it harmful to my wings?” Silver asked.
“It’s ice in a warm temperature!” Snowflake informed. “Lillypad Pond is one of the warmest spots in the Spring Valley”

“Well, at least the mysteries are solved” Silver said. “We just need to make the Ice Palace appear again”

It was the first day of winter. The winter fairies filled Havendish Square with snow. All of the warm fairies were wearing their warmest attire and playing in the snow. The winter fairies flew to the mainland to bring in the new season.

The Rainbow Society was sitting on the stairs near the Ballroom door.

“I can’t wait to see the Ice Palace!” Snowflake exclaimed.
“Didn’t you notice that the Ice Palace is gone?” Jenny asked. “There might not be an Ice Palace!”

“There will be an Ice Palace” Snowflake said. “It was just hidden for protection”
“I love your positive attitude Snowflake!” complemented Amber.
“Too positive” pointed Jenny. “She might be ignoring important danger”
“The palace will be revealed before the party starts!” Snowflake explained. “Just wait and see!”

“I already got my key” Zephyr said.

The five fairies decided to fly around Havendish for a while before it was time for the Ice Palace to open.

“Where’s Silver?” Strawberry wondered.
“She’s at Chilly Falls getting ready for the Ice Palace opening” Snowflake explained.
“What Ice Palace opening?” Jenny asked suspiciously.
“You’ll see” Snowflake said. Then, she looked at the pocket watch clock on the Pixie Postings board. “It’s time for the opening!” she exclaimed.

The Rainbow Society and the other fairies flew to the Ice Palace area in Chilly Falls. Sure enough, there was no Ice Palace.

“See?” Jenny whispered to Snowflake.
“Wait” Snowflake said pointing to Silver. She was in front of the Ice Palace area with something clutched in her hands; the stone.

Chapter Five

When the fairies arrived, Silver sprinkled a little bit of pixie dust on the stone.

“Here it goes” she thought to herself.
She pointed the stone to the area where the Ice Palace was supposed to be and there was what seemed to be an earthquake. Silver and some of the other fairies in the front row had to quickly back up.

The large Ice Palace slowly began to grow. When it was in its full size, all of the fairies quickly flew in.

Silver looked around the palace. She saw her fellow fairies exchange presents, admire the tree and try out the ice piano.

Silver recognized many of her friends. There were lots of warm fairies and a few winter fairies who aren’t talent masters, but one of them was missing; Misty!

Silver knew that Misty shouldn’t be a talent master yet being that she’s new and she remembered seeing her in Chilly Falls. Silver looked in the house she saw Misty in, it was empty.

While Silver flew toward Evergreen Overlook to look for Misty, Misty was seen flying toward the Frost Forest.

“Misty!” Silver shouted quietly. “Where are you going?”
“Home” Misty explained. “That building in Chilly Falls was just my little shelter from the storm”
“Why aren’t you at the party?” Silver asked.

Misty was silent. And then, she said, “I told you, I’m not into parties”
“Don’t worry!” Silver told her friend. “It’ll be a lot of fun! You can only stick with me and my friends if you want”

Misty thought for a while, and then she said, “I’ll go!”

“Flitterific!” Silver exclaimed as she gave Misty a giant hug.

“The palace is back!” Silver exclaimed as she and Misty flew to the party. “I can’t wait for you to meet my sisters!”

“I’m kind of exited now!” Misty exclaimed.

The final chapter will be posted tomorrow.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:37 PM
Solving life's mysteries
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter Six

Silver and Misty flew in the Ice Palace. Misty was overwhelmed at first but then, she smiled.

“What happened to your home?” Misty asked.

“The mermaids who hid the palace put the leftover ice there” Silver exclaimed “But I just created an exact copy of the palace. I kind of like the ice, but I’ll remove it for spring. It’s just a new celebration thingy”

Snowflake flew toward the two fairies.
“Hi Silver!” she exclaimed. “Who’s that?”

“It’s my new friend Misty” Silver introduced. Misty gave a shy wave.

“We would love to have a frost fairy in the Rainbow Society!” Snowflake told her. “Would you like to join?”

“I don’t think I’m ready for all that now” Misty explained. “But I might join”

Silver introduced Misty to all her friends. Then, Snowflake flew in again.

“Would you like to fly to the Ballroom for a snowball fight?” she suggested. “The Minister of Winter is there!”

“Yeah!” Marigold exclaimed.
“I’m in!” Jenny shouted.
“Let’s go!” Amber said leading the way.

Misty, Silver, Marigold and the Rainbow Society flew to the Ballroom. It was covered with snow. There were snowballs and snowmen.

Marigold eagerly tossed a snowball to Misty. Misty tried to get her back, but missed.

“I’m more of an ice skater” she said.
“I like skating too” Silver explained. “But I’m not as good as you”
“Do you want me to teach you these moves?” Misty requested.
“Sure!” Silver replied. “But let’s do that later. We still have a snowball fight to finish!”

Sorry this story only has short chapters. It isn't supposed to be the most interesting.

You can read about how Silver's gem finding mission started in my Animal Masquerade Story.

Are you wondering what the evil mermaid group was trying to do and what Iris is hiding? Find out in the Merfairy Sisters. Coming this Spring (April or May).

The next story, the sequel to the Animal Masquerade Story is out now. Click here to read it.

Last edited by tinker406TWO; 02-15-2015 at 09:02 PM.