PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Neverland Narrative

Neverland Narrative Join in and never grow up. RPG Forum

Old Believing Is Only The Beginning

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-30-2018, 06:18 PM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
It's good to see you again, Marionette!

I think we have enough people to at least try continuing? We should be okay if we just try and control the rest of the characters as little as possible and keep to their original personalities. (If I remember, Liri, Night and Lemony were pretty cool with letting other people control their characters a little anyway.)

Thank you Stormy and Alyce!
Old 04-30-2018, 10:06 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_of_Glory View Post
It's good to see you again, Marionette!

I think we have enough people to at least try continuing? We should be okay if we just try and control the rest of the characters as little as possible and keep to their original personalities. (If I remember, Liri, Night and Lemony were pretty cool with letting other people control their characters a little anyway.)

I think that's a good idea. I agree, we have enough people now to try and start this up again.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:28 AM
was dewdroporangepuff
View Marionette's Photo Album
Marionette's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Hollow Parody Award Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: CantWait
Marionette has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I cant wait to restart this RP! I reread most of the RP and there are a few things that I`d like to fix with my characters. I hate the fact that I made all three of my characters related, so I`ll just stick with Alice and Grace being related. I did try to fix up a few of the posts where Caroline mentions being sisters with Grace, but there should be no major plot holes (let me know if there is!).

If you guys don't get what I mean yet, you`ll understand once you read the RP over again
Old 05-02-2018, 05:46 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 

Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
I'm so excited to start this up again! I'll definitely start working on a Tori post.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:08 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I'm currently rereading through the thread, but I'm only on page 4... this might take me a while.

Signature by someone, avatar by Neverbelle ~ Come flit by my Userpage! ~ Switch friend code: SW-0846-5678-6094
Old 05-02-2018, 05:48 PM
Is in my comfy place
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 

Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
I'm really excited too! I would post, but since I was the last one to write a story-related post, I think I'll wait for someone else. I'm also doing a re-read, interested to see the changes you guys have made.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's making a few "adjustments" to my characters. As of right now, I think mine are kind of boring, so I'm trying to think of some interesting character arcs for them.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:29 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
(I wasn't able to see the glitter text names of my OC's so I created a new one for Tori and will be doing the same for Ezra and Galadriel.)

"Alright. I'm ready." I tell Ansell
"Okay. Follow me."

Ansell and I exit my room, walking at a normal, casual yet mildly brisk pace. There are still Gifted and Clann members frantically running around, though the crowd from early has died down a bit. A majority of the Gifted are probably still training while the Clann are getting ready for a possible, upcoming attack. I may have hated this place with a burning passion when I first arrived, and I know I still act like I do, but now I just can't help but worry about the safety of all the people here. I wonder what must be going through Nyna's head right now. Concern for her team and all of the Gifted, with the threat of the king and his army looming in her mind, like a festering storm, just waiting to cover the land with pounding rain. For a moment, I begin to second guess myself and what I'm about to do.

Maybe... maybe I should stay. They might need my help.

I consider that thought for a moment before shaking my head.

No... no. They'll be fine without me. I need to leave. Now. This is something I must do and-

"Tori? What are you doing?" I hear the sound of Ansell's voice as it breaks through my thoughts.
I look at him, puzzled before I realize that I stopped walking and was just standing still in the middle of this hallway.
"Tori..." Ansell says again "Is becoming a statue one of your powers or-"
"It's nothing." I cut him off "I was just thinking. It's nothing you need to worry about. Let's go."
"Don't worry, we're going." He replies as we start walking again "I just need to make a quick stop."
"What?!"
"I need to step into this meeting for a second. It's important. Don't worry, it shouldn't take long."
"It better not." I mutter

A few minutes later we arrive at the room of the meeting. We stop outside of the door and Ansell turns to me.

"Okay. Wait right here and don't go anywhere. The meeting's probably almost over anyway. This shouldn't take long. Once it's over we'll leave. If I can get out before it ends, I will."
"You know, I'm surprised, Ansell. You've been uncharacteristically non-sarcastic this whole time. Do you feel alright?" I ask, faking concern
"I feel as fine as a ferret... and as pretty as a parrot." He says, flipping his short hair the best that he could.
"I think I'm gonna be sick." I reply, dryly
"Well, there's a trashcan over there that you can use. I hope you feel better soon or else you might have to stay here."
"Mmm, that certainly can't happen."
"Well, it could and it might, depending on whether or not you can hold in your lunch. Now, I really must go to that meeting before we get too carried away with ourselves." Ansell turns and walks to the door.
"Have fun!" I say with a fake smile.
"Fun is always nonexistent at these things," Ansell turns back to me "But I'll try my best." He winks at me before opening the door. I make sure to stay out of the way so nobody in the room sees me.
"Hi, guys! Hope you didn't miss me too much." Ansell exclaims as he shuts the door behind him.

I sigh, beginning to look around me. There's nothing interesting about the hallway I'm standing in. No pictures, no fancy wallpaper, dull colors. It looks like a real party.

I really hope that meeting doesn't last long... and that I don't run into anybody while I'm here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
20 minutes later

I'm now laying on my back on the ground, looking at my legs that are up against the wall. So far, I haven't run into any Gifted or Clann agents. Sure, I've seen a few run by down at the end of the hallway, but none came past me. It also seems my theory about most of the Clann agents being in that meeting was correct. Lucky me. However, Ansell still hasn't returned from said meeting. Unlucky me.

He needs to get out soon or else I won't be able to leave at all."

My thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of the door opening and loud voice that belonged to, none other than, Ansell.

"And you tell her that I actually can be silent for more than thirty seconds. She won't believe it, but that doesn't matter. Alright, buh-bye!" Ansell shuts the door behind him. When he turns and his eyes land on me, they widen a bit. "What in the world are you doing?"
"Waiting for you." I answer in a monotone voice.
"Well, I'm obviously done now. So, if you don't mind, would you please get out of the uncomfortable looking position so we can do the thing?"
"Do... the thing?" I repeat him, feigning confusion
"Oh no. Listen, playing dumb is my thing, okay? It can't be yours too."
"Alright, alright." I say, standing up "I mean, I'll still 'play dumb' whenever I want to but for now, since I still want to leave, I'll stop."
"Well, that was easier than I thought." Ansell says under his breath "Alright. Let's move out."

Ansell and I finally make it out of the compound. Or... almost out. We stop at the main doors before actually exiting. Ansell looks around and turns to me.

"Okay, so here's the plan: You and I are going to go out there together. I need you looking like your usual unhappy, pouting self while I explain to the guards that I'm taking you to practice your archery. They'll most likely ask why and I'll just tell them that there are no more targets for you to practice on and that Nyna said I could take you out to practice."
"Are you sure they'll believe that?" I ask him
"If it was coming from anyone else, probably not. But when you throw in my endearing and alluring charm into the mix, then you've got a one-way ticket outta here."
I pause, taking into account all the things he said before responding
"What charm are you speaking of?"

Ansell doesn't reply immediately. Instead, he just looks at me quizzically, almost seeming to study me. Growing uncomfortable, I shift my weight, awaiting his reply. It, thankfully, doesn't take that long for him to speak.

"You enjoy this, don't you?"
I'm taken aback by his question "W-what?"
"You enjoy this little thing we do. You never had someone in your life that could match your sarcasm and wit, right?" He asked, a small smirk just barely apparent on his face.

Now it was my turn to pause before replying. Ansell wasn't wrong. In fact, he couldn't be more right at this moment. I've never had someone like Ansell in my life and I definitely enjoyed our little banter, though I've always tried not to show it. Seems like I've failed at that tonight. Still, I refuse to fully admit that.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I can assure you, I enjoy nothing about what we have. In fact, you annoy me more than anyone I've ever met."
"Uh huh. Sure."
"What now?" I ask, legitimately starting to get annoyed
"I don't believe you."
"Well, I'm not surprised to hear that."
"Your eyes give it away." Ansell states
"No, they don't." I respond
"Yes, they do. Just cause your eyes are a deep, dark shade of blue doesn't mean they can hide any and all emotions. I should know. Not only am I a professional liar but I'm also a professional liar-spotter."
"Well..." I pause once again, unsure about whether or not I want to say what I'm about to say. I take a deep breath, prepared to show a side of me that Ansell has only seen a couple times. "Maybe I just didn't want to hide all of my emotions from you this time." I say to him in a voice that's quieter.

Ansell doesn't respond immediately. He seems to be choosing his words carefully, which might be a first for him. I decide to speak up again.

"You said back in my room that you wanted us to try and be friends."
I don't know where I'm going with this or why the heck I'm even saying it.
"I'm... I'm just trying to honor that,"
Okay... that wasn't so bad.

Ansell takes a few more moments to soak that all in before responding "Well... I appreciate that. And since we're all admitting things now I guess I should say... you surprise me, Tori. I'm beginning to learn you're not all fury and-"
"Judgement." I finish for him.
"Well, I was going to say 'cold-blooded huntress' but yeah, that works too."

We stand in silence, staring at each other for a few seconds before looking away. We both just showed parts of ourselves that we rarely let others see. I know I feel a bit awkward now. I can imagine Ansell feels the same. It seems for a few moments, we forget about what we came here to do.

"Is it too late to escape now?" I ask, suddenly remembering
"Oh! Right. You have to do that whole escaping thing. Of course." Ansell clears his throat. "Let's go. We have to hurry. My incredible charm shuts down at midnight."
"It is midnight." I tell him.
"Don't worry. I can stretch the charm out for a few minutes before sleep-hungry-Ansell kicks in."

We finally walk outside. At first, it doesn't seem like any guards are out.

Maybe they're asleep? Or perhaps back inside with the other Clann members?

The sound of the woods around us becomes almost unsettling, as we continue to walk without being disturbed by guards. I look at Ansell, who has the same confused yet alert expression that I have.

"This isn't right. We should've encountered the guards by now." Ansell says
"Where do you think they are?" I ask
"I don't know..." Ansell trails off.

Suddenly, two Dai Li agents jump down from the trees above us, immediately engaging in a fight with us. Ansell and I quickly defeat them.

"What was that?! Why were there Dai Li agents here?!" I exclaim
"It's part of their first attack on the Clann base." Ansell states. "These two were probably going to try and sneak in through the front doors."
"Where are the others?"

Ansell opened his mouth to answers when, out of the blue, the sounds of yelling and metal hitting metal fill the forest.

"Well... I guess we know where the Dai Li and the guards are now." Ansell says, dryly "All the other Gifted and Clann agents too. At least, those willing to fight."

I look at him and then back to the direction of the fight. I start to consider the only two options I have in this moment.

Either I stay and fight... or I leave and hunt him down.

I stand still, conflicted. For some reason, part of me wants to stay and fight with and for the Clann.

I... I don't know what to do.

I'm so lost in thought that I jump when Ansell puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, sorry. Didn't mean to startle you." He says with his signature grin
"It's fine." Is all I'm able to say.
"You should go." Ansell tells me after a few seconds
I turn to him "What?"
"You should go. No, you need to go."
"B-but the-"
"The Clann and the Gifted will be fine. This isn't the entire Dai Li army, nor is it the Gifted army. The king is saving that for another time. Right now, it's just a small group of Dai Li agents. Something we can handle. You need to go, though. I can tell whatever you've been wanting and needing to do for so long is really important to you. Not just that, but I'd go as far to say it might even be healthy for you. You should go." Ansell says

I look at the path that's before us.

Freedom... revenge... More thoughts run through my head, quick images of my parents and him. I take a deep breath.

I need to do this.

"I'll go." I say to Ansell
Ansell gives me a firm nod "Just go straight down this path, make a right at the heart-shaped tree and you'll be good to go. The nearest town is west of here. It's called Telenoria. You should make it to the town by morning if you don't rest along the way."
"Okay." I pause "Thank you again for doing this. I owe you one."
"Yeah, you do. But don't worry about that. Focus on whatever it is you have to do and... be careful." Ansell says
"I will... try" I reply
"Remember what I said about not going too far? About not crossing that line?" Ansell asks
"I won't forget it." And I mean that
Ansell nods again "Good. Well... I won't hold you up any longer. Goodbye for now, Tori." He says, sticking out his hand
"Goodbye for now, Ansell." I say, shaking his hand.

And with that, we both run off in our respective directions, either of us having our own missions.

Mine... has only just begun.

Author's Note: Wow... that was long. Sorry about that. Also, sorry Ansell was featured so heavily in it. I know we said we'd only control the other characters in a minor way but the situation Tori was in required Ansell and a lot of him. Now that Tori has escaped, posts about her won't feature any other characters at all, for the most part. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this (it's been a while since I've written that lol). If Night Wish was active I would ask her if she was okay with how I wrote Ansell (it has been like 3 years since I've written dialogue for any of these characters. But like, Night if you come back on and see this, are you okay with all that I wrote?). I hope I balanced his sarcasm and his humanity well. Same with Tori. I'm pretty sure this Tori chapter is a bit different than any other Tori post I've written but I like to think that's because I've matured as a writer. There are no OOC moments, no cringy dialogue (hopefully) and Tori shouldn't come across as annoying as she used to be in the other chapters. So yeah. It felt good to write another RP post after so long. I hope to write more.

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 05-04-2018 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:46 AM
Is in my comfy place
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Great post, Alexa! Thanks for getting us started again. Don't worry, I think the way you handled both Tori and Ansell was great.

My glitter text have disappeared too. I think the site refreshes every couple years or something, because I remember it's happened before...

I thought I'd make a sort of recap of the events from where we left off, since it's been 3 years and all. I also added a bunch of new stuff, and tried to sync up the events of everyone's posts. There are some small inconsistencies, due to me trying to put together about five different people's writing styles.
As a result, my post will also be pretty long, so I apologize in advance.

This takes place during the sleepover party, before Jackal infiltrates the Clann...

My village of Davinia had been small and sparsely populated, and I'd never seen so many people in such a festive atmosphere before. Balloons, streamers, banners, and other decorations are everywhere. A long table with refreshments lines one wall. I saw people mingling, talking and laughing, and some kids our age and younger playing all sorts of games.

Most amazingly of all, I saw many Gifts being used on full display. As I watched, one girl - who must have the power over Weather - let loose a gorgeous rainbow that arcs across the room. Another seemed to be using her telekinetic powers to knock down a piñata that's hanging from the ceiling. A group of people hovered a foot off the ground as they chatted with one another.
Haven, Joy and I talked and laughed all evening, meeting agents, Gifted, and many others. The Clann really did treat one another like one huge, boisterous family. I helped myself to a generous serving of chocolate cake, smiling at the sight of Haven trying to create a rainbow and Joy turning herself invisible so that it looked like her cake was floating in midair.
"Come on," Joy tugged us forward. "Cadence promised to tell the story of how she met Nyna tonight!"
I perked up, feeling intrigued. Cadence had been kind to me, as she'd been to all the Gifted, but I didn't really know her very well. Here was my chance to find out more about her, as well as the Clann and the relationships all these people had with each other.

Cadence looked around at the small group drawing closer, seeming pleasantly surprised by the size of her audience. Of course, not everyone was interested in her story - Tori, for one, was notably absent. I felt a pang of relief that she wasn't present, since I could just imagine what kind of snarky comments she would interject in the middle of this.
Joy was, of course, the first one ready to listen, eyes intently focused on Cadence, who took a deep breath and began.

"This all happened about ten or so years ago, so I was eight-ish. My mother and I were living in one of the outer territories of Alagaesia; in Kamar. Back then, some of the rules tight-fisted Adonis passed were lightly ignored by the people in Kamar, since the king's guards and lords over our areas were more lenient and flexible. One of these rules was the ones about the "evil" Gifted--although everyone knew that their powers could be uncontrollable and potentially dangerous, many of us didn't believe they were inherently "evil". But I'll get into that more later.

"My mom and I didn't have much, but we worked with what we had. One day, I was out getting water with my mom from the stream so we could make dinner. The stream's waters were high from the snowmelt, but we did need the water. We tried to be as careful as we could, trying to keep ourselves as far away from the edge as we could, when the ground gave way under our feet. Before I knew it, I was surrounded by freezing cold, raging water.
"I tried to swim towards the surface, but the current was strong, and I could barely get a breath in before I was tugged under again. I didn't know where I was, but I knew right where I was going--straight for the rapids downstream from our home. The rapids were easy to navigate around in good summer weather, but with the raging waters from the snowmelt...

"Quickly, I tried to cry out for help between breaths, but the freezing water had sapped my energy. I wasn't sure if anyone could even hear me over the sound of the crashing water. On one swim up, I tried to grab hold of a passing plant's roots, but the ground was so unstable I ended up pulling the whole plant down with me. I thought I was doomed.
"But suddenly, I felt myself being jerked to a stop. The water continued to rage around me, but I could feel myself slowly being pulled upwards. Coughing and sputtering as I broke the surface, I glanced up to see that the person helping me wasn't holding onto me at all, but pulling me up by some invisible force--while she was levitating off the ground!"

"Was it Nyna?" Joy asked excitedly.
Cadence grinned. "It was Nyna," she confirmed. "She had heard my mom's cries, and pulled us out. At the time, she was still a teenager on the run, and she had chosen Kamar to hide out since the king's guards were scarce in our area. She didn't tell us she was Gifted--she didn't have to. We offered her a place to stay--Gifted or no, she was tired and looked like she needed a good meal--but she quickly refused, sending us on our way. Later that evening, I tried to bring her some of our dinner, but she had disappeared. The next time I saw her was when I was trying to earn a spot here at the Clann."
She winked at the crowd.
"But that's a story for another time."

I sat there, feeling entranced by the story, trying to imagine a young Cadence being pulled out of the icy river by a girl with mysterious powers who had vanished without a trace. No wonder she'd felt compelled to join the Clann, to meet and help countless others with their strange, miraculous Gifts.

"Hey! Are you new here? It's nice to meet you!" I heard a voice call out, startling me.
"Welcome to the Clann!" Another yelled excitedly.
I looked up to try to find the source of the commotion, and saw that Talia, Ezra and Hanna had returned. Ah, must be the new Gifted that they had brought with them.
At my side, Joy had gone rigid, her eyes fixed on one of the Gifted girls. I realized that the girl she was looking at looked exactly like her, only with long blonde hair instead of short.
"Joy!" the girl crieed out, pushing through the crowd to reach us.
I smiled as the two sisters embraced, reunited at last. But before we could celebrate, a piercing screech echoed across the room, making everyone stop cold in their tracks. The sound was loud and echoing, seeming to come from everywhere at once. I covered my ears.
Just as suddenly as it had come, it quieted down, and the ringing silence left behind seemed louder than the noise itself.
A woman with long dark hair, wearing an emerald green dress, shot to her feet. "The alarm!"
"Someone has infiltrated us!" One of the younger agents gasped.
"But how?" Somebody else exclaimed.
"However they did it, we have to spread out. We'll search the whole building from top to bottom. Whoever it is, we have to find them," Nyna declared.
I felt a shiver of shock go through my body. An... infiltrator? Here? At the Clann, the one place that we were supposed to be safe, a refuge for Gifted from all over the world? How had someone managed it?
And what did they want?

(Insert scene here where Tori comes face to face with the infiltrator. )

As soon as we'd determined that the intruder had escaped and that no Gifted or agents had been hurt, the Elders and Nyna called an emergency meeting for most of the Clann's agents. Talia and Ezra had allowed me to attend as a member of their team, despite only being an agent in training. Ren Walker was also present, looking uncomfortable.
Nearly everyone from the Clann had been squeezed into this meeting room. The agents not present had either been sent on patrol or were guarding the Gifted living quarters. I thought longingly of Cadence's sleepover. Guess that's been ruined now, I thought with a pang of disappointment. We all could have used such an occasion to relax and enjoy a shred of normalcy, but it looked like King Adonis had no intention of giving us such a break.

"What happened tonight is going to change everything," Nyna started off the meeting with that grim declaration. "We can no longer stay on the defensive, hiding out from the King's forces. We have to prepare to fight. And to do that, we have to know as much about our enemy as we possibly can."
Talia spoke up. "Ren has brought to our attention that tonight, the King has sent out his topmost agent against us. Someone known as the Kil'tze."
"Kil'tze?" A Clann agent repeated. "I've never even heard of that."
There were murmurs of agreement around the table.

"Very few have, even at the Dai Li," Ren hesitated. Despite myself, I felt a pang of sympathy for her. This must have been a secret that she had guarded carefully for who knows how many years, and now we expected her to spill it in front of this huge gathering of her former enemies. Still, I leaned forward in my seat. This felt like it could be information that would alter the course of this entire war.
"Ren?" Talia prompted. "Who is this 'Kil'tze?"
"What makes him so different from the rest of the Dai Li?" Ezra asked.
Ren shifted uncomfortably, her expression guarded. A few of the Clann members at the table shot her suspicious glares, as if they suspect that she might still have loyalties toward the Dai Li.

It may have been naive of me, but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. "We're sorry to put you on the spot like this," I said, trying to convey my genuine sympathy. "I know how difficult it must be, but... Any bit of information could be make a difference."
"Think about Finn," Talia reminded her gently. "And countless other children like him... If the Dai Li take over, imagine what could happen?"

Ren sighed, blowing her bangs away from her face, and bowed her head. She took a deep breath and looked up, meeting Talia’s gaze, seeming to come to a decision. Talia gave a small smile of encouragement, and Ren turned to meet Nyna’s warm brown eyes.

“Alright. The Kil’tse are the King’s top secret, highly trained, elite group of agents. No one except the King and the Kil’tse agents themselves know about this group. They are much more talented than ordinary Dai Li agents, and are more… ruthless.” she began.
“Wait, you said no one knows about them except the King. How do you know so much about them?” Elder Pierce asked suspiciously.
Ren shifted uncomfortably and looked down, “Um… Because I’m- because I was one of them.” she said at last, meeting his eyes. “Look, you all know my history with the Dai Li, but that was the past. If you want to hate me, fine. But it looks like you need the information I have to offer, the information I wouldn’t have had if I had never been Kil’tse. So yes, I was part of the King’s top secret group of elite agents, but that was the past. Now do you want me to continue telling you the King’s secrets or not?” Ren challenged, looking around the room defiantly. Talia offered her a smile, and Nyna looked on approvingly. Slowly the others in the room begin to nod and look at me with slightly more respect. Ren's gaze landed last on Elder Pierce, and even he seemed to begrudgingly accept that she had a point.
“Very well, continue.” He gave in.

“Thank you. Now, there are - were - three Kil’tse agents. Me, Galadriel, and a man named Jackal. Now, only Galadriel and Jackal remain. Now, Jackal was the original Kil’tse agent. The King’s best, most ruthless agent. Eventually, Galadriel and I were deemed talented enough to be trained by Jackal. We went through intense training at his hands, and the goal was to make us even more talented and even more ruthless than we were before. Eventually, he decided he had taught us everything he knew. So the King made Galadriel and I Kil’tse agents as well. The three of us did his dirty work, the stuff that needed to be kept a secret, or needed to be handled delicately. We are all fairly equal in talent, however Jackal will always have more experience than Galadriel and I. Jackal is who infiltrated the Clann. He is the only person who could have done it so perfectly. He likely set off the alarm on purpose out of boredom. Who knows what all he found out about the Clann, but expect that it could be a lot now. He for sure knows the exact location of the Clann hideout, so count on the King to strike anytime now.” Ren warned us.

Before anyone could respond to this, the door swung open and Ansell Vaile sauntered in, looking like he didn't have a care in the world. "Hi, guys! Hope you didn't miss me too much." He flashed a grin at all the faces that had turned at the sound of his arrival.
If looks could kill, the glare Elder Pierce shot his way would've made Ansell drop dead on the spot.
I hid a smile. Trust Ansell to break up a tense moment, with his impeccably terrible timing and devil-may-care attitude.

"Nice of you to finally show up," Talia said dryly.
"Hey, this time it really isn't my fault. I was dragged into a dark, secluded janitor's closet against my will!" Ansell insisted. "Don't be too hard on the girl who did it, though. No doubt she just found me too irresistible."
Everyone flashed him dubious looks, even me.
"I'm serious! Just ask Roger if you don't believe me." Seeing everyone's blank stares, he clarified, "The janitor?"
"His name is Rob - " Nyna sighed. "Never mind. Just take a seat."

Talia quietly briefed Ansell on what had been discussed before his interruption. Strangely enough, I saw several quick but meaningful glances pass between him and Ren. Were they communicating with each other? I was surprised to see them getting along so well.

Fortunately, Ansell's loud arrival had managed to diffuse some of the tension in the room that had settle like a thick, cloying fog after Ren revealed the truth of the King's top agent. The idea of a man so skilled he could make his way past all the agents, all the Gifted, and all of Cadence's clever traps and alarms, was terrifying to all of us. Especially given how little time had elapsed between him finding out the location of the Clann and being able to successfully infiltrate it.

Ezra echoed my troubled thoughts when he spoke up. "The Dai Li have only know about our headquarters in Mallorea for less than a day. That's why they let Sierra and Hope escape, isn't it? You're telling us that this man, Jackal, was able to follow them here undetected and instantly figure out a way to infiltrate us?"
Ren nodded grimly, sending a shiver down my spine. "He's managed to gather information on many of the King's most powerful enemies in the past. Jackal was one of the King's greatest assets in his rise to power and conquest of most of Alagaesia."
"What could he have possibly wanted? If all he needed was the location of the Clann, he's have already gathered that from following our team when we rescued Sierra and Hope. Why infiltrate us, then let us know he's been here?" I asked.

Nyna and the Elders exchanged glances. "We do have the most exhaustive collection of information on the Gifted in all of Alagaesia," Elder Jocelyn said.
"We've been keeping careful track of all the know powers, potential side effects and limitations, the best ways to control and utilize each Gift to its full potential, the effect of different emotions such as anger, sadness, and guilt on the Gifts..." Uncle Solon continued in a grave voice. "It's a careful record that we have maintained ever since Nyna's powers were first discovered. There's still so much we do not know about the Gifted, and we wanted to be as informed as we possibly could so we can train and teach each of our Gifted to harness their power."
"In other words," Nyna said grimly. "Information that could also be utilized to train a highly effective army... As Sierra and Hope have confirmed to us, the King has many such plans for the Gifted he's captured."

After we all took a moment to process this latest bit of foreboding implication, conversation shifted towards plans of attack, defensive strategies and anticipation of what the King may be planning, now that he knew exactly where we were hiding out.

After about 20 minutes, there was a furious pounding at the back door, the sound wild and panicked. We all exchange surprised looks. That door was only to be used in the case of an emergency or something truly urgent, by those who didn't typically attend Council meetings.
"Who is it?" Nyna called out.
Haven bursts into the room, out of breath and panting. "The Dai Li - they're - coming! They'll be here within the hour."
"Already?" Talia jumped to her feet.
Wasting no time, Cadence immediately walked over to a switch on the wall and pulls it. Instantly, the loud wail of the alarm system rings out across the entire Clann HQ.

"How could they have gotten together their forces so quickly?" I asked aloud to no one in particular.
"They're not sending out their entire army. Not yet," Ansell replied, all traces of his usual teasing gone. "First, they'll send out a mildly large team of agents for a preliminary attack. It's to - "
" - Give us a taste of just what they are capable of," Ren finished for him. "The team can mobilize incredibly quickly. The purpose of this attack is to instill fear."
The two of them share a look of understanding, born from both being familiar with the ways of the Dai Li.
"But the thing about the Dai Li is," Ansell added. "They expect us to be weak, unable to put up a fight worth their while."
A fierce look crosses Elder Pierce's voice. "Then we shall show them just how wrong they are."
Looking around, it seemed we were all in perfect agreement.

The room then became a flurry of activity, with every team being sent to their own battle locations and assigned a group of Gifted to guard. Ansell excused himself, saying that the girl who'd dragged him into the supply closet was eagerly awaiting his return. Talia didn't look like she believed him, but before she could inquire as to what he was really up to, Nyna called out instructions to her.
“Talia, gather the Gifted with Cadence. Meet us in the gathering room for instructions.”
“Yes ma’m.” Talia replied, then turned to us. “Ezra, you are in charge of the team, Hanna stay with the team too.” She added before running down the halls with Haven by her side.

Ezra quickly divided us into teams. We were to wake all the Gifted and get them to gather in the main hall to get organized. The children who were too young to fight were taken to a designated safe location, with a secret underground passageway out of Clann headquarters in case things went badly. Anyone who weren't able to or simply didn't want to fight would be taken to join them.

“Please, sit down everyone.” Nyna said from the stage, once we had all gathered in the meeting hall, where earlier that week she had welcomed Haven, Tori, Stacia and Joy to the Clann. How circumstances had changed since the last time we'd all gathered here. “I know you are all confused and frightened, but I need you all to be brave right now, ok?” She continues once everyone was seated. “Now, the King has sent his agents here tonight. They will be here soon.” She paused to let that sink in. “I need Gifted who are willing to fight. I will not force any of you to fight, but we will not prevail unless we are able to work together.”

“You all know that in order to control your abilities, you must learn to believe in yourself. It all starts with that... And everything else develops after. And you'll be amazed, and shocked, and sometimes terrified at what you can do, what heights you can go to with your power. Well, in order to work together and defeat the Dai Li, in order to protect our home and ourselves, we must learn to believe in each other and what we can achieve together. It all starts with belief... but believing is only the beginning." Nyna continued, looking at each person gathered here in turn. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Talia give her an encouraging nod.

“I will not make you fight unless you wish to. It will be dangerous, and I will not ask you to risk your lives unwillingly. But, know that the Clann needs warriors. I cannot protect everyone on my own. I am asking for your help.” She finished.

“I will fight!” Someone called out, and another agreed. Soon Gifted and nonGifted alike were standing up and vowing to fight for the Clann.
“Together, we are strong!” Nyna called out, and everyone cheered.

(Okay! Hopefully that gave everyone a sense of where we are. I'll post for Ivan soon. The bad guys have been so neglected since first Ren and Ansell, then Sierra and Hope ditched them... Poor Team Evil!
Also, I just realized something... What is Prince Nikko doing during all of this?)

Old 05-04-2018, 11:23 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Great post, Glory! I think you synced everything up perfectly!

Hmm... maybe some of the Clann members took Nikko and the others through the underground passageway to the safe location you mentioned in your post? I feel like the Dai Li would probably recognize him if he stayed to fight.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:11 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 

popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Both of your posts were great!! I’m still trying to catch up, so it might be a while before I post. I’m excited to be a part of what happens next, though!

Signature by someone, avatar by Neverbelle ~ Come flit by my Userpage! ~ Switch friend code: SW-0846-5678-6094
Old 06-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Is in my comfy place
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thanks, Popcorn! Hope you're enjoying the re-read.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:06 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn1234 View Post
Both of your posts were great!! I’m still trying to catch up, so it might be a while before I post. I’m excited to be a part of what happens next, though!
Thank you, Popcorn! I hope you're enjoying the reread as well!
Old 09-03-2018, 11:45 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Thread bump.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:57 PM
Hanging out in Estoriana
View Liri Dazzlebeam's Photo Album
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 16

My Mood: Adventurous
Liri Dazzlebeam is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Oh my word! Everyone, I am so sorry I was gone for so long! I did check on PHF every once in a while, but for some reason I didn't see that there were new posts! They usually show up obviously, but for some reason I never saw them! I am not sure why, but I feel bad because I thought that no one was still here, but really you guys were all wondering where I was!

I would absolutely love to try to revive this RP or even start a new one if you all want to do so!

I am back now that I know that you guys are here!!!

I missed RPing and all you guys so much!
Old 09-23-2018, 01:59 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Liri! Welcome back!!