PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Pixie Screenshots

Pixie Screenshots Screenshots and snippets from in-game.

Old Screenshot Image Guide

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:25 AM
Pirate Fairy
View Zepperia's Photo Album
Zepperia's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Grumpyy
Zepperia has chosen their Fairy magic
Lightbulb Screenshot Image Guide

Screenshot and Image posting guide
Note: This is a PC Friendly Guide, I am not familiar with Macs.
If a Mac user would like to post a mac related guide, that would be great. Posting options should be similar.

[OVERVIEW]
The process for taking a screenshot in Pixie Hollow is actually very simple.
How you save and modify the screenshot is where things generally start to get complicated.
This guide was written to help make the whole process understandable.

[REQUIREMENTS]
Operational Pixie Hollow game.
Basic computer skills, copy/cut/paste, etc.

[TERMINOLOGY]
Pixie - Pixie Hollow game.
PHF - Pixie Hollow Forums (This Site)
screenshot - An image/picture that the displays a moment of the players game screen.
JPG - The preferred file/format type for images/pictures, especially to be posted.
PNG - Newer image file/format type that has more robust features (like transparency).
URL - The specific web address that points to an image, or other document on the internet.
[TAKING SCREENSHOTS]
To take a screenshot in Pixie, making sure your Pixie Hollow game is the active application, simply press Alt+Printscreen.
This will put a copy of your browser image into the Windows Clipboard (memory).
Open your favorite graphic/image application, however we will use MSPaint in this guide for consistency.
In MSPaint (under Start > Programs > Accessories ), click "Edit" then "Paste", and the clipboard image will be pasted into MSPaint (or other application). You can then modify the image however you wish before saving it to a file.
It is recommended that you save your image in either JPG or PNG formats.
Congratulations! You now have a screenshot!
[HOSTING SCREENSHOTS]
There are 2 different approachs to hosting your images/screenshots for posting in the forums here at PHF. Your account status may limit or vary availability of some options. The following are the 2 most common (if not only) means of hosting images for display in your forum posts.
1. Gallery - You can attach an image to any post using PHFs image gallery (note images may be required to wait for approval). You may have a limited amount of space alotted to your account for submissions to the "gallery".
  1. Before you begin your post, click "Gallery" button at top of PHF site.
  2. Click "Upload" link in the middle of the screen above the alphabetical search links.
  3. Click the Browse button and select each image/screenshot you wish to upload.
  4. The category box should default to "No one", change it to a more appropriate gallery topic such as "Fairy Pictures".
  5. Type in a title to your image in the Title field, and a description for your image/screen in the Description box.
  6. Click Upload.
  7. Once uploaded, your image will require approval by administration. Check back for your image before proceeding. (You will get a message informing you of this).
  8. On the Alphabetical search bar/links click on the letter your membername starts with, and locate your image, and click on it to view.
  9. If your image/screen was fairly large, you will see a reduced size version of it. To use a full size, click the image once again.
  10. If using the reduced image size, you can copy the first box of code below the image, this will even add your [img] tags! Otherwise while viewing the full size image, you should be able to copy the 'url' from the address bar of your internet browser.
2. External Hosting - You can upload your pictures to an external host.
The process for uploading and using files may vary from host to host. Generally the idea would be to get the "URL" or web address to the hosted image (once uploaded to the approved host) so you can insert it into BBCode [shot] or [img] tags. See [POSTING SCREENSHOTS].
[POSTING SCREENSHOTS]

This guide will review 2 methods of posting an image/screenshot in a forum post here at PHF. Each method requires some information, usually the "URL" or web address to the image/screenshot to be displayed. See [HOSTING SCREENSHOTS].
Posting your screenshots on PHF
Large images (like screenshots) should use the [shot] tag. This will display a smaller version of your image which can be clicked to view the full size.
Smaller images would likely be best using the [img] tag.

Using [shot] tag:
------------------------
If the "URL" of the image is http://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/photoplog/images/2089/2_pixie-hollow-screenshot.jpg
Then once in [shot] tags like this: [shot]http://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/photoplog/images/2089/2_pixie-hollow-screenshot.jpg[/shot]

It will display in forum post like this:
Click the image to view the full version
Using [img] tag:
-----------------------
If the "URL" of the image is http://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/photoplog/images/2089/2_pixie-hollow-screenshot.jpg
Then once in [img] tags like this: [img]http://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/photoplog/images/2089/2_pixie-hollow-screenshot.jpg[/img]

It will display in forum post like this:

*More editing options to be added later... But the above should get most started!!!

Zepperia aka OFxZeppers
[ DOW Mod - POF Super - VMKF Mini - COF Mini ]

Last edited by Jezzi; 02-05-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: removed approved hosting link/not needed
Old 10-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Heart screen shots?

you say here to hit alt & print screen to take a picture? I always hit Control & print sceen and it always works for me. Maybe you could either?

Last edited by Jezzi; 10-24-2010 at 10:44 PM. Reason: removed large quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Moo xD
View EmeraldTheFairy's Photo Album
EmeraldTheFairy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Design a Potion Participation's Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Pwness
EmeraldTheFairy has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Thx! This helps alot!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:16 AM
Is Back For a Few Days :)
View vetcat1234's Photo Album
vetcat1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick Day 2016 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Graphic Trio Award 
Total Awards: 60

My Mood: Sugar-Rush
vetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
hmm, i dont know why but my computer wont let take a screen shot.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:29 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetcat1234 View Post
hmm, i dont know why but my computer wont let take a screen shot.
Most likely it's because you have a different computer. For example, I have a laptop, and I have to press Fn+PrtSc keys instead. What kind of keyboard do you have??
Old 05-24-2011, 11:38 PM
vetcat1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick Day 2016 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Graphic Trio Award 

vetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
Most likely it's because you have a different computer. For example, I have a laptop, and I have to press Fn+PrtSc keys instead. What kind of keyboard do you have??
not sure... i do have a Sony laptop so.. i dont know if that will help you any. sorry. i tryed FN+PrtSc, Alt+PrtSc and Ctrl+PrtSc and nothing happened. i even tryed Esc+Sc but that didnt work

Old 05-25-2011, 01:04 AM
playing DI on Xbox One
View Littlebell's Photo Album
Littlebell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Creative
Littlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Computer from a Mac user... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepperia View Post
If a Mac user would like to post a mac related guide, that would be great.
here's the defaults for Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard).

Click the image to view the full version

if you do the highlighted one (command-shift-4) and then press the space bar, the cursor turns into a camera and you can take a snapshot of just a single window.

i normally use Safari and have my window size set just barely big enough to not have scroll bars, which is about 996x827.

hope this is useful.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 

My Mood: Gaming
Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
Quote:
not sure... i do have a Sony laptop so.. i dont know if that will help you any. sorry. i tryed FN+PrtSc, Alt+PrtSc and Ctrl+PrtSc and nothing happened. i even tryed Esc+Sc but that didnt work
if you are on Windows 7 you could try the snipping tool. should be located where your start button is.

Last edited by Sapphire Sweetfeather; 07-01-2011 at 05:15 AM. Reason: reduce quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:46 AM
vetcat1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw View Post
if you are on Windows 7 you could try the snipping tool. should be located where your start button is.
i dont have a Windows 7 i just have a plain old windows.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:50 AM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 

My Mood: Gaming
Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
Quote:
i dont have a Windows 7 i just have a plain old windows.
be sure that after you pressed the buttons to print the screen that you make sure as to paste the picture in paint. if you have already tried pasting the picture in paint after pressing PrtSc and all those other buttons then i don't know how else to help..

Old 05-25-2011, 02:21 AM
vetcat1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw View Post
be sure that after you pressed the buttons to print the screen that you make sure as to paste the picture in paint. if you have already tried pasting the picture in paint after pressing PrtSc and all those other buttons then i don't know how else to help..
in paint?

Last edited by Sapphire Sweetfeather; 07-01-2011 at 05:16 AM. Reason: reduce quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:34 AM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
I have a laptop, and Ctrl+Prtsc always works for me!
-Iris
Old 05-25-2011, 05:11 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
OK vetcat, what you do is....

1. Press Fn+PrtSc

2. Open up the program Paint (it's that default computer program that you can draw on)

3. Press Ctrl+V Voila! The screenshot should now appear! (if it doesn't show up, try some other buttons in Step 1)

4. If you want to, cut it up and crop it to your liking using Paint.

5. Press Ctrl+S, name it and save it on your computer wherever you choose!

Does that make sense now?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:41 PM
vetcat1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
OK vetcat, what you do is....

1. Press Fn+PrtSc

2. Open up the program Paint (it's that default computer program that you can draw on)

3. Press Ctrl+V Voila! The screenshot should now appear! (if it doesn't show up, try some other buttons in Step 1)

4. If you want to, cut it up and crop it to your liking using Paint.

5. Press Ctrl+S, name it and save it on your computer wherever you choose!

Does that make sense now?
ill try it and get back to ya.

Siggies take some getting used to!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Phenomenal
View theatercandy's Photo Album
theatercandy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Summer 2016 Award Summer 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Crossword Winner's Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 54

My Mood: Adventurous
theatercandy has made Fairy Mary's A listtheatercandy has made Fairy Mary's A listtheatercandy has made Fairy Mary's A listtheatercandy has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
thx!I needed it.