PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion

Fairies General Discussion General Pixie Hollow/Fairies Gaming Discussions which do not fit anywhere else.

Old Suspicious..?!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:37 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Suspicious..?!

So I thought I'd give you guys some info i've collected.
So according to this site: http://cqcounter.com/site/pixiehollow.com.html
It was last updated on May 14th, 2014 (and ended this year)
Why was it updated? Are they working on it or was it one last check up?

Also in another thread someone stated they got a Disney app and got a password recovery and there Disney accounts for PH where still there when Disney said they where deleting them.

I looked a Disney Create FAQs and I think I found the answer??
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY D-NAME?
Your D-name will continue to be attached to your Disney Account. You will be able to use this account to login to Disney.com

ALSO I FOUND THE SAME THING THAT WAS IN PH FAQs (in case it's important):
The Walt Disney Company is committed to offering high-quality, entertaining digital play experiences that foster creativity and encourage kids to express their imagination and individuality. At this time, we are shifting our development focus towards mobile friendly play offerings such as our growing selection of Disney mobile apps.

THERE IS ALSO these three sites:
http://a.dolimg.com/pixiehollow/game/ where you could attempt a login but it doesn't load the actual game, I think but it's worth a try http://a.dolimg.com/pixiehollow/game/pixie-pages/ that has the pixie pages which loads before taking you to the new site and this one
http://a.dolimg.com/pixiehollow/game/live.html that refuses to load all together.

Thats all I could find that was left I guess
But I hope this helps in some way for you guys!

Also my browsers bar thing on the top is the PH website..

IMPORTANT EDIT:
I saw this video about MMOs it really makes you think about these recently closed games!
It states that MMOs are moving forward to mobile or that players would come back if there was a free-to-play version.
Like VMK did, so maybe these ones will to?

Last edited by Silver LightflowerPH; 10-01-2015 at 10:27 PM. Reason: removed link containing inappropriate content
Old 10-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Visit the DOW wiki at www.disneysonlineworlds.com!
View Mommy 2 Jules's Photo Album
Mommy 2 Jules's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Extra Life 2014 Award Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 188

My Mood: DowObsessed
Mommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond repute
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver LightflowerPH View Post
It was last updated on May 14th, 2014 (and ended this year)
Why was it updated? Are they working on it or was it one last check up?
The DNS needed to be renewed is all. Every site needs to do this once a year. (Basically you have to pay to retain the site name/location -- that is the simplest way for me to explain it.) This ensures that Disney retains the name so no one else can use it.

Hope that helped and sorry to burst any bubbles.

~ Em

Thank you, Coconut Tulippetal for the lovely profile pic and siggy! | Site Rules | The DOW Wiki | Mods & Admins | PM Me
Old 10-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Is it okay if I try to break down your post, Silver? It’s a lot of information, and I’d like to analyze it in bits and pieces. Sorry in advance, since this runs long!
Quote:
Also in another thread someone stated they got a Disney app and got a password recovery and there Disney accounts for PH where still there when Disney said they where deleting them.

I looked a Disney Create FAQs and I think I found the answer??
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY D-NAME?
Your D-name will continue to be attached to your Disney Account. You will be able to use this account to login to Disney.com
Did Disney ever say they were deleting our accounts? On the FAQ, they mentioned that "Pixie Hollow accounts have now been automatically closed, and can no longer be accessed"--but I never thought that meant "deleted".
I have no idea why they said that you can use your Disney account to login to Disney.com, since there is no longer a place where you can log in. (Unless you go to a site that requires logging in, like the Star Wars website.)
Quote:
ALSO I FOUND THE SAME THING THAT WAS IN PH FAQs (in case it's important):
The Walt Disney Company is committed to offering high-quality, entertaining digital play experiences that foster creativity and encourage kids to express their imagination and individuality. At this time, we are shifting our development focus towards mobile friendly play offerings such as our growing selection of Disney mobile apps.
Where did you find this? Was it on the Disney Create page to show that they were "shifting development focus" away from Create and towards apps?
Quote:
THERE IS ALSO these three sites:
http://a.dolimg.com/pixiehollow/game/ where you could attempt a login but it doesn't load the actual game, I think but it's worth a try http://a.dolimg.com/pixiehollow/game/pixie-pages/ that has the pixie pages which loads before taking you to the new site and this one
http://a.dolimg.com/pixiehollow/game/live.html that refuses to load all together.
Thanks for reposting the three big links! Something I find cool about them is that if you right-click and select "View Page Source", you can see all the source code of the page you were viewing. What I used to love to do last year was to pick out and find in the source code redirects to images from the Pixie Hollow homepage that are still around.
For instance, the link to the popup manager you see on the page: http://cdn.dolimg.com/franchise/fair...up/manager.png

Click the image to view the full version

This link here is the link to the block of code for the actual Pixie Hollow World webpage. From here, it connects to different links that help pull together how the webpage should look, which links you get redirected to when you click specific buttons, etc. I've put some more images I found on the general page under a spoiler tab.
Spoiler for Images Found:
The Pixie Hollow logo: http://cdn.dolimg.com/franchise/fair...ollow_logo.png

Something called an "end card", which actually looks like it was used for the video player on the Pixie Hollow World portion of the website: http://cdn.dolimg.com/franchise/fair...d/end_card.jpg

An image of a fairy that coordinates with that "end card": http://cdn.dolimg.com/franchise/fair...ottomright.png

And an image of some flowers that went to the left of the "end card" (not very interesting, but even small things like that are still saved): http://cdn.dolimg.com/franchise/fair...bottomleft.png

Something called a "random promo", which I'm guessing usually displayed things like Memberships/Pixie Diamonds or sales, but in this case, displayed info on the Closing: http://cdn.dolimg.com/franchise/fair...andomPromo.png

These next images coordinate to specific links on the website (some to the Never News, some to memberships, etc.) and yet I don't remember seeing all of them... First is an unused image of Fawn at the Fairy Feast that coordinates with the Never News (for some odd reason--it's showed up with this image whether you look it up in November or June, so it's completely arbitrary): http://cdn.dolimg.com/franchise/fair...ehollow_03.jpg

An image of Tink for Pixie Central: http://cdn.dolimg.com/franchise/fair...ehollow_05.jpg

An image of the Pixie Dust Tree to describe the Closing: http://cdn.dolimg.com/franchise/fair...low_07_NEW.jpg

...And what used to be that image before the Closing was announced (aka, Memberships & Diamonds): http://cdn.dolimg.com/franchise/fair...ehollow_07.jpg

An image coordinated with Parents: http://cdn.dolimg.com/franchise/fair...ehollow_09.jpg

And finally, a picture of Queen Clarion to coordinate with the Help page: http://cdn.dolimg.com/franchise/fair...ehollow_11.jpg

There's also code so you can see things like the old character pages. I just searched on Google for "cdn dolimg tabby" and, upon clicking the first link and seeing it's source, I found images and descriptions for Tabby's page, like how she looked and the backround on her Character Page, or even her character description (Spoiler Tab below). It's really interesting!
Spoiler for Tabby's Image and Description - Edited slightly for best viewing on PHF:
Click the image to view the full version

She has a flair for storytelling, whether it's about the to-fly-for raven feather cap that the sewing-talents are creating, or the newest Arrival in the Hollow.
Tabby delivers news with style in her weekly column in the Pixie Postings, “Tabby’s Tell-All." She’s easily excitable, but always ready to listen with a patient ear and a caring heart.
Nickname: None
Talent: Storytelling-talent
Best Friend: Schelly, Sweet Pea
Favorite Flower: Lily
Crazy About: Stories from the mainland
Pet Peeve: NOT knowing what's going on, sad endings
Fashion Style: Pretty and professional
Personality Traits: Curious, ambitious, outgoing, talkative
Known for: Nibbling the end of her writing quill
Lives in: A Mosswall Cottage in Springtime Orchard
Animal Pals: Hummingbirds
Favorite Treat: Buttercup nectar
Fun Fact: Dreams of one day telling stories at Fairy Tale Theater!
Notable Quote: "So what's the scoop?"

I also found this surprising piece of code on Google: it's the code for the last Pixie Posting on Pixie Hollow--not the last Never News, the last Pixie Posting. This is the only piece from inside the actual game I've ever found; I don't know how it found it's way onto Google.
Quote:
It states that MMOs are moving forward to mobile or that players would come back if there was a free-to-play version.
Like VMK did, so maybe these ones will to?
"Like VMK did"... have a free-to-play version? I'm not sure if I get that.
I've seen other videos on the topic, talking about how it's hard to get people to pay for MMOs when it's either expensive memberships or nothing. It makes the whole game hang off of the spending of a few people. A solution the video offered was small payments for part of an experience, like in-app purchases--in other words, Pixie Diamonds for Pixie Hollow. Although I think we can all guess how great that worked out for us.

To bring up something slightly related, Jesse Shell did a Q and A with Toontown Rewritten fans, talking about the original Toontown. One of the questions brought up was Jesse working with Disney to possibly gain the rights to the game--I included his response in the Spoiler Tab below since he talks about how he and Disney are working together to find the best way to bring the game back. (It's also a bit relevant to us since he did mention in a tweet in one of the other threads that Toontown was a bit farther along in negotiations with Disney, but he would love to have all of the online worlds come back).
Spoiler for ToonFest Video - Jesse Schell Talks TTO:
Skip ahead to the 3:53 mark to see relevant information!

And so concludes my really, really long post! Cookies if you made it all the way down here!

Signature by someone, avatar by Neverbelle ~ Come flit by my Userpage! ~ Switch friend code: SW-0846-5678-6094
Old 10-01-2015, 10:36 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 

Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
1. I said deleting because for some reason it morphed into that, i guess?

2. I found the FAQ thing on the DISney Create one it seemed similar to the PH one so i threw it in there..

3. I said like VMK cause it was closed but returned 5 years later? I wasn't sure if you had to pay for anything in it or not so I said that..

AND YOUR WELCOME ABOUT THE LINKS AND its okay and very helpful for what you commented!
Old 10-02-2015, 01:09 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
I used to do that as well, Popcorn, searching for various links and downloading images and code that is still available. ^^ You managed to find so many links, I'm impressed! The fact that those links are actually loading the images means that they're all still in their database. Also following on from Em's post in another thread, it can be a logical assumption that Disney still has the game files, they simply cut off connection to them. If only they could let us to get to the files though, I'd certainly be willing to pay just to play Talent Games again.

Thanks for sharing the video too! I'm a bit shocked to hear that website games don't earn the needed profits off of subscriptions anymore. What about all the MMOs that are currently running, how can they be unprofitable and running on an inefficient business model?
I don't get it, if Disney was actually keen on delving further into the gaming industry, they should have the assets and opportunities to do so. They have so many patents and copyrights that can be used to their advantage! Instead they purchase competitors (like Club Penguin) rather than developing their own creative products.

The introduction of Pixie Diamonds must have been their way of attempting to improve their profits, by following the market trend. I'm surprised that micro-transactions are being implemented more and more often in games, I was personally never fond of them and they didn't seem to fit well in Pixie Hollow (well, maybe that's just my own opinion). I feel like I waste a lot more $ with micro-transactions, the costs accumulate very quickly, whereas a subscription grants you access to the whole game. If you accumulate a large enough player base, the subscriptions shouldn't necessarily have to be too expensive, right? But I guess if professionals say that that model isn't working for them then what can we say?

Oops, did I rant a bit? Sorry, don't mind me *grabs the offered cookie and flits away to munch on it*

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 10-02-2015, 01:08 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
Awards Showcase

^^ I wonder if it would be possible to get my pixie page haha
But I doubt it though. BUT if the images are loading it must mean like you said they still have them?
http://disney.go.com/fairies/pixie-h...GrandCoralTree just in case

I think the video has a point though about MMOs. I feel like Disney lost a really big chance by closing all the games and keeping Club Penguin. But yeah I think the reason they added Pixie Diamonds was because it wasn't getting it's needed profits but wasn't getting them? But it's kinda sad when you think of it or other MMOs if they do run on a inefficient business model.

You have a point, Onionleaf, I feel the more MMOs or games any of us play the more they will end up costing more money for all of us. But great, or even good, games need money to continue being that way. It would be hard for it without that part.

Last edited by Silver LightflowerPH; 10-02-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Happy New Year!
View Daisy GlitterConfetti's Photo Album
Daisy GlitterConfetti's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd Arcade Champ Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Adventurous
Daisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I'm not sure about all that other stuff (I know nothing about coding) but I can explain our d-names and account information.

Our accounts weren't deleted; only the Pixie Hollow parts. Things such as our wardrobe, ingredients, and fairies themselves, were deleted. Our d-names, usernames, passwords and other account information are still accessible.

I believe there is an ABC website we are able to log into once we reach the age minimum (13 or 18, I believe), because Disney is the parent company of ABC. While Disney Create and Pirates of the Caribbean Online were still open, we were able to sign in using our Pixie Hollow username/passwords, and vice versa. (I don't think we were able to sign into Club Penguin, because of the usernames being our Penguin names; I'm not sure about ToonTown).

So, no, our accounts were not deleted. If Disney were to decide to create another MMORPG, we might even be able to sign in using our old Disney/Pixie Hollow account usernames and passwords.

And who knows? Disney might actually have all that coding and stuff hidden away somewhere. I find it kinda hard to believe that they'd delete over 6 (?) years worth of coding, etc. when the game closed down. Sure, they might not have any plans to use it, and our fairies themselves might not be saved with it, but would a company really delete possibly a million dollars worth of work? (Remember, I know nothing about coding; they might have had to delete it. But if it's possible for them to save some of it, I think they would.)